Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Party: Blood Covered
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 23, 2013 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay, it's out

It's over 50 minutes (all of them combined I think since that's the version I watched) which is longer than I thought and beginning was brutal. Yup, shit already going down. The OP song is okay I guess. Some secrets revealed and dat terrifying look. I expected deaths and blood though so I wasn't surprised. The animation is pretty smooth and I liked the OST. I'm not sure how well this was adapted though since I haven't played the game yet but I think it was an okay watch; nothing earth shattering though..

Be afraid~
Stark700Aug 13, 2013 10:28 PM
Jul 23, 2013 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
Stark700 said:
It's over 50 minutes (all of them combined I think since that's the version I watched)

It's more closer to two hours. Each episode about 30 mins each with 4 total.

Overall, it was a nice watch. They certainly made up for the crappy OVA. Having played the game myself,

Glad they animated Seiko's infamous "Butter up her pooper" scene. Always gets me everytime.
Jul 23, 2013 2:25 PM

Nov 2011
Ah I see, I thought it was an hour since there was only one video at the time. I found the 2nd video now as well. Thanks for the heads up :>

Edit: I just realized how epic the OST that fits this.
Jul 23, 2013 6:39 PM

Nov 2009
Elite60 said:
Stark700 said:
It's over 50 minutes (all of them combined I think since that's the version I watched)

It's more closer to two hours. Each episode about 30 mins each with 4 total.

Overall, it was a nice watch. They certainly made up for the crappy OVA. Having played the game myself,

Glad they animated Seiko's infamous "Butter up her pooper" scene. Always gets me everytime.

Question: Is the story in OVAs already "finished" or it will continue in another OVA later?

About in your spoiler
Marina2Jul 23, 2013 6:47 PM
Jul 24, 2013 2:37 AM
Mar 2012
Marina2 said:

Question: Is the story in OVAs already "finished" or it will continue in another OVA later?

About in your spoiler

The story in this OVA covered the 1st game (Corpse Party Blood Covered) story completely so it's considered "finished", they changed some parts of the story though.

The ending is anime original ending, though it is still possible to make a sequel OVA based on the 2nd game (Corpse Party Book of Shadows) since the survivors on this OVA are also the only characters that are relevant in the 2nd game. In fact, the epilogue after the credits is similar to the 2nd game prologue.

Though I wonder if they can continue making OVA based on the 3rd game (Corpse Party Blood Drive) which is yet to be released after this.
melina_putriJul 24, 2013 4:04 AM
Jul 24, 2013 3:39 AM

Feb 2010
Jul 24, 2013 4:05 PM

May 2013
I wan't to watch sub now!!! I wan't now!
Jul 24, 2013 4:23 PM
Nov 2012

This was FUCKING BRUTAL! I gave it 10 because even if you played the games, you don't expect that ending, I hate that ending, but i love it O.o Is just unbelieveable. I hope they animate Book of Shadows and Blood Drive.
Jul 24, 2013 9:23 PM

Jun 2009
wow what an outcome love it kreeps me out from time too time :D
Jul 25, 2013 12:25 AM
Dec 2012
Was hoping for them to do the real ending but oh well.
This is still nice though and pretty brutal if I say so myself.

Still hoping though they animate book of shadows though.
Jul 25, 2013 1:23 AM

Feb 2010
So... does that mean Satoshi is just bleeding to death in heavenly host then :-o. I'd like if they made a proper series that went into more depth and allowed you to absorb the horror of the situation more mwahahaha. See more of the Byakuden students as well would be great.

One that follows the games true ending.

Where Satoshi didn't die damnit! :-( :'(
Jul 25, 2013 4:32 AM

Feb 2011
They went heavy with the splatter scenes, however, I think it's better adaptation of the manga.
Jul 25, 2013 8:16 PM

May 2009
This anime was my most anticipated video game anime, and it exceeded my expectations. Though I was devastated at the end, but I still really enjoyed it.
Jul 26, 2013 2:03 PM
Mar 2009
I've only currently seen 2 episodes out of the 4.
and only thing I have to say is.

