Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 25, 2014 6:04 AM

May 2012
Well that was pretty dramatic yet lovely! Well let's see what's next!
Mar 26, 2014 4:14 AM

Jan 2009
1. Komatsu is really dependent on people… not good

2. What r the chances of komatsu meeting up with asano like that. at least she told him not to cheat.

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 8, 2014 6:00 AM

Aug 2013
Glad she didn't go back to Asano. She's naive but she's slowly learning...I hope.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 21, 2014 5:26 PM

Jan 2014
I'm glad Komatsu managed to clear up her mind about her love life.
Still waiting for Osaki to show up xD Enjoyed this one, though ^.^
Dec 8, 2014 3:45 AM
Oct 2012
Man, this Nana is naive to point of just being plain dumb when it come to relationship with boys.

Agree with someone else say, she's kinda dependent on people.
Dec 8, 2014 12:02 PM
Oct 2012
Shoji seems the better character till now. Hope the next ep. is with Nana-O.
Dec 25, 2014 1:43 AM

Oct 2013
Poor Nana .___.

!!! I felt so proud of her when she corrected that whore of a man, and she did it maturely too.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 5, 2015 11:32 AM

Aug 2013
You know what impressed me the most in this episode? It's the fact that the first thing she thought about, when she got ''rejected'', was that without Souji, she was totally lost in a city she don't know. I found it strangely realistic. Sure, it was a shock to her what Souji told her, but the fact that she was lost and in danger woke up her human instinct. I thought it was well done.

Anyway, I think that it was stupid from to not learn from what happened with Asano. She shouldn't be super mad at him, but she shouldn't have been all nice and kind with him. It's the same guy who used you has his freetime sex toy, for fuck sake... At least, she was able to tell him to stop cheating on his wife, even if it lacked of conviction.

I think I'm getting gay for Kyousuke. That dude is handsome, has style, has a nice personality and a freaking smooth talker.

Souji is a good guy (even though it was wrong when he said that men answer to their sexual instinct...). His speech was right, in every way. I don't think at all that Nana is a lost case, but she really need to change that behavior of her of being always submissive and to lack of empathy.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 16, 2015 11:15 AM

Nov 2013
"you don't know what real men are" or some shit like that. god baby nana and souji are tools. kyousuke and junko are love <3
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 12, 2015 4:16 AM

Jul 2013
Well I guess meeting Asano allowed Nana to finally start thinking about moving forward from the pain of that relationship.Though honestly ,I'm kinda surprised she doesn't hate him.
It alsoseems Nana's backstory will be going on for a while based on this episode.
Nov 29, 2015 8:12 AM
Jun 2013
Kyosuke is such a boss.
Jan 18, 2016 4:09 PM

May 2012
i liked the progression of this episode

also i fell like we got a red flag somewhere in there
Jan 30, 2016 9:05 AM

Aug 2014
yay so we finally gt black Nana again :)

White Nana story is nice, but so normal or even silly.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 27, 2016 6:59 PM
Nov 2013
I hate how she "loves" every guy she meets.
Jul 24, 2016 4:30 PM

Nov 2015
OH, I KNOW I SAID THEY WOULD BREAK UP, BUT I HOPE THEY DON'T, I MEAN, THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!!
Dec 29, 2016 6:48 PM

Sep 2015
Glad she snitched up her scar by hanging out with Mr.Asano. Let's hope he doesn't cheat again. She and Shoji will prob get together the next episode with both of them saying sorry to each other.
Feb 28, 2017 8:10 PM

Mar 2015
What a coincidence to have bumped into Asano-san. Glad to see she didn't fall back into that one
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 17, 2017 10:03 AM

Nov 2016
The closing scene was nicely directed, good flashback arc so far, I'm really looking forward to how Nana will develop throughout the story.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 15, 2018 8:54 PM

Jan 2016
WOW!!! This anime has already gotten so intense and it's only the 3rd episode. Normally this kind of action takes 10 episodes of build up but it's already happned and it still felt soooooooo F*CKING REAL!!!!

