Forum Settings
Forums

Discuss tv shows you are currently watching or plan to watch

New
Pages (34) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2013 9:48 AM

Jul 2012
also @ Higashi

have you tried Homeland? (Showtime) Its a drama - extremely well executed and thrilling. Its my most recent addiction. I'm 3 episodes away from totally catching up to season 3 episodes and it is freaking solid. so super glad i picked it up. really.

i did watch lost. although i enjoyed many elements of the show i think it really veered off into lala land over time. the narrative fell apart imo. one could argue its the nature of the characters being on such a whackass island, but i think its far more than that. sort of lost its way towards the end.

just my 2 cents. i wouldn't discourage you following Lost, but it does go astray
Dec 10, 2013 3:07 PM

Dec 2013
Watching the second season of Lilyhammer. It's a show about a former mafioso turned state witness, whose been relocated to Scandinavia. It's bloody brilliant and darkly funny.
Dec 10, 2013 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:

JizzyHitler said:
]Couldnt have been worse than the show's final season

You are still upset over that?
Oh yeah i am, its possibly the worst final season iv seen to any show, the ending is just the icing on the middle finger cake, its only made worse by how much potential season 7 left for it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 10, 2013 4:05 PM

Aug 2013
AnimeHonor said:
BlueKite said:
ona said:
AnimeHonor said:
a true otaku does not watch tv.
it must suck to be a true otaku.

yeah, weeaboo alert

U guys jelly that im a superior race than u?

Yes. Bow down to the almighty otaku
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Dec 10, 2013 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
I have been thinking about watching breaking bad.
Dec 10, 2013 4:09 PM

Aug 2013
TaciNox said:

I just finished the first season. It's actually pretty good, and apparently gets better.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Dec 10, 2013 5:00 PM

Dec 2013
I still have yet to finish catching up to Breaking Bad.
StillSwingin007 said:
TaciNox said:

I just finished the first season. It's actually pretty good, and apparently gets better.

To be completely honest Breaking Bad did not strike me as the revolutionary god send of a series that people were claiming it to be until I got to the third season, where upon it became, quite switfly, my favorite live action show of all time.
AversaJan 10, 2014 1:56 PM
Dec 10, 2013 7:03 PM

Oct 2011
StillSwingin007 said:
AnimeHonor said:
BlueKite said:
ona said:
AnimeHonor said:

yeah, weeaboo alert

Yes let us all bow down because apparently my dedication towards anime and how I utterly honor it is far inferior to his and thus his name AnimeHonor
Dec 10, 2013 7:28 PM

Dec 2013
PC gaming master race >>>>>
Dec 10, 2013 7:46 PM

Apr 2010
Through Hulu I watch Community, South Park, Simpsons and Bob's Burgers.
I also visit the in-laws every so often to use their DVR for American Horror Story, Game of Thrones (when it's on the air) and my guilty pleasure of wrestling.

That's about it.
Dec 10, 2013 7:56 PM

Sep 2013
Currently watching: Breaking Bad season 3, Once Upon A Time season 4, Spartacus season 3, The Tudors season 2.

Planning to watch: Season 4 of GoT when it comes out.
breeze-Dec 20, 2013 11:05 PM
Dec 11, 2013 6:57 AM

Apr 2009
On the last season of the Shield. Great show, and probably my favorite cop drama of all time. Who would have thought Chiklis, who is currently in the shitter acting roles-wise, was so amazing as Victor Mackey in the Shield?

Also watching the latest season of Boardwalk Empire. My favorite season so far, and I'm only on ep 3. Nucky's servant is getting development, Chalkie is a main this season, and I sense my fav character Richard Harrow receiving some awesome development this season. I was also surprised to see mystery novelist Dennis Lehane even helped write ep 2.

I'm watching Shameless(UK) to "liven" up the drama. Since I am experiencing some massive withdrawal from its US-counterpart(My 2nd fav show ever), I decided to pick it up. I don't think it matches up to its US version, but it does excel in some areas better, like Frank is much more enjoyable in the UK version. I love slice-of-life and I love comedy, so it's surprising I can love such a British show despite myself being American. Seriously, UK Shameless is what I call a "British show made for Brits", because of all the British references and slang being thrown around. I have to watch it with subtitles, because for the first 2 eps I still remember thinking:" What in the name of fuck is a gobshite?"

