Forum Settings
Forums

Manga Reborn Website Launched, Brings English Digital Manga

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 13, 2013 5:30 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting business concept. I might participate as well
Jun 13, 2013 5:33 PM

Oct 2008
Good luck to them, will probably be hard to get good titles being a legal site and all.
Jun 13, 2013 5:40 PM

Sep 2010
not anything I'm interested in, but bookmarked it anyways
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 13, 2013 6:48 PM

Apr 2011
YES!!!!

I only buy e-books/digital mangas...so I'm very excited for this XD
Jun 13, 2013 7:05 PM

Jul 2009
Good thing that they are making a move since its pretty hard to get to read rare titles or the popular one's when your abroad studying. Also this keeps some manga titles alive and kicking much longer.

Although unless they add the popular titles on their database its going to be a tough battle against the existing manga websites that host fanlations or scanlated one's and the source websites with its raw manga's. Although there are some good titles their too that doesn't even exist on any manga websites which is pretty nice imo. (or i guess they can just pull of their brother Mr. DMCA to shut down other websites).

Although the website is pretty slow, when reading and turning pages its significantly faster, faster than the fan sites.

Translator's from existing groups probably will find this website interesting+
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Jun 13, 2013 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
Looks interesting, I'll definitely be checking it out.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 13, 2013 8:55 PM

Sep 2011
Am I the only one who thought this was about the manga Katekyo Hitman Reborn for a second there? Even though it already ended a while ago. Anyways, more of these websites is always a good thing, I guess.
Jun 13, 2013 10:18 PM

Aug 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
Trying it out now. The pages seem to be loading rather slowly for me at the moment. But maybe that's just it being new.

Edit: better already.

Edit 2: Raidan Repression is awful.

Just a few pages i need to verify it

**☾**
Jun 13, 2013 11:48 PM

May 2009
Be successful pls :D

*Update*

The site is pretty damn cool, I've read 1 chapter of Say Hello to Black Jack.. it's pretty darn interesting. Thanks for the news, found a great gem! :)
rpn101Jun 14, 2013 1:00 AM
Jun 14, 2013 12:31 AM

Sep 2011
I like how MAL is a crappy advertising portal. How low will they sink?
Jun 14, 2013 12:37 AM

Dec 2011
MasterXionic said:

If that's the way you see news like this then has not MAL been a "crappy advertising portal" since its inception?

Some of us welcome finding out about this sort of thing.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 14, 2013 1:56 AM

Sep 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
MasterXionic said:

If that's the way you see news like this then has not MAL been a "crappy advertising portal" since its inception?

Since when is it's MAL's purpose to report on the creation of manga websites? It doesn't matter whether it's legal or not, there already are a lot of them. I bet MAL was paid to do this.
Jun 14, 2013 1:59 AM
Jul 2008
MasterXionic said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
MasterXionic said:

Since when is it's MAL's purpose to report on the creation of manga websites? It doesn't matter whether it's legal or not, there already are a lot of them. I bet MAL was paid to do this.
I bet you're 13 or retarded.
The news forum is a forum dedicated to news related to manga and anime. This is related to manga. And it's new.
Jun 14, 2013 3:41 AM

Dec 2011
I don't even know what to say. Internet is full of similar sites where fan scans are available in english.
(•_•) DEAL ( •_•)>⌐■-■ WITH IT(⌐■_■) YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
Jun 14, 2013 5:41 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
MasterXionic said:

No one was paid for this (as it is with all the news we report). I chose to write this story because I thought it was interesting manga news. At this point there have been three legit manga portals; Digital Manga Guild (DMG), Jmanga, and Manga Reborn. Jmanga is defunct, DMG is mostly BL and Yaoi (though they are working on expanding their catalogue).

Since that is the case I thought this was significant enough news related to manga to report. It's something as manga person I know I'd want to find out about.
Jun 14, 2013 8:39 AM

Aug 2007
Wow... They actually accepted my request to be a letterer. Lol.

I'm still bad at that so lets see how it will go.
Jun 14, 2013 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
What is the good time that it reads and in a legal manner, say ...
Jun 14, 2013 1:52 PM

Jul 2009
It looks interesting, but they need to vamp up the selection. It's mostly a bunch of older, hidden mangas.

Not that that's bad, but that's appealing to a very small audience even if you have some major titles like Itazura na Kiss.

But, it's still in Beta, so hopefully it'll expand. XP
Jun 16, 2013 4:20 AM

Oct 2008
Interesting site. I hope it does well and people start using it to scanlate more titles. The business strategy seems sound. As others have already said, if it can acquire more interest from some of the manga publishers and the scanlators, then it will do well.
Jun 18, 2013 2:15 PM
Jul 2012
Might give it a try
Sep 9, 2013 4:42 PM

Jun 2012
These guys are doing a kickstarter now right?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

7 by malvarez1 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.