Jul 26, 2013 8:24 PM

Apr 2010
Still no sub?
Jul 26, 2013 11:37 PM

May 2013
Tamura said:
Still no sub?

IDK :(

I'm waiting to see as well.
Jul 27, 2013 2:11 AM

Jul 2013
Dawn icant for subs!
Jul 27, 2013 2:44 AM

Aug 2009
what the hell with the ending..... so disappointing -_-
Jul 27, 2013 3:03 AM

Jul 2013
the ending

Jul 27, 2013 8:45 AM
Apr 2012
HD RAW? where can I find?
Jul 27, 2013 10:57 PM
Nov 2012
Yuuta_Chuuni said:
HD RAW? where can I find?

Check animefave.com or just serach in google CP: TS Raw
Jul 28, 2013 7:05 AM

Mar 2010
Nobody gonna sub it ?! wtf.. how selfish -.-
Jul 28, 2013 8:57 AM
Aug 2010
Shion05 said:

The HD version is still not out yet.
Jul 29, 2013 2:35 AM

May 2011
This was an interesting watch. :) I liked how all of the OST was straight out of Book of Shadows, as well as the school design, though I guess that only makes sense.

VokocaJul 29, 2013 3:13 AM
Jul 29, 2013 9:38 PM

May 2013
x15 said:
Shion05 said:

The HD version is still not out yet.

Why does the HD version have to be out to sub it???
Jul 30, 2013 3:24 AM

Sep 2011
Oh man, what a rushed adaption this one was.

Anyways, what I enjoyed is how the gore was over-the-top quality. What really bothered me is how they really didn't catch the mood from games, despite how I watched in the night.
6/10
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jul 30, 2013 7:29 AM
Aug 2010
Rukaliini said:
Oh man, what a rushed adaption this one was.

Anyways, what I enjoyed is how the gore was over-the-top quality. What really bothered me is how they really didn't catch the mood from games, despite how I watched in the night.
6/10

I still didn't watched it but I had seen some clubs from the show. As I heard the adopting were not from the game or manga itself but what I am real happy with is that the OST is the same as the game which is EPIC.

But don't you think that the 6 out of 10 is not fair because of the adopting ?
Jul 30, 2013 7:49 PM
Mar 2009
Shion05 said:

Someone's currently subbing it.
Memories of Fear may also sub it.

It probably won't be long.
Jul 31, 2013 8:12 AM

Oct 2010
Meh, they went with original anime ending. Not bad I guess, better then manga but still inferior to the game.
Jul 31, 2013 9:49 PM

May 2013
VCH said:
Shion05 said:

Someone's currently subbing it.
Memories of Fear may also sub it.

It probably won't be long.

Both are subbing ATM
Aug 2, 2013 11:03 PM

May 2013
Memories of Fear will have the first episode out mid august. Way too long. Don't even know about Asenshi anymore, they say on there website that it is ongoing. I don't even wan't the releases where you have to download anything. I just wan't to be able to watch it on a website.
Aug 2, 2013 11:36 PM
Mar 2013
HandSonicvI said:
Memories of Fear will have the first episode out mid august. Way too long. Don't even know about Asenshi anymore, they say on there website that it is ongoing. I don't even wan't the releases where you have to download anything. I just wan't to be able to watch it on a website.

Was reading the comments on the post at Asenshi and they seem to be having someone going to translate it soonish. *hopeful*
Aug 3, 2013 3:09 AM
Mar 2012
Nice to see Corpse Party again, and to be honest, I was surprised they didn't censor the gore and I'm glad they didn't. So far, the OVA is more accurate than I expected, hopefully this will keep up~

Aug 4, 2013 12:58 AM

Jun 2008
Can somebody explain about Satoshi's death?

