Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 26, 2009 7:34 PM

Feb 2008
turkeymeister said:
ghostphace said:
Yet another group has picked it up and put out the first two eps.

Mind saying just which group it is?
No, because I'm paranoid. Besides you're not even watching Phantom anyway.
Apr 26, 2009 8:42 PM

Nov 2007
It's nice to see more efforts are being made to simulcast more new titles this season.

I've been interested in Phantom for a while, I just never got around to starting it.

Legal streams it is, then!

In regards to the whole debate, Splitter, Jenny and other have said pretty much whatever I have to say on the subject, so I have nothing else to say on the matter, at the moment.
Apr 26, 2009 9:27 PM
May 2008
I watched it on their site and I think it's great. Easy way to get legal subs, but I'm in NA so I don't need to complain.
Apr 27, 2009 3:36 AM

Jun 2008
ghostphace said:
turkeymeister said:
ghostphace said:

Your attitude is offensive and your bluff, pathetic.

Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Apr 27, 2009 4:17 AM

Sep 2007
turkeymeister said:
ghostphace said:
turkeymeister said:
ghostphace said:

Your attitude is offensive and your bluff, pathetic.

He's right. A new group did pick up this anime and has posted the first 2 eps.
If you don't know where to look this that your own problem.
Apr 27, 2009 4:49 AM

Jun 2008
Roxkis said:
He's right. A new group did pick up this anime and has posted the first 2 eps.
If you don't know where to look this that your own problem.
I am sorry, I'm not too well versed in the arts of searching for illegal downloads. Perhaps that reflects something...

In any case, I heard from my friend that it's Nekomimi.

Hurr, looks like that I just might be able to watch it after all.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Apr 27, 2009 4:58 AM

Mar 2009
As long as they don't get the most popular title of the season then I don't care what they license. Even if it's licensed there would always be a group out there who will fansub what this FUNimation licenses.

FUNimation has a retarded name. They make the anime that they license sound like kids' stuff.

Apr 27, 2009 5:44 AM

Jul 2007
Unregistered00 said:
As long as they don't get the most popular title of the season then I don't care what they license. Even if it's licensed there would always be a group out there who will fansub what this FUNimation licenses.

FUNimation has a retarded name. They make the anime that they license sound like kids' stuff.

They did start with Dragonball. And when you only have a shounen jump anime, sounding like a kids' company makes sense.

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 27, 2009 7:28 PM

Mar 2008
Unregistered00 said:

That's what they started as, a company for Kids animes like DBZ. It's only been over the last few years have they began going for more variety. ADV has always been the more variety company.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Apr 28, 2009 3:04 AM

Dec 2007
ShadowAlex said:
That's what they started as, a company for Kids animes like DBZ. It's only been over the last few years have they began going for more variety. ADV has always been the more variety company.

The last few years? They've went for variety farther back than that. Funimation started branching out from their "norm" back in 2002 when they licensed and released Fruits Basket, which was a complete 360 to what they were known for. I remember this quite clearly, since everyone on the internet was like, "Funimation gets Fruits Basket?! Why would they do that?! They'll totally ruin it like they did DBZ!!" And to prove everyone wrong, they did a pretty damn good job on Fruits Basket and have been on their titles ever since.

Sooo... yeah, just wanted to point that out. =)
KnittyApr 28, 2009 4:40 AM
Jun 2, 2009 1:36 PM

Mar 2008
-Jenny said:
ShadowAlex said:

The last few years? They've went for variety farther back than that. Funimation started branching out from their "norm" back in 2002 when they licensed and released Fruits Basket, which was a complete 360 to what they were known for. I remember this quite clearly, since everyone on the internet was like, "Funimation gets Fruits Basket?! Why would they do that?! They'll totally ruin it like they did DBZ!!" And to prove everyone wrong, they did a pretty damn good job on Fruits Basket and have been on their titles ever since.

