Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2013 6:21 AM

May 2013
4:00 BITC* trueself

6:00-6:30 Bitc* will remain a Bitc*

12:00 Bitc* that never gives up LOL (is she deaf?)

stupid banri chossing that Bitc* LOL (im happy for you)
but i believe the old original banri which is much better in my opinion will choose linda well i am watching this to see how BITC*Y it can get. GOGOGO KAKA KOKO

love this Bitc*y episode 5/5 >_<
na358999Oct 25, 2013 6:44 AM
Oct 25, 2013 6:33 AM
Dec 2009
Loved this episode!

It's too bad Koko want crazy on Chinami but I guess it was expected seeing as she never really learned how to make friends due to her obsession with Mitsuo.

I'm hoping Banri's influence rubs off on Koko. She's been learning a lot from him since they met. Not to mention Banri seems like one of the most patient characters EVER.

Banri x Koko yay!
Oct 25, 2013 6:37 AM
Oct 2010
tsudecimo said:
Why do people like to make up stuff? the demographic of novels and manga are determined by what magazine they are published in, nothing more nothing less. Your second reason is highly irrelevant.

The manga came out a year after the books started, and the book series was billed from the very start as "seinen". That the manga adaptation got published in Dengeki Bunko is a separate issue, and the anime has been toned down considerably from the original story.

The story is emphatically not "shounen", though the anime masks that quite effectively.
rpapoOct 25, 2013 6:51 AM
Oct 25, 2013 6:40 AM

Sep 2007
Bitching time for our heroine. :)
Oct 25, 2013 6:57 AM
Dec 2012
Not impressive compared to the previous episode. I had wondered whether or not they would delve into the cult thingy, but it seems they overcame it. Perhaps it's a wise move in light of the (so far) light-hearted show. They were lucky. Linda was not a cult member.

I was a bit surprised to see Tada and Yana not paying attention to the class. Looked like a waste of tuition.

I smiled at the obvious NANA reference. That chick surely looked like NANA. Hope Kaga will grow up mentally. She acted like a highschool girl. I know she just entered the college, but still it felt like she was immature for a college student.

Looked like Tada remembered Linda at the end. Curious to see what happens to them in upcoming episodes.
Oct 25, 2013 7:17 AM

Jun 2012
Linda's mine! </3
Oct 25, 2013 7:22 AM

Dec 2012
rpapo said:
tsudecimo said:
Why do people like to make up stuff? the demographic of novels and manga are determined by what magazine they are published in, nothing more nothing less. Your second reason is highly irrelevant.

The manga came out a year after the books started, and the book series was billed from the very start as "seinen". That the manga adaptation got published in Dengeki Bunko is a separate issue, and the anime has been toned down considerably from the original story.

The story is emphatically not "shounen", though the anime masks that quite effectively.

The hell are you talking about?
Oct 25, 2013 7:35 AM

Dec 2012
My guess is Kaga and Tanri ...
deftnessxOct 25, 2013 7:41 AM
Oct 25, 2013 7:41 AM

Dec 2012
In the manga (Major Spoiler)
Oct 25, 2013 7:45 AM

Jul 2010
Koko was annoying at start but I loved when she accepted herself as a Baka.She knows what she is.I think they skipped last part a bit.
I'm suprised, he already confessed his feelings for her ..Now ,when will they start daitng ? ;)
Oct 25, 2013 7:51 AM

Dec 2012
myd10oz said:
Koko was annoying at start but I loved when she accepted herself as a Baka.She knows what she is.I think they skipped last part a bit.
I'm suprised, he already confessed his feelings for her ..Now ,when will they start daitng ? ;)
This is spoiler what will happen
Oct 25, 2013 7:52 AM
Oct 2010
Shinseiryuu said:
GREAT ending. Also, Koko is a bitch and I'm honestly shocked how Banri could fall for her. Looks like there is no room for Linda based on opening song.
I agree...

Just cause Koko realizes she was WAY out of line with Chinami does it makes it ok? She didn't even apologize...

But you know, in the real world there are plenty of people who fall for beauties with hideous personalities, so I'm not too surprised... And to the point, we know Banri was smitten with her looks right from the start...

@deftnessx - Chill it, no need to spam what happens next (even if it's spoiler tagged)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 25, 2013 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
Well that was fast. I didn't expect him to confess to her this early.
Oct 25, 2013 8:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Koko can be a callous b*tch sometimes. She should really apologize to Chinami. That was way out of line.

The confession came out of the blue in this episode, unlike the Linda thing which was pretty obvious since the whole amnesia thing came out.

Good series this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 25, 2013 8:51 AM

May 2010
I love Chinami x Mitsuo, still not fond of Kaga's obsession, but atleast she admits her mistakes infront of Banri. The drama in this anime is so good esp. it's explanation of love-related subjects.

Wait Nana? Nana as in Nana cosplayer of the anime"Nana"? That stage part was so random but funny. Wait, confession all of a sudden... So Linda was Banri's girlfriend... Imagining how hard it must be for Linda to see him with Koko everyday while she can't do anything, I just can't help but ship them...

