Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 11, 2014 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
Running away from deciding which girl is better is ALWAYS the best option. Less stress put. This is a better anime than I thought it was going to be due to being a VN-adaptation, which I usually think are terrible aside from Key, Type Moon, and Nitroplus works. I like how they focused more and the action and less on romance.
Apr 15, 2015 12:41 AM

Feb 2013
Noel lost. Aww. But I'm totally okay now that Mireielle can walk! Yeah!

Mio lost! Woo! That would've been way to clichéd if she won. Although the actual jousting was a little disappointing becuase that song was overlaying the actual jousting. I wanted them to speak and think how they were going to win against Celia. Celia got a feather's fly on Mio. Skill!

In the end this was better than I thought it was going to be. I expected pany shot, accidental boob grabbing everywhere. While that was in this, it was in so little.

It was fine.
Apr 25, 2015 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
Wellp...finally got around to watching this.

Gotta say, was pretty disappointed. It wasn't abysmal, but I definitely didn't like it.

First of all, I saw the key visual before I watched the show. I assumed that the blonde girl was the main focal point girl of the harem, but it turned it to be Celia, and the show focused on Mio. So that was kind of sad.

Also waited to watch the BDs. There really wasn't that much nudity. Just some barely visible nips in the shower and that one fanservice scene in the windmill. Disappointed with that.

Disappointed he didn't pick a girl. I wouldn't have even cared if he squired one girl, but dated another. This was the kind of harem where the MC didn't even need to be indecisive, because the other girls were all encouraging him to choose, and weren't even going to be mad if it wasn't them.

The story also kind of sucked ass. Tis to be expected from a rushed VN adaptation though.

I will say that the girls were the redeeming point of this show. The story was bad, but all of the girls were incredibly likeable. Noel was obviously best girl, and her sister was just adorable. Celia was obviously the hottest girl. Mio was ok for the typical childhood friend. Akane and Bertille were ok, their comedic moments were good. The nurse was also a romance-able option in the VN, but not in the anime, so she didn't get much time.

It's funny to root for a best girl or best girls in the anime, and then to go onto the vndb page and see all of the fucked up shit the girls engage in. Lots of the girls get pregnant, and are into things like peeing, bukkake, gokkun, lactation, etc, lol. The more you know.

Overall 4/10 That entire score literally goes towards how likeable the female cast was (mostly Noel and Celia). There were no other worthwhile parts to this show.
May 18, 2015 4:55 PM

Nov 2013
Why the fuck would they skip the whole battle. Jezzus, Bad enoguh the MC only playing is MC role in the last 10 mins, we dont even have a battle to enjoy.

Alreaady predicting the feather stuff, but not the celia winning.

(no romantic ending, less 1 point)
Dec 1, 2015 11:18 AM

Apr 2009
Looks like they ran out of ideas and script on the match and replaced it with a music.

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2015 7:32 PM

Nov 2014
Plinius said:
Why the fuck would they skip the whole battle. Jezzus, Bad enoguh the MC only playing is MC role in the last 10 mins, we dont even have a battle to enjoy.

Alreaady predicting the feather stuff, but not the celia winning.

(no romantic ending, less 1 point)
hah... in the whole anime, the MC wasn't really a MC... Besides everyone asking for him to be their squire, I don't really see any MC-ness at all... He's just trolling everyone lol
Mar 3, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
Wow Celia actually won, didn't expect that but I like how it ended. Bertille was actually the best character in that show, she was the most entertaining one. MC was one of the worst I've seen so far though... 5/10
Mar 9, 2016 8:46 PM
Oct 2014
Just by the lineup and what we knew about the girls, the winners of all the matches were predictable. In fact, all you need to know are the following two facts:

1. Akane had to face Celia.
2. Mio and Celia had to face each other in the final match.

This pretty much guaranteed the winners of all the matches until the final.

Even Mireille walking again was predictable, since the show had already set up the theme that the girls would each gain something even in losing. Noelle was doing it all for her little sister, so if you assume that Noelle had to lose, then you start wondering what she could gain by that loss, and then it becomes obvious.

Still, I actually liked the predictability. It wasn't so much a "gee, I never saw THAT coming" so much as a feeling that all your expectations came true and everything is right with the universe. And Mireille walking was my favorite scene in the show.

And I like how the tournament did not make enemies of the girls. There were only friendly rivalries, and in the end they could all get together for a victory celebration. Very charming.
Apr 8, 2016 8:25 AM

Dec 2014
It was a nice Anime to pass the time. :D

May 19, 2016 6:29 AM

Apr 2009
Even UN-DELAYED couldn't defeat Celia.
She literally stole the show.
Aug 12, 2016 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
Surprised Celia beat Mio - but in the end, glad she did since it would have been far too cliche for Mio to win. Glad Takahiro finally decided to return to being a knight.
Overall, interesting concept/setting for an anime but very mediocre execution. The best parts were by far the few jousting scenes we were given.

Jan 13, 2017 11:43 AM

May 2015
The horses are waiting for me, ( ˘˘з)♬♪ LMAO but girls are chasing me. Time to run!
May 8, 2020 10:10 PM

Jan 2019
Was really hoping for Noel to win the whole tournament and didn’t like Celia being the main star. She had no character development and was rather bland. Noel had something to fight for while blondy was just told get “serious” in the tournament by the lame ass MC which somehow guaranteed her victory. The only reason I’m mad Celia won is because isn’t shown having the spirit of a winner and we never once see her training all we see her do is pout for not being able to spend time with friends. I wanted to like her but I can’t like a character that is bland, overpowered, adds no comedy, and can win at everything she is basically a Mary Sue.
Jan 13, 2021 12:16 AM
Apr 2020
I'm betting for Mio to win, though. It's a shame..

