Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2009 4:17 AM

Jun 2008
Revisiting this after a long time...

Am I alone in the feeling that the ending wasn't very coherent and ruined all the drama of Ayu's arc?
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jun 8, 2009 6:53 PM
Apr 2009
What a great series. I'm sad it's over now.

I didn't cry like I thought I would. Maybe I'll have to watch it a gain XD.
Jun 18, 2009 12:10 AM

Apr 2009
turkeymeister said:
Revisiting this after a long time...

Am I alone in the feeling that the ending wasn't very coherent and ruined all the drama of Ayu's arc?

Oooh Miss Alicia
It's our own secret garden
Lesbians at war
Jun 26, 2009 7:09 AM

Jun 2009
Great show, however, the show is not as appealing for me after the end of Shiori Arc...

for me, Shiori, Mai and Makoto arc have completely overshadowed this ending. Nevertheless, this series have been great ^_^

9/10.

in other word, Clannad ~AS~ remain as my favorite of all time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2009 7:55 AM

Jun 2009
It was good, no doubt.. but i'm left feeling confused and mildly irritated at the ending everyone claims to be the best evar. I understood all that happened, but i can't seem to grasp the 'entire' story, do i just have to *insert miracle* to everything i'm confused about to "accept" kanon 2006? =P Oh well, still gets a 8/10 from me.
Jun 26, 2009 2:24 PM
May 2008
the ending was kinnda strange compared to whole anime,but don't you feel better when everything ends in a good way?Anyway,this was my first romance/drama anime,i never thought i would watch one.Not only i liked it,i loved it,also it got to the top of my favourite anime
Jul 22, 2009 7:23 PM
Jul 2009
Wow what an amazing story. For some reason, it just struck me so hard in the soul when Yuuichi realized that he never gave the hairband to Ayu. Though I'm still a bit confused about the illusion vs reality thing, but great ending nevertheless!
Jul 22, 2009 8:04 PM

Jul 2009
Great series overall. I personally cant decide if kanon 2k6 or clannad is better. though i felt the ending is a bit rushed
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jul 27, 2009 4:37 AM

Mar 2008
Given all the hype around it, and the huge amount of people that recommended it to me, this series didn't live to my expectations. Actually, it failed (miserably) to pull my interest. The characters all (except, perhaps the male lead) feel very fake and flawless and that takes away whatever pleasure one could have from watching this kind of show, heavily based on character development... or so it seems.

Anyway, most of the time I was bored while watching this but I kept watching, due to the "it gets better" that I was told several times. Indeed, it got slightly better for a few episodes (Mai's arc) and I also liked Shiori's short arc. However, I found myself yawning throughout most of the remaining episodes.

I can't say the same about this last episode though. I did like the ending. It was beautifully done and was a nice conclusion to the story. A nice ending for a mediocre series.

This series gets the 'average' mark from me (5/10), mostly because I liked Mai's and Shiori's arc, which are about 1/3 of the series, so it would be unfair to give it a rating lower than this.
Aug 15, 2009 12:09 AM

Jul 2009
Good series, I guess.

The first few arcs were almost unbearable. The last couple were great.

The series falls somewhere in between I guess.

7.5/10.
Aug 28, 2009 9:10 PM
Aug 2009
Wow.. im no guru, but ive seen my fair share of anime. And i just finished this series today, i instantly throw it to the top of my lists. I would honestly have to give it a solid 9/10 for me putting it up there with some of my favs. Partly im going to have to give props to the english cast here. The dvd subs were garbage, fansubs were good, but the english dialog on this one really drew me in. Not to mention while i didnt "love" all of the voice actors i certainly didnt "hate" any of them.

