Forum Settings
Forums

Third Anime Season of 'Uta no Prince-sama' Announced for 2015

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 2, 2013 11:47 AM

Aug 2011
Haya_Yandere said:
Roloko said:
As long as UtaPri is getting 20+ k per volume and CD sales they will keep coming out with new seasons and OVAs and whatnot. Also this is probably one of the most successful Otome VNs in Japan (if thats wrong please tell me)

I don't know about its success compared to non–harem VNs, but UtaPri is up there with Hakuouki and Amnesia as the most popular and milked otome franchises. Though, from what I noticed, UtaPri has more fan works compared to those two.

I personally can't wait for season 3 and also to see if it will get 3000% more gay they upped it in season 2 totally. UtaPri is totally my guilty pleasure and I loving that its coming back casue more Cecil and Otoya. xD

One of the complaints that I heard about the game sequels, which seem to have a different writer than tbe original game, is the homosexual overtones between the supposedly straight guys. This trend also seems to be present in Broccoli's most recent game, Kami no Asobi, which is by the same writer as the sequels and spinoffs.

It's not so much the homosexual undertones as it is the fact that the friendship between the guys in the sequels are getting so stressed that it's like they completely forget Haruka exists. Like I mean, if I wanted to play a BL VN I'd play it, but UtaPri was supposed to be an otoge, and yet, in every route, they focus more on the relationships between the guys than the actual otoge aspect. I love the friendship between the guys but there's not much development between Haruka and the guys anymore, so it's kind of disappointing.
Dec 2, 2013 12:06 PM

Feb 2010
thank you, crazy fangirls, for making company profit. more bishounen are always welcomed. ;3

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Dec 2, 2013 1:21 PM

Mar 2008
ihateeveryone said:
You know how many shows and genres are aimed specifically for women?

Shoujo and josei.

You know how many of those have a shot at selling well?

Shoujo.

And you know which ones usually are also pretty objectifying and sexist towards women despite being aimed towards them?

Shoujo.

There are a ton, a TON of male oriented shows that get second, third, fourth, and fifth seasons (Ikkitousen) and that sell extremely well in general. Here we happen to have one otome game adaption aimed at women that happens to sell and be successful and suddenly it's a travesty.

UtaPri getting a third season does not prevent your beloved ecchi harem desu~ crap from getting more seasons, so why are you mad at it? Blame the companies that won't make second seasons of your favorite shit, blame the publishers who won't greenlight it. Why blame a show that has nothing to do with it just because you don't like who its aimed at and because it has lots of seasons? That's silly.

Shoujo doesn't have to be about reverse harems though.
I'd rather not have ANY kind of harems anymore ._.
Also, the tragedy for me lies not within guys whining about this, but more of women being so supportive of those type of (sexist) anime.

I do give UtaPri some credit because I was able to finish the first season, unlike Amnesia or Diabolik Lovers (those were beyond horrible).. but I still didn't like it much. None of the characters stood out to me, the storyline was so forgettable and the boys weren't interesting. The female character was also tedious
Dec 2, 2013 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
precious said:

I do give UtaPri some credit because I was able to finish the first season, unlike Amnesia or Diabolik Lovers (those were beyond horrible).. but I still didn't like it much. None of the characters stood out to me, the storyline was so forgettable and the boys weren't interesting. The female character was also tedious

To be fair, VN anime adaptions (and game anime adaptions in general) don't usually turn out decent. The only ones that people regard highly are Clannad and Higurashi. The difference beween playing the game and watching the anime is that in the game you experience the story and piece it together through the different routes and POVs, in the anime, however, the writers cram all these POVs into a 13/24 episodes, and the story turns out disjointed and the ending unsatisfying.

In the case of otome game anime adaptions, I think they should just pick the route with the most story content like they did in Hakuouki. The stories in otome games are mainly love stories, and it's frusrating watching a romance anime with no conclusion regarding who the protagonist likes.

This trend of the anime producers not picking a route had unfortunately spread to my favorite otome game, Hanayaka Nari, Waga Ichizoku. For someone who immensely enjoyed the game's story and characters, it saddens me that people who watched the anime thought of it as only ”ok”, and due to the low episode count they didn't get to fully experience the characters like those who played the game did. On the bright side, it wasn't as badly received as Amnesia or Diabolik Lovers and people thought it could've used more episodes.
removed-userDec 3, 2013 11:37 AM
Dec 3, 2013 12:36 AM

Sep 2011
I think Uta no Prince Sama was the only good otome anime adaptation I've ever seen so far but it doesn't mean that I'm a big fan of it :D
Dec 3, 2013 3:05 AM
May 2013
So long!? D: Well, it will be a new season atleast~
Pandora hearts broke my heart
Dec 3, 2013 4:53 AM

