Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 1, 2013 11:48 PM

May 2013
woah so awesome i have nothing to say hmmm 2 tada banri then where did new tada banri came from?
Nov 2, 2013 4:45 AM

Jul 2013
Nayrael said:
ILoveAnimeGuys said:
Koko was so annoying in this! "Friend" this and "friend" that... Is Tada going to grow tired of her yet? I thought she was doing it to make Mitsuo jealous, but Idk. Maybe she's using Tada to get over her past feelings.

I really hope he goes back to Linda! I like her so much more!

The chance of him ending with Linda is as good as Romeo and Juliet not hooking up together in "Romeo and Juliet" XD For better or worse, this is one of those shows that has its pairing canonized since the start.

I agree. The opening proves that the show will be a predictable romance. It's less likely that he'll end up with Linda, but it'd be nice. I just hope Koko gets her act together.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Nov 2, 2013 5:21 AM

Apr 2013
friend zone detect.
Nov 2, 2013 8:07 AM

Nov 2012
really an episode :3
really curious with the relationship between "real" banri with linda.
damn linda is really cute with long hair :p
and a ghost of banri?! :O what a story :3
gahh... I NEED MORE EPISODE!
Nov 2, 2013 9:24 AM

Mar 2012
Toreno said:
waalex11 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happens but I actually want it to happen, and it seems very possible. I don't know how to say it but its an obvious typical very possible outcome in this type of story with romance.

Guy has amnesia. Has a crush on a girl. But his past real self loves another girl.
So, what I would love that happens is.

One day Tada and Koko become a couple but Koko still isn't giving in for her love on Matsukaze (forgot his name). And maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. --But then the real Tada Banri is back and he pushes Koko away because he loves Linda.

I'd fucking love that! Anyone else?
And he ends up with Linda.

#1 rule in typical romcom anime: Best Girl never wins

Yeah we learn that in anime like shuffle...
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 2, 2013 9:28 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm, I am not sure I am fan of how Koko is overplaying everything, they should have tone down her emotions, this is getting ridiculous (also Banri crying at place of incident and Mitsuo's 'baka baka' reaction). It feels unrealistic.

Other than that, it was fine episode, mainly in time when Tada was alone, with his second consciousness or thinking about Linda, I really wonder what she was to him. But she said tomodachi so I think it's given. But... anyone noticed how Linda separated Koko and Tada when they were applying for the club?

huehue93 said:
maybe linda is the one that ran him over with her bike?

My thoughts from first episode. Though I don't get it why she is trying to be so calm and nice when talking to him. Is she feeling guilty or something?
Mich666Nov 2, 2013 9:47 AM
Nov 2, 2013 11:06 AM

Apr 2013
The part when Kouko was showing off in front Mitsuo was freaking hilarious :)
I like the way they presented Banris memories and his old self as a ghost. Now I really wana know what type of relationship Banri had with Linda and what happened at that bridge.
Nov 2, 2013 11:53 AM

Feb 2010
Friendzone on its full glory. After the 'mirror of friendship' my shipping for TadaXkouko got buried to the ground. Their future romantic relationship is doomed in my point of view. lol

At the moment I just think it"ll be better a TadaXLinda or more plausible at least.

Anyways, very nice episode, looking forward to see more about Tada's past.
FaytzNov 2, 2013 11:56 AM
Nov 2, 2013 12:20 PM

Aug 2010
That friendzone of peace, seriously just ignore the poor guys confession only to bring it up in the most casual way possible later on.

I'm really curious now as to what exactly happened with old Tada and Linda, its pretty clear what they are implying but its always the details that matter.

Full blog post,
Nov 2, 2013 12:39 PM

Nov 2011
Nobody noticed how Kouko's stockings disappear while she was about to say how she rejected Banri xD
Nov 2, 2013 1:00 PM

Dec 2008
Friendzone level Tada Banri
Nov 2, 2013 1:54 PM

Nov 2008
If Linda and Banri were together during high school, it seems to be getting more interconnected. Someone there must have ran over Banri. I have a feeling that it might be Kouko.
Nov 2, 2013 3:14 PM
Apr 2009
I'm disappointed there was no 3po and r2d2 scene. It was hilarious in manga
Nov 2, 2013 8:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
During the flashback I remember Linda saying to Banri outside the hospital she was not allowed to see him, but she did come visit him outside the hospital at least. Maybe Linda did ran over Banri, and his parents punished Linda for running over him.

