Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 31, 2015 10:10 AM
Aug 2015
At first I thought it was a sad ending but i think again and think it's not bad. No matter what kaname have done to protect human,what he did to zero is wrong.No matter how loftier the purpose he thinks it is: to use zero to kill all the bad poorblood and protect human.He thought that he did it for a lofty reason so he can kill or sacrify anyone ,put them in suffering,as long as it help him" protect human and keep the peace between human and vampire" . Imagine if Yuki didnt exist,he would not care about Zero.He will only use him as a weapon until Zero become useless.He took away everything from Zero.He took away his family ,if he also take Yuki then it will be very unfair for Zero. He turned Zero into a vampire has made Zero suffered so much. If Yuki didnt exist,Zero will become very lonely in this world .If Yuki didnt exist,who will be the one to give blood to Zero.Or Zero had to hunt down human if his blood-lust instinct went out of control.What will happen if he become a level E ?Will Kaname give Zero his own blood? Maybe,because he needs Zero ,he needs to use him.But when he become useless,will Kaname care about Zero or he will not care and let Zero die or be hunted by vampire hunter. That's why in the end ,Kaname sacrified ,he realized his guilt,he gave Yuki for Zero .That's an appropriate behavior ,an appropriate ending.
I hope when Kaname was revived as a human,if he will ever be reawaken as a vampire,i hope he will never commit a guilt again.
hellnoooAug 31, 2015 10:16 AM
Dec 11, 2015 10:09 PM
Dec 2015
So, I know this thread is old but I felt like posting anyway since I read Vampire knight in 2013 and I still remember every excruciating detail of the whole messy series. For all those saying YuMe isn't "technically" incest because Kaname is just in her brother's vessel, sorry to say this, that's not true. While, it is true that he's her ancestor, that just means he's her great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great (I think you get the gist) grandfather. Because ancestor means Yuuki descended from him, thus, Kaname's soul is the soul of her grandfather! Um... Ew?? I mean seriously that's gross! That's why I never liked YuMe after THAT poor excuse of a plot twist. However, I am not a Zeki shipper either.

In the manga, and even sometimes the anime, Yuuki flip flopped SO MUCH. And it seemed like after she woke up and became a pureblood and started having to choose between Kaname and Zero, she was all sad and not herself. To be honest, I liked Yuuki at one point. She was cute and happy, but then, after she started dating Kaname and "loving" Zero, she always seemed sad or acted like she didn't know what to say or do. She wasn't the Yuuki some of us fandom actually found tolerable. In the manga, it seemed like she could only be herself around Aidou. And thus, I ship Yuuki and Aidou. I know it's strange, but come on guys, at least say you get where I'm coming from.

As for the ending, I was so pissed. Zero was TOTALLY a replacement. And, it felt like she just dated him out of pity. Even in the manga she just said "He's brought me a lot of happiness" (something like that) She didn't say she truly loved him through those 1000 years. At least, not that I can remember. Honestly she should have just left Zero alone after that. Zero could have found another girl, I would have loved that! Or hell, he could have changed to liking guys and go be gay with Kaito. I WOULD HAVE LOVED THAT WAYY MORE THAT WHATEVER TRASH THIS ENDING WAS.

Vampire knight had a good plot, it was interesting and engaging and pretty unique, but boy did Hino screw it up with the character's illogical actions and emotions. Seriously, Yuuki is the reason I now hate VK. Agree or not, this mess would have been better off as a straight action anime where Zero is the lead or as a Yaoi lol XD

Overall, I will most definitely not be re-reading this or re-watching. In two years I have never returned and I don't plan to.

Honestly, Ichiru was my favorite character. He was chill. Zero and Kaname, though I love them, they were just real stupid sometimes.

Don't even get me started on my loathing hatred for Yuukk.
Jan 23, 2016 11:13 PM
Jan 2016
Not going to go very into the details, but I loved the manga in the beginning. The plot was interesting and well thought out. I was alittle weirded out by the incest...so I investigated Yuuki and (i'm so mad I can't even remember his name, Kanama.....) just to see if i should continue reading the manga! I didn't think it was too bad that the guy wasn't 'actually' her brother, and I mean at least they are vampires (not that I condone incest). I soon discovered that Kido was going to remain the man baddie in the manga. Boy was I wrong. Everything just went downhill.