Sep 2012
Announced well over one year in advance lol
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 6, 2013 6:35 AM
Nov 2013
Fix her eye then let her choose someone
Dec 8, 2013 2:51 PM
May 2013
Yay ! ~ :DD
Dec 11, 2013 5:20 PM

Dec 2011
SliceofHorror said:
Oh wow a third season. I'll probably end up watching this anyway.

haha lets do this!
Dec 12, 2013 2:15 AM
May 2013
SUGGOOOOOIII :DDD
Dec 12, 2013 5:45 PM

Feb 2011
phoenixalia said:
KurizenT said:
Can't believe that this show is popular.

One person's garbage is another person's treasure.

This. Well it's up to a person taste i guess

TheNaturalPerm said:
<--- is not a girl and therefore doesen't care

To be honest i can't be the only male who loves UtaPri series. I pretty sure there are both male and female fans out there who love this series.

Anyway, 2015 huh? Even though i can wait for the anime to be released. But I can't wait to hear their songs!
Dec 12, 2013 10:08 PM
Dec 2010
ihateeveryone said:

Shoujo and josei.

Shoujo.

And you know which ones usually are also pretty objectifying and sexist towards women despite being aimed towards them?

Shoujo.

There are a ton, a TON of male oriented shows that get second, third, fourth, and fifth seasons (Ikkitousen) and that sell extremely well in general. Here we happen to have one otome game adaption aimed at women that happens to sell and be successful and suddenly it's a travesty.

You are behind the curve, the biggest titles in recent years that's aimed at women have been Gintama, Kuroko no Basket, Tiger and Bunny, Mag,i Hetalia, Attack on Titan, Durarara..... I would rather see a second season of Durarara or Tiger and Bunny than a 3rd season of this, but yeah a 3rd season of Utapri will certainly make money so whatever.
Dec 15, 2013 4:04 PM

Jul 2013
Not so much fond of the main heroine, but I always looked forward to the music and leading males (especially Otoya and Ichinose. :3). Wish I could play the Otome Game, but I have no money, let alone, know Japanese.

Will be really looking forward to this! <3
Dec 15, 2013 8:21 PM

May 2013
scytheavatar said:
ihateeveryone said:

Shoujo and josei.

Shoujo.

Shoujo.

You are behind the curve, the biggest titles in recent years that's aimed at women have been Gintama, Kuroko no Basket, Tiger and Bunny, Mag,i Hetalia, Attack on Titan, Durarara..... I would rather see a second season of Durarara or Tiger and Bunny than a 3rd season of this, but yeah a 3rd season of Utapri will certainly make money so whatever.

Pretty much all of those weren't even aimed at women, women just liked them..

Either way, her point still stands.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Dec 16, 2013 4:00 PM

Oct 2009
Great news! More earworm and bishounen! I hope there'll be less Haruka but I doubt that's ever happening...>.>
Dec 20, 2013 5:19 PM
Mar 2012
Omg I actually just started tearing up when I hear the news.
Dec 20, 2013 7:23 PM
Dec 2013
2015? Left one month to 2014, then still need to wait 1 year till 2015. Damn that time, so slow
Dec 22, 2013 12:34 AM

Jan 2013
aaaaaaaaaaaa godness cant believe it will have 3rd season fot utapri <3 im looking forward for this! ikemen paradise!!!!!!!! >o<
Dec 22, 2013 9:27 AM

Mar 2013
2015 sounds so far away even though it isn't really.
Dec 22, 2013 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
Was expected.. Bad anime that sell's always get multiple seasons.
Dec 25, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
SUGOi! another season of singing bishonens. I hope this time Haruka will choose among the guys in her harem, but the good thing is.. MORE TOKIYA ANF ITTOKI! <3 more comedy and cheesy moments and more songs! I really do love the songs last season and in the 1st season. Can't wait! I'm really excited with this!
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Dec 26, 2013 12:15 AM

Dec 2007
Ezenemy said:
Was expected.. Bad anime that sell's always get multiple seasons.

Butthurt people will always be butthurt
Jan 3, 2014 11:48 AM
Jan 2014
Everyone has their own opinion so there is mine:
its true that in 2000% was much fan service for fangirls who like bl ,end its not unexpecting bacause its selling ( see so many yaoi doujinshi with paring boy x boy or fanart on internet) point for the anime , in japan they have different point of view end yaoi started in japan end spread on world.We wil wait and see what they come up with in 3rd season hope to see more story less bullshit :D

sorry for my English //^^//
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
47 minutes ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.