I like how they pulled everything together with the narrating and "Dream" hints and such. i love the soundtrack so much ill be getting it immediately also. theres really nothing i didnt like about this show, minus that i agree the last few eps were a little rushed.

slightly OT, but
Maybe it was even better though because i just watched claymore and the guy that voices the boy was so bad i refused to listen to him and watched it subbed. Its the guy from xxxholic, man i can't stand his voice! yech..
Oct 7, 2009 2:12 PM

Apr 2009
Finished today,it gets a 10 from me ^^'
I would give it a 9,but I can't just give that,it has something many shows don't have,A GOOD FINAL @___________@
Oct 10, 2009 11:16 AM
Sep 2009
that was awesome, a truly happy ending, this now beats clannad hands down, every character made an appearance, from shiori to mai to... everyone even MAKOTO made an appearance don't believe me then go back and check 22:08 in the background behind the tree trunk is makoto XD.
Oct 14, 2009 10:06 AM
Nov 2008
Finished last night. I watched and loved Clannad and After Story a while back, but I put off Kanon to let the emotions settle down a bit. Holy hell I'm glad I did.

I have to admit that it took me a bit to get into. Unlike Clannad, there seemed to be a lot going on at once, and it took me some time to get familiar with all the characters. In addition, the Makoto arc didn't really hit me all that hard. I actually had a pretty accurate guess fairly early on of what her story was (although I originally thought she was a cat), and knowing the Key style, it was pretty easy to see where things were going right up to the end. Something about "Hey let's get married" pretty much out of pity just didn't do it for me.

Then the Mai arc hit me like a fucking truck. Then Shiori, Akiko, and Nayuki all proceeded to do the same. There's not much to say about them, they just knew how to get to my heart and executed it beautifully.

Which leaves us with Ayu. Don't get me wrong, I thought Ayu was another fantastic character, and her story about the school and the tree hit me as much as the rest did. But what I didn't like about Ayu was the relationship. Throughout the series, Yuuichi felt like an older brother to Ayu. Then, very suddenly, it's a love interest. I couldn't buy that. Shiori and Mai both felt like better candidates, but the only kiss goes to Ayu. I think they could have captured the same emotions of the story without the forced relationship.

While I am very happy with the overall experience that was Kanon, I have to say that I prefer Clannad. Kanon seemed to focus on extreme sadness. I was on the verge of tears at least 5 times throughout the show. Clannad on the other hand took me through a variety of emotions. Extreme sadness, extreme happiness, extreme anger, extreme hilarity, etc. In addition, I was also strongly behind the Tomoya/Nagisa relationship, unlike Yuuichi/Ayu as I pointed out above. And finally, throughout the entirety of both series, no question, Fuko-chan is my favorite character. Long live the starfish!

In the end, both shows were quite amazing, and I really hope there is more Key to come!

tl;dr: Kanon 9/10, Clannad slightly higher 9/10
Nov 7, 2009 11:38 AM

Feb 2009
i loved the end. the happy end ^^

but i've got a question, does someone know what the soundtrack (or whatever you call it) is... uhh... when Akiko and Yuuichi were in the cafe... and there was music... on the violin...?
Nov 9, 2009 5:57 AM

May 2009
It's Pachelbel's Canon I think

Really like this story, not as good as Clannad in my opinion, but it was funny, captivating and really emotional, the setting was great, and the happy ending was nice to complete it.
Dec 22, 2009 4:42 PM

Nov 2009
Key ftw! Kanon was beautiful..just beautiful.. Definitely a memorable series! ^^
Dec 23, 2009 9:04 AM

Nov 2009
I liked it, but it seems kinda strange, with him dating Ayu ( who seems a better "littel sister" character).

Also, I never got what happened to Makoto.
Dec 23, 2009 5:24 PM

Apr 2009
I love this!
Jan 14, 2010 7:32 PM

Jun 2008
This is a great series! Almost as good as Clannad As. Fortunately I wasnt as emotional watching this as I was watching CLANNAD AS but this was a great anime. now i wonder.. now what?

Shiori LIVES ! MY FAVORITE CHARACTER! :D
Jan 16, 2010 3:33 PM

Jan 2010
I really love this episode. Its a really great episode ^^
Jan 22, 2010 1:36 AM

Apr 2009
Good, but lacked the depth of character development from Clannad (although there was two series of that).

