Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2013 2:15 AM

Apr 2013
I'm still struggling to keep interest while watching this, but I'm the type that has to finish what he starts.

The two bits I did enjoy were Levi turning into Sonic the Hedgehog and when he went on his little tirade about "dead is dead."

I think I'll rewatch this if it's ever dubbed in English to see if I enjoy it better. All the characters just seem so bland even in an episode that's supposed to be "sad"
Sep 8, 2013 2:17 AM

Nov 2011
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
WHEN PETRA'S BODY HAD TO BE THROWN OUT ಥ_ಥ

AND HER EMBARRASSED FATHER ALL HAPPY ಥ_ಥ

JUST NO, OKAY ಥ_ಥ

NO ಥ_ಥ

YES! :3
The Art of Eight
Sep 8, 2013 2:20 AM

Aug 2011
myth720 said:
Heichouuuu!! man, If it weren't for Levi, Mikasa would be another one of those bodies and Eren would be gone. Good job, Mikasa... getting humanity's strongest soldier injured... he looked so frustrated that he can't fight those titans (but at least he can still walk...).

This entire ep was full of heichou feels, goddammit.. And they just had to show everyone's families waiting for them?? Like Petra's dad wasn't bad enough .__.

This world is beautiful and cruel.

Levi heichou knows that feels...

We all know that feels...

HECK!! the ENTIRE episode was just FEELS~~~

Kokoro_Inuzuka said:

JUST NO, OKAY ಥ_ಥ

NO ಥ_ಥ

Many manly tears were shed on this day....
Sep 8, 2013 2:23 AM

May 2010
The dumping part was so sad, when Petra got dumped; I just... Levi's look :(
Sep 8, 2013 2:27 AM

Jul 2012
Petra... That dumping scene...
Damn Feels
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2013 2:38 AM

Aug 2012
Anyone know the music during the Levi vs female titan fight scene?
Sep 8, 2013 2:42 AM

Nov 2011
Levi was such a bad ass, he fucking wrecked the female titan.

Aw man, Petra's father getting all emotional with Levi, not knowing she's dead....
Also before that showing the families of the squad excited for their return, Y U DO DIS?

Great episode, I really do enjoy Levi and Erwin, they both have to play the emotionless 'monsters' if they want to go further, but as we can see, they still have some heart. They just know better than others that sacrifice is essential.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Sep 8, 2013 2:50 AM

Mar 2013
The filler was hearbreaking..
The whole epiosde was tearjerking..

Attack on Feels T___T
Sep 8, 2013 2:50 AM

Aug 2012
sim0n2170 said:
Anyone know the music during the Levi vs female titan fight scene?
http://visual.ponycanyon.co.jp/pickup/visual2/pcxg50274/

It's the first track of the 2nd OST.
Sep 8, 2013 2:53 AM

Jul 2013
sim0n2170 said:
Why was the female titan crying?

Read the manga? If not, it kind of comes together later on as the season draws to a close.

For manga readers only...

Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 8, 2013 2:54 AM
Jan 2012
Wow such a strong episode it made me write a comment.
Okay, I know it was mostly filler, but I am kinda happy they did that. In the manga I got that sense that pretty much no one was giving enough shit. And in the anime it’s obvious that they do.

Levi being epic as hell! Well he is very strong, but I think he also got lucky, because the titan had to fight a bunch of people and another titan before fighting him. And she sure has a limit to her powers after all.
Great way to make him badass, yet if he fails to be this badass in the future, it would explain why.
He steals the show this episode. But I didn’t like the way they were flying around at the beginning. Felt kind of strange. Oh Whatever - The spinwin made it all better! *They see me rollin’ they’re hatin’!*
Btw, is it just me, or the manga was more brutal than that? When I read it I was grossed out at the scene with the eyes. Censorship sucks… :/