Btw Koko was too kawaii this episode, dance scene lol,

Nov 2, 2013 10:53 PM
Jun 2013
I wonder whether the pre-banri watching over post-banri is literal, or just a means of storytelling, will be interesting to find out. Another great episode <3 this series!
Nov 3, 2013 1:16 AM

Apr 2013
friendzoned :x

i know that feel banri, *brofistbump*
Nov 3, 2013 1:58 AM

Mar 2008
Short thoughts on the episode:

- Tada Banri, My friend you have step into into the friend zone. Where leaving is not an option, but running away sure is. Though, I it's not a complete blockade friend zone, since Koko did mention that she wants to sort out her current feelings with her childhood friend. This is not the end for the idea of a love factor between Tada and Koko, it just means that its going to be shelved and will start toi deal a with bigger piece of the story.

- Koko, your a beautifully animated character with a beautiful personality and great smile to go with it along with a Horrible cool mentality.

- Linda, you are too beautiful and kind to hide secrets to an individual that you like and care about. Give a Tada Banri a break? Eh?

- I knew a confession early on didn't feel right and it showed itself why. Well, this will make an interesting turn of events later in the story I guess.

- Old Banri, give new Banri the clues to what Linda overall means to you, before it's too late to churn and change the direction of a moving locomotive.

-
Nov 3, 2013 5:13 AM

Oct 2009
Please let the OP be lies ><!!

Why did Linda cut her hair :/
Nov 3, 2013 5:40 AM

Oct 2009
What was that?? Someone else directed this episode or what? It was so much different from the previous... so bad... and that thing with ghost wth?
Nov 3, 2013 8:32 AM

Aug 2012
pretty interesting, Koko was awesome in this episode. totally love her expression and dat robotic moves when she was dancing XD and she has quite an imagination too, a nun and shepherd? LOL

Linda, gotta say she's more interesting than Koko (at least so far), but the freaking lovey dovey OP told me that the chance for Banri x Linda ending is so small. Both girls are great though..

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 3, 2013 8:48 AM

Oct 2009
Oh man, why Linda, why!
Edit: cleared up confusion by reading previous comment.

Kung-Fu-Jesus said:
I feel like Linda is the one who got screwed over the most for Banri's amnesia.
I mean, imagine having your boyfriend/girlfriend suddenly losing all of their memories of you and your past together then suddenly, right in front of you, they end up with somebody who's younger, wealthier, and better-looking than you. And to make things worse, that person is an underclassman in you club that you have to meet with everyday and yet you can't fault either of them for what happened since it was all just bad luck. Now all she could do is to watch from the sidelines as her lover talks to her like a stranger as she bottles up all her feelings and past memories together.
I hope this is not another kiminozo plot... I'm sucks at painful drama.
Banri even forgot their encounter at the hospital...

So, Banri spirit is really a ghost of his past or is it actually part of his suppressed personality?
Like a two person inside one body?
azzuReNov 3, 2013 8:59 AM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 3, 2013 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
DannyREN said:
Please let the OP be lies ><!!

Why did Linda cut her hair :/
And it was long hair when they met outside the hospital. Probably she tries to get over him after he resolved on cutting ties with everyone in his past which includes Linda :(

Cutting the hair short is one of the symbolism of moving on. That is very sad if they actually dated in the past....

This show will definitely have a controversial plot. I am anxious to see how it will progress.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 3, 2013 10:23 AM

Aug 2009
iLostReason said:
Even though i know Linda won't win, i still want her to.Do your best, Linda!

What a scumbag
Nov 3, 2013 10:41 AM

Jun 2008
just started watching today, and this episode got me thinking what, how, and why Bari, teh friendoned, got into the accident on the bridge and what the reason was.

after getting a little too curious and delving into it, it was nice to know what i thought was the reason was pretty spot on.

He seemed very depressed at the accident after all, or at least you can quickly see it from the body structure in the few shots.