Visit our website at http://www.animeotakucorner.com
Aug 4, 2013 2:30 AM

Apr 2008
etchel said:
Can somebody explain about Satoshi's death?

To leave Heavenly Host Elementary, You need to have a piece of the "Sachiko Ever After" Charm/Paper that was (indirectly) used upon entering and perform the ceremony accordingly. (According to the original game's mechanics)

Unfortunately for Satoshi, he believed that he had Yuka's piece when it actually belonged to Kizami's. And well..... you can connect the dots....

All I can say is. WHAT AN EPICALLY BRUTAL BAD END ROUTE!!!!! O.O

I'm guessing that there might be a new release of this saga depicting a different route. *fingers crossed*
Aug 4, 2013 8:40 AM

Jun 2008
Yea I know that but does that literally mean that you can't use any others paper scrap ?

Aug 4, 2013 9:03 AM

Sep 2011
x15 said:
I still didn't watched it but I had seen some clubs from the show. As I heard the adopting were not from the game or manga itself but what I am real happy with is that the OST is the same as the game which is EPIC.

But don't you think that the 6 out of 10 is not fair because of the adopting ?

Naw, it's not all about the adapting and stuff like that. I really like it when adaptions adapt stuff from the material + make own stuff up, but in this one the scenes were kinda random and more funny than scary. Also, it's the pacing how they did it. It just annoyed me to no end how they just shuffled stuff randomly through episodes, and it felt like nothing was explained.
For me, CP is all 'bout the horror, story and characters. However, since the adaption was rushed too much, the characters didn't shine that much (expect for Seikoooo my baby), and didn't either have that many awesome moments.

etchel said:
Yea I know that but does that literally mean that you can't use any others paper scrap ?

Pretty much, but didn't Naomi also use someone others scrap? If so, then it must be that it needs to be a paper scrap from someone who performed the charm with you, I guess? (simply from the same school)
RukaliiniAug 4, 2013 9:06 AM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Aug 4, 2013 11:52 AM

Apr 2008
Rukaliini said:
etchel said:

Pretty much, but didn't Naomi also use someone others scrap? If so, then it must be that it needs to be a paper scrap from someone who performed the charm with you, I guess? (simply from the same school)

Re-Iterating: You need to have a piece of the "Sachiko Ever After" Charm/Paper that was (indirectly) used upon entering. It doesn't necessarily mean that it HAS to be your own piece from the ceremony. (Although the effects of doing that is debatable)

And the sad thing was, when Satoshi noticed that Naomi had taken a scrap from another student's corpse, in the end he gave his piece of scrap to Naomi... and used Yuka's "apparent" piece... (ie: Kizami's scrap)
how tragic...

In the end, Ayumi was gonna survive no matter what, and either Satoshi or Naomi was guaranteed to die...
Aug 4, 2013 12:17 PM
Aug 2010
Kazejimonji said:
Rukaliini said:
etchel said:

Re-Iterating: You need to have a piece of the "Sachiko Ever After" Charm/Paper that was (indirectly) used upon entering. It doesn't necessarily mean that it HAS to be your own piece from the ceremony. (Although the effects of doing that is debatable)

And the sad thing was, when Satoshi noticed that Naomi had taken a scrap from another student's corpse, in the end he gave his piece of scrap to Naomi... and used Yuka's "apparent" piece... (ie: Kizami's scrap)
how tragic...

In the end, Ayumi was gonna survive no matter what, and either Satoshi or Naomi was guaranteed to die...

What he said about the paper it is true, then what is the point during the end of the ep 4 ( during the transfer to another world) you see for Kizami's ID.
Aug 4, 2013 9:58 PM

Jun 2008
So now I get it. It should be the paper scrap from the sachiko ceremony that you guys did..