Later the episode goes with - “How bad can we make you all feel before you start to hate us?”
As if it isn’t enough that they go all George Martin on us from the start! I really liked Levi’s team! Damn!
Oh God Levi… I felt like going there and giving him a hug, even with the possibility of him stabbing me in the guts in return. And to Erwin too. (Is that the right way to spell his name?)
I have respect for both of them. What Levi did was incredibly nice, in a weird way:
First of all he threw the corpses of his team, to save the living in a situation those two, selfish morons, created to save one dead. And later instead of releasing all his anger on that dude’s ass, who told him he has no emotions, and who was responsible for all that happened, Levi actually gave him Petra’s(?) crest, to make him feel better. It was almost too nice. I like this side of Levi, even if it was part of filler.
I guess we’re gonna have him go apeshit crazy on someone some day, and showing his weak sides. That’s why they gave him this “I am too awesome” build up now. - Just like it happens with Mikasa, which I like a lot.
Btw his reaction, when he remembered Mikasa as being Eren’s childhood friend was Interesting. “Eren is probably dead! Oh you are his friends. Ok Let’s go fight the deadly titan hoping he is alive.” … interesting change of mind. But could be just me overthinking shit. Probably.
The scene with Petra’s dad, besides being incredibly sad and touching and all, left me a bit confused. In the manga it didn’t sound like Petra was going to merry Levi. There, if I remember correctly, he said “I was wrong for telling her to get married, she still have her whole life ahead of her.” (Fuck :() or something like that. Whatever the exact words, I’m sure he never inlayed married to whom. In the anime kind of sounded as if she and Levi had something going on. And I am confused now. I may be misunderstood the anime…? Or the manga?
Sad scene nonetheless - Sucks to be Levi in this episode.
I like how he is able to keep it together though, simply because it cannot be allowed for anyone to see Humanity’s strongest soldier weak and defeated. It makes it even sadder…

I liked the moment with Eren and the child more in the manga, because it took only one damn picture, and in the anime the flashback was earlier than it should have been.
Still it was fucking strong. No matter how bad the things are, no matter all the hate, there will always be this kid, who will make it all worth it.
And then when Eren was crying in the end, with Mikasa by his side... Heartbraking, but I liked it. You don’t see people in anime holding hands too often! :D It was sweet and depressing as hell. I like how Eren realizes his dream was not exactly what he expected, but yet I don’t see him backing down now... or ever.
Would be good if Mikasa develops some dreams and goals of her own though. Different than protecting Eren and being his overly attached girlfriend. Btw, Mikasa is my fave after Levi.

And Erwin is taking all that like a boss, even though he is in a bad place right now. I am starting to like this guy a lot.

Great episode, I loved it. Filler done right! I know many would disagree with everything I said, but… to each his own I guess. I am all for fillers like this.
If filler go Naruto style, that would be a problem.

Excuse the long, blabbering, comment, and my bad English. It’s self-taught, so I know its crap - I’m working on it. :)
And have a great day.
Sep 8, 2013 2:56 AM

Apr 2010
sim0n2170 said:

Titans have feelings too.

dankickyou said:
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:

JUST NO, OKAY ಥ_ಥ

NO ಥ_ಥ

YES! :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv5fYWy3H9Q
Sep 8, 2013 3:05 AM
Jul 2013
So fucking sad. I wouldnt call it a useless filler, rather anime original scenes cause it was quite good...manga readers pbbly wouldnt have loved it so much though cause they wanna see where the season ends.
Sep 8, 2013 3:10 AM

Jun 2013
DEM FEELS.........................

teared up when they discarded Petra's body.

Dat face that Levi gave when Petra's father was talking to him.

Imagine the pain that Levi has to go through even though he doesn't express it out.
Sep 8, 2013 3:11 AM
Jul 2013
Beaver897 said:
Kat said:
SmittenjKitten said:
Kat said:
Not a bad episode, but that last one raised my expectations quite a bit, so it was a bit of let down. Of course, the previous episode would be damn near impossible to follow, so I don't blame them.

However, Levi seems a bit too overpowered to my liking. I understand that he's supposed to be the strongest fighter, but being able to take on the Fem Titan solo without so much a scratch (aside from the leg injury from having to save Mikasa) is ridiculous.

Don't forget, the FT was running low on juice, not in it's tip-top shape

Ah yes, you're right. That somehow slipped my mind. It doesn't change the fact that I find him a bit too perfect, but it does tone it down somewhat.

Also remember that the reason why it looked like Levi 'pwned' the FT was because his main objective wasn't to kill the FT, only to seriously damage her and retrieve Eren. Anymore than that and either Mikasa or Levi will end up dead because the FT will still regenerate.

Well, either way Mikasa and Levi are a bit OP, but that's their draw as characters :)
Sep 8, 2013 3:13 AM

Aug 2012
mayukachan said:
shanimebib said:
Three more episodes to go and I hope the Live Action isn't meant as a sequel.

