Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2008 7:57 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alright this is my first thread *crosses fingers*

What did everyone think of this episode ?

Last night i watched it on scfi and ii was a little disapointed in the ending because the antagonist didn't die they should've ended it good instead of a cliffhanger like that

I mean come on he should've paid the price for what he done instead of mysteriously surviving from a burning building or whatever that place was called

Jan 16, 2009 1:57 AM

Mar 2008
I am kinda disappointed in the hospital-scene after the burning building. I mean Kurosaki saved Tsuzuki, but Kurosaki is just outside already when Tsuzuki wakes up. I mean. Kurosaki risked his life in the burning building.
Nothing is what is seems.
Expect the unexpected.
May 1, 2009 5:23 PM

Jan 2008
Caper_the_fox100 said:
Last night i watched it on scfi and ii was a little disapointed in the ending because the antagonist didn't die they should've ended it good instead of a cliffhanger like that

I mean come on he should've paid the price for what he done instead of mysteriously surviving from a burning building or whatever that place was called

Bad guys always survive collateral damage. If you throw a bomb a high-ranking bad-guy he can just walk out of the explosion unharmed, simply because the explosion causes you to not see him, and as long as they are out of the camera's sight they can do whatever they want, no matter how many laws of physics and whatmore it goes against.
If one of the bad-guys is in a burning and collapsing building, even if you see he is there when a massive piece of the building falls on him, he can survive simply because the thing that will crush him obscures the view of him. Also, before the building collapsed, he was left alone for several minute in which he could have even walked away. And lets not forget that this guy can teleport!

AndreTheDark said:
I am kinda disappointed in the hospital-scene after the burning building. I mean Kurosaki saved Tsuzuki, but Kurosaki is just outside already when Tsuzuki wakes up. I mean. Kurosaki risked his life in the burning building.

The one who did the actual saving was Tatsumi. He teleported them both out with some spell called "shadow vacuum" or something, and Tsuzuki was inside that burning room way longer than Kurosaki, so of course he had to stay in bed longer.

Now, for my own complaints! lol
In the beginning of the episode, Hisoka thinks there is no use trying to save Tsuzuki, because he might already have forgotten all about them. What the fuck sort of lame-ass thinking is that! He has absolutely no basis to assume Tsuzuki has lost him memory, thats like without any basis saying that there is no use going to school/work today, everyone there might have forgotten who I am anyway. REALLY strange thing to say.

Another strange thing I noticed was something that pimp-guy who owned Hisoka in the swordfight said. He said that Hisoka and Muraki were fighting for the same reason. Didn't they fight for totally opposite reasons? Hisoka to protect Tsuzuki and Muraki to kill Saki? Or did the pimp misunderstand "I have to get Tsuzuki back" as "I want to kill Muraki only because I hate him"?

Oh yeah, on the note of Muraki killing Saki. Muraki wants an immortal body for Saki so that he can kill him? That doesn't really make sense does it now?
DarkBlueApr 19, 2011 5:26 PM
Jul 1, 2009 11:53 PM

Aug 2008
i remember i saw this anime like 3 years ago when i started watching anime, and only reason was because at that time i did not know what Yaoi was only was interested in the supernatural part, but god damit i watched all 13 episodes wtf ya thank god i know that i will never watch it again.
Jan 23, 2010 9:23 PM

Jul 2009
Ok...

The ednig is a bit odd and it didn't surprised me dat Muraki survived. I guess dat way the author could've easily make another season out of this anime.

DarkBlue said:
Oh yeah, on the note of Muraki killing Saki. Muraki wants an immortal body for Saki so that he can kill him? That doesn't really make sense does it now?

Damn, I wrote way more that I intended. lol

Yea I agree!! I mean seriously if u just want ur damn revenge then just kill the one dat killed him.

^^Oh!! & I don't think u wrote too much. ^^
Oct 30, 2010 3:43 AM

Jul 2010
I just think this anime is beautiful... and worth watching despite all that was said before
Apr 19, 2011 1:21 PM

Sep 2009
I think ending was cute - with no lame kisses and "I love you" replics. This anime doesn't show a typical shounen-ai love story between two males, but I would say it rather shows a friendship between two men , who maybe feel something to each other, but know that their friendship , which was founded as a result of many obstacles, is stronger than that feeling.

Unfortunately anime haven't impressed me. It was okay, but nothing special, no overrated opinion, no unusual emotions. Some episodes were boring and foolish, but I'm not sure wether it depended more on these series or more on my mood. It's a little bit controversial question because I can't rate objectively.I'll need to think about it...