Sooo... yeah, just wanted to point that out. =)

Right I did watch the commentary by Justin Cook when he pointed it out. And yeah Fruba is my all time favorite dub by them.
Jun 4, 2009 10:20 AM

Jan 2008
I hope they're going to be putting it out on DVD because I want to be able to own and watch it whenever I want without my internet being cut off, otherwise they might as well not license it at all if they can't make any money off of it while people just download via bittorrent or direct download

Note:
Estoy_GordoJun 4, 2009 10:50 AM
Jun 4, 2009 12:18 PM

Oct 2007
FUNimation has the fortune of being in direct contact with the original staff. Maybe they wanted it to be Eren.
You can find me on IRC.
Jun 8, 2009 4:56 PM

Feb 2008
The FUNimation Video Portal is down for maintenance.

----

I was trying to see if I could still watch Pantom even though I am in Australia.

I like the fact that Funimation now releases there DVD's subbed and dubbed because I like to watch both. My only problem is that the DVD sets are so expensive I hate having to pay $75 - $100 dollars for every DVD set that I get. It usually costs about $30 per volume when they are released and usually takes a long time after they are released in America before they are released over here. If I really like a show that I watched subbed I like to buy them when they are released on DVD.

I don't have a problem with watching Pantom streamed (as long as I can get access to it) since I watch Code Geass season 1 dubbed streamed on ABC Iview (Australian Broad Casting) every week when it is released.
Jun 20, 2009 3:10 PM

Apr 2009
giganoBrago said:
-Jenny said:
giganoBrago said:
people just like subs, it cant be helped^_^

Umm, so do I? Liking subs isn't an excuse, since DVDs always have a subtitle track.

Why do people insist on ignoring this detail? It's like no one has ever actually held an official anime DVD before and just repeat the same uninformed bullcrap over and over again. >.>

computers better^_^ lol the thing is lots of people dont wanna ave to pay for it when they can get it for free, its the way to "stick it to the man"

......You have no idea how much i hate you for saying that.

Splitter said:
Diagnosis: Fansub watchers are jackass douchebags who have no right calling themselves "fans".

And you are awesome,i watch the anime subbed but only if its still airing and has not been realesed to the USA yet when it has i buy it.I hate people who don't support the company.
biitchstickJun 20, 2009 3:14 PM
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Jun 20, 2009 5:25 PM

Oct 2007
angelchan.

i love you.
You can find me on IRC.
Jun 20, 2009 5:28 PM

May 2008
I with FUNimation would acquire SUBS ON THEIR YOUTUBE CHANNEL.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 6, 2009 7:24 AM

Dec 2008
Capellabun said:
3rr0R said:

There wouldn't be any FUNi hate, if it would just leave the subgroups alone. Americans go FUNi, Europeans and others get fansubs
It's jut not right to deny the right from other regions outer America, to watch subbed anime

Again, Funimation is a US licensing company, their licenses don't extend past North America so they can not offer it anywhere else. It's not that they are denying you anime it's that they can't distribute it outside of their region.

I do however empathize with you about the subs but I really can't see it as a reason to hate them. Maybe, if I lived elsewhere where anime wasn't as available as it is here in NA I would feel the same but I do see the reason why they go after sub groups and I imagine any other company would do the same if they felt it would effect their company in a negative way.

giganoBrago said:

also if the company that licences the show starts to sub it they use absolutly no japanese in the subs (noteing viz subbing naruto) which alot of words lose some of there meaning when translated directly into english

so damn you funimation

Err, I own a good number of DVDs and a few of them do use Japanese in the subs, my Mushi-shi dvds (licensed by Funimation)being a good example of this as a good majority of the Japanese words are kept intact in both the dub and the sub.

Why is there hate also for Funi, even though they send license only for NA, they do tend to send C&D to every subgroup including those out of NA reach. Add to that that fact is that about more then 50% of sub groups of english subtitles is originating from NA. This is not a fact but a mere guess that i have based on all subgroups and those who post where they are from.