Aug 9, 2013 11:56 PM

Feb 2012
HOW DID YOU PEOPLE WATCH IT. SUBS? RAW? I WANT SUBSSSSSSSSS

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Aug 11, 2013 4:44 AM

May 2010
If anyone wants bdrip, ep1 is on nyaa.
Aug 11, 2013 5:33 AM

Mar 2012
HandSonicvI said:

I want to watch the subbed as well, but the site that had it only had the first ten minutes at most subbed an the rest of the first episode wasn't subbed. where the heck are people watching this ova cause i can't find a complete sub anywhere.
Aug 11, 2013 2:27 PM

May 2013
silentlildreamer said:
HandSonicvI said:

I want to watch the subbed as well, but the site that had it only had the first ten minutes at most subbed an the rest of the first episode wasn't subbed. where the heck are people watching this ova cause i can't find a complete sub anywhere.

They're downloading it and stuffs. I don't like to do that kinda thing so I'm waiting for a website to have them up.
Aug 11, 2013 3:02 PM

Dec 2012
Wow! I never thought they would release it! And now it's finally subbed!

They are cutting many things short it seems, but that's cuz they only have 4 episodes. It also seems to follow the game a bit more than the manga does, but I already miss the thoughts that Kishinuma has for Shinozaki in the manga!

Still looks like they put thought into the changes! I can't wait to watch the rest!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Aug 12, 2013 10:35 AM

May 2013
Can't wait for the next one to come out.
Aug 12, 2013 12:09 PM
Nov 2012
im kinda confused iv only seen ep.1 so far does this mean eps 2-4 have been released and subbed and i have to watch it on a different site p.s. i use animeultima

Aug 12, 2013 12:53 PM

May 2013
MbrzBlade said:
im kinda confused iv only seen ep.1 so far does this mean eps 2-4 have been released and subbed and i have to watch it on a different site p.s. i use animeultima

I haven't checked lately for the subs, maybe checked 2 days ago, but as far as I know, animefave had raw but then had subbed incomplete for ep 1 for some odd reason. There are many downloadable subbed versions but i hate those so i watch anime on sites. Ep 1 subbed was on youtu e for a little but got taken down.
Aug 12, 2013 1:41 PM

Aug 2011
Ehh, I'm a little disappointed, as a big fan of CP games. The story was incredibly rushed, barely ANYTHING was explained, it just felt like gore, gore and more gore. Which is partly what CP is about, but it's mostly about the story and the characters, which weren't given as much attention to. Character interactions especially. One example is Seiko and Naomi's exchange before Seiko runs off and dies. In the game there was an emotional kick to it, but here it was really lame. I felt nothing. It just felt really random. And the relationship between Yoshiki and Ayumi as well, it's given way more depth in the game than here. I realize that this is only a four episode OVA and it may not have time for all these things, but in that case, why not a full series? Corpse Party can't be explored in just four episodes. Even the scene in the end with Naomi when you realize she actually killed Seiko; I felt nothing here. There wasn't really as much leading up to it (unlike in the game where you had the cameraman run away from her and all when they meet later on).

Well it wasn't bad, it was uncensored which is great because the first OVA was censored and that was really lame. The shock value was good, and the deaths made me cringe. I got annoyed because they killed out my favourite character (;___; NOT YOSHIKI WHY YOSHIKI) but the ending was pretty interesting. If I were to pick a bad ending though, I'd say the loop ending in the game was better than this one.

6/10

I wonder if they'll animate BoS? Because the ending scene is the prologue for that game.
Aug 12, 2013 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
Good first ova
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» why no asmr

batslimeman - Apr 17

3 by puppycham »»
Apr 19, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Washijyazo - Aug 15, 2013

211 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 29, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babymilo91 - Aug 13, 2013

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 29, 2023 9:20 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

omega_d94 - Aug 13, 2013

89 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:50 PM

» Did anyone else find Corpse Party: Tortured Souls scary?

SSJ4ABD - Nov 18, 2021

15 by Fleeting_Dream »»
Oct 23, 2023 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.