Hated the ending. I cried like a baby, but out of frustration. Seems like the author wanted to please both shipping groups... Yuuki's first fiance acted like Bill from True Blood. I just might have sour feelings, but I hate Yuuki so much.
Jan 29, 2016 4:12 AM
Jan 2016
I have loved the anime of this story. I have been a spectator waiting for the new chapter to come. I love this story. But the ENDING IS SO DUMB. At first it was good, one of my favorites i could say. Then, in the middle, it started to get twisted with Kaname's crazy heroic sense. Then it became confusing and the author should have at least compensated with a good ending. 😩😩

So Kaname sacrificed himself, fine. BUT HE DIDN'T EXACTLY DIED. So there was hope in there, somewhere. Yuki failed to function without KANAME, it just shows how much she loves him. Didn't even bat an eye because of Zero's feelings. The only thing that made her want to live again is her child WITH KANAME. She went away until the child was born, then she came back and hooked up with Zero, with Zero knowing he was just a replacement. WHATTHE. How do you think Zero would feel? Is he a F*UCKING SAINT TO BE A MARTYR? Fine, then years passed Zero died. She went were Kaname was resting and SACRIFICED HERSELF? I mean, that was the chance for them to be happy. Why not search for another pureblood who wants to die and make the sacrifice instead (like the guy who was supposed to turn Yuki into a human?). And then she could FUCKING USE THE MEDICINE THEY DISCOVERED AND LIVE A HUMAN LIFE WITH HIM INSTEAD OF DYING THE DAY KANAME WAS REVIVED AND LEAVING A MESSAGE SAYING, "I want to give to you, WHOM I (F*CKING) LOVE, the world that I saw when I was a human. SHE COULD HAVE SHOWN HIM PERSONALLY. LIVE WITH HIM AND BE HAPPY. Fulfill what she dreamt about, Kaname smiling while holding a (their new, please!) baby under the sun. But in the end, she had to die in order for the story to be tragic. It could have been a happy ending. 😐😐
Apr 5, 2016 7:24 AM
Apr 2016
Idk I liked the ending because I ship both zeki and yume and I liked how both guys fucked yuuki....

I give it 69/10

GG Hino

Lol bye

Btw that was one hell of a happy ending
Apr 24, 2016 3:56 AM
Apr 2016
Ok so I'm pretty obsessed with this story for awhile ive read and watched it over and over throughout the years I just finished it again, I always go back and forth on who I root for between Kaname and Zero I just love them both Same with Yukki I can't hate her for any of her actions I will say the ending was very sad and unfulfilling. I hate that its over and has been for years. its a story I wished would keep going, I wish the story was more depth with Zero and Yukki relationship after Kaname is out of the picture, the ups and downs and just to see how their love had grew when children were added to the mix. I'm not to sad for kaname, even though he has no memory he has her kids to inform on the the years he has been away.about the happieness he provided Yukki with giving her to zero which was inevitable but givng her a life he never could and he now has a fresh start to a happy human life but sadly without yukki I feel the children will fill the void of Yukkis sacrifice and he will experience a life with way less sadness and agony. I'm sad that zero dies in the first place even though he is half vampire he still a vampire and I never saw deathe for him, I imagine yukki and zero life being filled with the immense love and happieness they always longed for. I'm glad t make my contribution to this story I love. hopefully this forum so old I don't catch any flak for this lol
Jun 29, 2016 1:53 PM
Jun 2016
so i've noticed the reactions here, and i'm kinda confused... almost the same thing happened in the end of the divergent series, and everyone was fiiiine; it was a sacrifice that made a great ending... but when it happens in this its a horror? don't get me wrong this ending pretty much ruined the series for me but still! i can't ignore the hypocrisy here... also i just wish they choose one of the people to live with, maybe the other pureblood who was gonna change Yuki could change Kaname and then everyone could live happily ever after Yuki with Zero watching over Kaname living a human life without any memories and everyone can live happily ever after... also the salt on this page is enough to compete with the Dead Sea, dear god.
Aug 3, 2016 5:45 AM
Aug 2016
I think the ending was quite beautiful. It's not like Kaname just knocked up sister and left forever. If you paid attention they weren't siblings, he was her ancestor. And it was hard for Yukki to be in love with two people. She had an obligation to be with Kaname because she was a pureblood and always has strong feeling for him because he saved her life. As for Zero, Yukki and Zero had a bond totally different from that of her and Kaname. Yukki was with Zero even at his lowest points and always tried for him to the best of her ability. I think the ending was perfect because she got have the chance to have a child with both of the men she loved. If you think Yukki was a slut then you're an idiot. I don't think I could I have chosen between the two if I was in her position. Kaname even said Yukki and Zero should be together before he threw his heart into the furnace, besides that it still took over 50years for to get with Zero! The fact that Zero and Yukki both died at same time so Kaname could have a chance at happiness is beautiful in its own way.
Sep 11, 2016 12:28 AM
Sep 2016
She left her kids with Kaname, and all Kaname remembered was one memory of her. But he doesn't know that she was his lover. He loved both the children and even said that 'half of each of you comes from a person I loved'.
Oct 4, 2016 1:40 AM
Jul 2016
Everything in the end was all crap. Yuuki was such a jerk and Zero was like a desperate old man. I ship Zero and Yuuki, but d#mn that was so low. Yuuki, sleeping with Kaname and bearing his child, Yori pushing Zero and Yuuki to be together, drinking each others blood, live together, and they sleep together and also bearing Zero's child, it was almost perfect but Zero died protecting Yuuki and the child and devoured Zero, then Yuuki revived Kaname into human with her life in the front of her children saying the man who he love in the world, I wonder how Ren would feel? I feel so sorry for Zero his character had so much tragic, he lost his family because of Kaname, becoming a vampire and also loving someone who loves Kaname, his rival and the root of his all suffering. He deserve better by just being a tool and a love substitute.
Jan 16, 2017 3:01 PM
Dec 2016
FML, Zero never truly got a "happy ending"