Makoto and Ayu, in my eyes, were quite annoying, and the climax left me in limbo. It happens, where you try to create your own reality because your scared of the real world, but Makoto being a fox, Mai fighting illusionary demons, and Shiori surviving a terminal disease, not to mention Ayu being in a coma for over 7 years? And even hints of insest (if you count counsins relationships as that)? It seems far too farfetched and unexplained, even if the supernatural elements were deliberate. Clannad explained its arcs far better, even if it was a bit cliche, and the comedy was better than just 'Insult -> "Auuuu"/"Uguuuu!"'.

It was not bad, but not great either.
Feb 11, 2010 12:22 PM

Aug 2009
Great anime, just... awesome. But the corny happy ending was just... bleh.
8.5/10
Feb 13, 2010 1:35 PM

Aug 2007
Well, I think I followed the ending a lot better my second time through the series, but it's still a bit confusing. I'm still not sure if the entire series was part of Ayu's dream or just the last episode. Obviously Shiori's recovery and Nayuki's mom getting better didn't really happen since that doesn't fit with what we know of reality at all, but I'm not sure if the last scene showing Ayu's recovery was real or not. It is implied that Ayu is dreaming all this as Yuuichi is by her bedside telling her about everything, so perhaps all the events are slightly based in reality but with the supernatural parts added in by Ayu's subconscious. This is all just speculation on my part though.
Feb 18, 2010 6:01 AM

Feb 2010
HAHA LOVED THIS! Though i still loved clannad more. haha any hope for Kanon After Story?

Do you like or wish for the Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade pairing from Angel Beats? Or just love both characters?
Then Join the club ^^:The Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade Club

Feb 25, 2010 4:02 AM
Jan 2009
Lol, I really enjoyed it too but I also agree Clannad to me was better imo. Though I watched Kanon 2006, an after story for it does seem possible if Ayu were to live with him still but who knows..^^ maybe miracles do happen.
Clannad AF>Clannad>Kanon (2006)>Air TV.
Mar 4, 2010 8:09 PM

Apr 2009
so Ayu woke up eh?

Is ayu's last wish is to forget her?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2010 12:29 PM

Jan 2010
wow what a great ending!!:D

and it's not that surrealistic either(in some parts)
Akiko go out of the hospital...possible
Mai and Sayuri also got well...posible
Shiori was cured...that's pretty hard to belive because her ilness really sounded bad but hey,so did for Stephen Hawking :)
and last but not least(actually the most important)...Yuiichi MISUNDERSTOOD,so Ayu wasn;t dead but in a coma...you can't imagine how happy i felt when i did found out this :D...

that's it,kanon goes up to #2 on my favorites list,after clannad :)

great show,i will happily rewatch it sometime this year

10/10

PS:Nayuki,Ayu,Yuiichi,Shiori and Makoto all have their chance to get on my top 10 characters xD
clannad4everMar 11, 2010 10:40 AM
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 10, 2010 4:47 AM

Aug 2007
clannad4ever said:
wow what a great ending!!:D

and it's not that surrealistic either(in some parts)
Akiko go out of the hospital...possible
Mai and Sayuri also got well...posible
Shiori was cured...that's pretty hard to belive because her ilness really sounded bad but hey,so did for Stephen Hawking :)
and last but not least(actually the most important)...Yuiichi MISUNDERSTOOD,so Ayu wasn;t dead but in a coma...you can't imagine how happy i felt when i did found out this :D...

Interesting. That's the same reaction I had when I first watched the series, but (as I stated above) I'm not so sure anymore after re-watching it. I have 2 reasons for this:

1) Shiori pretty much states in the last episode that all the miracles are the results of a dream. Well, okay she is speculating but I think this is the writer's way of telegraphing their intentions to the audience without stating them outright.