By the way, for those who read Yami no Matsuei manga, is it worth reading?
SarahmiApr 19, 2011 1:26 PM
Mar 19, 2013 8:18 PM

Mar 2013
The ending was a little unsatisfactory, but not enough to annoy me, at least. Just that I do always find it a bit irksome when things come to a climax in a huge battle, and everyone involved ends up walking away with no lasting damage. The way Watari was talking, the spell Tsuzuki cast was an inescapable death sentence. And then everyone escapes not even harmed, even Muraki. Tsuzuki is even better off, having found inner peace or whatever. Ah... if I knew a better word for that kind of thing than 'bullshit', I would use it.

Well, I come out of Yami no Matsuei feeling... indifferent. I didn't dislike it, but it didn't do much for me.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Mar 30, 2013 2:41 AM
Aug 2011
Muraki isn't dead. This could of been the biggest surprise ever if only we didn't see it coming from miles away.
*insert typical shounen-esque saying here*: That bastard won't die even when you kill him.

Meh I wanted Tatsumi and Tsuzuki to get it on right there in hospital bed at least.
Jun 14, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2010
Getting into this anime, I knew that it wasn't going to be the whole story since the manga is ongoing, but I was hoping it would end at a better place. It looks like it leaves room for a second season, but it's annoying cause the whole time they have been trying to kill Muraki and by the end of the series, they haven't completed that goal at all.
Feb 25, 2015 8:19 AM

Feb 2015
Well, we definitely didn't get a closed ending to this one. But then again it doesn't bother me that much. I'm kinda glad that Muraki didn't die in the end. It would have been little anti-climax since we didn't even get to see him die. And isn't it almost some kind of rule that if you don't really see a character dying, he probably didn't. Most of the cases that is how goes at least. And sometimes even if you see a character dying it is guaranteed that he or she is actually really dead.

It's hard to say what I think about this anime overall. I really liked watching it but it still isn't gonna stay in my mind very long. There were couple characters which I liked (Tsuzuki, Muraki) and for the rest were pretty much indifferent to me.

I feel kind of bad for the guy who was wearing kimono. It was obvious that he had some feelings for Muraki. We don't know if it was just friendship or something more but still. Muraki just left him without a blink. Poor guy...

It's sad that this was the ending. It wasn't a bad bad ending but I would have liked to know what happens now. To Tsuzuki and Hisoka and of course Muraki. Will he try to get Tsuzuki again or will he try to stay hidden. I'm pretty sure Saki 'died' in the explosion so Muraki don't really have a reason to try to get Tsuzuki except if he just wants to get to his pants this time xD Maybe someday I'll try to find the manga and then just find out myself.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Oct 15, 2018 8:30 PM

Jun 2014
Muraki apparently isn't dead, but more importantly Tsuzuki has survived. Tsuzuki and Hisoka make a great couple.

I enjoyed this quite a bit. I do wish that this were longer, though.

Aug 6, 2019 5:01 PM

Apr 2017
Worst plot ever horny villain with no reason the Seme acts like Uke and the Uke acts like Seme it is a shame that lovely character designs is wasted on garbage plot
Aug 4, 2021 1:31 PM

Jan 2021
Oh man. Muraki Isn’t dead.
But I guess they can never kill him off.
Also despite everyone saying it’s garbage.
I still actually liked it.
Aug 14, 2021 10:23 AM
Dec 2017
wish this series did got a reboot now.

Nov 6, 2021 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
Crow_Black said:
wish this series did got a reboot now.

DON'T

It's perfect the way it is, the superb direction, colour use, voice acting, character designs, music, using humour where it's appropriate... This anime has so much soul.
NO reboot would ever come close to what J.C. Staff gave us.
Jun 22, 2022 9:52 AM

May 2008
I mean, probably not- But at this point there's a lot of things I'd do for any more of YnM lol.
Aug 18, 2022 11:31 AM
Dec 2021
amazing anime!!! I really like muraki, so sexy!. the 2 mcs are also hot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yami no Matsuei Episode 6 Discussion

stand - Mar 27, 2013

10 by ok_daddy »»
Mar 10, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Yami no Matsuei Episode 7 Discussion

YandereYuuya - Mar 19, 2013

6 by Tarke21 »»
Aug 9, 2022 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yami no Matsuei Episode 12 Discussion

DarkBlue - May 1, 2009

8 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 14, 2021 10:22 AM

Poll: » Yami no Matsuei Episode 11 Discussion

stand - Mar 30, 2013

5 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 14, 2021 10:22 AM

Poll: » Yami no Matsuei Episode 10 Discussion

YandereYuuya - Mar 19, 2013

6 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 14, 2021 10:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.