Also i have a few problems with the Kaga character, mainly the obvious psychopath traits she has, and i think many people here are brushing off a little too fast, is kind of sad, because it seems to be rather a a huge part of her personality. And very much interesting as well.

if you go into psychopathic traits you would probably rate Kokou in a 25-30 out of 1-40 psychopath, which is A LOT, no where near American Psycho league but up there enough to know this is the kind of person, who doesn't let someone alone, who wants to be left alone, and takes ownership over someone else, also see themselves as "above" normal humans *hint Chinami*, she also admits to use Bari's sympathy for her own gain. She is delusional, and can not see other people's perspectives in any way, even when thinking she does, she is deluding herself. She is very much shallow and also about looks, as also mentioned, considering herself as looking perfect. Worried about her looks as to how other's see her looks/beauty(yes this is a psychopathic trait, it's called narcissism). She is Rich and use the resources well. Sense of life already planned out. Grandiose.

So yeah, she's kind of batshit crazy, well actually not crazy, just a psychopath.

As much it sounds like i'm hating, i am not, i am very much interested in this Anime, thankfully not too many times they broke the characters, and made them do something, their character really wouldn't have done, like the "baka baka" moment of Yana, at least how the anime had built him up.

again very interesting Anime. :-P
Nov 3, 2013 5:06 PM
Oct 2013
Spartan999 said:
I wish the snake scene wasn't skipped out on, but overall this episode was great.

Is the Linda and Banari scene filler or was that in the light novel?

Nahh..The SNAKE Scene are not yet aired because the snake scene will be in the 7th or 8th episode. The Scene happen after the Banri + Linda flashback.
Nov 3, 2013 5:07 PM
Oct 2013
nentenjels said:
I like how anime shows that part of himself he lost after the fall. In manga it was confusing and rather unclear. Although OP shows that Tada Banri and Koko will end up together, i can`t stop wondering what will happen if he will regain his memory.

True. In the Light Novel and Manga, it doesn't show that scene at the hospital.
Nov 3, 2013 5:28 PM
Oct 2013
I think i could see the final part of the story.
What i think will happen:
Banri will eventually remember about Linda and they become very close again making Banri slowly apart from kouko. Due to this Kouko felt lonely and felt she left behind until she realise how important Banri to her and realize she actually fall in love with her. Then... you know what (usual love triangle ending)
Nov 3, 2013 5:31 PM

Jul 2008
I really liked this episode, except for a few things. The "ghost" Banri felt really stupid and pointless. I hope there isn't some sort of convergence at some point in the series. I feel really bad for Linda too, and I hope they can talk about what happened between them at some point.
Nov 3, 2013 5:34 PM
Oct 2013
Ron_Burgundy said:
just started watching today, and this episode got me thinking what, how, and why Bari, teh friendoned, got into the accident on the bridge and what the reason was.

after getting a little too curious and delving into it, it was nice to know what i thought was the reason was pretty spot on.

He seemed very depressed at the accident after all, or at least you can quickly see it from the body structure in the few shots.

Also i have a few problems with the Kaga character, mainly the obvious psychopath traits she has, and i think many people here are brushing off a little too fast, is kind of sad, because it seems to be rather a a huge part of her personality. And very much interesting as well.

if you go into psychopathic traits you would probably rate Kokou in a 25-30 out of 1-40 psychopath, which is A LOT, no where near American Psycho league but up there enough to know this is the kind of person, who doesn't let someone alone, who wants to be left alone, and takes ownership over someone else, also see themselves as "above" normal humans *hint Chinami*, she also admits to use Bari's sympathy for her own gain. She is delusional, and can not see other people's perspectives in any way, even when thinking she does, she is deluding herself. She is very much shallow and also about looks, as also mentioned, considering herself as looking perfect. Worried about her looks as to how other's see her looks/beauty(yes this is a psychopathic trait, it's called narcissism). She is Rich and use the resources well. Sense of life already planned out. Grandiose.

So yeah, she's kind of batshit crazy, well actually not crazy, just a psychopath.

As much it sounds like i'm hating, i am not, i am very much interested in this Anime, thankfully not too many times they broke the characters, and made them do something, their character really wouldn't have done, like the "baka baka" moment of Yana, at least how the anime had built him up.

again very interesting Anime. :-P

The way Kouko/Kaga act is actually normal as i have MEET someone who like her. Friendzone guy just for her own benefit and because she focus too much on one guy for too long she never felt being cared and loved so she friendzone Banri.

I know this because i read the light novel and manga.
Nov 3, 2013 5:37 PM
Oct 2013
hasyly said:
What was that?? Someone else directed this episode or what? It was so much different from the previous... so bad... and that thing with ghost wth?

