Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 17, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
thepath said:
1st episode is better than what I expected. I thought this going to be a crap like brother conflict. I didn't expect it to have S&M

The characters look very handsome. Bitch-chan looks much cuter than what I expected (100x times cuter than the girl from brother conflict)

Hey.. not everyone is cute D:... i really liked brocon XD And yeah.. it's S&M. expect it to get worse if it is similar to the game XD Hope they lessen it a bit..
Bishies. Ikemen. ~! >///< (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻....... (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧......(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Sep 17, 2013 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
Wow...talk about all the guys being pretty much rotten to the core.

Except for the eldest. Forget his name.

Give it a few more episodes to see what it's about but if it keeps up with this "abuse" theme I'm gonna have to give up on it I think.

Like how the clock time defines the episode count.
Sep 17, 2013 7:23 PM

Jan 2013
Well, this is kind of terrible, some vampire guys attemping to rape a girl? wowza.
The new seiyuu is doing a nice job but the guy who says bitch-chan like every 5 seconds is really annoying.
Stop adapting otome games. STOP.
FalcieSep 17, 2013 7:56 PM
Please understand.
Sep 17, 2013 7:32 PM
Jul 2012
I actually liked it. My friend told me about it and I watched it with low standards but it's actually a lot better than I expected. Especially Yui, unlike a certain main from Amnesia, she actually responds, and does things! Wow! I like her design, too

The guys are pretty disrespectful, but I like Shu best, as he hasn't tried to rape her and doesn't seem as rude.

The animation seems kind of awkward.. but the art style I like.

I look forward to the next episode, hopefully it stays as good as it started!
Sep 17, 2013 8:50 PM

Jun 2012
I feel like the only one who isn't a rapist here is Shuu... Maybe Subaru will show a kinder side as he hasn't tried to rape her either.
Sep 17, 2013 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
Cerian said:
It's finally time to find out whether I'm into S&M or not.

Lol i know that feel.

Anywhooo, this was a hit for me. Yui's voice is great, the character designs are interesting, art is beautiful, animation is smooth not to mention a sprinkling of 3-D effects (and in the fist episode)! The plot looks interesting if a bit cliche. Looking forward to this!
*facepalm*
Sep 17, 2013 9:31 PM

Aug 2012
well i obviously liked it lol. (Diabolik Lovers bias)
i had low expectations since it's an otome game anime but it exceeded my expectatons. Yui actually sounded like a normal girl and the animation wasn't terrible
Sep 17, 2013 9:45 PM

Sep 2008
at first i was like "ehh? another Amnesia.. aww let's watch..."
then I was like "WTH!? WHAT AM I WATCHING? AND WHY DO I LIKE IT!?"

so yup.. basically I really don't know why i really like it.. it would be amazing hentai.. I want it to be amazing hentai.. and I'm a giril.. *going to school brainwashed*
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Sep 18, 2013 12:28 AM

Jun 2009
I loved the voice acting, ngl. But the rest was really painful to watch ;_;
I'm still giving it a try though, hope it changes my mind.
Sep 18, 2013 12:48 AM

Jun 2011
I didn't have a lot of expectations from it, but I can say that I actually enjoyed it. Actually enjoy is a pretty strong word, it was just an ok episode so far. I mean, it actually keeps going with the game storyline so far and it kind of happened a lot in only one episode. Compared to the other animes that have a heroine with a few potential boyfriends, this actually was good. Not the S&M part, though.
I was afraid that the heroine will be dumb and couldn't defend herself, but I was wrong. So yeah, I can say that I like the heroine. About the brothers though. Well, I can't say much cause they need to be just how they were in the game. Super psycho idiots. And they are. Which I can't say if it's a good thing or a bad thing. It's a good thing cause in a way it keeps up with the game and it's a bad thing cause... yeah, you already know why.
Last thing I'm gonna say is that I love Yui's voice!
Sep 18, 2013 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
Amarrez said:
TRIGGER WARNING: THE ANIME

That was unintentionally hilarious. Will keep watching.