2) Up to this point, the whole story has been building up to a wonderful, awful tragic ending. Giving it a happy ending at this point through a series of Deus Ex Machina ruins it (for me at least.) So it is possible I'm simply projecting my own opinions into the story, but the way I see it viewing the ending as realistic would be like having the title characters survive at the end of Romeo and Juliet.
Mar 22, 2010 11:54 AM
Feb 2010
the story of this is like in clannad.. but i like it
Mar 27, 2010 1:18 PM

Feb 2010
wait... so does he end up with Ayu?... because Ayu is in a coma, does she ever wake up?

Apr 8, 2010 12:49 PM

Aug 2009
Wow...
I thought the main character was gonna commit suicide in the ending but the ending was disappointing in my opinion...
Miracles don't happen that way O_O
Apr 9, 2010 1:02 AM

Dec 2008
the scenes where everybody took care on Ayu were very heartwarming to me
too bad that they didn't show the moment as Ayu awoke of her coma
well the ending scene wth Ayu and Yuichi was very nice.

I think if they had shown her running around it would have been a bit unrealistic.

Till episode 13 I loved this show but,I didn't really liked the Mai and Shiori arc after that.
I also didn't liked that Yuichi showed love interest in so many girls.

At the end of this show the dream scenes, flashbacks and the present were mixed around like crazy,so it was hard to follow

8/10
Apr 9, 2010 1:32 AM

Nov 2009
Fabienne said:

8/10

You should probably try watching the end of Kanon 2002 as the scene that I felt should have been there in this is definitely in that. =)
Apr 9, 2010 2:18 AM

Dec 2008
SuperKyou said:
Fabienne said:

8/10

You should probably try watching the end of Kanon 2002 as the scene that I felt should have been there in this is definitely in that. =)
thx for the hint
Apr 10, 2010 3:51 PM

Feb 2010
I don't get the part where he said he was living an illusion or something after he finds the headband in the shrubs
But didn't he already gave it to her?
This the only thing that really confused me

overall I think the anime was pretty good
Apr 18, 2010 4:25 PM

Mar 2010
Fabienne said:

I also didn't liked that Yuichi showed love interest in so many girls.

Haha I have to agree with this quote right here, throughout this whole thing I could no stop thinking that Yuichi was a player.

I thought Yuichi being with Ayu was an OK ending, it might have been more interesting for me if Yuichi and Nayuki somehow got together. But it seems the anime didn't go into how much she liked/loved him.
Apr 24, 2010 9:05 PM

Dec 2009
So I admit it takes a lot && I mean a LOT to make me cry. I never cried at any films such as the Notebook, and none of my friends have seen me cry. I think my family saw it once when my dog died when I was in second grade. Other than that I hardly cry.

But for some reason, during this show I found myself crying, and during this last episode I couldn't help but just burst out in tears. Everything that was going on with Ayu just got to me, && earlier on in the series with Makoto the story just pulled on my heart strings && it still makes me tear when I think about it...

This anime effected me so much, it's a true masterpiece, to me anyway. I could watch it again and again and again. Although I was not a big fan of Yuichi and Ayu at the beginning by the end of the series I was happy they got together (personally I would've liked him to be with Makoto though).
Apr 29, 2010 11:12 PM

Apr 2008
Finished watching for the second time.

blu ray this time.

Still as dramatic as the first time I saw it, but remembering what happens next really kills it a little.

P.S. I liked this better than Clannad. Maybe cause I'm old. Or cause the eyes in this are bigger. no idea.
May 7, 2010 12:35 AM

Mar 2010
Twas a good series.
Clannad is better though.
May 8, 2010 5:13 PM

Jun 2009
Great serie, but...
Clannad > Kanon
May 11, 2010 10:06 PM
Feb 2010
Do people really not realize why they all got better? Do you remember anything about that final wish, or that angel, or anything? Ayu's final wish for that angel doll was that Yuuichi could be happy. For that to happen, all the people would have to be healed and all good. Whether that's logical doesn't matter, it's a way to illustrate the bond between Ayu and Yuuichi. It makes perfect sense in the story for it to happen that way.
May 15, 2010 2:15 AM

