Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2013 11:24 PM
Jun 2012
Shit he's dead; How does he stay a main character then. This is bullshit!!!
Jul 20, 2013 11:34 PM

Sep 2012
... and they live happily ever after, the end?

seriously it felt like the final episode T.T

and wow Scar-oneesan is quite strong too eh?
Jul 20, 2013 11:42 PM

Sep 2012
NO! Humpty Hamburger, my favorite character ;_;

I was already getting teary eyed and then he survives, and then he dies again. Stop toying with my heart Madhouse! R.I.P Kizuna Astin

I was already spoiled about his death but it's not until you actually see it does it hit hard. I don't know how I can continue watching this, Ai and Hampnie together was only the reason I watched this

One of my favorite shows this season, Based Madhouse/5 episode
Jul 20, 2013 11:53 PM

Sep 2011
Oh My God. I cried.
I was also spoiled today that Hampnie died so I was so eager to watch this.
I like him so much. This is so sad. And Ai burying his father.. ;A;

Now, the question is why did he die?
pew pew pew
Jul 21, 2013 12:06 AM

Dec 2011
Oh my God. I can't believe Humpnie Kizuna kicks the bucket already... I thought he would be the sidekick for Ai... Sigh, he now belongs to the character list who died early to give the main character a big development.

I just don't see the anime as interesting without him now... I wonder what the next episode will bring. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2013 12:10 AM

Jul 2010
Hampnie is really gone this early? Well shit. I really thought he would be around till near the end. This episode certainly felt like a grand finale.
Jul 21, 2013 12:20 AM

Dec 2011
Wow, Scar is pretty badass. And Ai didn't do a bad job either. But this episode really did feel like a finale. The art was really nice as well and I was really surprised that Hampnie died!
I wonder what Ai will do now....
SatsuyoJul 21, 2013 12:25 AM
Jul 21, 2013 12:26 AM

Sep 2012
I just love this show <3
I can't believe Humpine died so early, poor Ai.
Jul 21, 2013 12:29 AM
Apr 2012
WTF!!
I really don't understand anything anymore these days.:'[
great episode because episode 2 wasn't all that to praise... BUT, its was kind of too much for my poor heart to handle.
I thought Humpnine was going to be one of those characters that stick around for the entire season and you know learn how to be a dad, figure out deep secrets about the true reason Hana left (other than she was pregnant), Ai's powers because shes different(you know half human half grave keeper), blah blah blah but noooo he had to die?i get the concept, yea his wish was to live happily and die happily but we didn't actually get to see all that happen, we only saw glimpse. Isn't the main point hes suppose to be immortal. I personally felt it was a little rushed. But oh well, great episode. I was teary-eyed in the end, very touching. Keep the good episodes coming! =3
Jul 21, 2013 12:32 AM

Nov 2012
great episode, I almost cry T_T ( for a guy who never cry watching anime, that's really impressive for me)
Jul 21, 2013 12:34 AM

Jan 2013
Well I did not see that coming, I'm not sure if I like or dislike the fact that he died ... I also thought MAL had him listed as a main character for this series, surely he can't be a main if he is only in 3 episodes...

Also MAL has this in a spoiler tag for Hampnie Hambart (on his character page) "It is revealed that he wished for his life to stay the way it was when he first could go in the sun. Because that was the day God abandoned the world, his wish was granted, according to his own theory that God thinks he is granting humanity their wishes." I guess if you think of it this way, it kind of makes sense that he died.
Jul 21, 2013 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
so he died because his wish was granted. quite unexpected indeed
Jul 21, 2013 12:47 AM

Sep 2011
I still can't move on D:
I'll miss the albino bishie, Kizuna Astin.
pew pew pew
Jul 21, 2013 12:57 AM

Nov 2011
ED has the magic of bringing out more feels. That's really sad...to bury your own father after spending a happy day with him. Well done.
Jul 21, 2013 1:02 AM

