Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2009 2:10 AM

Nov 2007
Liked the fights they were choreographed very well =D so now the final stage is set it's going to be an interesting last episode.
Apr 17, 2009 11:59 PM

Nov 2006
sync and regret were sexy. rip.
Apr 27, 2009 5:20 AM

Aug 2008
And on to the last episode. I wonder what will happen to the world and the score.

But even if they creted a new world, wouldn't that world have a planet memory too?
May 7, 2009 4:47 AM

Jan 2008
Finally, a good episode.
Jul 18, 2009 4:41 PM

Oct 2008
Asch is dead ?

My theory was Asch and luke will Fuse togetehr to Form THe ultimate fighting being !

8D

well its 70 percent right.

but probably both of them will die.In 23 minutes i will find out "THE END"
Jul 18, 2009 4:58 PM

Oct 2008
Asch is dead ?

My theory was Asch and luke will Fuse togetehr to Form THe ultimate fighting being !

8D

well its 70 percent right.

but probably both of them will die.In 23 minutes i will find out "THE END"
Jul 26, 2009 1:14 AM

Oct 2007
Just to break it to some, Jade did not use his power before because some sort of seal was placed on him causing him to not be able to use powerfull magic. But around ep 22 or something, he suddenly manages to cast one and they already question 'did he manage to silently undo the seal by himself?', meaning, the seal is now, apparently, gone. Allowing Jade to use his more powerfull magics again.

Tear says in the last episode at Van that she finaly remembers the final Hymn, maybe the same happened with her freezing spell? She just remembered.
Aug 11, 2009 1:00 PM

Aug 2007
The fight scenes were finally interesting... but other than that, Asch's death was done much better in the game. It gets tiring saying stuff like that, but it's true.
Nov 3, 2009 11:58 AM

Mar 2008
Wow Natalia has to endure a lot in this anime, and every time she's already fine after 2 seconds of crying :s
Sep 25, 2010 4:01 PM
Aug 2010
Nice episode. But I hated "Luke vs Asch"'s fight. seriously, it was supposed to be a dramatic battle, and then it's over before you know it! Oh man... WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY MADE THIS IN 52 EPISODES!?!?!? ToA deserved more than this...
Aug 4, 2011 12:48 PM

Jul 2007
Gin-iro said:
Hmm... Asch's death in the game was more dramatic.

At least, that's what I think. Natalia didn't whine as much in the game.

Well for once this episode was actually decent in the action department. Had the action been a little more like this episode, i might of respected it more. Though i agree with this guy in that asche death was much more dramatic in the game, then it was in the anime. Also luke is more of an emo like i said before. Sure he kind of always wants to help people, but seriously in the game he has became much stronger. Instead of saying lines like "asche im coming to get you". In the game he kind of just expected what was going to happen and accepted it. The fate of the world now rest on his shoulders.

I like how they didn't skip the natalia scene when asche died, that was pretty important. Jade is as cold as ever and out of all moments in the games story line, that is when everyone just kind of looked back him like wtf lol. It pretty much the same as the what the game shown for those moments. How ever the battles against legretta and phycne were definitely' a little different.

Another things i notice that was lacking in the story was tears and legretta's relationship, and how they knew each other. It was briefly talked bout way back in the series but it was subtle, that i could hardly remember it. This was developed a bit better in the game for sure.

Anyways, onto the final confrontation and considering all the events that lead up to this point is against van alone. I am betting that the final episode will be actually good, cause all thats really left is van's battle and for a 24 min episode, they can do alot with that and what actually happens at the end.

Jun 12, 2013 8:47 PM
Jul 2018
The game was much more dramatic with Asch's death, but this was still a decent episode.
May 25, 2014 11:36 PM

Jan 2010
The show is certainly trying to get rid of as many characters as it can. I'm sure that the game had more build up, so it's disappointing that he anime had to deal with time constraints. Still, onto the last episode.
Jan 26, 2016 8:14 PM

Aug 2013
Although not like I expected for Luke and Asch fight..
but the rest were good.. Jade is the most badass as always.
At least I saw blood for Asch's death.. it digs in that he's really dead.
Natalia breakdown for few seconds and recovered lol.
May 2, 2020 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Sync's death was quite disheartening. It is sad and disconcerting to see a person who shares Ion's face be this twisted, cruel, and pitiful. It is lamentable.

Tear and Legretta's relationship wasn't delved into in the Anime. I remember the Anime mentioning it in passing, but that's about it. Even Asche's death and whole character felt more sorrowful in the game. Unquestionably, the game was better at handling character aspects and delivering them just right.

I do have to say that the action in this episode was decent, surprisingly. Especially the Sync one. If only the series kept this kind of pace throughout, I wouldn't have had much to complain about.
Aug 1, 2020 2:55 AM

Nov 2016
Why tf doesn't she use her stop people from moving ability more often it's pretty damn useful and it seems like it doesn't affect her negatively at all. Also, how did they die from non-existing slashes?
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

More topics from this board

» I'm on ep 6, and I REALLY want to drop this now...

Kirukato05 - Jun 19, 2022

7 by Sir-C »»
Feb 26, 9:34 AM

» Differences between the anime and the game?

FactualTakes12 - Apr 18, 2023

3 by FactualTakes12 »»
Apr 21, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 16, 2008

78 by AtroceWins »»
Jan 24, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

62 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 28, 2021 12:07 PM

Poll: » Tales of the Abyss Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

direbliss - Apr 8, 2009

104 by AgelessPharaoh »»
Nov 12, 2020 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.