^ exactly what I thought.

So those vampires sure liked to lick a lot. Made me a little uncomfortable though....
I think the art is okay but it was weird to see Subaru's eyes though his hair,lol.
Sep 18, 2013 2:23 AM

Dec 2009
Lol. I guess you could like this if you don't take it too seriously. I actually somewhat enjoyed this first episode even if nothing really happened except the one dude calling the "Heroine" "Bitch-chan"

But my gawd dem bishies!
Sep 18, 2013 4:28 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm... i'm agreeing with most of the posts here. The voice acting was very good.. 15 minutes is a bit short for my taste but looks like i'll keep watching.
Sep 18, 2013 4:59 AM

Jun 2010
Just too much unintentional comedy for one episode. Lolol

MoonxArtemis said:

I only care about who is that other Lady on the other side of the window. A mystery, love it.

I agree :D Can't wait for the actual plot to be revealed (I guess there is one) and to know why was the girl sent there in the first place.
Sep 18, 2013 5:03 AM
Jan 2013
Oh, how can that happen to Pancake?
Sep 18, 2013 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
Hahaha wow, is this show really PG-13? It felt like it was on the borderline ^_^''
Sep 18, 2013 7:29 AM

Apr 2010
I already strongly dislike half of these characters. But that may be better than feeling nothing at all towards them.
Good job, I guess?
Not sure how the heroine will come to love some of those bastards, though. Except if she's a masochist.
Sep 18, 2013 7:35 AM
Feb 2013
Oh, don't tell me those blood suckers are already devouring Yui.
Sep 18, 2013 7:38 AM

Nov 2008
It was actually the only drama cd i've ever listened to.. And i much preferred it to the anime. It might be because i'm not a fan of shoujo anime in the first place, and as much as i do like production IG, i wasn't a fan of the animation or the way their hair was coloured. I was really surprised to see it was done by IG. ... but i'll prob give it 1 or 2 more episodes chance since i quite like a few of the seiyuus.
Sep 18, 2013 9:02 AM

Apr 2012
I get the feeling they may have bitten off more than they can chew!
Sep 18, 2013 9:21 AM
Mar 2010
KayChan4U said:
I'm going to assume about 90% of the comments here are by people who haven't played the game or haven't read any of the game summaries

The company that makes these games are known for their dark, twisted themes.

It's SUPPOSED to be this way. It's just the type of game it is. Not all otome games are going to be soft and fluffy and happy. This is one where it isn't. Get used to it.

But you can't expect casual fans to know about this. How did they know about Rejet? I KNOW it's supposed to be this way but I find it completely understandable that many people are turned off by this. They probably won't get used to it. That's why so many are dropping it by the first episode.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 18, 2013 9:40 AM

Oct 2008
greebo said:
I get the feeling they may have bitten off more than they can chew!

First, this. Lol

Anyways, I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw this, but it surprised me a bit. I'll keep it going since I've seen far worse otome game-based animes.
Sep 18, 2013 10:16 AM

Sep 2011
well I wanna see what happens

raito's "bitch-chan" is annoying
Sep 18, 2013 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
I originally was not even thinking of watching this, but I took the chance. It's not too bad, love the art and the main chick is pretty damn cute. Well, for 15 minutes, this is a keeper for me... for now, at least. We'll see how this goes.
Sep 18, 2013 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
well , I really like it :)
Everytime when it comes down to vampires I expect great things :)
Sep 18, 2013 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
phoenixalia said:
KayChan4U said:
I'm going to assume about 90% of the comments here are by people who haven't played the game or haven't read any of the game summaries

The company that makes these games are known for their dark, twisted themes.

It's SUPPOSED to be this way. It's just the type of game it is. Not all otome games are going to be soft and fluffy and happy. This is one where it isn't. Get used to it.

