Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 14, 2013 5:47 AM
Jul 2013
I know this may seem a bit odd, but I can't personally let the anime die out on the note it did. I understand the writers have ended the light novel series with the latest release of the 10th iteration, and the ending for the anime was lackluster for me! It had so much more that could've been accomplished, and I can't really put my finger on what! However a large quantity of people from all over the world are signing a petition in order to try and beg J.C. for a season 2! Let's be like Sakurasou and get these signatures alright!?

https://www.change.org/petitions/j-c-staff-make-sakurasou-no-pet-na-kanojo-season-2#share

Please, let's do this shit!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 14, 2013 6:26 AM

May 2013
Its good seeing fellow otakus supporting that petition i already signed that petition 20 times i think? and I am also hoping for it to work lol :D

Yup just like sakurasou collectiing signatures!!!
Tch.
Jul 14, 2013 6:45 AM

Aug 2012
I hope they make a second season for this. I loved the anime and am reading the light novels now. :D
Hi...
Jul 15, 2013 7:13 AM

Nov 2012
I dont really mind it end like this honestly.. :p
at last it has a happy ending
Jul 15, 2013 7:18 AM

May 2012
I hope this never happens. God-awful mess of a show.
Jul 15, 2013 9:22 AM

Dec 2012
Perisher said:

^

LMAO. Never gonna happen.
Jul 15, 2013 9:45 AM

Oct 2012
I think buying their products would be a more effective way.
Jul 20, 2013 12:12 AM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:
Perisher said:

Dropped at episode 15 and gave it a one?

What's it like, having shit taste?
Jul 20, 2013 2:24 AM

Dec 2012
sweetsymphony said:
Its good seeing fellow otakus supporting that petition i already signed that petition 20 times i think? and I am also hoping for it to work lol :D

This is so wrong in so many ways. ::Facedesk:: -_-'
Jul 20, 2013 3:06 AM

Dec 2012
^ LOL.
Jul 20, 2013 3:13 AM

Nov 2012
Why....? It's so fucking horrible.
Had to drop it like a hot potato, wished I dropped it a lot sooner, but I thought it'd get better.
Jul 21, 2013 2:42 AM
Feb 2013
This was a great series! I hope there will be a second season in the future.
Jul 21, 2013 2:43 AM

Aug 2012
Definitely gonna work. DEFINITELY. Cuz they are gonna care about what the people outside of Japan want.
Jul 30, 2013 4:52 AM

Jan 2013
Well, there is a Drama CD out there. Its like a sequel.
GoblinSpellJun 29, 2014 7:30 AM
Jul 30, 2013 7:50 PM

Feb 2009
Well, the last light novel of the series got released just this month, so there IS a bit of unused story still available. Question is: how much? I don't read it. Depending on the quality, I would welcome a sequel based on the Light Novels.
Jul 30, 2013 7:53 PM

Apr 2011
Forgetfulness said:
tsudecimo said:
sweetsymphony said:

This is so wrong in so many ways. ::Facedesk:: -_-'

Well at least he got one part right. The part where they fail ._.

SHIT. Forgot that they failed LOL.
Jul 30, 2013 7:54 PM

Aug 2012
zeldas12 said:
Perisher said:

Dropped at episode 15 and gave it a one?

What's it like, having shit taste?

Ahhh, typical MAL conversations.
Jul 31, 2013 2:43 AM
May 2012
There's enough material, that's for sure and they'll also release a 10.5 book so the old "no material left to adapt" doesn't exist anymore and as far as I know the latest volume sold pretty well.
Jul 31, 2013 10:35 PM

Jun 2013
does anyone have a link where i can read the light novel/manga series?
Jul 31, 2013 10:48 PM

Nov 2007
J.C.Staff is not going to care for some petition with signatures from the West. The only thing that will move them to make another season is a combination of these:

1. BD/DVD sales in Japan
2. If there was a significant sales boost to the source material (the LN)
3. Merchandise sales

You'd have to think, why would they bother unless they (or the LN author) are set to make substantial monetary gains from making a second season? The first season already served its job of advertising the LN.