Well, the director change by putting in the ghost to make it more interesting. But, in the light novel the ghost of the past Banri does exist.
Nov 3, 2013 5:45 PM
Oct 2013
sepirroth said:
I'm disappointed there was no 3po and r2d2 scene. It was hilarious in manga

That scene would be in the episode 7 or 8th. this is because it happen after the flashback between Banri + Linda and The Scene where Kouko show the snake bite. And the scene where Banri wore his old class T-Shirt and shoes + Linda ..
Nov 3, 2013 5:57 PM
Oct 2013
GarLogan78 said:
I really liked this episode, except for a few things. The "ghost" Banri felt really stupid and pointless. I hope there isn't some sort of convergence at some point in the series. I feel really bad for Linda too, and I hope they can talk about what happened between them at some point.

How is it stupid and pointless. It actually tell the story.
Nov 3, 2013 6:12 PM

Nov 2012
Welp, i guess it was too good to be true. This series is obviously going downhill from now on.
The whole "ghost" thing seems pretty ridiculous to me.
Nov 3, 2013 6:32 PM

Jul 2008
Natsurito said:
GarLogan78 said:

I just personally didn't like it. It feels supernatural when I thought the series would be more grounded. Also, I thought based on Banri and Kaga's conversation after they escaped the cult that one of the ways that Banri's character can develop will be learning to accept his "new" self and learning to leave the past behind and be his own person. But now there is a ghost/spirit/lost memories thing watching him and following him around tying him to the past. I don't like it.
Nov 3, 2013 6:56 PM
Oct 2013
GarLogan78 said:
Natsurito said:
GarLogan78 said:

I just personally didn't like it. It feels supernatural when I thought the series would be more grounded. Also, I thought based on Banri and Kaga's conversation after they escaped the cult that one of the ways that Banri's character can develop will be learning to accept his "new" self and learning to leave the past behind and be his own person. But now there is a ghost/spirit/lost memories thing watching him and following him around tying him to the past. I don't like it.

Yeah i also had the same opinion on the cult thing. But in my opinion, it doesn't feel supernatural because i think the author and director wanted to tell the story of Who is the OLD Tada Bandri and what is his relationship with Linda. They use The 'OLD bandri' ghost to tell the story so that it doesn't seem to be a sudden flashback and showing us that the New Bandri didn't know what happen in his past. Well of course, it looked weird but it tell the story that the important part.
Nov 3, 2013 8:20 PM

Jul 2008
Natsurito said:
GarLogan78 said:
Natsurito said:
GarLogan78 said:

Yeah i also had the same opinion on the cult thing. But in my opinion, it doesn't feel supernatural because i think the author and director wanted to tell the story of Who is the OLD Tada Bandri and what is his relationship with Linda. They use The 'OLD bandri' ghost to tell the story so that it doesn't seem to be a sudden flashback and showing us that the New Bandri didn't know what happen in his past. Well of course, it looked weird but it tell the story that the important part.

I think they could have done it well without the ghost Banri. They could just have him talk to Linda at some point, which is probably what will happen anyway.
Nov 4, 2013 3:21 AM

Sep 2011
My guess is:

Linda was Tada Banri's lover and probably the reason why he was standing on the bridge. I'm guessing they had problems like breaking up or going to different universities. She couldn't visit him in the hospital because she feels responsible for Banri's accident. When they met again in the university, she didn't tell him about their past because Banri did say that he wanted to be free from his ties.

I don't think Linda ran over Banri.
pew pew pew
Nov 4, 2013 3:48 AM

Apr 2009
I'd like to think that maybe Koko is just a wreck right now because of the Mitsuo rejection and that she's going to find something worthwhile to be passionate about other than planning future marriages before she ends the friendzoning Banri.
Nov 4, 2013 5:32 AM

Nov 2012
Koko is tough not breaking down completely from Mitsuo's rejection. She has those moments where she doesn't know what to do, but judging from the fact that she just got rejected hard by her childhood love - She's doing alright :)

I enjoyed this episode, and love the ending. Can't wait for Ep 6.

"Climb the mountain not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world."
Nov 4, 2013 12:09 PM

Jun 2008
Natsurito said:

The way Kouko/Kaga act is actually normal as i have MEET someone who like her. Friendzone guy just for her own benefit and because she focus too much on one guy for too long she never felt being cared and loved so she friendzone Banri.

I know this because i read the light novel and manga.