At least he died knowing that Ren (loves him) and that Yuuki (Somewhat loves him? Lmfao Fuck her)
Mar 1, 2017 12:11 PM
Mar 2017
Mais je ne comprend pas zero il meurt comment c'est un vampire nn et dans qu'elle chapitre !!!!!??????????
Oct 28, 2018 10:29 AM
Dec 2010
koko_popk said:
Mais je ne comprend pas zero il meurt comment c'est un vampire nn et dans qu'elle chapitre !!!!!??????????

Dans l'épilogue.
Mar 19, 2019 2:40 PM

Oct 2011
Ah hah. I'm thirsty for more chapters.

Story concept was good (after mentally preparing myself with spoilers), but execution was too compressed/quick to flesh out properly. Things happened at a 2fast2furious pace. Timeskips could've been complimented by few memorial chapters or scenes, not just different hairstyles. Was initially expecting the series to pace out like DGM or Kuroshitsuji, but Hino must've been eager to finish her vampire concept, maybe lost interest in thinking about it. First chapters were best though, lots of experimenting and variety in wardrobe.
Noncritically, it's a memorable series. First and fav manga.

Aug 17, 2020 9:43 PM
Mar 2014
All i can say is I've lost hope. Hino sensei had no regard for Zero and treated him like shit. He was merely a replacement for Yuki and even then when he died Yuki goes and takes her life to revive Kaname leaving the kids behind. This person is so full of themselves my god it isn't even funny
Oct 2, 2020 3:16 AM
Jul 2014
one of the worst stories i ever read in life
Aug 19, 2021 3:06 PM

May 2010
Eh, I'm not THAT disappointed honestly. I kinda expected Kaname to die or sacrifice himself *because reasons* at the end, but had no idea what would author do to Yuki - kill them both, let them live by themselves in solitude? Apparently no, I guess impregnating her to bear one child, immidiately afterwards making her stay with Zero and have another child with him (so both of her lovers can get equal treatment, I guess??) and THEN letting her die to bring back Kaname was a better idea, huh.

I mean, Zero is way hotter better anyway, and Yuki spend 1000 years with him and their little family, which is quite a lot, even after his death she wasn't just happily reunited with Kaname, just brought him back to life sacrificing herself... so it's not THAT terrible. It's more that all this shouldn't be crammed into like 5 pages, because it's hard to follow and make sense of it. Oh welp, hopefully the spin-off series improves this kind of ending.