Jun 2009
Well, since I saw the manga, I already knew but still.... T_T
Hampnie.......
Even so, I won't drop this
Jul 21, 2013 1:07 AM

Aug 2012
My favorite character was killed off in the third episode what a bummer. But at the end when that ED started playing my feels were just slapped right across there nonexistent face. It was such a sad situation she finally found out hes her father only to have to bury him mere moments after realizing that fact, wasn't expecting this but i really enjoyed it 5/5 episode.
Stitches327Jul 21, 2013 1:10 AM

Jul 21, 2013 1:49 AM
Mar 2013
Well, this episode sure was interesting. Now, the question is : Did he really die ? I see he's listed as a main character so...

Can someone spoil me in regards of this subject ?
Jul 21, 2013 1:56 AM
May 2013
CRadu said:
Well, this episode sure was interesting. Now, the question is : Did he really die ? I see he's listed as a main character so...

Can someone spoil me in regards of this subject ?

problem is that the translated manga isnt really any further at all.
Jul 21, 2013 1:59 AM

Oct 2012
Yeah... personally i really hated the fact they killed Humpnie since he was basically a main. Like fine, you can kill him, i'm not against that but already in the third episode??
The anime hasn't even started yet.
Well i'm gona hope for a good plot evolve, cause my expectations have dropped quite a bit. :/
Jul 21, 2013 2:00 AM

Mar 2012
5/5....

Wow, he is more than half of the reason I am watching this anime.
I was seriously expecting them journeying for the whole season and meeting all those characters in the OP.

Why did that god take away Humbart's immortality right when he discovered his daughter? Abandon the world my ass. That god is a major troll.
-Oh you want immortality? Here, and I am also leaving the world and 'no one will be born'.
-Aw, you realize that you will be all alone eventually? Don't want immortality no more? Nop, no take back.
-Want happy family? Nop! your wife left you.
-So, you fallen into despair and no hope of every dying happily? I am getting bored.
-Here, you discovered you long lost daughter, who I gave special exception be born! I planned this hope for you 13 years ago. :)
-NOP! I taking back the immortality! You Died :D
-Get buried by your own daughter!! :D "MonoKuma laugh"

Jul 21, 2013 2:03 AM

Jan 2011
...wow. That was a very emotional episode and honestly didn't expect the arc to end like that.

But it does pave the way for character progression let alone story.

I don't Hambert should be listed as a main character...maybe.
Jul 21, 2013 2:15 AM

May 2013
Well that was escalately quick. the immortal died in 3 episode
Jul 21, 2013 2:22 AM

May 2010
I am in love with the opening song. Humbert is lonely, isn't he? :/ He kicks her way too much though even if he means good. Quite a complex character.

"My spare panties" xD

The animation is amazing.

Scar was badass there. So he really is her father < That's nice. The reunion was heartwarming. Yuri was badass as well.

Kizuna Astin.... He died??? Is he not a MC? That was so sad... The ending song struck my heart when they spent the last moments together... He will appear again, right? I mean, you just can't forget the epic moments he had with his daughter... I am so sad now..
Jul 21, 2013 2:31 AM

Feb 2012
SOMEONE IS GONNA PAY FOR THIS
Jul 21, 2013 2:36 AM

Sep 2012
Noooooooooo Whyyy :((
Jul 21, 2013 2:45 AM

Jun 2011
That felt like an ending episode o_O
Jul 21, 2013 2:45 AM

Jun 2013
..random freaks that died quickly and Humbert died on 3rd ep? 0__0
oh well, i need to live on with that,,

just by looking the credit scrolling in the Burying section, i tought this was the last Ep 0__0... Then the story actually continues,, glad i didn't cry at the end
Jul 21, 2013 2:56 AM

Jan 2011
NONONONONONONONONOOOOOO!!!

IT WAS SO SOON!!! ;A;

((I actually thought anime was going to end after this... now, i'm really not interested in the rest... If he comes back "somehow" then I'll be...))

