Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2013 4:58 PM
Mar 2011
UPDATE: I have converted the theme into using LESS, a powerful CSS preprocessor, and you can download the LESS file here. The LESS file is a lot shorter and abstracts away many of the more verbose parts of CSS, making the code more readable in general. Also, I have coded my LESS to be very customizable compared to the regular CSS in terms of colors. You can change around most of the colors of the theme by simply modifying the variables at the beginning of the file to your liking (as opposed to having to modify them all scattered throughout the file), which are listed as follows:
@primary: #123456; // primary color for rows of tables
@secondary:lighten(@primary,2%); //secondary color for rows of tables
@text:rgb(200,200,200); //main color for text
@table-bg:rgb(50,50,50); //background color for the headers and footers of tables
@text-secondary:rgb(150,150,150); //secondary color for text, used in copyright and small
@background-primary:steelblue; //primary page background color
@background-secondary:@secondary; //secondary page background color, page will gradually change to this one and back to the primary one
@link:#0088cc; //color of URLs
@link-hovered:@text; //color of URLs when hovered
@navbar:#22AAEE; //background color of the navigation bar (watching, plan to watch, etc)
@navbar-active:@primary; //the background color of the currently active element in the navbar
@row-hover-bg:@table-bg; //the color of each row of the table when hovered
@table-border-top:@background-primary; //top border of table header
@table-border-bottom:@text; //bottom border of table footer
I have yet to come up with another good looking color scheme but I was thinking of something with red based.

You can compile the LESS file into css by using Simpless (or if you don't want to download anything use winless) and simplify @import that compiled css file into your theme.

Original Message:
I don't really browse the forums on MAL, but the other day I finally decided to customize my list and to make a minimalistic blue windows 8 "metroish" theme and I thought someone else might like it too. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

Here's a full length image of the entire theme: http://i.imgur.com/EqiQXVJ.png

You can view my animelist to see the theme in action.

If you want to use this theme, simply set your custom css to the following:
@import url("https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36525183/mal.css");
#list_surround::before {
content: "ZHANGER'S MAL";
font-size: 4em;
text-align: center;
top: -5px;
position: relative;
color: rgb(70,70,70);
}

The theme works with either anime or manga lists as is, but I'm not sure if it works with all settings configurations yet (I have yet to test).

My main inspiration was to create a modest, minimalistic theme without the use of any images, unlike many more gaudy/flashy themes out there. Those simply do not suit my tastes.

Please feel free to modify the theme as you please by downloading the main css here, but I request that you maintain the attribution at the top of the file if you do decide to redistribute it.

There's very little to customize in this theme, currently. You can, obviously, change the name of the title displayed at the top of the list by editing the text between the quotes of
content: "ZHANGER'S MAL";
in the above snippet (it's not in the imported css file), but that's about it, unless you would like to change the colors around.

Any feedback on aesthetics or bugs is welcome, I hope you guys like it!
ZhangerJul 6, 2013 3:19 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 4, 2013 5:07 PM
Mar 2011
nice and simple. i like it gj
Jul 4, 2013 6:47 PM
Apr 2010
Very kind of you to let others use it. I'll be using it since I was looking for something simple, clean and not too colorful. I'm still new to this so it'll take me a while to figure out how to edit it so I can make the anime and manga lists different. I'm getting the hang of it though.

Thanks again!
Jul 4, 2013 8:02 PM
Mar 2011
=] No problem. It means a lot to me that someone else is actually using my theme!
Jul 4, 2013 9:04 PM

Feb 2010
Ooh this is nice, thanks for sharing! I like the name you gave to it too!
Jul 6, 2013 3:13 AM
Mar 2011
Thanks! Updated original post with the LESS version ^^ hopfeully someone will find it useful
Dec 10, 2013 3:21 PM
Oct 2012
Kind of a major necrobump, but I just wanted to thank Zhanger for this cool theme. I used it a base for my current Anime list theme.
Jan 31, 2014 8:29 AM

Feb 2008
Zhanger said:
My main inspiration was to create a modest, minimalistic theme without the use of any images, unlike many more gaudy/flashy themes out there. Those simply do not suit my tastes.
This is simple and gorgeous; thank you. I'm using it as a base theme for my Anime list.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7812 by mtsRhea »»
Apr 21, 5:25 AM

» [CSS- MODERN] ⭐ Minimal Dashboard layout by 5cm ~ Compact and convenient! ( 1 2 3 )

Shishio-kun - Sep 4, 2020

121 by Pokitaru »»
Apr 21, 3:25 AM

» [CSS-MODERN] Change list text/font colors on any list layout

Shishio-kun - May 4, 2021

3 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

» [CSS] [VIDEO GUIDE] ⭐️ How to change fonts on a list layout

Shishio-kun - Jul 15, 2019

17 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 4:03 PM

» [CSS][Modern] ☀️ Endless Summer Layout by Cateinya ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cateinya - Aug 18, 2016

309 by hideso »»
Apr 20, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.