Forum Settings
Forums

Yen Press Buys Licenses for Sword Art Online, Accel World and Other Titles

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 1, 2013 8:41 AM

Mar 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Aincrad-Reki-Kawahara/9780316371247

^ I believe that is what you are looking for.

thanks I wasnt sure since no image is available.. but damn 203 days left o.O

guys dont despair there are other sites who still have this light novel available so .. ;) and otherwise you just buy them :P
Oct 1, 2013 9:15 AM

Aug 2010
I'll read the SAO and Accel World novels for sure, and maybe the manga.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Oct 2, 2013 4:40 AM

Aug 2010
The statement about Yen Press asking Baka-Tsuki to remove the fan-translations is not true.
Oct 2, 2013 5:00 AM

Feb 2009
stellarroze said:
The statement about Yen Press asking Baka-Tsuki to remove the fan-translations is not true.
Partially it is. They received a C&D order before for the other licensed series like Bungaku Shoujo and S&W.
It's been their policy ever since to take down anything that has been licensed in English. They took down Hidan no Aria almost immediately even without a C&D order.
Oct 2, 2013 6:48 AM

Dec 2011
Amiluhur said:
I don't mind paying few bucks to read LNs that are actually being translated by professionals from legal publishing company. Because, TBH i often have a hard time reading most light novel fan translations. The intent of these translations often seems to be conveying the intent of the plot (i.e. so that everyone can understand "what happened"), but there's little apparent thought given to either the voice of the author or the voice of the characters. And this is my biggest problem with them, because most fan translators are not "authors"; they act more like "converters" (like hopefully-smarter versions of Google Translate)

I think this is spot on (not saying gorgeous fan translations don't exist). But I wouldn't discount the idea that there are people who prefer the plain, "converted" fan translations over the stylized stuff that some official translations end up being. Especially when a whole bunch of canon material gets altered to sync with the perceived sensibilities of the target audience.

And that's strange, comparing human translators to Google Translate. At the moment, machine translations are on an entirely different level of incomprehensibility.
Oct 2, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2010
I hope some company ends up translating the Baccano LN's- probably Yen Press since they did the Durarara ones, unless I'm mistaken?

Anyways, I might check out Accel World.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 minutes ago

1 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.