But you can't expect casual fans to know about this. How did they know about Rejet? I KNOW it's supposed to be this way but I find it completely understandable that many people are turned off by this. They probably won't get used to it. That's why so many are dropping it by the first episode.

I think what causes all these negative comments and hate towards this anime is because most people assume DIABOLIK LOVERS started off as an Otome Game. I agree that almost all otome game's I know of aren't this extreme, heck they are almost always fluffy typical stuff. What people don't know ( as it's unfortunatly not mentioned much..) is that the Otome Game itself is an adaption of the drama CD's, wich in my opinion, makes a huge difference.

Also to the people who are like: "Omaigodz, what is this SM stuff" "Omaigod, what kind of rape is that" "The licking part was disturbing!" ...
What part of "SADISTIC VAMPIRE" combined with "REVERSED HAREM" don't you understand?

I really dislike people who don't pay attention to these things and then rate the series badly, comment about how much they hated it or write bad reviews.. =_= It's very rude..
Sep 18, 2013 1:43 PM

Aug 2011
swoodles said:
It was actually the only drama cd i've ever listened to.. And i much preferred it to the anime. It might be because i'm not a fan of shoujo anime in the first place, and as much as i do like production IG, i wasn't a fan of the animation or the way their hair was coloured. I was really surprised to see it was done by IG. ... but i'll prob give it 1 or 2 more episodes chance since i quite like a few of the seiyuus.

It's animated by ZEXCS, not Production I.G....
Sep 18, 2013 1:46 PM

Dec 2008
Yes, wow, this board.
I am astonished by the amount of times "rape" or "rapist" were mentioned in this thread. I am under the impression that most, if not all, of those who labeled the show as "rapefest" don't have the slightest clue of what VAMPIRE means.

They suck blood off people. People usually aren't very inclined to allow that without putting a fight, so said vampires force their way. Surprising, I know.
Would you guys label Twilight characters as rapists? lmao fricking dracula, the biggest rapist of all time, who'd guess that

I think it's not until far into the story that there's actual sexual abuse of some kind. VAMPIRES LICK AND BITE AND SUCK BLOOD OFF PEOPLE, it's not supposed to be sexy, you're not supposed to like it. It's supposed to be revolting and disgusting that they'd treat her like that.

This isn't comedy or your typical shoujo story about falling in love. It's basically a story about a bunch of miserable people and their miserable lives together. Or maybe no story should be allowed to have issues? It's all happiness and sunshine, always. Come on, damn it.
Sep 18, 2013 1:47 PM

Apr 2010
AkiyamaMiyuki said:

Also to the people who are like: "Omaigodz, what is this SM stuff" "Omaigod, what kind of rape is that" "The licking part was disturbing!" ...
What part of "SADISTIC VAMPIRE" combined with "REVERSED HAREM" don't you understand?

I really dislike people who don't pay attention to these things and then rate the series badly, comment about how much they hated it or write bad reviews.. =_= It's very rude..

How is disliking something considered rude? By what I've seen most of the negative comments have been pretty polite, even the example you have given - "The licking part was disturbing!".
You cannot know how exactly the show is going to be just from the synopsis. And maybe some of them were curious even after reading it, so they gave it a shot. The fact that they didn't like it and decided to leave a comment explaining why doesn't make them in any way rude, they just have a different opinion. Everyone has the right to comment, rate and write reviews, no matter if they are positive or not. Yeah, maybe it's a bit early to judge since we're only 1 episode in, but you still can't blame anybody for not liking it.
If I've misunderstood what you were saying, I'm sorry.
Sep 18, 2013 2:30 PM

Nov 2008
I don't usually post in threads more than once but I have to say something.
To the people that hated the first episode and dropped it, what the hell were you expecting?
Sep 18, 2013 3:32 PM

Feb 2012
Despite it only being about half an average anime episode length, it did a good job setting itself up for intrigue. Obviously, I'm in it for the cute boys. (Mum always told me I fell for the crazy ones...) So I'm not expecting much from it - aside from girl tingles, and seeing as it's probably only going to be about a dozen or so episodes I'll more than likely watch the whole thing through.