Apr 2010
God!! Don't scare me Key!! I really thought this was going to be a sad ending.. >.<

Great ending!! All is well and alive!! What could be better.. ^_^

Likes from the episode:
1. Shiori is alive!! Yay!! That's all I've wished to happen ever since I finished watching her arc, I was literally jumping from joy when I heard Shiori's voice in the preview from ep23 and more so when she really appeared in ep 24, this really made my day.. ^_^
2. Finally learned all the mysteries behind Ayu! I really thought she would just turn out to be spirit that just came back to the real world to fulfill her promise to Yuuichi, it turns out that she's the original Fuuko!! XD
3. There are lots of hints of most of the people recovering fast from their injuries and always hinting of it as a miracle.. hmm.. I think Mai has been busy lately.. Also, Megane Mai!! WIN :)
4. Clannad trailer at the end of the episode!! Though I watched Clannad first before Kanon, I'm glad I learned that some elements shown in Clannad were reference from Kanon i.e anteater doll and akiko's jam!! Really glad I watched Kanon!! :))

Hmm.. for me Clannad = Kanon, both get equal <3 from me..
Jun 5, 2010 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
A bit late with watching this but better than never.

Kanon really was touching in a kind only Clannad could have gotten me before.
Key's Projects are Masterpieces most of the time and they always get me, with their
profundity.

I think if i'd have watched Kanon earlier than Clannad, this would had a more emotional effect on me, because there were too many parallels with Clannad..

But nonetheless a great series and a happy ending =)

Jul 27, 2010 7:13 PM

Apr 2010
Loved this anime. Had a very nice happy ending <3

But geez, too much comparison with Clannad :P
Jul 28, 2010 1:55 PM

Mar 2009
I really liked this show and as again....I will never forget it as I won't Clannad and Air TV.

As for ending...I wouldn't have expected something like this.It leaves the same feeling as Clannad did.It means...That I totally loved it!

Thank you for such great series.
Apparantly Kimi to Boku will always be my last-anime-watched, until you check my profile :3~

Aug 11, 2010 11:45 AM

May 2010
For a while there, I thought it was going to have an ending that didn't make much sense, but the ending was great. I like it and it made sense.
Aug 11, 2010 8:17 PM

Aug 2010
maaaan, i wished i watched Kanon first before Clannad. it would be a better experience damn'it -,-

but overall, Kanon was a very great anime. at first i thought Ayu will never come back
(hmm, do u think Key is nice, NAWWT read "Tomoyo After" manga)

i would have given this anime a 10 but the ending couldve gotten more amazing, if they showed like Ayu can run again, they got married, or show every1's life, ryt? that would be better :D
so its a 9.7 for me, but theres no decimal here ryt, so ill drop it to a 9.0 =D
Sep 3, 2010 11:47 PM

Aug 2010
wow, kanon is well and truly a superb anime series and one of the best i've seen. i think i prefer kanon over clannad, although i have yet to see clannad after story. its soo good how they wrapped it all up and although it doesnt make total sense, there has been a supernatural element throughout the series. i had a feeling ayu might have been in a coma because back when ayu and yuuichi were in hospital and bumped into shiori, the doctor who looked at ayu looked a bit startled upon first glance of ayu.

but anyways. kanon = amazing <3
"Fun things...Happy things...They'll all...They'll all eventually change some day, you know? But can you still love this place?" - Nagisa
Sep 10, 2010 3:51 PM

Jul 2009
Guess I'm not the only one with that dissapoint for watching Clannad first, many places, I was telling myself "ClannadClannadClannadClannad" forever instead of enjoying it fulfully. Some soundtrack are also very similar, but oh well...

Gets an 8 from me, nice masterpiece with a cool ending I loved.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Kanon (2006) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kei-clone - Dec 15, 2006

57 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 22, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

63 by metalrain_15 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

162 by asbest0sdust »»
Feb 29, 4:21 AM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Dec 30, 2006

83 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

82 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 30, 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.