Jul 21, 2013 2:57 AM

Sep 2009
In LNs this part were more brutal as I heard but still. NoW I wonder: what next? And would they somehowchange the OP now?
Jul 21, 2013 3:04 AM
Apr 2012
bowdendevan said:

Suzune-chanJul 22, 2013 7:44 PM
Jul 21, 2013 3:11 AM

Apr 2011
Has anyone read the light novels? I refuse to accept he's dead TAT
Jul 21, 2013 3:16 AM

Jan 2012
Well, that was rather sad. I really liked him as a character.

Jul 21, 2013 4:32 AM
Oct 2011
Hop on everyone, we're going on a FEELS TRIP!
Jul 21, 2013 4:44 AM

Dec 2010
nyansensei said:
first of all, WTF (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
I read most of the manga that was updated so I didn't know THAT HE WOULD EVENTUALLY DIE. LIKE IN THE THIRD EPISODE IN.

no but ssrsly, I was thinking he'd be a character that would stick around until the end of the series protecting Ai and doing cute daddy shit BUT ISN'T IT A BIT TOO SOON TO KILL OFF THIS PRECIOUS BBY ( TДT)

this episode was sad and unexpected, it from 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwww' and 'yesssssssssssss' to really quickly 'WTF NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

Forgive me for whining and being a bit dumb, but I still don't understand how he died though. Isn't he Humphnie Humbert the mechanical toy that NEVER DIED. Why didn't he bounce back to life like he usually did after he closed his eyes? (excluding the fact he did kinda did come back to life as a zambie[actually, how could they even tell?]) But WHY though? Was it because in some sort of happy sappy twist of fate God heard his wish and granted it for the hell of it? Or was it because Ai's appearance and information finally made him happy enough to fulfill his life?

YES. EVERYTHING YOU SAY HERE. Actaully, this was so interesting and so good! MY feelings is just going around on a roller coaster and right now its rock bottom T________T
It was all going good! Kizuna Gets kidnapped and tortured, Ai finds out that he IS her dad, goes saves him with the whole gang, finds daughter DIES ACTUAL death, goes on 1 day as zombie/dead then gets burred by his her daughter??! Throughtout the whole last 10 minutes im sitting here going "OMG YUS, GOGOOGOG.. WAIT NOOOOOO, YUSSS!!! NO WHAT,.. WHAT? NOOOO T__T
my feels: isejfskhg'skghs'lgldn *flips screen T_________T
So much to say but im just crying here, this type of ending wouldve been the BEST if it was the LAST episode.
I dont get why he suddenly wasnt imortal anymore, yeah he found his daughter and found out his wife died but he did still want to live at the end!! One day with Ai.
Really? REALLY?
ok bye T__T *sobs in corner
Jul 21, 2013 5:02 AM

May 2011
Just 3 episodes and now the male MC is gone...

I swear I feel a deja vu here.
Jul 21, 2013 5:04 AM

Mar 2013
killer-baka said:
bowdendevan said:

Kamina immediately comes to mind.

I had exactly the same thought but it doesn't stop me from wishing he's somehow still alive. Although given how grim this show is he'll likely stay dead, lol.
Jul 21, 2013 5:04 AM

Aug 2009
At first I was like:
щ(゜ロ゜щ)

And then I was:
o(╥﹏╥)o

I love this show <3
RewstonJul 21, 2013 9:53 AM
Jul 21, 2013 5:07 AM

Jun 2013
That was quite unexpected actually, for me that was. The part that he was the father was obvious, but dying in the third episode? Damn. I can't wait to see what sort of turn this anime will take instead.
4/5.
Jul 21, 2013 5:12 AM

Jul 2010
leeo268 said:
5/5....

Wow, he is more than half of the reason I am watching this anime.
I was seriously expecting them journeying for the whole season and meeting all those characters in the OP.

