Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2013 4:18 AM

Jul 2013
AkkarinKHR said:
Really good episode, glad to see an anime go for the realistic side rather than caving into an action scene between eren and the female titan. Very enjoyable and the ost once again, was just amazing.

But that would eventually happen on the next episode though so..yeah xD And I have to prepare myself emotionally from now on, because one of my waifus' s going to be Feel'd.
Aug 18, 2013 4:21 AM

Jan 2012
Chu2byou said:
dadihu said:
Chu2byou said:
This is stupid, the female titan arc is taking up too much time , the pacing in this episode was terrible ESPECIALLY because it's only 25 episodes for this season.

I also hate the fact that that are more seasons than just one. Just give SnK 80 episodes and the pacing would've been alright.

As for what's coming up the next episodes...

haters gonna hate.

dat soundtrack and ending

No, I am not a hater. I love Shingeki no Kyojin. I know what's coming because I've read the manga. I am reluctant to do this, but if you want I can underpin my argument with why it's going to suck.

go away hater
they don't have enough material for 80 f-ing episodes,let them do it with seasons when the manga has enough material
Aug 18, 2013 4:35 AM

Aug 2012
Chu2byou said:
dadihu said:
Chu2byou said:
This is stupid, the female titan arc is taking up too much time , the pacing in this episode was terrible ESPECIALLY because it's only 25 episodes for this season.

I also hate the fact that that are more seasons than just one. Just give SnK 80 episodes and the pacing would've been alright.

haters gonna hate.

dat soundtrack and ending

No, I am not a hater. I love Shingeki no Kyojin. I know what's coming because I've read the manga. I am reluctant to do this, but if you want I can underpin my argument with why it's going to suck.

don't hate appreciate
Aug 18, 2013 5:15 AM

May 2011
Good ep this week as well. Hanji was hilarious. :D

If they really manage to capture the titan, things will get very interesting in the next episode. o:
Aug 18, 2013 5:19 AM

Aug 2013
Am I the only one who thinks that this is one of the weakest/most boring ep's of the series?

Chu2byou said:

This.
Aug 18, 2013 5:25 AM

Jun 2010
another episode well done i'm just wondering where they are going to end this season cuz a lot of sh*t happens after this as well
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 18, 2013 6:00 AM
Jul 2013
People don't realize that this is an adaptation of an on-going monthly manga, so please, have patience.
Aug 18, 2013 6:35 AM

Jun 2010
Damn. Quality ain't dropping.

Well, we know until what chapter they are gonna adapt. I don't think second season will air this year since the latest arc of the manga seems pretty far from over.
Aug 18, 2013 6:51 AM
Jun 2013
This episode was like "To bite or not bite" hahahahaha .. and not gonna hide it i tried to bite my hands like 5 times hoping a titan will show up or something XD )': oh yeah my new OTP is spoon x right hand , look how adorable eren's right hand is holding the spoon XD even hanji is enchanted by their relationship XP

Ruby13Aug 18, 2013 7:06 AM
Aug 18, 2013 7:01 AM

Nov 2011
Chu2byou said:

Dude, if it have 80 episodes, the animation quality will be as great as Naruto during the filler. The FT arc is the last arc in the anime so don't bother complained that it take time because there's nothing afterward.

Aug 18, 2013 7:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I was getting worried about them poor horses. That's a lot of full gallop they're doing!

I got a feeling they were going to try to catch the female Titan but not like this. Next episode should be interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 18, 2013 7:19 AM

May 2013
it's painfully obvious who's inside the female titan
Aug 18, 2013 7:20 AM
Jun 2013
Accomplished on this episode

• Character development: Eren
  • Character development: Levi Squad
  • Plot development: Eren's titan transformation
  • Plot development: Female titan captured

So yes, this episode accomplished a lot.

Anyway, I find this MAD about the Special Op squad cute, watch this

oharujyakuAug 18, 2013 7:48 AM
Aug 18, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2010
I didn't mind the flashback. Flashbacks are only annoying to me when it is to stuff they already showed in previous episodes. I've been feeling for awhile now the female titan, could be the blonde girl who chose to go with city police that taught Eren some fighting moves. i can't remember her name right now.
Aug 18, 2013 7:56 AM
Jan 2013
i too think the female titan is that girl, if I'm not mistaken her name was Annie.
if the female titan is someone we know,
she has got to be her!
all the threads are indicating to that conclusion.
the nasty personality, the absolute absence during the entire Wall Maria retake mission.
and the blonde hair,
it just has to be her! .. but if so .. then that very first titan who appeared and started it all, has to be someone we know too, and i just can't think of anyone who could be him.
the Armored titan can be either Erwin or Reiner, since they both have a pale blonde short hair which resembles that armored titan's.
and the flashback was really not bad, it made me understand the recon crops even more.
it was a good addition.
Aug 18, 2013 7:58 AM
Jan 2013
And Levi is starting to develop as a character, he's changed a little i guess
Aug 18, 2013 8:26 AM

Jun 2008
I think this dragged a bunch during the flashback. Things could have been done in a quicker fashion I think. They really, really skimped on the animation in places too. Ah well, still a good enough episode all told. 3/5
Aug 18, 2013 8:59 AM

Jul 2010
Good episode I guess, I enjoyed the flashback with that much character development of the squad. I'm kinda starting to like them. Also, Erwin is such a badass /thread
As always amazing OST.