Another anime which is troubling with my pairing choices, here I am leaning towards Linda x Banri for now, but Koko x Banri is almost as good.
Oct 25, 2013 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
Please don't let Kaga come crawling back to Mitsuo after this episode, it sucks to see Tada's hopes get up for her and then for her to bash her head against the wall trying to get him to notice. I have a feeling they might reconcile though since their meeting ended on a bad note, also it's clear that Mitsuo at least cares a little for Kaga as a friend so if she apologizes he's sure to accept. Also glad that Kaga didn't stay in her whole "I hate everyone and the world" phase and Tada was able to snap her out.

Tada's confession felt so refreshing in the way that it you didn't really expect it and didn't follow after some huge obvious buildup. Now we are waiting for her answer but there's the matter of her feelings for Mitsuo to resolve as well as this discovery of this photo with Tada and Linda in high school. At this point I can't believe this is 24 episodes long at the pace it is moving, but that isn't to say I want the show to pull the brakes, I love the pacing so far but I can't imagine that this show can sustain it for long. It's in the sweet spot for most romance stories right now where the most development is happening, hopefully it can stay there without dragging out the plot too much with needless distractions and misunderstandings that feel so forced and unnatural that they detract from most romances.

Full blog post + screencaps here.
Oct 25, 2013 9:29 AM

Jul 2010
Hate koko so much, rooting for LINDA SENPAI !
Oct 25, 2013 10:26 AM

May 2009
Haha, i knew she would be NANA, as soon as i saw her in the 3rd episode preview :D
Oct 25, 2013 10:49 AM

Jul 2013
NANA made an appearance :o

We got some more character development/feels between Kaga and Banri which is always great <3

And that last scene... I knew Linda had something to do with his past
Oct 25, 2013 11:02 AM

Oct 2013
As soon as I saw the character, I thought of Nana. When she said her name, I started laughing manically as it was such a blatant "easter egg".
The world’s not perfect, but it’s there for us trying the best it can. That’s what makes it so damn beautiful.
Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Oct 25, 2013 11:58 AM

Oct 2008
So he didn't check his yearbook before? Convenient
Oct 25, 2013 12:19 PM

May 2013
Really loving the series when I am not a high romcom
Oct 25, 2013 1:10 PM

Mar 2013
Shit, don't bring me a Banri x Linda vs Banri x Koko, I might die seeing that! D:
Epic confession, though. :3
Oct 25, 2013 2:17 PM

Apr 2010
I wasn't surprised by the cliffhanger especially after the earlier part in the episode where they where walking to the club building with Linda that immediately gave me suspicions about a possible connection.
And it made me think about the previous encounters so seeing the cliffhanger at the end, it all add up and also explains the feelings of Linda towards Banri.
The main question now is what was there previous relation, where they childhood friends where they lovers?
And what will it mean for the situations between Kaga and Banri, really looking forward to next week and find out.
Oct 25, 2013 3:31 PM

Oct 2012
I don't see why Tada is jumping through so many hoops for that girl, she's clearly only interested in the other guy.It was so bitchy when she destroyed that other girl who the other dude liked, but it was kind of funny when she showed how bad she messed up after.
Oct 25, 2013 3:33 PM
May 2013
straggy said:
I'm going to dare to have an opinion on this show again, shock horror, because I am without a doubt dropping it now. I couldn't even finish the episode. Koko makes me sick. Do people honestly like her as a character, especially after that opening scene? What a possessive, vindictive bitch. I hope someone slaps her around the fucking face and gives her a reality check soon, even if I'm definitely not going anywhere near this unromantic "romance" comedy ever again. Literally the worst anime character I've ever seen. Totally unlikeable.

I have to agree 100%, and the fact that Tada doesn't call her out on her shit makes me really dislike his character too. Sucks that the only likeable characters are the ones with supporting roles and by what the opening theme reveals it looks like none of them even have a chance. I think I'll be dropping this show for now...
Oct 25, 2013 3:37 PM

Nov 2008
garretdejiko said:
Even if he did, he doesn't even know Linda until he "met" her in college. He probably thought it is just a girl when he first saw the picture after the amnesia.

The picture doesn't give much meaning until he met Linda in person. Linda even cut her hair to look different.

WikiSonic said:
straggy said:
I'm going to dare to have an opinion on this show again, shock horror, because I am without a doubt dropping it now. I couldn't even finish the episode. Koko makes me sick. Do people honestly like her as a character, especially after that opening scene? What a possessive, vindictive bitch. I hope someone slaps her around the fucking face and gives her a reality check soon, even if I'm definitely not going anywhere near this unromantic "romance" comedy ever again. Literally the worst anime character I've ever seen. Totally unlikeable.

