Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2007 9:51 AM

Mar 2007
So, what did you fellow otakus think of this series? :D

In my opinion, it's awesome ^^ I really like other Gainax series (TTGL) and this one didn't disappoint me one bit.
I kinda like messed up stories, like FLCL or this one XD

The awesome thing about Abenobashi is that at first, it seems like some crazy, screwed up anime, but later you find out that it really is! Err, I mean, when you watch more, the story is getting more deep and great. :P

So, what about you?
Oct 26, 2007 8:28 PM

Mar 2007
Yeah, this was a pretty good show ^_^

Gotta love underage fanservice......I mean, crazy parodies XD

Seriously, I watched ADV's release and had to turn on the "vid-notes" after the first disc.....well, actually I didn't know there *were* notes until the second disc, but whatever.....

But yeah, good stuff. That ending was whacked out, too. I like how they never say if it was the "real world" or just another "fake world" :)

Oh, and did I mention Arumi ftw~?
You've come a long way, baby.
Oct 27, 2007 4:47 AM

Mar 2007
The referneces in the show are just awesome XD
After the first episode I just sat with a paper and a pen to write everything I recognized
Too bad I didn't have the DVD because there must be like a million references I didn't get
Oct 28, 2007 4:56 AM

Jul 2007
I really loved this show and searched liek crazy for the tons of references.
MY favourite world was the RPG one~
Oct 28, 2007 1:11 PM

Mar 2007
Yeah, about the only thing I like about ADV is that their "vid-notes" are pretty helpful. I watched their release of Abenobashi & Excel Saga, too, and without the notes, in some places I would've been COMPLETELY lost :D
You've come a long way, baby.
Mar 20, 2015 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
Alright, necro'ing this 8 years old thread, don't judge me.

This anime started off really neatly for me. I didn't even read the sypnosis, so I didn't know what this was all about. But the world introduction, especially supported with the cheery and awesome OST in the beginning, made me stick to the show until the end.

When I found out it was episodic, (it kinda as, even though the pieces complete the puzzles in the end), I thought to give it a chance because, well, episodic isn't always bad. The characters made up for it, and the main factor, the atmosphere. It had such a mysterious, very weird atmosphere which made me stick to the show even further. It was directed awesomely, bundled with astonishing parts of Japanese's literature. I didn't expect this show to dig in the plot so much like that, even though the author kind of messed up in some parts, (by exaggerating it)

Well Gainax didn't disappoint with this one too. Though the ending is still confusing and twisting my mind, why did the author chose something like that. Swell, it was a good ride.
Mar 20, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
damn this is an old thread... but the anime was definitely kickass
May 16, 2015 12:06 PM

Apr 2009
so in the end, it was about the kids escaping reality because their gramps died -w-
and in the end beyond that, they changed things anyway =w=

the last couple of episodes was what really made this ainme so interesting, in my opinion .w.
from being a comedy-focused gag-anime, it turned into something so serious and sad, and in the end it was a happy ending anyway .w.

much like ^^-
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.

More topics from this board

» I'm a dum dum

TikkiWii - Jan 28

8 by phototaku »»
Feb 26, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

88 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 12 Discussion

Juliab - Apr 16, 2008

39 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 8 Discussion

Juliab - Apr 11, 2008

23 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai Episode 11 Discussion

Arashi89 - Aug 11, 2009

17 by _untitled »»
Jan 29, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.