Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2013 7:21 AM

Jul 2012
Major Spoilers Alert: ok so I think there isn't a topic about this theory I found the other day, I would like it to be discussed but anyway it's just interesting to read, the theory is here: http://lincolnsensei.tumblr.com/post/38778031059/the-boota-theory-hidden-plot-in-gurren-lagann

Basically, this theory says that Boota is the responsible for some of the events of TTGL and that he already fought against Anti-spirals with... Kamina's father... why?

First of all, he isn't a normal animal, other pig-moles like the ones they ride in episode 1 are much larger, then we have that Boota tells Simon to use the Core Drill to use the Lagann, so we have a hint that he/it knows how spiral energy works and for the events in episode 26 it's clear he can evolve-regress from humanoid to animal, he also lives for at least 27 YEARS!!?? wth? As with old Simon in episode 27 he's still around!!
Now for the Kamina's dad part, we can speculate that Lagann was originally his, as for where it was hidden, and Boota is the one alongside with him in episode 1 prologue. Where does this theory comes from? The jingling when this commander walks in the spaceship, Simon never does, but Kamina's father had a skull chain... also Lorgenome tells Simon that there was a man who fought like him, but he doesn't makes clear it's in fact himself, but maybe some who fought him earlier. I only tried to summarize the relevant stuff, the full theory is in the link, so tell me what you think
Sep 19, 2013 5:36 AM
Aug 2012
This theory isn't wrong. The actual writers of the show answered a lot of questions around time the show ended and the prologue was brought up. It turns out they didn't have stuff 100 percent planned out. It was made in advance as an eye catch and when the story progressed, it sort of changed into something that didn't fit the prologue exactly.
Here is a site that showed some answers for a few questions http://www.japanator.com/the-secrets-of-gurren-lagann-answered--6714.phtml
Sep 19, 2013 7:49 AM

Sep 2012
few problems with the theory
-lordgenome was around 2k years before the start of the series, kaminas father couldnt have possibly been around
-the prologue was gainax's initial idea for how the series ended, but they changed their mind, fans said that the prologue could have been an alternate reality from the Multidimensional labyrinth, gaianax responded with 'why the fuck not'
-the theory about boota being from before the start of the series, during lordgenomes time could makes sense though, since beastmen dont seem to age.

all in all, it was an idea they thought they wanted to pursue, but didnt, and in the end, it could simply be attributed to something that happened in the multidimensional labyrinth.

although i do agree that boota could quite possibly have been one of lordgenomes pets originally. reading this theory, he seemed to know a bit too much.
although, spiral power, aint gotta explain shit, some of the things he did could have been just to advance the plot.

also, lordgenomes exact words were
'there was once a man who fought as you do, he was also unaware that his actions would doom humanity to extinction.'

once you see parallel works series 1, episode 8, its quite clear he's talking about himself.
since his actions (nearly destroying the anti spiral after leading a race of spiral warriors in uprising) nearly resulted in the spiral nemesis. he was unaware his actions would doom the universe.

what we see captain garlock do in the prologue doesnt really fit, since hes pretty much attacking every point in space and time (part of this idea was used in the later space arc episodes)

although, i admit. when i fist saw the series, my first thought was that captain garlock was kaminas father.
eldestSep 19, 2013 7:55 AM
Sep 19, 2013 8:02 AM

Jul 2012
eldest said:
-lordgenome was around 2k years before the start of the series, kaminas father couldnt have possibly been around

that's something I thought as well while reading, now I think if that theory made somehow sense Kamina's father would have fought AGAINST Lordgenome instead of alongside.

eldest said:
-the theory about boota being from before the start of the series, during lordgenomes time could makes sense though, since beastmen dont seem to age.

I think the anti-spirals were waiting for humans to fight so they could get that strange spiral signal and investigate it, so boota being a beastman would make sense except he has spiral power.

eldest said:
although i do agree that boota could quite possibly have been one of lordgenomes pets originally. reading this theory, he seemed to know a bit too much.
although, spiral power, aint gotta explain shit, some of the things he did could have been just to advance the plot.

I think they left that loose story like that and no-one yet took the Gurren-Lagann plot so "seriously" to discuss what was going on there :)

KianthePersian said:
It turns out they didn't have stuff 100 percent planned out. It was made in advance as an eye catch and when the story progressedl

that makes a lot of sense coming from Gainax lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1152 by LinaThePotion »»
Apr 25, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.