Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 1, 2013 7:45 AM

May 2011
hyperknees91 said:
Platonic love in an anime that has a focus on a girl who plays games about dudes romancing with their little sisters in an anime titled oreimo?

Just doesn't seem reasonable to really predict it would go down any other route. It seemed pretty straight-forward from the beginning. The only real question was that they would leave it open to the audiences imagination or actually go through with it.

Technically they did both though, lawl.

I personally interpret the ending as they continue their 'forbidden' relationship in secret and act like normal siblings in public. I can't see them going back to a platonic relationship. Not to mention the author made it pretty clear he wanted a true incest ending but had to change it due to the publisher as well as the public. Still, I'd like to see some work by him in the future illustrating Kirino and Kyousuke as adults. Maybe one day ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2013 9:47 AM

Aug 2008
Well yes the ending completely implies they are still together. Anyone who can read between the lines can see that. The author just had to "walk around on egg shells" to show people that was the case. (Come on look at Kirino's smiling face after the kiss and the mention of "life counseling").

Hence why I don't got a problem with it, it's even more obvious in the LN.
Oct 3, 2013 9:16 AM

Jun 2012
People get butthurt over anything these days. The ending should have been Brother x Sister, and it was.

Get over it
Jan 30, 2015 10:25 AM
Nov 2014
To be fair this is not incest in a true sense because they are not related by blood so there is nothing wrong that way. Note this is a series about a guy who loves his sisters (STEP) and over time comes to see them no longer as friends and now as a potential love interest. and by the end he chose his in a sense the childhood friends to be with. NOTE in a practical sense he does not need to marry them but live with them and be marred to all but the government so he is not committing polygamy. Besides in my own opinion if you love more than one person but they love you back and can get along with the other person than why not why do you need to break someones heart because other people think it is wrong
Feb 1, 2015 6:14 AM

Sep 2009
^ What? Kirino and Kyousuke are blood-related siblings. Not sure where you are getting they aren't.

Jul 2, 2015 12:01 PM
Jun 2015
all is manami fault, if she doesn't change kyousuke, kirino will never mad ignoring etc to her bro, until kyousuke find out her hobbies and they always talk till became a lovers
Aug 19, 2015 11:33 PM

Sep 2014
Who fucking cares if a brother and sister truely love each other get your heads out of your asses. It shouldn't be encouraged at all but if siblings do fall in love more power to them.

On topic: The ending sucked. No one ends up with anyone. Whole anime just feels utterly pointless
Aug 28, 2015 11:26 PM
Aug 2015
Guy's there is season 3 any way .. i check it out there will be a season 3 that promise by the creator and team Tokio studio. . And also there's manga on going tell now 2015
Sep 3, 2015 7:55 AM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
where did u get this info from
Sep 21, 2015 5:41 PM

Aug 2015
TakenForce said:
I would've supported Kyouske going out with ANYONE BESIDES KIRINO

+1

Honestly, I hated the ending more than any anime I've watched in years. I knew it was heading in that direction several episodes prior but I hoped very hard that it would not end this way and it did.

Fuck this series.
Fuck Kirino.
Fuck the author.
I wish I could re-review and give it a 1/10
Sep 27, 2015 4:40 AM

Nov 2014
TakenForce said:
xsilicon9 said:

Whose choice was it?

Pressure from the fucked-up novel readers / audience... who else? I was pretty disgusted by the incest ending and skimmed through the last 3 episodes because it was quite embarrassing to watch.

This is really what gets me, the ending... I mean, up until that bloody ending, this was actually entertaining to watch. but, wtf... really... what the hell, I would think Ayase or Kuroneko in the end... He neglects everyone else and chooses an incest ending... Not that I don't like Kirino but it wasn't really what I was expecting...

just my opinion...
Dec 11, 2015 5:31 AM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
SympathyRS said:
TakenForce said:

Pressure from the fucked-up novel readers / audience... who else? I was pretty disgusted by the incest ending and skimmed through the last 3 episodes because it was quite embarrassing to watch.

This is really what gets me, the ending... I mean, up until that bloody ending, this was actually entertaining to watch. but, wtf... really... what the hell, I would think Ayase or Kuroneko in the end... He neglects everyone else and chooses an incest ending... Not that I don't like Kirino but it wasn't really what I was expecting...

just my opinion...