I'm looking forward to the next one.
Aug 18, 2013 9:08 AM
Feb 2012
Oh God, that ending part of the episode was pure sex. The whole episode itself was done very nicely, but I didn't expect anything less from my favourite arc.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 18, 2013 9:17 AM

Sep 2009
Ugh.. That was so epic.
Also, I already know what's going to happen to that female titan in the next episode :/
Aug 18, 2013 9:33 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode
Aug 18, 2013 9:50 AM

Oct 2012
I am tired of all those flashbacks that slows down the action. This series is retarding and slowing its plot almost to snail gallop. There is simply way too many self-monologues going inside heads of main characters. And preview for next episode seems pointing to the fact we will learn nothing again.

Man, I just want to know who is inside that female titan and what research work is buried under Eren's former home. Do I want that much?

And do we really need 24 episodes to get there? o_O
Aug 18, 2013 9:57 AM

Jul 2011
Mich666 said:
Man, I just want to know who is inside that female titan and what research work is buried under Eren's former home. Do I want that much?

I want to know the second part too
Aug 18, 2013 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
Finally, some progress!

And this:
ecko91 said:
Aug 18, 2013 11:10 AM

Dec 2012
My favorite flashback in the manga, because I learned a lot from it, it's short and in place.

A fan of Erwin, ever since :3

The animation wasn't that great, but OK I think - no stills, the recycled parts aren't so obvious. A couple of the earlier scenes were at the level of episode 4, others - on par with the tricks from episode 8 (but shorter and less), the FT line - awesome as usual.

With that being said, I have better ideas for the end cards. Here, said it, :P

* back to work -_- *
Aug 18, 2013 11:17 AM

May 2012
MatijaxD said:

xD when he started talking I started laughing like crazy :) because he has the same voice actor as Kondo from gintama :D

haha I know.. i was thinking when hes gonna start naked or throw some punchline..

Aug 18, 2013 11:33 AM

Dec 2012

some crazy shit will happen right after this scene next week :d
good episode anyway, though they decided to skip few scene.
Aug 18, 2013 11:42 AM

Aug 2013
SoScary said:

some crazy shit will happen right after this scene next week :d
good episode anyway, though they decided to skip few scene.

She's completely chained down, so she can't move.
Aug 18, 2013 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
It's really obvious who the female titan is, but I don't even care about that.
What I care more about is her reason behind chasing Eren and how she turned into a Titan in the first place.

This episode was executed nicely. The ending definitely caught me off guard with the sneak attack. It got me really pumped for next week's episode, which to me, shows how well-written the show is.
Aug 18, 2013 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
I'm so happy I downloaded the SNK soundtrack because it's so good.

Man the next episode is going to break my heart :( Idk why people are complaining about how slow it is. I think the anime is following the manga quiet well (kind of perfectly actually lol).
Aug 18, 2013 12:25 PM
Jul 2013
Flashback was ok, but that part with the spoon didnt make any sense =')
Im curious if they will find out whos inside this titan, I have the feeling that she will esape somehow.
Aug 18, 2013 12:26 PM

Jul 2013
Perfect...
Spoon...
Female titan's finally been defeated.(Got caught)
Mad scientist wearing glasses went mad...again...
ArchmenOct 16, 2013 8:07 AM
Aug 18, 2013 12:39 PM
Feb 2013
Finally, Annie got caught.
Aug 18, 2013 12:41 PM

Apr 2010
kademelien said:
CandyRat said:
Stark700 said:
Thritraius said:
Stark700 said:
Does anyone know the name of the OST played during the chase scene during the second half of the episode?

I think the one you're talking about is bauklötze?

This one?

I need to rewatch again to confirm but I think you might be right.

What is up with this anime's obsession with German soundtracks?
This was epic though, even the flashback.

I am German and have no idea what she sings (in the episode I didn't even realize it was German...) Same goes with the second opening...
Still a pretty nice and sweet song

I've been wanting to drop this show for about 5 episodes now...

BUT THE GODDAMN MUSIC KEEPS PULLING ME BACK! GODDAMMIT HIROYUKI SAWANO WHY YOU GOTTA MAKE AWESOME MUSIC FOR AVERAGE SHOWS LIKE THIS & GUILTY CROWN?!?!

FUCK! That German girl in the cover was waaaay better than the actual show's singer! Holy shit!
Aug 18, 2013 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
Pati-Senpai said:

Who drew this?
Style seems like redjuice.

EDIT: Silly me. It says redjuice on the corner. -_-
Aug 18, 2013 12:56 PM

Apr 2009
Levi when he protected Eren...
Aug 18, 2013 12:58 PM
Jun 2013
Raiden_ said:
lulz

Better that than this. A rare derp animation from WIT, I had to laugh, especially since it's Levi.

