Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2014 7:58 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, shota Ikki was stalked by loli yandere Pandora.
Jun 1, 2014 6:32 AM

Jun 2012
So Shun is actually Hades and is not his long lost twin. hmm... :/ Ok. This show just likes twins so much I thought it might be possible.
I think it would have been a much cooler fight if Ikki and Kanon tag teamed the 3 judges. If that fight would have happened it would have been my favourite fight in the entire show. B/c Ikki and Kanon are two of my fav characters and the 3 judges are god tier.
Mar 29, 2016 8:04 PM

May 2009
So does that mean Shun is not completely under Hades control? He's hasn't said one word since becoming "Hades".
Alright, Ikki's vow to saving Shun was cool!
Who was that girl and What is she and Marin doing there?
Jan 26, 2019 11:06 PM

Jun 2016
Ikki is way too badass for his own good. That line he gave, "decide who's first.", "nani?!", "decide the order of who will die first.", was way too good. My gosh!!! He's speaking to the three strongest people under Hades and he sees them as nothing more than simple obstacles to crush. That's so crazy. I love Ikki even though he's hilariously overpowered and overly badass at times. Remember when he went directly to kill Poseidon?!?! I swear that happened. That whole final scene was hysterical, in a good way. It was like each character was trying to one up the last's action. Ikki gets blasted while distracted, gives his badass line then gets whooped again and launched into the air. Lands still alive and SOMEHOW avoids the second attack with his "a saint doesn't get hit by the same move twice" spiel and comes from behind Aiacos and knocks him into the grave he set up for Ikki. Confidently turns to kill the others before being told he's still alive. It's like two incredibly confident guys knocking the other down, smugly standing there, then getting beaten down by the other repeat x infinity.

The dynamic of the judges and Kanon is awesome. I love how it's turned into a pride match for Rhadamanthys, him actually saving Kanon so he could get another chance at fighting him. And I love Minos's puppet attack, the way he broke Kanon's finger was so brutal.......... The judges are quite fearsome. With Rhadamanthys' constant involvement, refusal to die, saving of Kanon, and even rebellious nature towards Pandora it hit me that I think he'll become a friend by the end of this arc and turn against Hades or at least Pandora... It's just a feeling... I'm really starting to like him for some reason, even though he has done such awful things. Speaking of him, I'm glad Orphee's sacrifice wasn't for nothing, it did damage him a lot!

I must say, Seiya's whole sister subplot better be concluded by the end of the series.... It's getting a bit old to have it constantly brought up without ever truly focusing in on it!!!

Interestingly, Shun was pursued by Pandora as a kid. That's why she recognized him as he entered the underworld. He seems to be a reincarnation of Hades, at least at this point, and Ikki claims he chose to turn into Hades. It seems he has some more knowledge than we do to assume this. "Shun is ready to die". Perhaps Shun took on the role of Hades to either purposefully lose.. I can't say much on it yet but I'm very interested in it, it also fits with his plight about pain and war being unending.

The imagery of Seiya being buried neck deep in the freezing Ice Hell is scary. The frozen skulls around him really sell home how serious it is. There's just more and more cases of the Underworld being totally awesome and I wish it was more fleshed out, as in I wish we got more time with it and each hell and prison!

P.S. I knew the moment was coming where Kanon would say the other guy was already dead at the start of the episode but it was so good anyways. I love those so much.
Jan 2, 2023 8:33 PM

Apr 2016
Rhadamanthys wasted no time spreading the word that Shun is Hades and Pandora can sense is time for another battle for the little brother.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 10 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 7, 2014

3 by Sol_Ou »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:21 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 5 Discussion

Monad - Feb 3, 2014

6 by m3ccaryn »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:10 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 9 Discussion

Monad - Feb 25, 2014

6 by kratos_aurion »»
May 28, 2023 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 12 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 8, 2014

5 by Safrichh »»
Feb 26, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 7 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 3, 2014

5 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.