Well I guess it's atleast a fun series to watch. The only charm of this anime is the sister's bond for me, especially on thrle ep 11. The rest is just average. 7/10 overall for this
Jul 2, 2021 8:16 AM
Jul 2021
Always willing to watch women in armor and Akane's Samurai style one made me horse riding my chair and shouting 勇敢に戦う !
Jousting/armored girls scenes +
MC's overdragged indecisiveness -

Slow pace - check
Rivals bonding and leisure time - check
Perverted horse "skirt chaser" Sakura - check
MC getting cheek slaped more than once - check
Lots of Teddie Bear Roosvelts and flowers - check
Girls with all the rainbow hair collors - check
Many broken statue shots and a eye watering miracle - check
"Scream" like painting "added touch" to the "Knight And The Goddess" oryginal one - check
MC in Onsen and Women Locker Room "close to bone breaking" moments - check

Overall 7+/10
Jul 27, 2021 1:55 PM

Jan 2021
I wanted Noel to win for the sake of her cute sister. But in the end she got her victory when Mireille overcame her trauma and walked again, so that was the best part. I didn't like seeing stuck in that wheelchair. I guess it was a mental block rather than actual paralysis. I'm glad her arc had a satisfactory ending with her father accepting her jousting again.

I don't get why Celia is so praised. I really can't stand her, how she's worshipped as some goddess. I was really pulling for Mio to win, especially after Takahiro chose to fight with her and gave the speech how with the combined power of his knowledge of tactics and Mio's natural prowess, I thought they could pull it off. She just needed one lucky hit on the feathers to win, and for a minute I thought she had. I guess it's cliche if Mio as the main character won, but it's also kind of the same with Celia winning. They kind of wrote themselves into a corner with hyping Celia up to be so undefeatable. It makes sense she'd win but still, was hoping for a miracle defeat. Instead of the music montage it would've been nice to see their full battle play out. Mio landed some hits so she's clearly skilled, but was Celia just THAT much better, or did she just get off a lucky hit on Mio's feathers? It wasn't quite clear how well matched they were, making the result kind of anticlimactic.

Ended up being a good show due to the jousting. Almost dropped it after the first two episodes but the duel in episode 3 kept me going. Lots of fluff and BS parts around the middle where it lagged, but the last three episodes elevated it. All the main girls found a resolution to their individual plots and I'm glad to see Takahiro choosing to become a knight again. I enjoyed the tournament with the fights the most of all. The silly fanservice parts throughout the rest of the show detracted from what could've been a better sportsmanship anime, but it was still good for the overall message that winning isn't everything, it's important to have fun too. There was one line in an earlier episode from Akane, she just wished to become a little bit better, where everyone else was wishing for victory. I liked that modest attitude. Just focus on improving yourself and in time the victories will come on their own.
Shrimp_TailJul 27, 2021 2:02 PM
Feb 16, 2022 5:46 AM
Oct 2021
I think props are due to the adaptation team, they had a very strong vision for what they wanted this anime to be, but it really isn't apparent until they hit the final stretch. Turns out, that this isn't a harem ecchi after all, but it is a sports-drama anime.

I don't think that it the adaptation team resented moving through all the usual tropes of a school harem ecchi (swimsuits, onsen, festival) but they never really indulged particularly deeply, doing enough to get by but pushing through. In the end, they even refused to have any overt romance. It looked for a long time like the begleiter choice was a proxy for a romantic choice, but by the end they'd drained out all of the romance by making it pale in comparison to what everyone's true passion was - jousting.

Indeed, the final arc would not be out of place in a surprisingly well done cheesy soap opera on TV, with all the cut-aways to the birth of the foal, the dramatic weather shifts and all the different dramatic face-offs.

I also think they deserve credit for having Celia win. Whilst that's exactly what you expect to happen, it's almost certain than in this sort of show there's an upset win, especially with an underdog like Mio. It did seem like an unsatisfying choice to not have the final fight as the end battle, but on reflection, it's yet another bold and brave choice, where they're actively saying to the viewer what they want their story to be about. And that's the stories of each of these characters.

In the end, Takahiro isn't even really the main character any more as much as he is the framing character, through which we see the stories of the whole group. I am not sure I would want to see any more per se, because this sort of drama isn't really my thing, and none of the characters really grabbed me in the end, but this show was a very good implementation of what it wanted to be. For that, I'll err on the higher side of scoring, along with the quality of the horse animation, editing and conviction it takes to take yourself seriously against the odds, when on the package it says harem ecchi about jousting. Who knew!
Mar 27, 8:45 PM

Aug 2014
Walkure Romanze was not bad for a silly anime.

It has this nice chilled-atmosphere to it.

I really like the country-setting.

Nice background music

This anime has very nice graphics.

All the girls are pretty in this anime.

The comedy was enjoyable.

Cant complain

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Honest Opinion

FiddlePie - Nov 17, 2023

3 by OppaiSugoi »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:50 AM

Poll: » Walkure Romanze Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2013

58 by 5hadow17 »»
Nov 14, 2023 11:06 PM

» VN

OppaiSugoi - Nov 12, 2023

4 by OppaiSugoi »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Walkure Romanze Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

67 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 30, 2022 9:19 AM

Poll: » Walkure Romanze Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2013

73 by victualness »»
Feb 14, 2022 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.