Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Berserk' to Resume After a New Short Manga of Six Chapters

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 7, 2013 10:02 AM

Mar 2009
Finally :) Im not the kind that is happy by waiting...
Nyah, no ,Nyah ~
Nov 7, 2013 11:28 AM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:

But it will happen.With that pace it will happen.And just because it will be a bad ending it doesnt mean it will be bad story wise.

You can speculate, but neither of us know what will happen. He might even pass the manga on to someone else, like with Guin Saga. Who knows..
And a good conclusion is an essential part of any story. So yes, a bad ending is a terrible thing story wise.
Just to give you an example, what is the most memorable thing about Romeo and Juliet?
HatulNov 7, 2013 11:33 AM
Nov 7, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL said:
ssjokg said:

But it will happen.With that pace it will happen.And just because it will be a bad ending it doesnt mean it will be bad story wise.

You can speculate, but neither of us know what will happen. He might even pass the manga on to someone else, like with Guin Saga. Who knows..
And a good conclusion is an essential part of any story. So yes, a bad ending is a terrible thing story wise.
Just to give you an example, what is the most memorable thing about Romeo and Juliet?

They die?And a Happy ending isnt always the only type of good ending.
Nov 7, 2013 12:02 PM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:
HATUL said:
ssjokg said:

And when do they die? In the ending.. And you missed the point. Whether the ending will be happy or sad is not the subject (though a happy ending would seem silly in Berserk, obviously). The subject is whether or not it will leave anything open and render things pointless and if it would just come out of nowhere. Which I would mind very much and you wouldn't mind for some reason..
Nov 7, 2013 12:11 PM

Aug 2009
HATUL said:
ssjokg said:
HATUL said:
ssjokg said:

And when do they die? In the ending.. And you missed the point. Whether the ending will be happy or sad is not the subject (though a happy ending would seem silly in Berserk, obviously). The subject is whether or not it will leave anything open and render things pointless and if it would just come out of nowhere. Which I would mind very much and you wouldn't mind for some reason..

Yeah makes sense.Because instead of focusing on the story it is better to go around with pointless enemies like the last arcs we had which contributed a lot to the main plot.Because Guts' "realization" couldnt happen without all that shit right?.
If he stops that shit then he wont need 200 chapters to end it.
ssjokgNov 7, 2013 12:14 PM
Nov 8, 2013 1:39 AM

Oct 2007
What are you talking about? There's plenty to do. We have to see the full glory of Falconia, learn how it works, discover its dark secrets. There's Caska and her brain damage, there should be something else at Elfhelm too. Remember about the Godhand, we still don't know much about them.
Calm down and think about it rationally. Berserk should last easily 100+ chapters more for it to not be disappointing in the end. There's no way to end it well in like 30 chapters.

But first, we have to get off the god damn boat.
Nov 8, 2013 1:52 AM

Aug 2009
Progeusz said:
What are you talking about? There's plenty to do. We have to see the full glory of Falconia, learn how it works, discover its dark secrets. There's Caska and her brain damage, there should be something else at Elfhelm too. Remember about the Godhand, we still don't know much about them.
Calm down and think about it rationally. Berserk should last easily 100+ chapters more for it to not be disappointing in the end. There's no way to end it well in like 30 chapters.

Exactly that and it isnt just one or two chapters but entire arcs.
Did we need two volumes of random fights so that Guts can realize that Casca being cured may not be what she wants or that Schierke and Farnese care about him?
Why not just focus on the main plot(since long ago)?
This isnt One Piece where every new island has some new mystery which is part of Luffy's grand adventure.
ssjokgNov 8, 2013 9:32 PM
Nov 8, 2013 10:10 AM
Dec 2012
Progeusz said:

The only way I can see it ending in our lifetimes is if Miura outsources the manga to someone else.
Nov 13, 2013 6:37 PM
Oct 2012
I am definitely eager for Berserk more than anything, but his new series looks interesting.
I'll definitely read it.
Nov 17, 2013 8:47 AM
Nov 2013
i am working on a Berserk project, but not the mangga. Miura san is a busy person, the mangga is not the only thing in his life. believe me, it takes a lot of time to make his artwork, just look at the details and the quality of the art. just be patient. i did not even know about Berserk until I got myself involved in this project some months before. I was addicted and I am waiting just like everybody.
Nov 17, 2013 11:29 AM

Jul 2010
mangaUncle said:
i am working on a Berserk project, but not the mangga. Miura san is a busy person, the mangga is not the only thing in his life. believe me, it takes a lot of time to make his artwork, just look at the details and the quality of the art. just be patient. i did not even know about Berserk until I got myself involved in this project some months before. I was addicted and I am waiting just like everybody.

Is it some kind of official project?
Nov 17, 2013 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
Han-yuu said:
mangaUncle said:

It is the "try hard fan" project.
Nov 18, 2013 6:46 AM
Nov 2013
Han-yuu said:
mangaUncle said:

yes, it is. unfortunately, i cannot tell you much about it until maybe 7 more months. i do not usually think about the projects that come in but i was intrigued by the mystery of the characters. i had to know them in one way or the other so i had to do my research.

it was when researching about the behelit and skull knight that i decide that the work is too deep for a wiki article to educate me. so i had to read the manga.
Nov 18, 2013 12:50 PM

Jul 2010
ssjokg said:
Han-yuu said:
mangaUncle said:

It is the "try hard fan" project.

http://i.imgur.com/9x7Frq0.jpg

mangaUncle said:
Han-yuu said:
mangaUncle said:

yes, it is. unfortunately, i cannot tell you much about it until maybe 7 more months. i do not usually think about the projects that come in but i was intrigued by the mystery of the characters. i had to know them in one way or the other so i had to do my research.

it was when researching about the behelit and skull knight that i decide that the work is too deep for a wiki article to educate me. so i had to read the manga.

Well, peoples are interested in the manga or story which can continue in any format than anything else. Let me guess to make happy all these lost souls. "It's a huge collaboration in art and story ideas. 7 months and Miura-sensei will start releasing 1 chapter every 15 days for 10 years straight (include some Biweekly breaks).
Nov 18, 2013 3:27 PM

Apr 2013
*FANGIRLING*
Nov 22, 2013 9:14 AM

Apr 2009
Welll, Gigantomakhia is out and in the mangaka notes typically found at the end of the magazine/TOC Miura said: "It's not like I stopped working on Berserk."

So there you have it from the man himself, this is just a short detour.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 22, 2013 1:12 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Miura pls :(
Nov 26, 2013 3:03 PM

Apr 2010
I'll believe this all when it comes out again. As long as it's somewhat regularly released I'm happy. Better than no Berserk!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

11 by Yubisoft »»
5 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
41 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
8 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.