Why did that god take away Humbart's immortality right when he discovered his daughter? Abandon the world my ass. That god is a major troll.
-Oh you want immortality? Here, and I am also leaving the world and 'no one will be born'.
-Aw, you realize that you will be all alone eventually? Don't want immortality no more? Nop, no take back.
-Want happy family? Nop! your wife left you.
-So, you fallen into despair and no hope of every dying happily? I am getting bored.
-Here, you discovered you long lost daughter, who I gave special exception be born! I planned this hope for you 13 years ago. :)
-NOP! I taking back the immortality! You Died :D
-Get buried by your own daughter!! :D "MonoKuma laugh"

I agree. The God in this show a major troll.

Poor Kizuna trolled by God till he was buried beside his own wife.
Jul 21, 2013 5:27 AM

Sep 2008
Right in kokoro!
I can't belive!
My favorite character! ;(
WHY?! ;(
Jul 21, 2013 5:29 AM

Oct 2012
Well, that was really unexpected. I just started liking him as a MC and he just had to die.
Such a sad scene and it's only the third episode. I wonder what will happen from now on..
Jul 21, 2013 5:30 AM

Jan 2011
Score up to 9/10 after this episode.

This might turn to be the pleasant surprise show of the season after all.
Jul 21, 2013 5:31 AM

Feb 2013
really nice episode, can't say i got everything though
Jul 21, 2013 5:32 AM

Dec 2009
Holy crap! I SO didn't see ANY of that coming! Awesome episode!
Jul 21, 2013 5:32 AM

Jan 2009
Meldoy said:
Has anyone read the light novels? I refuse to accept he's dead TAT

Jul 21, 2013 5:41 AM

Mar 2013
tsubasalover said:
So he loses memory bit by bit whenever he gets killed. Even without noticing himself, she met his daughter. Kizuna Basting is his real name? A group who caught him captive... one of them is by Yoshino-san?? With his friend and the Hakamori lady, she went to save him, but had to do her Hakamori job on him at the end... so sad.

Hakamori's real job is to get those already dead to go to heaven (including those villagers)?? Her travel goes on and meets new characters.

Astin, not Basting.
Jul 21, 2013 5:42 AM

Aug 2012
Whaaaat the fuuuuuuuuuck.
Jul 21, 2013 5:43 AM

Mar 2013
HeavenlyUser said:
Well fuck. So much for being immortal what the hell?

I'm a little disappointed in all honesty. A 3 episode OVA would be good enough for this series then >.>...

How is he suppose to remain as a main if he's dead?

agreed. Ai and Humpnie are the only 2 main characters, and one of them died in the third episode. I'm hoping he will revive somehow, just not in an evil way like how anime tend to create.
Jul 21, 2013 5:47 AM
Apr 2013
This episode was great! Perhaps it might be possible that he died because he told his real name? I mean before dying he said he never told his real name to anyone, not even to his wife. (o . o )
Jul 21, 2013 5:49 AM

May 2011
You know, I think Hampnie's death might make a lot more sense in the LN. Given the fact that certain storyline mechanics can't be explained without narration, I suppose it'd be rather easy to misunderstand what's going on in an anime. But I do have a theory on what happened based on what has been explained in his monologue. My guess is that Hampnie's actual ability isn't really immortality, but to recover from fatal injuries that would otherwise render people 'immobile'. It's like with everyone else, one can not die unless buried by a grave keeper. Perhaps Hampnie had the choice to die whenever he wanted to, but he wouldn't do so until his wishes were granted; he did state that he wanted to die happy.

The only thing that I still can't fully grasp is how the process of death occurs. Is it possible to 'die' just by being buried by a grave keeper while still able to move? I could assume that it is, but I would prefer a little more detail on how grave keeper burials work. Might be covered in greater detail in the LN.

Anyways, the level of emotion in this episode was fantastic. I bawled up completely at the end. ;_;
-Kenshin-Jul 21, 2013 7:02 AM
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.