A live action? For THIS anime? Whatwhat

Yea there is a live action currently in production
Sep 8, 2013 3:23 AM

Jul 2010
I cried. I'm loving more and more Levi and Erwin.
Dat overall feel.

I hope they will catch the Female Titan. She must suffers more than I do.
Sep 8, 2013 3:28 AM

Dec 2012
This was just awfully painful to watch. Everyone is mourning and I feel so sorry for them, especially Eren as he watched his friends and comrades get killed in his face. But God Levi and Erwin have it the hardest as they are the one's who will have to answer to everyone. That scene when Petra's father is talking about her to Levi just broke my heart...
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Sep 8, 2013 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
Petra x Levi theme was so sad... I cried. And Petra's father... I wonder how Levi is keep calm and feelings inside, it's very hard, poor corporal...
Sep 8, 2013 3:37 AM

Feb 2012
sim0n2170 said:

she had killed many people just to capture eren.. but in the end she failed
Sep 8, 2013 3:44 AM

May 2012
Kyonyuu kyojin cried, right?

13:46 jibundaki kyojin LOL

21:31 plz let me marry Petrachan, chichiuesama

Too short =(((
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 8, 2013 3:51 AM
Sep 2013
I miss Petra... Ididn't want her to die.... Poor Levi... I'm very curious about the identity of the Female Titan...I really hate her now. Can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 8, 2013 3:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Seeing Levi fight is rather impressive. He's almost non-human (I'm not implying anything here!). Mikasa is pretty good, but still has a lot to learn.

Erwin has literally the weight of the human world on his shoulders. Living with all those lives in his conscience must be tough.

It's a fu*ked up world and society they live in. I wouldn't be able to resist having a hack at one of those bastards in the crowd.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 8, 2013 4:05 AM

Aug 2012
Petra... My feels ;___;
Sep 8, 2013 4:08 AM
Sep 2013
eso18 said:
filler that fits the story. How rare.
Although after I read some commenst and it might be wrote by author himself that would explain the stuff. Still to make something in anime more brutal than in manga... they don't beat around the bush.

Action scenes with Levi slashing down FT was also awesome.

And I didn't see it in manga that well but here despair at their faces at the end of episode especially Ervin was much better.

In the contrast scene where FT cries was way to fast to the point where someone asked the question did she really cry. Well I mention this because in manga we can just stop at the panel and look as long as we want.

Ah one more thing. I really like filler part where Armin had his five seconds. He really becomes more and more scary.

I think that's what Isayama's after with Armin.. I believe at some point in the series, there will be a moment where Armin sacrifices too much.. spoilers ahead..
Sep 8, 2013 4:13 AM

Mar 2009
I can't get over when they threw Petra's body.
And poor Levi... having to go through one thing after another.
It was sad but I really liked this chapter.
Sep 8, 2013 4:45 AM
Mar 2013
The feels on the bus go round and round ;_ ;
Sep 8, 2013 4:54 AM

Mar 2013
That fight scene ! Levi FTW !
Otherwise, this episode was really sad. Poor Petra (T_T)
Sep 8, 2013 5:00 AM

Aug 2012
AntenorA said:
Great episode, I loved it. Filler done right! I know many would disagree with everything I said, but… to each his own I guess. I am all for fillers like this.

Not really, no. If there's a person that would disagree, it's the ones who don't understand the purpose of the anime-original content.

Surprisingly, a lot of the reviewers on Youtube didn't find this episode too great mainly because they wanted it to be as hyped as the last one, and didn't seem to fully appreciate why the rest of the episode was sad, somber and depressing. It's such a funny thing to see because this has given a huge contrast of opinions. Many people just view it as 'Oh, they're sad because their comrades died. Boohoo, needed more FT vs Levi.' while a loud few call this one of the most effective episodes of this anime (including me) because of how good this episode presented the aftermath of a very action-heavy beginning of the arc by making that huge change and contrast in emotions as well.
Sep 8, 2013 5:02 AM

Aug 2013
No one else saw Shirley?
Sep 8, 2013 5:03 AM

Aug 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

Was focused on Mikasa and Eren/10
Sep 8, 2013 5:10 AM

Aug 2013
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

Lol can't miss out on that but I'm a huge code geass fan also
Sep 8, 2013 5:11 AM

Jul 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

I'm not deep into anime, so I don't know who you're referring to. I did some research though. Doppelganger.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 8, 2013 5:12 AM

Nov 2011
hei guise! steam was coming out of Levi's head! OMG is Levi a Titan!? It is the only logical explanation!!! omigahd! XD XD XD

^ surprised we dont have much of those today? :P
The Art of Eight
Sep 8, 2013 5:14 AM

Aug 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

I'm not deep into anime, so I don't know who you're referring to. I did some research though. Doppelganger.

