Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2013 4:26 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting, but the pace is really slow and it makes even the fights rather boring, which is sad. Up to the next episode!
Feb 22, 2014 7:14 PM

Dec 2013
So... thats the intro?? the scene where Dio's head attacks Jonathan? Thats gotta be the worst anime intro I've ever seen. Pretty week along with the music in general being weak especially compared to the TV series.

enter the frenchman. Finally Someone with a distinctive personality. Everybody else in Jojo's party is just dower and serious =(

Jotaro's just too cool for school all the time lol
Love and Peace!!!
Oct 17, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2009
Polnareff what the hell are you doing on the ghost boat?!

Man that shocked the hell out of me, but I was still glad to see him, I thought that they skipped him entirely which really scared me. I gotta say though while that certainly was an...interesting creative liberty they took by removing two fights and squishing together two others, it was pretty cool seeing the Polnareff fight and strength fight back to back. And then Polnareff killed the orangutan and I was like daaaaaaaaaaamn.

I'm also really happy to see that Polnareff's silly personality made it through the dark gritty filter the OVA, everybody else is just a huge downer.

Mar 24, 2015 5:48 PM

Jun 2014
Other than skipping a few fights this anime was fairly loyal to the source material, this was when things got weird. I guess it being a 7 episode OVA makes things have to be faster paced, but Polnareff being on the ship was strange.
Apr 30, 2019 1:59 AM

Sep 2013
Loved the orangutan...gonna have to star the manga after finishing the OVAs

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 29, 2020 9:27 PM

Aug 2012
Really enjoyed this episode, I was worried going into the prequel OVA and while the first episode didn't do anything to assuage me, I can now confidently say I'm enjoying this experience. Maybe it's because this is my fourth time going through Stardust Crusaders, but I find it pretty entertaining to watch how they've chosen to adapt the story with the episode constraints.

Combining both the Silver Chariot and the Forever fight into one is certainly an interesting decision and one that paid off. I will say I didn't care much for the Chariot/Avdol fight itself, though that much is true in the original version (though it is better there) and the Strength fight is stronger on it's own, but what I did like was how Polnareff added to the mystery of the events and how it reflected his changing sides. First he's clearly in tandem with Forever and then he's the one who kills him, which surprised me but I found to be a pretty satisfying resolution, feels like a proper transition and goes in sync with the post-match interaction between Polnareff and Avdol (which is something I've always liked). I don't really mind the Strength fight being used to better service Polnareff's addition to the group, especially since Polnareff retains his personality here.

Also just as a side-note, I'm thankful the OVA's limited run-time cut Anne/Runaway Girl out of the story, the most pointless character in JoJo.
May 19, 2020 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
That “ghost ship” scene was wonderfully executed. I felt the tension as the group wondered the abandoned corridors.
Oct 31, 2022 12:04 AM
May 2019
because the animation is verry verry nice but a change the history
May 1, 2023 10:24 PM

Nov 2022
Man, this Polnareff introduction and portrayal is fire af. And I am just happy that he is still maintained as the goofy pervert as from the original.
Nov 18, 2023 4:41 AM

Dec 2012
lol Joseph doesn't feel comfortable riding in an airplane due to an old memory.
50 days.
Dat explosion.
Yare Yare daze.
They crashed.
A ship.
No one is on the ship?
A monkey?
Food? A man!
He works for DIO.
A Sutando came out.
Silver Chariot.

Love the blood and gore. We need to bring back decapitations.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 7 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 13, 2009

21 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 3:18 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 6 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 15, 2013

7 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 2:19 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 5 Discussion

Yangbojian - Apr 9, 2013

11 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 4 Discussion

glenn177 - Dec 22, 2012

9 by Rob »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 2 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Jun 1, 2013

7 by Rob »»
Nov 18, 2023 3:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.