She might seem normal to you but if you have checked psychopathic traits, would know she would have a lot of them.

Also there are many traits a "normal" person today has, like 6-10 out of 40, thanks to how shallow and narcissistic our society has become, to be a truly empathic person you only have 1-5 points in the psychopath test, and it could be any of those 40, so one person might have 4 of certain and another having 4 traits, could have 4 completely different traits.

Also makes it easy for anyone to spot one with certain traits easier and possible avoid an awful relationship.*hint hint Tada Banri!!* xD

Her Rage "explosions", are good points to use here, it's how you deal with a rather tough situation, and she really goes on the rampage of being mean, you can say "sorry" afterwards but doesn't make it "okay", the fact she does it numerous times just makes it worse, she hasn't really truly tried understanding it, or otherwise she has, and given herself the excuse "well... because of...", which is worse, it's denial of a situation.

to make a change that's not like you, you have to pro actively think and act about, what you are about to do, for even small things, it's 3 weeks to 3 months before such a change actually manifests itself.

Remember being a psychopath doesn't mean, being a killer. It's more a perspective of how you interact with other beings, if you have or don't have, empathic feelings about others around you, and understanding such feelings, and being able to put yourself in someone else's shoes.

So yeah Koko is not quite normal, she's a highly scored Psychopath, whom i would say is going down a point for each episode, as she come to terms with some of her evil sides, which is good thing and very interesting too, hehe.

fun fact, the less interaction a person has with it's father or father figure, less empathy that person will develop. Yes the father is the bond of empathy and merciful.

inb4 Koko daddy issues. xD

Linda... ah yes Linda, she is what i would scale on a, between 1-5, you will know soon enough, or i might be completely wrong here, haha.

Banri past is also very ironic too, will be interesting to see that past develop more, because right now it's like, "oh dayum!"

Next episode, can't wait!
Nov 4, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2011
joori_Strawberry said:
My guess is:

Linda was Tada Banri's lover and probably the reason why he was standing on the bridge. I'm guessing they had problems like breaking up or going to different universities. She couldn't visit him in the hospital because she feels responsible for Banri's accident. When they met again in the university, she didn't tell him about their past because Banri did say that he wanted to be free from his ties.

My guess is:

Linda and Banri were dating. He cheated on her with another girl. At this point Linda went into yandere mode. She told him to meet on the bridge and she tried to kill him with the scooter. Now she's a total psychopath and watched him from outside the hospital. After a while Linda felt sorry for what she did and now she's trying to approach him again with cautious.

But it will not be long before her yandere mode returns.
Nov 4, 2013 1:23 PM

Jun 2008
ainky said:
joori_Strawberry said:
My guess is:

My guess is:

Linda and Banri were dating. He cheated on her with another girl. At this point Linda went into yandere mode. She told him to meet on the bridge and she tried to kill him with the scooter. Now she's a total psychopath and watched him from outside the hospital. After a while Linda felt sorry for what she did and now she's trying to approach him again with cautious.

hehe nice theory but far from the truth. xD

Linda is the sweet girl next door, might be involved in an accident and feel guilty in it but it's for another reason, bad timing, bad place.

there were 3 pics from his high school that made this rather clear xD
Nov 4, 2013 3:30 PM

Jun 2012
ainky said:
joori_Strawberry said:
My guess is:

My guess is:

^ that must be it.

Anyway, slowly developing. . .

Nov 4, 2013 7:00 PM

Oct 2009
Natsurito said:
ainky said:
joori_Strawberry said:
My guess is:

My guess is:

XD haha

Sorry, this is a major spoiler, guys.

Mod Edit: Spoiler tags added.
rodacNov 4, 2013 8:40 PM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 4, 2013 7:03 PM

Sep 2008
This anime sure likes taking its time.
Nov 4, 2013 8:28 PM

Sep 2012
Gosh people, learn to use spoiler tags.
Anyway I like how they incorporated some supernatural elements into this show. I might pick up the light novel in the future.
Nov 4, 2013 8:44 PM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Just in case you've forgotten.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 4, 2013 11:40 PM

Dec 2010
This series is really growing on me. It's probably one of my favorites of the season. It just needs more Linda! xD
Nov 5, 2013 12:38 AM

Mar 2012
lol @Tada getting Friendzoned xD The whole thing with his original self being a ghost watching over him is pretty interesting.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

311 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.