I have to agree 100%, and the fact that Tada doesn't call her out on her shit makes me really dislike his character too. Sucks that the only likeable characters are the ones with supporting roles and by what the opening theme reveals it looks like none of them even have a chance. I think I'll be dropping this show for now...
I disliked Koko to begin with but this is what make this show likeable for me. This will make a room for character development which will make Koko a dynamic character hopefully. These kind of characters are kinda unusual in anime. I like how the author got the balls to make an unlikeable main girl. You guys need to be open minded. xDD
DenjaXOct 25, 2013 3:44 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Oct 25, 2013 3:54 PM

Jun 2008
I can't help but compare this to the LN. The anime is glossing over all the great scenes from the LN. Makes me disappointed because of the cult scene, the Festival Club and Live House really showed a lot of who Koko and Banri are and what what they are both made of. I have to give this series a low mark because of this.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 25, 2013 4:14 PM
Nov 2012
rodac said:
How refreshing it is to see people actually coming out and saying what they feel in episode four, rather than waiting for the last episode of the series. Despite her original fixation on Mitsuo, Koko has a lot of things going for her. This could be the romance of the year...

Yea bro, I feel the same way. I hate it when it drags on too long.

I'm liking this show even more, Nana showing up and confessions abound without dragging on. This is awesome.
Oct 25, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
Shit just got complicated for Tada lol.
Oct 25, 2013 4:44 PM

Jul 2008
Hahah Nana, that is awesome.
Oct 25, 2013 4:47 PM

Nov 2012
I feel as if I should have saw it coming, but didn't...

Can't wait to see what he does next.

"Climb the mountain not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world."
Oct 25, 2013 5:13 PM

Mar 2008
garretdejiko said:

He didn't because he was afraid to dwell into his past self and only got the courage to do so after his conversation with Koko where he confessed his love for her. That's why he had most of his old belongings hidden in a cardboard box in his room.
Oct 25, 2013 6:21 PM

Jun 2013
Another amazing and dramatiic episode!!! :) I ship Koko and Tada so hard! :)
Oct 25, 2013 6:34 PM

May 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Oct 25, 2013 7:31 PM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Oct 25, 2013 7:40 PM

Sep 2012
lol JC staff version of NANA. Everyone making their feelings clear in episode 4 is pretty interesting.
Oct 25, 2013 9:05 PM
Feb 2013
I had some real issues with this episode. I read the novels a while ago but i do remember how much they skipped through in this episode. That doesn't really bother me though, what bothers me is that because of the parts they skipped there was a lack of motivation when
Oct 25, 2013 9:24 PM

Oct 2012
The Linda being an ex-gf seemed kinda obvious, since she appeared a lot of times. And it was odd enough. And awesome Nana reference. :D
Oct 25, 2013 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
Poor Chinami...

Anyway, what the flying fuck? Seriously what the fuck?

Oct 25, 2013 9:57 PM

Mar 2012
LOL that NANA reference. I liked this eps. better than the last one. I'm glad that he clarified.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Oct 25, 2013 10:18 PM

Jul 2012
I like this anime, I really do, but it is so hard to keep liking it if I don't like the main characters. I mean most of your enjoyment comes from the mains, and if they aren't likable then the show isn't likable. I really don't like Kaga, not because of what she pulled this episode (well it's part of it) but because of how possessive she is. "It's all apart of my plan so I must have Mitsuo". It's sick. And Banri ain't no better. He sees her faults but doesn't say shit, and is so passive. Not going to lie though, all most of my dislike comes from me hating beta-type characters. I like his back story though, and that should be interesting.

I know the characters will go through development and become better, and that makes for a really good story and good characters so I'm definitely sticking around, but I just really wanted to rant about that. -_-
Oct 25, 2013 10:46 PM

Nov 2012
Wow,a total 360 with Kouko's personality when she was jealous,yelling and threatening Chinami.Poor Chinami,she didn't deserve that,good thing Mitsuo stood up for her.

Even though Kouko was being a real bitch to Chinami I did feel sorry for her when she started to cry.

Liked that conversion that Kouko and Banri had after she went crazy at that club.Nana,lol.

OMG a Confession!!!(Wasn't expecting one this early on.)

Dat ending,Banri seems have known Linda back in high school.

Interesting pv,I guessing Banri is going to confront his pre-amnesia self next episode.
VanishingKiraOct 25, 2013 10:56 PM
Oct 26, 2013 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
Heh. So I was right -- I knew it was a NANA reference from the preview.

Great ep, but wow... Banri confessed to Koko that soon?
Oct 26, 2013 12:19 AM

Feb 2010
Definitely bad time to confess, good thing he knows what he's doing though.
I can see the drama :D, as expected from the same creator of Toradora.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 26, 2013 12:24 AM
Dec 2012
golden time is amazing
after this ep 10/10 zettai it deserves it
Oct 26, 2013 12:45 AM

Sep 2008
The pacing in this episode seemed a bit off. The plot itself wasn't bad, but it felt poorly executed. The concert scene felt particularly out of place.
This episode get's a 3/5 from me. Nonetheless, I am very much looking forward to the rest of the series.
Oct 26, 2013 1:06 AM

Jun 2013
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. He had met Linda before the accident.
Oct 26, 2013 1:20 AM

Nov 2012
oh what an episode :3
koko get rejected by mitsuo
and banri telling his feeling to koko :/ oh bro :3
and that ending... I really curious with linda :3
Oct 26, 2013 3:04 AM

May 2011
What chapters of which volume did this episode adapt?
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.