Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 6, 2013 7:46 PM

Nov 2008
Ive been wondering that for a while now, we got 1 chapter and its taking forever for the next one to come out?

Im also wondering when chapter 31 is coming out?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 7, 2013 7:12 AM

Sep 2009
Maybe, there isn't really a news of the manga being hiatus again but it would be awesome if the manga would be released normally like before
Aug 7, 2013 9:32 AM
Mar 2011
There's a rumor that the translators have dropped it.
Aug 8, 2013 1:25 AM

Apr 2013
i gave up on this manga , first they release us a chapter getting our hopes up for more THEN POOF hiatus.
Aug 17, 2013 3:01 AM
Sep 2007
I don't think any new chapters came out, with how popular this manga is, a bunch of groups would chomp, at the chance to scan it. There is no way in hell, this wouldn't get scanned.
Hi
Aug 17, 2013 3:59 AM

Apr 2013
I was told awhile ago that the mangaka dropped this to keep working on his autho series "Triage" (sorry if misspelled) or he's busy with it.
Aug 17, 2013 4:02 AM

Jan 2013
Author doesn't want to do it anymore.

I assume someone is strong-arming him into it due to its popularity now that Zombies are mainstream.
Aug 17, 2013 4:02 AM

Apr 2013
HollowIchigo58 said:
Ive been wondering that for a while now, we got 1 chapter and its taking forever for the next one to come out?

Im also wondering when chapter 31 is coming out?

http://hotdead.blogspot.de/2013/04/hotd-not-returning-next-month.html?m=1
Aug 17, 2013 4:03 AM

Apr 2013
SolviteSekai said:

I assume someone is strong-arming him into it due to its popularity now that Zombies are mainstream.

Will he discontinue the series ?
Aug 17, 2013 4:07 AM

Jan 2013
EuphoricVibes said:
SolviteSekai said:

No idea, my comment was just my personal speculation.

I mean he clearly had moved on and wasn't interested in HSOTD anymore, then the anime blew up and got hyped due to Zombies being the "thing" now.

Anyways, I wasn't surprised to see him "come off hiatus" given that Madhouse or whoever had announced a second season of the anime (baffling I know).

I assume he decided to give it a try and wasn't feeling it.

Artistically its hard to give it your all just for money. He probably just doesn't have any inspiration to finish the series.

Personally I was fine with the end of the first anime season. They decided they wanted to be together, then rode off into the sunset.
Aug 17, 2013 4:17 AM

Apr 2013
SolviteSekai said:
EuphoricVibes said:
SolviteSekai said:

I mean he clearly had moved on and wasn't interested in HSOTD anymore, then the anime blew up and got hyped due to Zombies being the "thing" now.

Anyways, I wasn't surprised to see him "come off hiatus" given that Madhouse or whoever had announced a second season of the anime (baffling I know).

Artistically its hard to give it your all just for money. He probably just doesn't have any inspiration to finish the series.

Personally I was fine with the end of the first anime season. They decided they wanted to be together, then rode off into the sunset.

I understand And respect that if its his choice
And yea the whole zombie thing is really in now. I mean take away the crazy fan services you know which isn't bad (funny at times) it was a pretty cool anime , the ending was legit too no cliff hanger or anything, I just though it'd be kinda cool if they did a continuation. Anyways hope to see another zombie anime come up in the near future.
Aug 19, 2013 8:50 PM

Feb 2012
SolviteSekai said:
EuphoricVibes said:
SolviteSekai said:

where did they ever mention making a second season? I haven't heard any news on that, do you have a link?
Aug 19, 2013 8:53 PM

Dec 2009
Wait... that asshole of an author is taking a break or is dropping it completely? How dare he!
Don't fucking start writing it then if your not going to continue ... man some authors are fucking.... like Orange.
Aug 20, 2013 2:46 PM

Jan 2010
I doubt it would be dropped. But it is odd that there has not been any word on the next chapter.
Aug 20, 2013 4:08 PM

Nov 2008
waalex11 said:
Wait... that asshole of an author is taking a break or is dropping it completely? How dare he!
Don't fucking start writing it then if your not going to continue ... man some authors are fucking.... like Orange.
I know this guy is starting to piss me off like the auther of Infinite Stratos.
Aug 23, 2013 10:04 AM

Nov 2012
Alright folks, after WEEKS of intense investigation, convincing, pleading, smooth talking, and talking to "people who know people" in Japan...I'd like to clear things up about the situation of H.O.T.D. From the past 2 years, now, and the forseeable future:

-The reason for the manga's 2 year Hiatus was for 2 reasons: 1. Writer Daisuke Sato had a heart disease that required alot of treatment, surgery, and recovery. 2: Because of the earthquake that happened in Japan, he didn't think an apocalypse story was appropriate to continue at the time until Japan recovered from it.