This is seriously one of the best slice of life anime. It's just sooo realistic in a very good way. LOVING IT!!!!
Oct 11, 2018 1:23 AM
Apr 2008
I was getting incredibly short with Komatsu Nana, thinking she's just going to sleep around and fuck shit up again, creating unnecessary drama and therefore cause me to hate this show, but I'm mightily impressed by the turn of events; Shouji's rightful calling out of her dependent and promiscuous behaviour, and especially Nana's closure with Asano.

I really thought that scene was handled in the most remarkably mature way, and I give props to Ai Yazawa for capturing the hate, sadness, confusion, betrayal, hurt of the past, and juxtaposing it with the present realization that perhaps the negative emotions felt back then were overblown, and the feelings of affection and care were genuine. That's honestly the first time I've encountered such a realistic revelation in fiction. The importance behind its message cannot be understated: people tend to wallow in the past and focus too much on how much of a victim they are: yet when they finally confront the past head-on, they realize it's a lot more manageable to overcome than they initially realized, as well as a lot healthier. Do your best to mourn the past, learn from it, but you must quickly recover and move on from it or you'll be lost forever.
Feb 24, 2019 5:28 PM

Jun 2015
Man, this show is just so... real. Everything the characters say and do feels like what a real person would in their place. It doesn't seem like much of a compliment, but for an anime it absolutely is. We're so used to characters doing things just for the sake of a convoluted plot that it's refreshing to see people acting naturally.

Junko and Shouji storming out without trying to call Nana first, for example. I've seen people do that kind of thing many times, but you don't see it often in media. It doesn't make sense, but people don't think straight when they're worried.

Nana suddenly worrying she doesn't know the way back to the hotel. The way Asano acts naturally when talking to his friend, instead of doing the usual "it's not what you're thinking" thing you see in most other anime. It's these little things that make me feel like I'm watching real people.

Hope this show keeps it up, cause so far I'm loving it.
Mar 4, 2019 12:51 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, Nana is so annoying, loud, just lousy... Nana's backstory, part 2. Decent episode, but yet again pretty boring.
Apr 17, 2019 5:19 AM

Oct 2012
Probably the most weird episode for me
I guess I'm watching wrong anime xD
Can't relate with her even a bit
She seems like a stupid social girl that you can find everywhere
School and universities have a lot of them :P

I can't wait for the other Nana's part
"Signature removed"
May 22, 2019 12:45 PM

Aug 2017
Another episode about Nana-chan. Shoji turns out to be a nice guy, but Nana is a bit too all over the place for him at this moment. Well, eventually they will end up together as we already know. Hopefully the next episode will tell us more about the rockchick-Nana, she is so enigmatic... :)
Oct 14, 2019 12:50 PM

Jun 2016
Nana's heart is all over the place fr.
May 25, 2020 2:49 PM

Jul 2015
If it wasn't for Shoji being a real man, Nana's bad boyfriend life cycle would have continued...man she really doesn't have much common sense on the area of love..or having lifegoals in general...

Hopefully she grows to be more mature and stop being so selfishly relying on others

Jul 14, 2021 8:59 PM
Feb 2020
I started this anime when mi three year ex-bf and I end up our relationship and I was kinda over it when I started to talks to other guys, and its so funny how everytime I think I'll stop watching it cause I'm better now and that I've found a decent guy e v e r y time they fuck it up and I just keep on whit this
Sep 12, 2021 2:52 PM

Jan 2010
So Nana's issues are that she's impulsive, gets lonely easily, and while she desires independence, she also relies on others to decide her life for her. Well, rather than having others decide, she looks towards others and follows along with whatever they're doing.

The strangest moment in the episode was when Asano casually brushed off having an affair with Nana when talking to his acquaintance. I don't know the details of his life, but it was as if infidelity was normal for him. It was weird seeing that situation treated so lightly, as well as seeing Nana letting him off with a light gesture and a comment of no more cheating. Nana feels partially to blame since she consented, as well as acknowledging that she still loved Asano. Still, it seems like the slightest act of kindness and a good looking face would be enough to catch Nana's attention. She's really dependent on others, and I'm not quite sure if she recognizes this issue. Shouji argued with her over this point, but I don't think it quite sunk in. Nana's still trying to figure her life out, and while everyone else is going their own paths in life, Nana's finding herself left behind. Perhaps that fear is what Nana dreads the most in life, and is why she's going out of her way to use romance as a means to garner emotional support for herself.
Mar 6, 2022 2:56 PM
Dec 2017
You really do have to feel bad for Hachi with the amount of shit she went through

Dec 10, 2022 2:32 AM

Jun 2020
Very good episode. I'm impressed by the development and exploration characters that could be achieved under 3 episodes. Good stuff.