After i finish up Boardwalk Empire and the Shield, it's on to Kurt Sutter's most recent series: Sons of Anarchy :).
MagnumMiraclesDec 11, 2013 7:09 AM
Dec 11, 2013 8:29 AM

Jun 2012
BlueKite said:
StillSwingin007 said:
AnimeHonor said:
BlueKite said:
ona said:
AnimeHonor said:

yeah, weeaboo alert

Yes let us all bow down because apparently my dedication towards anime and how I utterly honor it is far inferior to his and thus his name AnimeHonor

Stop hating on him just because he's better than you.... kids these days.

AnimeHonor I admit defeat for I have committed the sin of picking up Game of Thrones.
Dec 11, 2013 9:13 AM

Feb 2010
mecharobot said:
@Higashi_no_Kaze

Try Romance of the Three Kingdoms (2010 chinese live-action series) or the new Battlestar Galactica. You seem to like politics with huge casts and scifi stuff so one or the other may interest you.

Yeah, I've already gobbled up the new Battlestar Galactica this year (still not sure if I like it even more than Babylon 5 (probably not), but it was awesome in any case. Fabulous cast and themes.). I may need to get over my biasedness for asian television drama in the future because I really like the Three Kingdoms story. Definitely keeping that one in mind for the future, thanks.

daintybiscuit said:
also @ Higashi

have you tried Homeland? (Showtime) Its a drama - extremely well executed and thrilling. Its my most recent addiction. I'm 3 episodes away from totally catching up to season 3 episodes and it is freaking solid. so super glad i picked it up. really.

i did watch lost. although i enjoyed many elements of the show i think it really veered off into lala land over time. the narrative fell apart imo. one could argue its the nature of the characters being on such a whackass island, but i think its far more than that. sort of lost its way towards the end.

just my 2 cents. i wouldn't discourage you following Lost, but it does go astray

Yeah, I've heard that a lot and in general a lot of complaints of the later seasons and the ending. That's why it took me so long to start it. But I mainly care about the 'journey' anyway, the ending and if it turns bad later is none of my immediate concerns when starting a show. I'm mostly worried about the first few episodes sucking me in, because many (acclaimed) series have failed to do so (Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Sopranos etc...). Lost managed to do that so for now I'm stuck with it, if I lose interest in it later on so be it.

saiyansensei said:
Watching the second season of Lilyhammer. It's a show about a former mafioso turned state witness, whose been relocated to Scandinavia. It's bloody brilliant and darkly funny.

That sounds like an awesome setting, totally what I would like. I'm gonna check this one out next I guess.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 11, 2013 9:19 AM

Sep 2011
Mum said:

AnimeHonor I admit defeat for I have committed the sin of picking up Game of Thrones.
You have broken creed 14:8 of AnimeHonor's code of weaboo, you have damned yourself beyond salvation, may god AnimeHonor rest your soul

Not watching anything at the moment, but come january get hype for new boondocks and new archer

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 11, 2013 9:28 AM

Aug 2013
At this point I'm only really following Parks and Recreation, when I remember to check Hulu for new episodes, but I'm really looking forward to the fifth season of Community next month. Community is my favorite series by far, besides The IT Crowd, which I'm also looking forward to the special we're supposedly going to get for that.
Dec 11, 2013 9:39 AM

Feb 2010
napalmface said:
At this point I'm only really following Parks and Recreation, when I remember to check Hulu for new episodes, but I'm really looking forward to the fifth season of Community next month. Community is my favorite series by far, besides The IT Crowd, which I'm also looking forward to the special we're supposedly going to get for that.

The IT Crowd special is already out. Or is there ANOTHER one coming? I'd love it, but I kinda doubt it.
Mr7Beans said:
I just started watching ' Almost Human ', it seems ok.

Yeah, I'm enjoying that one too so far. Nothing too special, but the chemistry between the main character actors is good and it's the kind of setting I really love. Sci-Fi mixed with crimes. It's like a mixture of the first Fringe Season and Psycho-Pass.
AversaJan 10, 2014 1:59 PM
Dec 11, 2013 9:49 AM

Oct 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Mum said:

You have broken creed 14:8 of AnimeHonor's code of weaboo, you have damned yourself beyond salvation, may god AnimeHonor rest your soul

Not watching anything at the moment, but come january get hype for new boondocks and new archer

Or take the black and live the rest of your life in The Wall, deprived of lolis and other erotic material.
Dec 11, 2013 11:55 AM

Apr 2009
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Yeah, I'm enjoying that one too so far. Nothing too special, but the chemistry between the main character actors is good and it's the kind of setting I really love. Sci-Fi mixed with crimes. It's like a mixture of the first Fringe Season and Psycho-Pass.

How is Fringe btw? I've been looking to get into some J.J. Abram dramas, and Fringe looks really unique.

