Forums
Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
Available on Manga Store
New
May 24, 2013 7:23 PM

Apr 2013
Hey guys,
How exactly did Ookami die?
I know that it happened when he went for hunting but was he killed or did he die of an accident?
Thanks in advance, cheers!
May 25, 2013 9:30 AM

Jan 2008
I am also wondering about that incident too. It wasn't clear. It was not explained nor elaborated after that. The narration was also in guessing mode.

I am also guessing between killed or accident. He might have been spotted and got shot but I saw that there was no wound. So, he might have run through bad luck itself and met accident...err like lost his footing during hunting and got himself drown(?). River water in Japan can be so cold. If you can remember, Ame got drown and he nearly died if he wasn't rescued by Yuki. But then again, Ame don't know how to swim yet. My guess right now might sound lame. ^_^

Maybe someone can enlighten us here. ^_^
May 25, 2013 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
Yep, even i noticed the same thing and also thought same. Hopefully someone will answer us and clear the doubt. (^_-)
May 25, 2013 1:50 PM

Feb 2012
He probably just jumped into the canal while chasing an animal or something. It wasn't really properly expalined, but I thiink that was kind of the point. The narrative was quick and was just trying to set up the rest of the story.
May 25, 2013 1:54 PM

Nov 2010
I thought it was a flash flood when he was up in the mountains hunting.
May 25, 2013 2:00 PM

Feb 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
I heard this as well. I guess he just got washed downstream then, but how would he have ended lying on the side? The water wasn't high enough for him to float there and it was still raining so its not like the water level should have gone down.
May 25, 2013 8:18 PM

Jan 2008
Slyr3do0n said:
IntroverTurtle said:
I heard this as well. I guess he just got washed downstream then, but how would he have ended lying on the side? The water wasn't high enough for him to float there and it was still raining so its not like the water level should have gone down.

Yeah, why is that? His death was really questionable. The sudden death of Ookami was unsettling. I mean, he looks like a capable man and as a wolf (or so I think) and he just died like that?

That's why I just dealt with the guess that Ookami just met bad luck, so the story can go on, with Hana raising the two kids alone. ~sigh~ ^_^
May 26, 2013 10:48 AM

Feb 2010
This bothers me too. My sister and I came up with "Maybe he was shot" but like Lieila said, there's no wound. So I was like hmmm, maybe while he's trying to catch the bird, he fell and broke a bone or two? But then, can that really cause death?
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Jun 7, 2013 3:20 AM

Feb 2013
My guess is he just got back from hunting (still in wolf form) then he got hit by a car maybe and frantically ran away from the scene and jumped into the canal?
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jun 9, 2013 10:52 PM
Jan 2010
Alright, IMO, that's probably the most saddening part of the entire film.

Here's excerpt from Wolf Children novel (scanlated by Jade), explaining that scene in words.
http://wolfchildrenameandyuki.blogspot.com/2013/05/part-10.html

I would presume that while he was attempting to catch the pheasant, he might have slipped off the edge and fell into the deep canal below. Considering the height, it is highly likely that he broke his neck or suffered from internal bleeding, and succumbed to the trauma. Of course, that's just a guestimation. I think the director left it ambiguous for more dramatic effect.

Edit - additional elaboration and spell checks
ConfidentialJun 9, 2013 11:49 PM
Aug 5, 2013 9:58 PM

Jul 2011
Just like how Ame almost died. Don't you guys watch anime? If the rain doesn't kill you (with sickness), the ****** canals will, they're made out of evil.

But yes, probably because he, as a very young father, felt like he wasn't doing well enough to provide for his family, so he decided to hunt to feed them. Chances are he was looking at his lacking bags of groceries, got butt nekkid, put all his crap by the door, hunted, and drowned in the canal. Obvious lesson in this movie is: DON'T DO **** WHILE IT'S RAINING OR SNOWING, bad things will happen.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Sep 29, 2013 9:37 PM

Jan 2012
From what I saw in the film, he probably saw a bird as he was taking home the groceries. Left all his stuff at the door and went chasing it as a wolf. I think that only 2 thinks could have happened, he might have been hit by a car and landed in the canal and died, or while hunting he feel into the canal and died from injuries.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2013 9:27 PM

Dec 2009
I just saw it as something we'll never know, just like Hana doesn't.
Jan 20, 2014 1:49 AM

Aug 2013
In my opinion, I think the cause of Ookami's death is the same as the Ame's accident at the river, but without help.
Aug 30, 2014 1:56 AM

Jan 2012
My Jap friend has an uncle that knew the writer. He told me the wolf dad actually had mistresses (He couldn't bang Hana as much as before b/c of 2x pregnancy).

The 1st mistress found out about Hana and confronted him about it that night.

Things got ugly while the dad was trying to make excuses. He knew she was not going to believe him no matter what and will tell everyone his wolf secret, so he turned into a wolf and killed her.

Afterwards, he became aroused from the killing (wild animal instinct) and decided to go kill his 3 other mistresses to prevent something like this from happening again.

After killing his 4th and last mistress, he was consumed by guilt. He decided he could not go back to face Hana after what he had done. So, he decided to go rape a random homeless dog in an alley then committed suicide afterwards by running into a car and fell into the riverbank.
Nov 12, 2014 3:16 PM

Nov 2013
Wasn't the quote in the movie that he had perhaps been overwhelmed by the instinct to feed his kin?

The quote made me think that he had gotten so desperate to catch actual prey that he jumped off the side of the railing in desperation in order to try and catch some birds. His eyes were wide open when he died too, like he was staring something down.

I'm assuming that's why he was dead right off the side of the railing and covered with feathers as well. But that only raises some more questions on why he would leave his wallet behind.

More topics from this board

» I hate ame

luksthefool - Mar 19

11 by haidz0000 »»
Yesterday, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

gtr06 - Jul 24, 2012

420 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 13, 4:07 PM

Poll: » what do you think of the end & Ame`s action ? ( 1 2 )

KaGi-13 - Apr 21, 2013

92 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:58 AM

» Ame is loved that much?! really?!

aku_mado - Jul 3, 2022

20 by MichaelJackson »»
May 4, 2023 2:36 AM

» This anime is really weird

AunixHOT - Oct 8, 2021

33 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.