I saw a comment on Crunchyroll about how this person found the show revolting, and hated every character. First of all, I can understand that the characters all do seem sadistic and "rapey", but that's obviously the point. Fan service for those girls who are into that. So personally, I don't see it as anything more obscene than your average harem show that has a group of girls rubbing themselves all over the main character within the first episode.

Have I picked a presumed favorite? Not quite. But if I simply had to choose on first impressions, I'm all over Subaru - the youngest brother. Oh yeah, I forgot... they're all brothers (of some sort). So give me some of that messed up Subaru x Kanato! >__>

Anyway, the first episode didn't really establish too much, so I'm looking forward to the next. Although I doubt they'll reveal anything about that mysterious purple haired girl who made an appearance for at least another 6 episodes.

My end of the episode question...

Why did the nickname "Pancake" bother her way more than "Bitch-chan" ?!
Sep 18, 2013 5:22 PM

Sep 2013
Why did the nickname "Pancake" bother her way more than "Bitch-chan" ?!

Haha. I just realized this. You're right. Why does it bother her more and also bother her when she is obviously trapped in a house with a group of men she does not know?

Any way, I have no idea how anyone can call this "rape". Really? It's sadistic vampires but not rape. They only lick her and talk about sucking her blood, like just about every other vampire anime out there.

I'm very disappointed in the 15 min episodes and also the quality of the animation. I think I'll wait and watch all the episodes in one go so they seem more like a movie.
Spending more time thinking about the fictional world than reality.
Sep 18, 2013 5:55 PM

Jan 2012
i'm pretty sure the title is not my lovely angel lovers or something lol

Sir_Lexa said:
But my gawd dem bishies!
Sep 18, 2013 8:51 PM

Jul 2013
Well, I guess I call this an okay episode, a reverse harem with vampires could be a problem with the girl. Those guys making bad remarks to the girl makes her more uncomfortable and being chased by them until that ending scene.

Sep 18, 2013 9:46 PM

Jul 2012
Starlet79 said:
I'm very disappointed in the 15 min episodes and also the quality of the animation. I think I'll wait and watch all the episodes in one go so they seem more like a movie.

I thought the animation was pretty nice TBH. Better than Brothers Conflict for sure.
Sep 19, 2013 2:25 AM

Apr 2013
wow... this is really annoying, but it was actually decent

Sep 19, 2013 3:50 AM
Mar 2010
How is disliking something considered rude? By what I've seen most of the negative comments have been pretty polite, even the example you have given - "The licking part was disturbing!".
You cannot know how exactly the show is going to be just from the synopsis. And maybe some of them were curious even after reading it, so they gave it a shot. The fact that they didn't like it and decided to leave a comment explaining why doesn't make them in any way rude, they just have a different opinion. Everyone has the right to comment, rate and write reviews, no matter if they are positive or not. Yeah, maybe it's a bit early to judge since we're only 1 episode in, but you still can't blame anybody for not liking it.

+1
This is what I've been trying to explain on tumblr.
Stop blaming people who don't like it.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 19, 2013 6:16 AM

Apr 2011
Well, what can I say? Hmm...First of all, Yui is cute. I find it cute Ayato calling her chichinashi(pancake). Plus she has a nice and sweet personality that I've never found in other reverse harems. It also shows she has a interesting back story, like discovering that she's really adopted and then her heart aches when she saw a long haired woman, which could possibly mean she's not a normal human at all.

It doesn't look like she'll fall in love with one of them...I think.
Sep 19, 2013 11:05 AM

Mar 2008
I like how this makes me kind of uncomfortable enough that I actually feel something like what Yui feels about things so its easy to see how awful that actually would be to be in that situation.