Does it end on a bad note like LOST?
Dec 11, 2013 12:15 PM

Aug 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Mum said:

Wait a new season of boondocks is coming next year? That's a must watch for me.
Dec 11, 2013 12:37 PM

Jul 2012
MagnumBookworm said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

How is Fringe btw? I've been looking to get into some J.J. Abram dramas, and Fringe looks really unique.

Go watch Fringe. Now!!! Easily one of my top shows of the last decade. It ends on a great note ^^ Bittersweet, in a wonderful way
Dec 11, 2013 12:37 PM
Mar 2013
I don't watch TV
Dec 11, 2013 1:08 PM

Feb 2009
A mini series called "Mob City" started last week on TNT. It will be 6 one hour episodes I believe.
Its about the west coast mob and detectives from the 40s.
First 2 eps were pretty good, if you like the L.A. Noire setting give it a look.
Dec 11, 2013 1:46 PM

Dec 2008
I've been relentlessly badgered to watch Sons of Anarchy and Masters of Sex. I might give them a shot after I've finished watching Boardwalk Empire season 4.
Dec 11, 2013 1:53 PM

Jul 2013
currently watching: supernatural, vampire diaries, game of thrones, torchwood and lost.

plan to watch: arrow, under the dome, once upon a time
Dec 11, 2013 2:36 PM

Apr 2009
daintybiscuit said:

Go watch Fringe. Now!!! Easily one of my top shows of the last decade. It ends on a great note ^^ Bittersweet, in a wonderful way

I'll add it to my PTW then.

Can't watch it anytime soon though. Still have to get through Hannibal, Sherlock, and Mad Men.
Dec 11, 2013 2:51 PM

Nov 2012
MagnumBookworm said:
Still have to get through Hannibal, Sherlock, and Mad Men.
Way to binge on quality entertainment.
Dec 11, 2013 3:24 PM

Apr 2009
I know :).

I'm, especially looking forward to Sherlock :). I can't believe I've waited till now to watch it. I've already seen the Pilot of Mad Men, but I also watched it with Boardwalk Empire's Pilot to determine which I wanted ot watch first, and BE won out.

Nonetheless I enjoyed Mad Men's Pilot, and i can't wait to get back to the series :).
Dec 11, 2013 3:32 PM

Nov 2012
Your timing for Sherlock is perfect actually, the new season is airing soon. Can't wait.

I guess if I compared the two pilots, I'd go with BE too. The main plot and setting alone makes it "cooler". Mad Men on the other hand pulls you in slowly and builds up so perfectly, that evil beast.
Dec 11, 2013 3:32 PM

Feb 2010
daintybiscuit said:
MagnumBookworm said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Fringe was pretty good, but not in my top shows of the decade for me. It's definitely addictive and full of plot twists that are really awesome, but like Lost it's just a bit much and therefore has this air of predictable unpredictability surrounding it, if you can follow me. In terms of momentarily enjoyment it ranks high, but I just can't put it on the same level as The Wire, Battlestar Galactica or Breaking Bad, in terms of critical acclaim.

e: Yeah, you should probably watch Sherlock now. I did 10 days ago and I'm glad I waited this long because now the wait for season 3 isn't killing me. I really enjoyed the first two seasons, I just wish there were episodes per season.
Dec 11, 2013 3:35 PM

Jun 2012
I loved the second season of Sherlock in it's entirety, the first didn't really do it for me, high hopes for the third.
parvanubis said:
plan to watch: under the dome

I'd recommend the novel over the show, Stephen King is a literary genius.

JizzyHitler said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Last Dexter novel was a bummer so I'm a bit burnt out with this american trash.
I've watched pretty much all of the insanely popular non-sitcom shows but I'm not gonna bother mentioning any since everyone else is.
Couldnt have been worse than the show's final season

It wasn't, but the only part of the show that is really comparable to the Novels is the first season. All of the antagonists beyond Brian were made specifically for the show, and he's more of an anti-hero in the novels.
OchimushaDec 11, 2013 3:39 PM
Dec 11, 2013 3:36 PM

Nov 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Fringe was pretty good, but not in my top shows of the decade for me. It's definitely addictive and full of plot twists that are really awesome, but like Lost it's just a bit much and therefore has this air of predictable unpredictability surrounding it, if you can follow me. In terms of momentarily enjoyment it ranks high, but I just can't put it on the same level as The Wire, Battlestar Galactica or Breaking Bad, in terms of critical acclaim.
Agreed 100%. It's damn good fun, but nothing more.