-During those 2 years, Daisuke and Shouji were VERY surprised to find out that H.O.T.D. had become so popular worldwide.

-The purpose to release Chapter 30 was for multiple reasons: To get the Satos back to work on the story, to see if the manga was still popular, and finally to let fans know that they haven't forgotten about it.

-On May, Daisuke started preparing rough drafts for chapters 31 and beyond and throughout this summer he will be working on finalizing on where the story will go, and research in terms of locations, military, weapons, and vehicles...As stated last year at the anime convention in Germany.

-Shouji went back to work on Fire Fire Fire: Black Sword to make himself get used to working on multiple stories. Plus he had a desire to go back to that story anyway.

-Sales for Chapter 30 when it was released digitally were going "surprisingly well for a single chapter" and that future chapters WILL be released on the same day in both the US and Japan.

-The Japanese Publisher Kadokawa is currently deciding if they want to release a chapter of Triage X and H.O.T.D. at the same time or a bi-monthly pattern.

-The next chapters of H.O.T.D. are VERY crucial on deciding if the series will end with an 8th Volume or continue when they go on sale. If you American H.O.T.D. fans don't buy digital copies they'll take it as a sign of losing interest and the series will end prematurely...So don't go bitching and whining if that does happen. It'll be your fault for not supporting the creators.

So there you have it, alot of hard work and contacting the righ

Credit to Joey Senna McRae for gathering all this info.

source:http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=577033532348809&id=119168144802019
Cheers,
CrossRyuu
Aug 23, 2013 7:26 PM

Apr 2012
^ Thank you! That cleared up any questions that I still had!
Aug 24, 2013 11:24 PM

Nov 2008
CrossRyuu said:
Alright folks, after WEEKS of intense investigation, convincing, pleading, smooth talking, and talking to "people who know people" in Japan...I'd like to clear things up about the situation of H.O.T.D. From the past 2 years, now, and the forseeable future:

-The reason for the manga's 2 year Hiatus was for 2 reasons: 1. Writer Daisuke Sato had a heart disease that required alot of treatment, surgery, and recovery. 2: Because of the earthquake that happened in Japan, he didn't think an apocalypse story was appropriate to continue at the time until Japan recovered from it.

-During those 2 years, Daisuke and Shouji were VERY surprised to find out that H.O.T.D. had become so popular worldwide.

-The purpose to release Chapter 30 was for multiple reasons: To get the Satos back to work on the story, to see if the manga was still popular, and finally to let fans know that they haven't forgotten about it.

-On May, Daisuke started preparing rough drafts for chapters 31 and beyond and throughout this summer he will be working on finalizing on where the story will go, and research in terms of locations, military, weapons, and vehicles...As stated last year at the anime convention in Germany.

-Shouji went back to work on Fire Fire Fire: Black Sword to make himself get used to working on multiple stories. Plus he had a desire to go back to that story anyway.

-Sales for Chapter 30 when it was released digitally were going "surprisingly well for a single chapter" and that future chapters WILL be released on the same day in both the US and Japan.

-The Japanese Publisher Kadokawa is currently deciding if they want to release a chapter of Triage X and H.O.T.D. at the same time or a bi-monthly pattern.

-The next chapters of H.O.T.D. are VERY crucial on deciding if the series will end with an 8th Volume or continue when they go on sale. If you American H.O.T.D. fans don't buy digital copies they'll take it as a sign of losing interest and the series will end prematurely...So don't go bitching and whining if that does happen. It'll be your fault for not supporting the creators.

source:http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=577033532348809&id=119168144802019
Oh thank you that's all information that I need. So there's no news about future chapters right?
Aug 31, 2013 4:02 AM

Apr 2013
CrossRyuu said:

Props for this ^ hopefully those chapters get realesed soon.
Sep 6, 2013 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
Well. If its truly up to American sales (which seems really...odd) then I guess I'll have to start buying my first manga series.
[url][/url]
Sep 7, 2013 9:57 PM

Aug 2013
Man its taking ages for the next manga chapter(31)to be coming out this is really unsatisfying:(
AqUar!An
Oct 5, 2013 6:34 AM

Dec 2008
31 better come out eventually.
I still haven't had my Rika x Shizuka reunion! Which is obviously HOTD OTP! D:<
Oct 11, 2013 5:45 AM

Jan 2013
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1381906_3477034462664_708088278_n.jpg

This guy is the dude who posted the thing on the HSOTD facebook page.

Seems like a real insider.
Nov 3, 2013 10:32 PM

Apr 2013
still not understanding what was the point of releasing 30 if you were gonna go back on hiatus.............

really wish the mangaka or someone could give us some legitimate news not just rumors spreaded around forums.