Personally i'd like a 2nd season as well, but the BD/DVD sales aren't exactly that great. I'm not sure about how much of a boost the LN got from the anime, or the merchandise sales for Sakurasou... but i'm hoping they are substantial to warrant a 2nd season.
EjcJul 31, 2013 10:54 PM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Aug 10, 2013 10:57 PM

Jun 2013
Ejc said:
J.C.Staff is not going to care for some petition with signatures from the West. The only thing that will move them to make another season is a combination of these:

1. BD/DVD sales in Japan
2. If there was a significant sales boost to the source material (the LN)
3. Merchandise sales

You'd have to think, why would they bother unless they (or the LN author) are set to make substantial monetary gains from making a second season? The first season already served its job of advertising the LN.

Personally i'd like a 2nd season as well, but the BD/DVD sales aren't exactly that great. I'm not sure about how much of a boost the LN got from the anime, or the merchandise sales for Sakurasou... but i'm hoping they are substantial to warrant a 2nd season.

i hate how most of the anime ratings focus mostly on Japan. its true that it would matter more because it is a japanese production,but the companies animating the shows should look at other countries too because i feel like they neglect other viewers from different countries.
Aug 13, 2013 7:49 AM
Aug 2013
Even if it doesn't matter to the company it's still something they will see.. And when they see that people want another season they might give us an OVA or something
Aug 13, 2013 9:23 AM

Dec 2012
Lingeh said:
Even if it doesn't matter to the company it's still something they will see.. And when they see that people want another season they might give us an OVA or something

Who are these people?
Aug 13, 2013 9:32 AM

Sep 2011
show sold pretty poorly so theres essentially 0% chance of there ever being a continuation

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 14, 2013 10:35 AM

Nov 2010
Petitions ain't gonna do shit.
Buy the DVDs and Blu-Rays and you'll get your season 2.
Aug 16, 2013 9:22 AM
Aug 2013
you guys are all forgetting one important fact about the way japan works there business. while yes your right about them not caring about r petition on this side for a season 2 but what i very well could do is get them to think about getting it promoted over here meaning they might try getting it dubbed in amarica i know that thats what happened with Sword Art Online and now its on tv in america because it was so big here so while yes season 2 might not happen right away from this if it does cause them to get it dubbed for season 1 and the results r good enough they then might just release a season 2 once they know they that can sell it in both countries.
Aug 17, 2013 6:45 AM

Jun 2012
I don't understand this petition. What's going to happen if it gets 10,000 supporters anyway?
Shoot first, think never.
Aug 17, 2013 12:29 PM

May 2009
Open-Dice said:
I don't understand this petition. What's going to happen if it gets 10,000 supporters anyway?

NOTHING
Aug 18, 2013 7:15 PM

Jun 2013
Anybody know if there's a way to contact the owner of the petition? It's somehow getting a crazy amount of signatures per day (as useless as it is) so perhaps the owner could put up a link to purchase the BDs. The final Sakurasou BD with the last 3 episodes is coming out on the 28th next week if I'm correct, and a boost might be exactly what it needs for a second season. I doubt many Westerners would be sufficiently motivated enough to do that, though.

There's certainly enough source material, with the last light novel coming out last month. I'm sad though, if the BD/DVD sales were really as bad as I heard, because I really wanted more closure on Shiina and Sorata's relationship that I felt was too overshadowed in the anime by other elements. I only wish that more of the light novels were translated right now ..
Aug 19, 2013 4:49 AM

Jul 2010
If every single one of the 6000 petition signers bought the full set of BD, I think the chances of second season would be close to 90%.

I don't know about MAL users, but I buy the BD for all my favourite anime. Unfortunately, Sakurasou doesn't have that impact on me, despite how good it is.
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Aug 19, 2013 11:39 AM

Jun 2013
So, I found out how to message the petition owner on the site and on Facebook as well. Really hoping that he sees them and adds the purchase links I gave him to the petition, because it's getting signatures by the hour and at least some of those people signing should be willing to buy the BDs and other merchandise.