I put two I image links a page or two back
Sep 8, 2013 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

Did you notice the scene where Eren wakes up is almost exactly the same as the first scene in the anime? Mikasa calling Eren whilst looking at him sleeping, and the sun is shining behind her, it's kind of funny because I saw somebody put the pictures side by side and its almost exactly the same except they're older and moving obviously.

Also, dat ending. Eren crying and Mikasa holding his hand :)
Sep 8, 2013 5:16 AM

Jan 2013
Anyone else notice Levi took Petra's badge of her uniform and giving it to Dieter saying its Ivans badge?
Sep 8, 2013 5:19 AM

Aug 2013
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

Did you notice the scene where Eren wakes up is almost exactly the same as the first scene in the anime? Mikasa calling Eren whilst looking at him sleeping, and the sun is shining behind her, it's kind of funny because I saw somebody put the pictures side by side and its almost exactly the same except they're older and moving obviously.

Wat? Crap haven't seen that yet since I only had a little time this morning and didn't quite finish the episode
Sep 8, 2013 5:23 AM

Dec 2012
After Petra's body and heichou's pained face I got really choked up. But I started bawling when Petra's dad came in omfg I never cry bc of anime
Sep 8, 2013 5:24 AM

Aug 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

Wat? Crap haven't seen that yet since I only had a little time this morning and didn't quite finish the episode

I downloaded it in glorious 1080p, watch it all the way through, you will not be disappointed.
Sep 8, 2013 5:26 AM

Aug 2013
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

I downloaded it in glorious 1080p, watch it all the way through, you will not be disappointed.

I wouldn't have the patience for my crappy Internet to dl it in 1080p lol
Sep 8, 2013 5:27 AM

Aug 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

It was only 500mb, what speed internet do you have? If you are not watching it in 1080p you are missing out.
Sep 8, 2013 5:28 AM

Aug 2013
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

It was only 500mb, what speed internet do you have? If you are not watching it in 1080p you are missing out.

Oh 500 MB isn't too bad but it'd still take like half an hour for me ill probably rewatch the series after season 1 ends so ill do that in 1080p
Sep 8, 2013 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

Oh 500 MB isn't too bad but it'd still take like half an hour for me ill probably rewatch the series after season 1 ends so ill do that in 1080p

Pmed you. If you didn't watch the end of episode 22, you are missing out as a Mikaere shipper.
Sep 8, 2013 5:32 AM

Oct 2012
Well, we got drag again, I am not surprised. And some serious face lighting flaws and repeated sequences again. Without last few minutes literally nothing would have happened this time.

So, their grand mission was failure. I think that can be pretty fair ending to their task and it was nice to portray hopeless situation they are in but, the hell, this whole sortie with almost no story progress was dragged for SIX LONG EPISODES when only 3 would be enough. Not to mention that by now everyone knows who that titan is.

I am now watching this only to get it over with, this show is such pain with every new episode. I just hope last three episodes with Annie are worth it else I would call this show total loss of my time.
Mich666Sep 8, 2013 5:37 AM
Sep 8, 2013 5:34 AM

Aug 2013
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

Pmed you. If you didn't watch the end of episode 22, you are missing out as a Mikaere shipper.

I know but I can't watch it until I get to the hotel tonight ;_;
Sep 8, 2013 5:37 AM

Aug 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
MikasaxEren said:
ErenxMikasa said:
No one else saw Shirley?

I know but I can't watch it until I get to the hotel tonight ;_;

Hotel ? I am jealous. Although this episode is quite a lot of filler, it was the good kind. We better stop this conversation in this thread because we are spamming it, PM me if you want to carry it on. Also to everyone am I the only person who keeps being logged out?
Sep 8, 2013 5:47 AM

Nov 2009
As expected of humanity's strongest soldier. That was so cool.
And God, this episode was more heart-breaking than the previous one. Petra's dad T.T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2013 5:48 AM

Apr 2013
My feels are hurt bye
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.