If he's gonna abandon the series at least let his readers know.
Dec 18, 2013 3:24 PM

Jun 2012
Wait a moment wasn't a second season confirmed for 2014!? How come is this manga on hiatus since 2011? Are they going to adapt few volumes(less than the first season) to the second season, this might drag the pace out, what is the mangaka thinking? Even Shingeki has more material for a sequel and they are waiting for more to be released before a second season(I suppose).
Dec 18, 2013 3:28 PM

Jun 2013
I guess they just gave up on this.One chapter came out and they are on "hiatus" again.Hope I'm wrong and they get back on this.
Jan 13, 2014 1:31 AM

Dec 2009
You know what sucks?
That a lot of mangakas don't make FUCKING ANNOUNCEMENTS about their plans!

At least they should write on their site/blog that they "got the inspiration to draw other manga"/"lost the drive to continue this manga for the moment"/"not sure if I'll finish the manga as I don't have any more ideas regarding the subject"/"I'm abandoning this manga 'cause I lost the interest and motivation I had at the beginning"/etc...

If one doesn't give a shit about his/her followers - s/he's gonna lose them!

P.S.: Can somebody (living in Japan), call that fucker or at least send him a letter asking about the manga?
Jan 25, 2014 11:00 PM

Oct 2013
This whole manga/anime is a big fucking mess. I love HOTD but the series is dying because of the bullshit continuality issues. We never even got the second season for the anime, and the manga is still being released in the worst pattern: long hiatus...BACK AGAIN!...long hiatus...BACK AGAIN!

It's a damn shame to see this series slowly die and rot in the worst way. :(
Jan 26, 2014 11:04 PM

Feb 2013
I wish the mangaka would at least let us know what he's doing with the series.
Jan 29, 2014 7:22 AM

Dec 2013
A_Fat_Man said:
I wish the mangaka would at least let us know what he's doing with the series.

Well not to be a cynic, but so long as the fans actually buy his stuff, then he'll know how popular his series is, hence more materials.

Admittedly I only picked up the series yesterday and already I've gone through the entire 30 chapters available as well as the anime. This series is damn good and I can only hope that my message gets through to the mangaka somehow.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 7, 2014 12:27 AM

Jan 2011
The lack of communication between author and fans is disrespectful. Without fans you don't make money in your trade. But I'm about to through in the hope towel on this one.

Why support someone who doesn't care enough to give you a "btw" periodically. Just my opinion.
Mar 8, 2014 12:15 PM

Jan 2010
They should make an anime adaptation of what's releases and give it it's own anime only ending m these guys only care about their hentai projects anyway.
Mar 22, 2014 10:01 PM

Feb 2013
Just finished my the second volume full color edition and it literally has 2 thirds of the content the first one has and then its filled with fan service pictures from this and Triage X, why did they not just release it when he had wrote more they could work with rather than advertise his other stuff o.O
Apr 6, 2014 8:52 AM

Oct 2013
AqueousNucleus said:
Just finished my the second volume full color edition and it literally has 2 thirds of the content the first one has and then its filled with fan service pictures from this and Triage X, why did they not just release it when he had wrote more they could work with rather than advertise his other stuff o.O

Because it has been a full year since they have made another chapter and at this rate Highschool of the Dead will never be completed. It's better to release most of the chapters in colour than wait 4 years for 4 more chapters to complete the omnibus properly.

I'm hoping that they're just waiting for Triage X to finish and then when they can commit 100% they will pick this series back up. That the reason they're taking this second hiatus is because it was too much of a pain to do chapter 30 while Shouji was doing Triage X at the same time.
Apr 22, 2014 4:05 PM
Jan 2013
Just bought the anime on a recommendation from a friend. Enjoyed the show. Good animation, if nothing else, but I was disappointed by the lack of an end. It also seems like nothing has been said for a year at this point.

I don't suppose anyone knows anything?
Apr 26, 2014 4:04 AM
Dec 2013
Can't believe that after this long there's still no actual news on whether or not this will be continuing. I know that mangaka don't owe anything to their fans (say what you will about them "needing" us, they still have the right to do what makes them happy), it would at least be considered common courtesy to let fans know whether or not there is any hope of this series continuing. I love the manga and the anime, and feel like I'm constantly checking for updates only to be disappointed. I don't know how they expect to see what kind of demand there really is if all they do is force fans to speculate about the future of the series and never put anything out there for us to put our money towards.
May 9, 2014 2:22 PM

May 2013
At this point, I may as well put HOTD as a "completed manga" on my list, seeing as though another chapter seems like a miracle. Maybe Shouji wants to finish Triage X first, but at least say so.
May 12, 2014 6:03 PM

Feb 2013
shawnofthedeadz said:

I'm hoping that they're just waiting for Triage X to finish and then when they can commit 100% they will pick this series back up. That the reason they're taking this second hiatus is because it was too much of a pain to do chapter 30 while Shouji was doing Triage X at the same time.