Moderator Edit: Huge Image
Suzune-chanAug 18, 2013 7:59 PM
Aug 18, 2013 12:59 PM

May 2012
omg i want to know whos inside the ft desperately
Aug 18, 2013 1:23 PM
Jun 2013
Jotaro_Kujo said:
Just read somewhere that IG Productions lent some animators to WIT which accounted for the improved animation in the previous episodes, but are now supposedly withdrawing them in preparation for the upcoming fall season. Anyone know anything about this? Because I have no idea. I'm kinda worried if the animation takes a hit during the crucial part of the arc.

u got the source for that? I'd want to read more about this.
Aug 18, 2013 1:26 PM

Dec 2012
So far, episode 17,18, and 19 are awesome. Those scenes have to be posted

LET THE GIFS BEGIN!!!
SOExclusiveAug 18, 2013 1:41 PM
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Aug 18, 2013 1:34 PM

May 2011
God damn so they were just acting as bait the whole time. That was a legit nice trap.
Aug 18, 2013 1:37 PM
Manga Moderator
🖤🖤🖤

Sep 2012
arimpact said:
Always wondered, what happens if his goal is to take a piss and transforms in the middle of it. Does he stop pissing since his dick disappears?

Um..he still has to injure himself beforehand. His injures are cured once he gets out of his titan form. Also Eren now knows the triggers to becoming a titan involves a clear goal, so I don't think that would happen as easily as you're probably imagining.

thanks to my lovely Secret Elf Santa
for the forum set~
(*’∀’人)♥
Aug 18, 2013 1:47 PM

Oct 2011
Wow dat spoon played a big role on how Eren needs a goal in order to transform. OMG dat barrage of spear like needles when they caught the female titan!!!
Aug 18, 2013 1:53 PM

Mar 2011
redd530 said:
Pati-Senpai said:

Who drew this?
Style seems like redjuice.

EDIT: Silly me. It says redjuice on the corner. -_-
Lol yeah. When I saw it I thought, "Woah! The reminds me of redjuice!!!" and then I looked at the cornor and facepalmed.

I love redjuice <3
Aug 18, 2013 1:56 PM

Sep 2011
Good, kinda slow but still pretty good.

Anybody know if this is going to get another season?

Because with the pace we are getting this will end with the
(manga spoilers)
sakaAug 18, 2013 2:31 PM
Aug 18, 2013 1:58 PM

Aug 2012
oharujyaku said:
Accomplished on this episode

• Character development: Eren
  • Character development: Levi Squad
  • Plot development: Eren's titan transformation
  • Plot development: Female titan captured

So yes, this episode accomplished a lot.

Anyway, I find this MAD about the Special Op squad cute, watch this

Ahahahaha that video just made my day
sakaAug 18, 2013 2:30 PM
Aug 18, 2013 1:59 PM

Mar 2011
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Good, kinda slow but still pretty good.

Anybody know if this is going to get another season?

Because with the pace we are getting this will end with the
(manga spoilers)
Probably after 2 or so years. ;A;
sakaAug 18, 2013 2:32 PM
Aug 18, 2013 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
GomiNoUmi said:
Mich666 said:

I am really starting to worry cause this waiting is desperate and it becomes boring as more and more questions arise. Beacause in fact, there is hardly any plot to this anime (you can sum up everything into several sentences) and most scenes consists either of main heroes' despair or any character's talking and wondering about origin, behavior and purpose of titans but at the same time they never get any satisfactory answers to their questions.

This really has to be The Lost of anime industry.
Aug 18, 2013 2:37 PM

Feb 2009
Mich666 said:
GomiNoUmi said:
Mich666 said:

I am really starting to worry cause this waiting is desperate and it becomes boring as more and more questions arise. Beacause in fact, there is hardly any plot to this anime (you can sum up everything into several sentences) and most scenes consists either of main heroes' despair or any character's talking and wondering about origin, behavior and purpose of titans but at the same time they never get any satisfactory answers to their questions.

This really has to be The Lost of anime industry.

It's only LOST if they do a total cop-out ending and ignore that no answers were ever given to the mysteries. There certainly hasn't been much in the way of explanations yet, but it doesn't mean it's never coming. If it gets to 100+ chapters without explaining anything, then I think it's time to drop it.
Aug 18, 2013 2:57 PM

May 2011
egnaro315 said:
Raiden_ said:
lulz

Imo, this is one of the best ways to save money.

well, they don't need to save money after doing that hard work till now ~

Chu2byou said:

SnK will be fucken boring if the studio give that more than 25 episode, it's not a long shonen, you'll find a huge drop in quality and a lot if shitty service and tons of creepy fillers so it's fin to has only 25 episode

KaiserNazrin said:
Chu2byou said:

Dude, if it have 80 episodes, the animation quality will be as great as Naruto during the filler. The FT arc is the last arc in the anime so don't bother complained that it take time because there's nothing afterward.

that's what i meant , QFT

SilentSympathy said:
Finally, some progress!

And this:
ecko91 said:

where's the progress in what happened ? the episode was a flash back, there's nothing happened this time...

RazorRamona200 said:
Finally,
got caught.

first of all, hide the name to not spoil people :) and secondly she didn't get caught yet
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.