Protecting the company from getting negative profits is nice and i support that whole heartedly, but dominating the market liek they do i see it as wanting to own everything that an anime fan wants and sell it at high ridiculous prices for some profit, this is a reason why people watch anime on the net, because it is free , well you pay your internet provider for it. If they would sell it at lower prices and the production costs stays the same their profit margin could increase by the lower pricings so that there can be a larger public to buy it

So yeh European, African, Eastern people are basicly screwed thanks to Funi licensing the NA... Hate me for hating that. However do not tell me that I don't pay for what i watch, next to watching new shows on the computer I do have a case full of bought DVD's, some imported because i had no other choice but to to watch them, others not.
BaltoAug 6, 2009 7:31 AM
Aug 6, 2009 2:40 PM

Mar 2008
Balto said:
Capellabun said:
3rr0R said:

There wouldn't be any FUNi hate, if it would just leave the subgroups alone. Americans go FUNi, Europeans and others get fansubs
It's jut not right to deny the right from other regions outer America, to watch subbed anime

Again, Funimation is a US licensing company, their licenses don't extend past North America so they can not offer it anywhere else. It's not that they are denying you anime it's that they can't distribute it outside of their region.

I do however empathize with you about the subs but I really can't see it as a reason to hate them. Maybe, if I lived elsewhere where anime wasn't as available as it is here in NA I would feel the same but I do see the reason why they go after sub groups and I imagine any other company would do the same if they felt it would effect their company in a negative way.

giganoBrago said:

also if the company that licences the show starts to sub it they use absolutly no japanese in the subs (noteing viz subbing naruto) which alot of words lose some of there meaning when translated directly into english

so damn you funimation

Err, I own a good number of DVDs and a few of them do use Japanese in the subs, my Mushi-shi dvds (licensed by Funimation)being a good example of this as a good majority of the Japanese words are kept intact in both the dub and the sub.

Why is there hate also for Funi, even though they send license only for NA, they do tend to send C&D to every subgroup including those out of NA reach. Add to that that fact is that about more then 50% of sub groups of english subtitles is originating from NA. This is not a fact but a mere guess that i have based on all subgroups and those who post where they are from.

Protecting the company from getting negative profits is nice and i support that whole heartedly, but dominating the market liek they do i see it as wanting to own everything that an anime fan wants and sell it at high ridiculous prices for some profit, this is a reason why people watch anime on the net, because it is free , well you pay your internet provider for it. If they would sell it at lower prices and the production costs stays the same their profit margin could increase by the lower pricings so that there can be a larger public to buy it

So yeh European, African, Eastern people are basicly screwed thanks to Funi licensing the NA... Hate me for hating that. However do not tell me that I don't pay for what i watch, next to watching new shows on the computer I do have a case full of bought DVD's, some imported because i had no other choice but to to watch them, others not.

If it were up to them I'm sure they would license outside of North America. But of course they can't. One it would take a tremendous more amount of money to do so, not to mention Japan also has to give the go to distribute in those Markets. FUNi is for NA, if you feel you are getting the cheap end of the deal, then FUNi is not the one to bitch too, it's the Japanese producers.

And one case hardly gives you any justification to say that "you still buy your anime." if the ratio is 99/1
Aug 14, 2009 11:40 PM

Apr 2009
For the people who live outside North america you can always use the internet the too buy your dvds by funi.They have subs you know. -.-

As for airing anime lol,well there obviously is some places you can look too find them your just too stupid. >_>
Aug 15, 2009 4:43 AM

Nov 2007
xxangelchanxx said:
For the people who live outside North america you can always use the internet the too buy your dvds by funi.They have subs you know. -.-

As for airing anime lol,well there obviously is some places you can look too find them your just too stupid. >_>

Except, y'know, they'd be R1 DVDs, which are illegal to sell outside of R1. So you may as well just pirate it.
Aug 15, 2009 6:42 AM

Jun 2008
Asako said:
xxangelchanxx said:

Except, y'know, they'd be R1 DVDs, which are illegal to sell outside of R1. So you may as well just pirate it.

And not only that but you will have to double the price with the cost that you will have for bringing it from America.
I wonder, if i make a site with all the funi anime for download but i put a block in IPs from America will i still get a letter from Funi.
Aug 15, 2009 12:13 PM

Nov 2007
Monad said:
I wonder, if i make a site with all the funi anime for download but i put a block in IPs from America will i still get a letter from Funi.