You can't say it's too late for a second season if the last LN only came out last month, the last BD isn't out until next week, and they never made a formal announcement saying that they wouldn't (as far as I know).
Aug 19, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
As much as i liked this anime, I would not want S2 to happen. Mostly because I liked how this one ended and I dont want them to ruin the ending with a sad suprize that involves Shiina. xD I really liked her as a character. =)

But, if a S2 were to come out. I would still watch it. =)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2013 2:23 PM
Apr 2012
This a typical corny/cheesy message to write down but this anime deserves another season if not another 2-3, because it's seriously unique in its own way. Hope they will air it soon if they decide it's a possibility.
Aug 20, 2013 9:36 AM
Dec 2008
I personally would love to have a second season. I followed throughout the story because I would like to find out the development of the character's relationship with one another. Most people watch a show because of the plot and the characters themselves, and I for one am the latter. They were unique and enjoyable, and having to add new members to the series it would be best to have a S2. But yes, we can't overlook the fact that companies in Japan would base it off of the viewers in their own country but we also can't deny that if the show succeeds in the West or wherever, the company in that area would pay the company in Japan to broadcast their show in their country, so if this were to happen, they would still earn something making it a 50-50 situation.

They ended the story as a cliff-hanger which might be a hint that their could be a S2 for Sakurasou, whether this is true, it's opinionated, nothing more nothing less.

I do believe though that the petition might not necessarily sway them into making a S2, but it's worth giving a shot. Probably.
Aug 26, 2013 5:58 PM

Aug 2013
MrRazzleDazzle said:
As much as i liked this anime, I would not want S2 to happen. Mostly because I liked how this one ended and I dont want them to ruin the ending with a sad suprize that involves Shiina. xD I really liked her as a character. =)

Of course, if they'll do it, i'll watch it with great pleasure too)) But still i may to say that i WOULD like to have another season) What is the most important in this case is to not ruin the ending, you absolutely right. It would be great with the 2nd season if epilogue includes Jin coming back. And Rita too - Akasaka will be very happy=)
Sep 3, 2013 5:19 AM
Mar 2012
Forgetfulness said:
As some wise guy on MAL once said: (I don't remember his username >_<)

The companies don't give a fuck about your petitions. They care about the money

If they only care about the money, then they should make some kind of donator button. I can't buy animes here in denmark... So I can't support them at all.
Sep 6, 2013 11:20 AM
May 2012
MrRazzleDazzle said:

There won't be a sad ending.
Sep 6, 2013 11:30 AM

Jun 2013
I would like more but I think it will ruin the ending of the first season.
Sep 17, 2013 6:41 AM
Oct 2012
i'm number 10,410
Sep 26, 2013 2:04 PM

Mar 2013
This anime needs a 2 season, someone throw money at them.
Sep 28, 2013 12:06 PM
Apr 2013
Forgetfulness said:
As some wise guy on MAL once said: (I don't remember his username >_<)

The companies don't give a fuck about your petitions. They care about the money

WOW

Someone that actually knows how the world works.
Sep 28, 2013 6:04 PM
Aug 2009
Cro-Mag said:
MrRazzleDazzle said:

Of course, if they'll do it, i'll watch it with great pleasure too)) But still i may to say that i WOULD like to have another season) What is the most important in this case is to not ruin the ending, you absolutely right. It would be great with the 2nd season if epilogue includes Jin coming back. And Rita too - Akasaka will be very happy=)

Well this show is based of a 12part novel so if they do a second season, it wouldn't be a epilogue unless they completely change from the original since there is zero chance we seen the whole story is just 24eps.
Oct 17, 2013 9:42 PM
Oct 2013
How bad i love the series of Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo... I wish there is no Season 2.. I cannot see Nanami get rejected when she deserve to be with Sorata.. >.<
Oct 18, 2013 4:15 AM

May 2009
Natsurito said:
How bad i love the series of Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo... I wish there is no Season 2.. I cannot see Nanami get rejected when she deserve to be with Sorata.. >.<

Director forced her everywhere against LN. She was only supporting character in source material. Blame that cunt for this.
Oct 18, 2013 4:25 AM

Dec 2012
bastek66 said:
Natsurito said:

Director forced her everywhere against LN. She was only supporting character in source material. Blame that cunt for this.

Stop insulting people please.

Does your vocabulary only have ''cunt'' and ''retarded''? smh
Oct 19, 2013 6:55 PM

May 2009
tsudecimo said:
Does your vocabulary only have ''cunt'' and ''retarded''? smh

She deserves it. Not like she will ever read it.
Oct 20, 2013 9:39 PM
Oct 2013
Well.. i guess the director fault because showing too much development between Nanami and Sorata, until making Nanami a loveable character in the anime. The only thing i see "mostly" between Sorata and Shiina is the feeling of superiority. In Romance, only a few.
Oct 21, 2013 9:15 PM

Jun 2012
Im pretty sure the sales were god awful.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.