I really hope so but i would have thought Shouji would have at least said something about it.Sigh, looks like its back to 'I am a hero' for now then.
May 22, 2014 4:35 AM

Oct 2013
Sad thing about this is that one of my manga reading friends is defending this guy for taking so long to release his HOTD chapters. Whatever! He could as LEAST notify people what's going on. My friend keeps saying the same nonsense over and over: "Oh give him a break he has to work on his other stuff so leave him alone blah blah blah". Yeah ok, sure...

Also, who cares about Triage X? I read all the chapters that are online before the series was licensed and it was ok. Defiantly not better or as successful as HOTD though. Why focus on that series more?
Mr_HayabusaMay 22, 2014 4:41 AM
May 24, 2014 9:37 PM

Feb 2013
KaniowskiKun101 said:
My friend keeps saying the same nonsense over and over: "Oh give him a break he has to work on his other stuff so leave him alone blah blah blah". Yeah ok, sure...

Also, who cares about Triage X? I read all the chapters that are online before the series was licensed and it was ok. Defiantly not better or as successful as HOTD though. Why focus on that series more?

I agree with you, unless he's writing full novels or working a normal job the writer doesn't seem to be doing anything right now. But with triage X whilst it wasn't as good it really did seem that they were enjoying themselves with it and with it being profitable the artist must just want to do that more right now. Id rather him enjoy himself then come back and draw when he's happy drawing than him rushing the chapters for HOTD. I do agree though they should both tell us whats going on its been well over a year now since the last chapter.
Jun 13, 2014 9:09 PM
Mar 2013
CrossRyuu said:

You know what i think, I think its better that Both daisuke and Satou should give a rushed conclusion to the HOTD manga series when they come back to it and make it as the 8th and "final" volume of the series So that Satou shouji will focus on the other series Triage X which has more fan service and no zombies but more violence that will be suitable for him.Why because its possible that HOTD no longer popular because japan are not interested in zombies and too much fan service (the latter is my opinion) especially when they are not interested in it.Maybe its for the best that both daisuke and satou will finish HOTD and give it a rushed ending so that satour will focus on Triage X and if not maybe a Sexy seinen manga
johnknight648Jun 14, 2014 6:26 AM
Jul 3, 2014 11:10 AM

Nov 2012
You know what i think, I think its better that Both daisuke and Satou should give a rushed conclusion to the HOTD manga series when they come back to it and make it as the 8th and "final" volume of the series So that Satou shouji will focus on the other series Triage X which has more fan service and no zombies but more violence that will be suitable for him.Why because its possible that HOTD no longer popular because japan are not interested in zombies and too much fan service (the latter is my opinion) especially when they are not interested in it.Maybe its for the best that both daisuke and satou will finish HOTD and give it a rushed ending so that satour will focus on Triage X and if not maybe a Sexy seinen manga[/quote]

i think that would be a better idea rather than make us wait it being discontinued forever
Cheers,
CrossRyuu
Jul 6, 2014 3:47 PM

Feb 2013
To be honest at this point i don't care what they do, i just wish they would tell us whats going on rather than leaving us sat wondering if we're ever gonna get more.
Jul 6, 2014 3:48 PM

Jan 2013
give this up. its over.
Oct 12, 2014 4:23 PM

Feb 2008
Well, I just hope it doesn't turn out like the dismal situation with Ken Miura and his manga Berserk.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Oct 12, 2014 4:25 PM

Sep 2013
Was this even back on in the first place?
Oct 12, 2014 4:30 PM

Dec 2012
This series is pretty much dead
Oct 16, 2014 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
Objurgo said:

High School of the Dead is quite "dead"

:(
Oct 16, 2014 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
KaniowskiKun101 said:
Objurgo said:

High School of the Dead is quite "dead"

:(

The puns, they burn!
Nov 2, 2014 11:54 AM

Oct 2013
*cries in a corner with face pressed against Saeko pillow*
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 30 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rookiestalker - Apr 9, 2013

85 by bakakisima »»
Dec 31, 2023 7:32 AM

» Miyamoto, Rei feelings towards Takashi ?

kelfounet - Jun 19, 2010

41 by MASTERCRAFT938 »»
Aug 28, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 20 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

19 by maiestas_ »»
Aug 16, 2023 6:20 AM

» High School of the Dead is officially cancelled, according to the artist of the series.

deg - Dec 9, 2018

40 by JediPadawan2001 »»
Aug 5, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 33 Discussion

Syureria - Sep 25, 2018

1 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Jul 7, 2023 3:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.