Funi are very aggressive about protecting their IP. They will send you DMCA notices if you host it within a nation that is a member of the WIPO.
Aug 15, 2009 12:18 PM

Apr 2008
I Don't see why people are complaining.
There's still subs and torrents ready.

Why complain?
Aug 15, 2009 6:23 PM

Oct 2007
Sohei said:
I Don't see why people are complaining.
There's still subs and torrents ready.

Why complain?

A) It's not a Japanese company handling it, so it's going to be butchered/maimed/destroyed/whathaveyou.

B) It means there'll be a dub, which as you are aware is some sort of horrendous crime against all creation.

C) These people have even less life than I do, so they spend the time bitching about things that ultimately don't affect them at all.
You can find me on IRC.
Aug 15, 2009 8:50 PM

Nov 2007
Kuyukly said:
A) It's not a Japanese company handling it, so it's going to be butchered/maimed/destroyed/whathaveyou.

B) It means there'll be a dub, which as you are aware is some sort of horrendous crime against all creation.

C) These people have even less life than I do, so they spend the time bitching about things that ultimately don't affect them at all.

You're being silly, Kuyuchi.

1) Funi is quite loyal with their translations, for the most-part. They certainly don't edit things, and most people are aware of that, so this isn't a gripe.

2) Everybody also knows that DVDs are always dual audio. Again, this isn't an issue.

3) You're missing the point, because these licenses do affect people who live outside of R1, yet because of Funi's DMCA takedowns, can no longer download said show. While there are some distributors who sub-license most series (not all!) to other regions (See Madman here in R4) they seem few and far between. So this kind of thing upsets people as it prevents them watching the show entirely, so yeah, it does affect a lot of people. Quite a few billion outside of R1, in fact.

That's why people complain when licenses occur. Because the majority of the world is outside of R1, and a title being licensed in R1, by a company as aggressive as Funi, means people can't watch the series at all unless they illegally buy the DVDs or illegally download them, if they remain available with DMCA.

So yeah, if I have no life for pointing out the problems with the industry, I guess that's fine.
Aug 15, 2009 8:58 PM

Oct 2007
Hey, I realize there are morons in this thread who can't detect sarcasm, but don't make me look like a moron in the process -_-.
You can find me on IRC.
Aug 15, 2009 9:04 PM

Nov 2007
Kuyukly said:
Hey, I realize there are morons in this thread who can't detect sarcasm, but don't make me look like a moron in the process -_-.

You know I <3 you Kuyuchi. And we both agree people are being pretty daft about this, as always happens with every license announcement. But I dislike people ignoring the fact there is a world outside of R1. D:
Aug 16, 2009 7:47 AM

Apr 2009
Asako said:
xxangelchanxx said:

I don't see how it's illegal....I buy R2 dvds from play-asia all the time.Is that supposed to be illegal if so why would they be selling them too people in R1?
Aug 16, 2009 7:56 AM
Aug 2007
Asako said:
xxangelchanxx said:

Huh. First time I've heard it is illegal to sell R1 DVDs out of region. Interesting. D'you know the legalities behind all of that? :\

(And does that mean buying R2 DVDs is illegal, even the legit ones? :o)
Aug 16, 2009 10:23 AM
Aug 2009
the_seventh_l said:

Huh. First time I've heard it is illegal to sell R1 DVDs out of region. Interesting. D'you know the legalities behind all of that? :

(And does that mean buying R2 DVDs is illegal, even the legit ones? :o)

It's illegal to sell them in another region. For example, it would be illegal to sell R1 DVDs outside of R1. But Play-Asia.com is based in and ship from Hong Kong, which is why it's fine to buy it from them and have it shipped to you.

The DVDs from Hong Kong are listed for both R3 and R6 but Japan is R2. I'm just thinking that maybe Japan releases DVDs in R3 or R6 also since Hong Kong is nearby.

I could be wrong I just extrapolated from a Wikipedia article so don't quote me on this one.
Aug 16, 2009 10:24 AM
Aug 2007
Ah. Thank you for the explanation. :)
Jun 7, 2010 7:36 AM

Sep 2009
I really hate funi subs.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 34 minutes ago

1 by EcchiGodMamster »»
27 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
32 minutes ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
5 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.