Unsure on the art. Something seems off about it. Sometimes it looks good to me and i like the style but other times it looks unusually flat and soulless and there is that misplaced use of 3d objects that made me motion sick slightly and I NEVER get motion sick.
Sep 19, 2013 11:52 AM
Jul 2013
I can't wait for the next episode, I really can't. Kanato Sakamaki is the cutest thing I've ever seen!<3 ~Kawaii~ It made me feel a little uncomfortable a few times, hence why I want to watch it more.
Sep 19, 2013 2:00 PM

Jun 2008
I actually liked this in a campy/creepy way.
Sep 19, 2013 2:58 PM

Feb 2011
It was ok. OST was good and I liked the fact that the main heroine had more common sense than other heroines lol.

And it kind of reminded me of Amnesia The Dark Descent
Sep 20, 2013 2:10 PM

Oct 2010
Having read spoilers about the game, I was totally blown away with the first episode, lol. I actually sensed the creepiness (not necessarily feeling actually creeped out since it's hard for an anime to do that) but yeah. The scenery, the sound track, the pacing, character introduction, all of those really fit in with the mood.

Plus, the heroine. Omergod. I expected a total dormat like everyone else, another Amnesia main lead but gosh, she was actually competent, lol. Except for the stupid tripping-scrapping-knee part, everything about her was bearable. I hope the anime maintains this level of competency and if it does, I'll start watching it as an anime instead of thinking of it as a crack anime. ;D
Sep 20, 2013 3:08 PM

Nov 2009
Will try to continue watching this for Shuu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2013 6:28 PM

Aug 2009
I just cant stand that guy calling her a bitch...

idk what type of "cute compliment" that can possibly be in Japan.. but I just find that damn offensive in the english language v___v

and no I cant convert the definition in my mind to a female dog x___x v_V
Sep 20, 2013 6:36 PM

Aug 2009
GOD DAMNIT I HATE THE 15 MINUTES EPISODES T_T
Sep 21, 2013 3:59 AM

Feb 2012
eh I really want to drop this, the "little bitch" part really annoyed me, and how they kept licking her....man, but they're vampires so I give them that xD

but, everyone is so negative in the first ep, total downer :( but I have seen some people say this gets a lot better down the line, so I'll watch a few more eps.

What I did like however, was using the clock as an episode count :D really neat
Sep 21, 2013 8:24 AM

Jan 2009
phoenixalia said:

+1
This is what I've been trying to explain on tumblr.
Stop blaming people who don't like it.

It's rude to the fans, publisher etc. I am not blaming anyone, I just don't understand why people go out of their way to comment here about how they dislike something whils they know there are fans out here who'd read those comments(just like what they do on youtube etc.) If I dislike something, I don't go and say how much I disliked it etc, I just keep it to myself thinking there are people who DID enjoy that "something" and that if I said something they might get "hurt". I know it's the internet and everyone has their own opinions and all but I had expected, atleast on animelist, that people would not just badmouth something they dislike and think of their fellow "anime lovers/otaku"
Sep 21, 2013 11:56 AM

Mar 2013
Magito said:
I find it cute Ayato calling her chichinashi(pancake).

Um...actually it means Bitch-chan. ^_^;
Fear The Wrath Of The Dragon
Sep 21, 2013 1:13 PM
Feb 2013
I liked the story and the characters (for once, the heroine wasn't some useless brat) but I felt the art was kind of. . weird. Like, their faces were triangular. :| But I really loved it, so I just made do. I hope I get use to it soon.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2013

129 by Ilookgood »»
Apr 21, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2013

191 by oniichantaihei »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2013

162 by Starlight2003 »»
Dec 1, 2023 2:46 PM

» Plot?

sharkbay - Jul 19, 2021

10 by Utahime__ »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:42 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

105 by averagecupofjo »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.