Though so far this Nana the story is focusing on is pretty stupid and annoying.

Jan 25, 2023 10:00 AM

Jan 2017
even though nana is said to be annoying, naive and dependent and what not i can relate to what she's feeling.. for people who experience those emotional attachment issues, not being co-dependent is not as easy as for other people so i think it's pretty realistic. i guess if you dont experience this yourself you find it annoying and stupid but if you have the same problems or experiences you empathize with it more and acknowledge the humanity in her
Jan 31, 2023 2:41 PM
Oct 2017
What? How are these two already in love? And I thought after this guy told her all her truths I thought there would be a bit of character development but suddenly they like each other?

This was awful, and if the series keeps going with this kind of leaps in logic and awful romantic relationships I will have to drop it.

I really fucking hate this Nana, and everything the guy told to her was true.
Mar 5, 2023 10:10 PM

May 2022
I'm blown away by the art. There weren't many anime (any anime?) with such perfect art and animation back in 2006. And it is as good as the best stuff in 2023. Never going to mistake it for anything other than josei/shoujo style romance, but it much more than just that...
Mar 5, 2023 10:15 PM
Feb 2023
I started this anime when mi three-year ex-bf and I end up our relationship and I was kinda over it when I started to talk to other guys, and it's so funny how every time I think I'll stop watching IPL streaming it's cause I'm better now and that I've found a decent guy e v e r y time they fuck it up and I just keep on whit this
May 2, 2023 4:28 PM

Jan 2021
Episode 3 and we get the beach episode?

This opening has a really great start to it

Friendzoned but we know they get together so no worries

Shoji being a lot cooler then I thought...gonna be hard to watch when he does something wrong

My view on this series is that everyone will end up doing something wrong/annoying at one point at least haha

Looks like Shoji was at the end of his rope there, can't really fully blame him, Nana seems frustrating to deal with ha

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not him...

Guy is still married and yes you should hate him!!

Guess it ended good? Not satisfying enough but she seems to be over him at least.
May 15, 2023 8:43 AM
May 2023
i watched nana several times it's still good as ever (hate shoji and takumi)
Jun 24, 2023 2:53 PM

Mar 2020
Been ages since I last watched this, and from what I remembered it was competent. What in the actual fuck happened while I was gone lol. I've never been a fan of how shallow Nana's friendships are in this series, though it's baffling how unsympathetic and cold they were about moving to Tokyo. Really makes you question why Nana is even friends with them in the first place when they all barely tolerate her and treat her as a liability. Shoji's "I might rape and dismember you, bro" bit in the hotel was hilarious as well. Way to sell the bag.

The scene with Nana and her teacher was just bizarre. No clue why this series is framing statutory rape as character development.

On a more positive note, the 2000s character and fashion designs are as great as I remember them being. Love the spindly limbs and anorexic proportions on these guys.
Jul 3, 2023 12:19 AM
Apr 2020
She's a massive simp and immature as hell. For a second it looked like she was about to bang that guy again right after Shoji went
Dec 4, 2023 7:39 AM
Jun 2022
Only Op & Starting Bits Were Good ; Will See If Black Nana Back Story Is Good Enough For Me To Continue.
Jan 4, 6:34 AM

Sep 2015
Watching this for the first time and it's hitting me with some nostalgia for early 2000s fashion styles. The clothes, the stupidly high shoes, and the phones.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Apr 19, 2007

78 by sailorneptunelvr »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Nana Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Mar 5, 2007

66 by sailorneptunelvr »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Nana Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Feb 12, 2007

65 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

115 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Yesterday, 2:12 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

101 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 24, 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.