I don't get why so many people don't understand that it was gonna be an incest ending did you even read the title of the anime you are watching or not
Dec 12, 2015 12:47 AM
Nov 2015
Yes, I hated the ending too. This is not because I wanted Kyousuke to end with a different girl. I don't mind Kyousuke ending up with Kirino and I can be happy with that, but it's about how it was done. That is what I feel is pissing most people off. I would have been happy if you saw them living together as adults and living like husband and wife, while no one else knows or just their close friends that support them like Saori and Kuroneko. Instead you're left with sort of a confusing last request to do anything and them breaking it off. Which seems like they just gave up maybe. Kyousuke in the last episode said, "Yeah, incest for the win. I'm going for the real sister ending!" Then for the ending we get that weak giving up type ending?! At least leave the ring on her, or her showing the ring on her hand when he kisses her on the cheek and maybe saying "our secret" in the end!

Yes, as others have said the author didn't want to write a weak ending, but he wasn't allowed to because of his publisher, Dengeki Bunko. The real ending seems to be in the Tsuzuku PSP game written by Fushimi the author of Ore no Imouto..., look on Youtube and find the playthroughs. Also in the game they are not blood related.

Also about the secret, yes there is more to it, and the author says he wanted to give Kirino the best ending he could for her and continues on saying, "The story ends with the two siblings sharing a secret, the same way their first life-advice-talk [jinsei soudan] began."

Here is a link about Fushimi (author) being not able to write the ending he wanted and also about them keeping a secret. This comes from interviews and translations of them.
http://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/4901/why-did-the-until-we-graduate-provision-enter-into-the-ending-of-oreimo

If you can read Japanese here is the full interview.
http://ebook.itmedia.co.jp/ebook/articles/1306/20/news020.html
The other Japanese interview.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51398941.html
kuroboukenkaDec 12, 2015 5:29 PM
Feb 1, 2016 10:08 PM

Jul 2015
i really wanted it end with them just growing closer as siblings and kyousuke marrying kuroneko. but we con't have our cake and eat it too.
Feb 5, 2016 2:26 PM
May 2009
The ending was unsatisfying to me. It isn't the incest ending that bothers me but how they call it quits afterwards.I know the source material suggests they stay together but taking just the anime for itself, it felt such a hollow victory.

I feel like the anime intentions were now they go back to be being like before such as over bearing siblings. They'll continue with life counseling and being devoted to each other until each of them finally find someone they really like. They'll accept it just as how they said they would in the anime and everyone is happy in normal relationships.

In the end though, I guess it is left open enough for you to presume that they will continue in secret or whoever the fans ship.
Jul 4, 2017 3:44 AM
Jan 2014
kuroboukenka said:
Yes, I hated the ending too. This is not because I wanted Kyousuke to end with a different girl. I don't mind Kyousuke ending up with Kirino and I can be happy with that, but it's about how it was done. That is what I feel is pissing most people off. I would have been happy if you saw them living together as adults and living like husband and wife, while no one else knows or just their close friends that support them like Saori and Kuroneko. Instead you're left with sort of a confusing last request to do anything and them breaking it off. Which seems like they just gave up maybe. Kyousuke in the last episode said, "Yeah, incest for the win. I'm going for the real sister ending!" Then for the ending we get that weak giving up type ending?! At least leave the ring on her, or her showing the ring on her hand when he kisses her on the cheek and maybe saying "our secret" in the end!

AGREED! I'm so Freaking tired of watching series I enjoy, only to have a F-uped Ending!! >:{
Then left saying...

"I wish I'd never watched this to begin with! The Ending just ruined the whole series for me!
Good thing I didn't spend any money on this!!" >:{
May 9, 2018 6:46 PM

Mar 2018
Im with kuroneko from the beginning, watching the ending makes me pissed off

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

May 12, 2018 9:22 PM
Apr 2018
The worst ending I could possibly hope for was this. It's shit. Poor Ayase. If I knew this was going to happen I would've not watched this anime.
May 15, 2018 9:27 PM
Feb 2018
This ending made me break a computer monitor. I stood there, expressionless, until the shitshow ended, and punched it so hard i bent it in half.
Oct 28, 2018 10:24 PM
Oct 2018
Fuck all Kirino haters
Jan 30, 2019 11:51 AM

Aug 2017
Ayase would have been best.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

475 by tony328 »»
Feb 16, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

376 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

470 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

334 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

383 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.