#postcount
Dec 11, 2013 4:35 PM

Jul 2012
i loved battlestar, even though i felt it dragged us around a lot. not sure how to put it... i felt like it really wandered from its initial vision. i don't expect shows (especially really good ones!) to be predictable at all, but toward the end of Battlestar I was worn out with plot twists i no longer felt were intriguing

but i still really liked it. ha!

edit: Fringe did suffer from some of the same problems in their last season, but i thought they pulled the end together really well
Dec 11, 2013 7:17 PM

Jun 2008
Currently watching:
Under The Dome - Season 1. Only 4 episodes in and hooked already. Finally something original. Always enjoy a good Stephen King adaptation.
Cape Wrath AKA Meadowlands: A bizarre show starring David Morrissey; can't help but love it!
Homeland - Season 3. First season was great, but it's becoming quite boring.
The Walking Dead - Season 4. They just killed off my favourite character and not even in a proper manner, so I'm pissed off.
Face Off - Season 4. Only reality I like - they make some really amazing stuff.
The Following - Waiting for the 2nd season. I want it now!
American Horror Story: Coven - Starting it in a couple of weeks.

On-hold: Dexter, Game Of Thrones.

In my plan to watch list, the high priority shows are:
Justified
Deadwood
Californication
The Tudors
Hostages
Grimm
Dracula
Camelot
Eleventh Hour
Revolution
Almost Human
Intelligence
and several other older and less-known series.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Dec 11, 2013 7:26 PM

Sep 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
JizzyHitler said:
Mum said:

Wait a new season of boondocks is coming next year? That's a must watch for me.
January 2014, its finally happening, hard to believe its been about 3 and a half years since a single new episode has been made

YorozuyaGinSan said:
I heard something really sweet sounding is that brian

Which honestly sounds pretty great, i hear that dexter the novel series was much darker just in the sense that it really doesnt have any hope spots or even focus on dexter becoming more human

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 11, 2013 7:30 PM

Dec 2013
I'm currently watching American Horror Story: Coven and about to start Hannibal.
Dec 12, 2013 8:13 PM

Sep 2012
Breaking Bad and Misfits. Waiting for GoT S4 and Ray Donovan S2.
Dec 12, 2013 8:24 PM

Dec 2009
The Vampire Diaries and The Walking Dead, I'm not really planning to watch others for now.
Dec 12, 2013 8:54 PM

Apr 2013
The Big Bang Theory Season 7. Love this show so much. Way better than Modern Family.

2 Broke Girls - The sex jokes here are too much. I love it.

Criminal Minds - I'm very interested in serial killers. Plus the cast ensemble is pretty good. Although the ensemble they have with Paget Brewster was the best.

Arrow - Season 2 is even better than the first. Grant Gustin as Barry Allen is amazing. I can definitely see his chemistry with Felicity.

Revenge - I'm watching this with my mom. Emily VanCamp is <3 plus she's very good in her role. And plus the plot of her destroying people's lives is fun to watch.

Dec 12, 2013 10:07 PM
Dec 2013
the walking dead and sleepy hollow
Dec 13, 2013 1:48 AM

Dec 2013
I like Supernatural alot :3 I am on season 9.
Dec 13, 2013 1:52 AM

Dec 2012
Aside from How I Met Your Mother, I haven't really watched tv in the past couple years if it wasn't sports related. However, I just started watching Awkward on MTV. I think it's because I just checked in to look at the MC because I think she is really cute but then I started watching it....and actually liked it! :O

That's the only thing I watch though.
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Dec 13, 2013 2:07 AM

Jun 2011
I usually watch cartoons. When I still had cable, I watched Gravity Falls and Regular Show. I could never get into tv series though. It never really caught my interest.
Dec 13, 2013 2:42 AM

Nov 2012
Can't wait for the second season of Gravity Falls. I remember it was supposed to air in January/February, but now it says TBA. D:
Dec 13, 2013 2:44 AM

Nov 2013
Season 6 of SoA
Dec 19, 2013 2:40 PM

Apr 2009
Half way done with the Shield's final season.
Dec 21, 2013 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
Once upon a time. :3
Dec 21, 2013 11:22 PM

Jan 2013
Game Of Thrones season 4, I cannot wait.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Dec 22, 2013 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
the latest the mentalist season and hannibal and currently watching TWD
Dec 22, 2013 10:10 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, Boardwalk Empire season 4 is soooooo good. My 2nd favorite currently airing show atm.

And Nelson is getting cool again, even if he is stealing Richard's time.
MagnumMiraclesDec 26, 2013 12:50 PM
Pages (34) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
33 minutes ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
2 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7584 by NiaAlexandria »»
2 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.