Other than that I honestly had a lot of fun reading this series - sure, this is just manga version of Twilight with some bizzare incesteous undertones and a lot of cheesy dialogue - but the artstyle was pretty, action scenes easy to follow, and some of the storylines had me engaged. Not my favourite shoujo series, but I'm not gonna hate on it or anything. 7/10
Feb 8, 2022 7:15 PM
Feb 2022
I too agree that the ending was kind of bad .even though i felt bad for kaname , i felt more bad for zero , because later it is revealed that even yuki and zero started a relationship after almost 5 decades , she still thought of kaname and dreamed about the day that he would be reunited with her and her daughter , she still thought of him even when she was holding hands with zero .HE should have fallen in love with a normal human instead of yuki who loved him but would choose kaname over him at any time or day even after 1000 years .. but if she was able to remove his memories and leave him with humans , he would have had a better ending .Also ,zero daughter was born after 60 years after kanames slumber
Feb 8, 2022 7:15 PM
Feb 2022
I too agree that the ending was kind of bad .even though i felt bad for kaname , i felt more bad for zero , because later it is revealed that even yuki and zero started a relationship after almost 5 decades , she still thought of kaname and dreamed about the day that he would be reunited with her and her daughter , she still thought of him even when she was holding hands with zero .HE should have fallen in love with a normal human instead of yuki who loved him but would choose kaname over him at any time or day even after 1000 years .. but if she was able to remove his memories and leave him with humans , he would have had a better ending .Also ,zero daughter was born after 60 years after kanames slumber
Feb 8, 2022 7:18 PM
Feb 2022
Mgst123 said:
Everything in the end was all crap. Yuuki was such a jerk and Zero was like a desperate old man. I ship Zero and Yuuki, but d#mn that was so low. Yuuki, sleeping with Kaname and bearing his child, Yori pushing Zero and Yuuki to be together, drinking each others blood, live together, and they sleep together and also bearing Zero's child, it was almost perfect but Zero died protecting Yuuki and the child and devoured Zero, then Yuuki revived Kaname into human with her life in the front of her children saying the man who he love in the world, I wonder how Ren would feel? I feel so sorry for Zero his character had so much tragic, he lost his family because of Kaname, becoming a vampire and also loving someone who loves Kaname, his rival and the root of his all suffering. He deserve better by just being a tool and a love substitute.
Actually ren knew a lot about him since yuki talked about him a lot
Aug 24, 2022 8:33 PM

Dec 2012
That ending was unexpectedly satisfying. While the journey to this point was clumsy & somewhat disorienting, I still feel this to be an agreeable destination. The ending finds a bittersweet balance that took an entirely different route from what I had imagined. I thought that it would have ended with vampires & humans finally overcoming differences and that Cross Academy would have been the ultimate incarnation of that theme at the end. Instead, the conclusion basically eradicates vampirism, enforcing the overarching idea that humans & vampires were simply too different in their existence.

But in that sense, the role of Cross Academy makes me think of the author's other one-shot manga about the Grumpy Baker. That even though it was fleeting and didn't last, it played an important role in bringing the characters together who could finally end thousands of years of strife between the two species.

This is no doubt an unpopular sentiment, but I personally like the way the main trio's character arcs concluded. Vampire Knight constantly focuses on how their feelings remained unchanging. Though conflicted & confused at times, they ultimately were bound to those strong desires for one another. Zero, who was finally honest enough to prioritize his love of Yuuki over his hatred of vampires. Kaname, who was caught between what to do for Yuuki's sake. And Yuuki, who loved both of them - a love of passion for Zero and a love of deep admiration for Kaname. I don't think it's a copout that she never chose one over the other. I feel that the whole point of her loving both of them was to show how she still had feelings based on her distinct experiences as both a human & a vampire.

The final pages are actually quite poetic in portraying those everlasting feelings. Yuuki's love for Zero lasts a lifetime. The feelings were real but it wasn't meant to last. In contrast, Yuuki sacrifices eternity to show Kaname the fleeting but beautiful world she lived in for 11 years. As a vampire, it's the ultimate display of her undying affection for Kaname.

Personally, I was always rooting for Zero and wasn't so fond of Kaname. That said, this ending moved me and I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief for Kaname. That after over 10,000 years of permanence, he was freed of his enormous burdens to live a blink's worth of time in comparison. Not buried in a coffin or in a deep, dark forest, but out in the same sunlight that Yuuki freely basked in.

I started VK with the anime back in 2008 and never imagined I'd ever read the manga a whole 14 years later. It helps lay some adolescent nostalgia to rest and I do feel a sense of peace as I turn the final page on this saga.

8/10
Feb 4, 8:37 PM
Mar 2020
I am TRAUMATIZED. Why did kaname have to sacrifice himself. At least he comes back to life but now he’s human and without yuki…. Very disappointed and I’ll never get over this.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 56 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 20, 2009

29 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.