MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 8 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou »» Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 8 Discussion

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
View Poll Results: Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou Episode 8 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

39 60.94%
4 out of 5: Liked it

18 28.13%
3 out of 5: It was OK

6 9.38%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 1.56%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 64

01-12-12, 11:08 PM
Forum Moderator
I think it was more horrible that humans were hunting mermaids for their flesh and blood. My guess is that Sensei was testing Natsume by suggesting eating the mermaid. Once again he just simply watched Natsume's actions at various times in the episode without any visible reaction.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

01-15-12, 10:48 AM
Anime Moderator
Meh. Stories of mermaids & immortality are told often and I get tired of hearing them sometimes. I can't help thinking this could've been written a little better as well, but...whatever. It's only the second episode I didn't really enjoy out of both seasons so far. Not bad~

02-22-12, 5:31 AM

Really heartwarming episode. I just wonder how mermaids can be seen by humans in their real form... I thought it's impossible feat for all Youkais. Or mermaids aren't Youkais? Lol. They used to explain everything supernatural with just "Youkai" or "Ayakashi" up to now.
DeathReaper said:

Aww Nyanko-sensei wants Natsume to be immortal <3

In fact yes. This surprised me a lot. It looks like that Nyanko-sensei is not just an egoistic Ayakashi... I wasn't much sure until now.
Anyways, I love his always-on smile :3 Nyan!

02-25-12, 10:05 AM

I love mermaids, so I much approved of this episode.

I felt so bad for the old lady, but I'm glad the episode ended on a happy note.

Love the line: "Wanting to be together, realizing how precious it is, everyone lives on, trying to savour the time they have."

12-27-12, 3:50 PM

Such a touching heartwarming, yet sad series. I love it!

01-05-13, 7:39 PM

Sasafune played a dirty trick on the grandma. But I would be angry too because Sasafune wanted a friend, and she doesn't want her friend to ask for her blood for immortality. I like how Natsume realized what Nyanko-sensei, or other youkai have to through. Having a longer life is kind of sad, seeing the people you love die yet you have to continue to live on. Although I liked the theme in this episode, it was also the first episode that I almost fell asleep in...it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great like all the other previous episodes.

09-25-13, 1:53 AM

that mermaid was kinda hilarious. She wasn't cruel because she misunderstood Chizu's intention for asking the blood.. But it ended well, good episode

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|

11-08-13, 10:06 PM

TowardsTheStars said:
That was most certainly a cruel trick but I can understand why the (beautiful) mermaid did it.

Also, ending was heartwarming.

Yea it was a pretty messed up trick but at least it turned out for the best. I'm wondering why the guy never came back though once he recovered.

12-26-13, 11:53 AM

Quite lovely episode I sure loved the ending!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices