Forum Settings
Forums

'Akame ga Kill!' Manga to Receive TV Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 31, 2014 9:22 PM
Dec 2010
Immahnoob said:
Gantz was hated for its ending

Gantz was hated for far too many things; bringing people back to life, Kei clone, the Vampires...... it had potential early on but ended up being nothing more than a random collection of slash flicks with no real plot. I feel that the same could be said about Akame ga Kill, it started out strongly but even with all the deaths it's pretty much a shallow, brain dead shounen like Bleach in disguise.
Feb 1, 2014 8:32 AM

Apr 2012
scytheavatar said:
Immahnoob said:
Gantz was hated for its ending

Gantz was hated for far too many things; bringing people back to life, Kei clone, the Vampires...... it had potential early on but ended up being nothing more than a random collection of slash flicks with no real plot. I feel that the same could be said about Akame ga Kill, it started out strongly but even with all the deaths it's pretty much a shallow, brain dead shounen like Bleach in disguise.

But it still was popular.

Anyway, you simply don't like shounens, that's not something anyone can fix. Shounens are for young teenagers after all.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 1, 2014 9:05 AM

Feb 2013
I hope this adaptation finally shows people how flawed this series is.
Now being incompetent – that’s what’s best, really. To be completely obtuse. To be so oblivious as to never think for a second about one’s purpose in life, to never think about the meaning of life, to never think about the value of life. Then this world would be paradise. Calm, peaceful, and serene. Trivial things would be major, and major things trivial, and life could be lived to its fullest.
Feb 1, 2014 9:41 PM
Dec 2012
Can't wait!
Hope they make it as brutal as the manga and not give it a PG-13 rating.
Feb 1, 2014 10:43 PM
Dec 2010
Immahnoob said:
Anyway, you simply don't like shounens, that's not something anyone can fix. Shounens are for young teenagers after all.

I don't like shallow shounen, doesn't mean that there's no good shounen series out there to be adapted. I am still waiting for a One Punch Man and Owari no Seraph anime.
Feb 2, 2014 3:10 AM

Apr 2012
scytheavatar said:
Immahnoob said:

I don't like shallow shounen, doesn't mean that there's no good shounen series out there to be adapted. I am still waiting for a One Punch Man and Owari no Seraph anime.

This man here found the objective way to detect shallow shounen, ladies and gentlemen!

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Feb 2, 2014 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
And here's a better idea : How about you refrain yourself from casually throwing blanket accusations to other people for having different take on the series than you?
Feb 3, 2014 8:42 AM

Dec 2013
was waiting for it :3
Feb 8, 2014 11:34 PM

Jun 2012
ahhh.....
it really scared me to wait this manga became a crappy anime like other anime series
im begging for movie or at least big budget ova for this...
Feb 9, 2014 7:18 AM

Jan 2013
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
'If people refuse to accept you, then I'll just accept you even more.'
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

8 by kataneer »»
6 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.