Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 16, 2015 3:33 AM

Jan 2011
xsilicon9 said:
Can they even make another season? The manga is on hiatus.

Judging from how far the manga was (Mall and beyond), they could easily squeeze another 11 or 12 episodes out of it in my opinion. But this time they should probably forget the manga at some point and make a ending.
Jan 18, 2015 7:19 AM

Jan 2014
Its never a good sign to go on hiatus
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
Mar 15, 2015 9:54 PM

Nov 2014
So after browsing what I could find (some of this might be old news), Daisuke Sato got heart disease but he's well and returned to normal health. However, while he was still in the hospital recovering, he didn't expect the series to spike in popularity so much.

I believe I read somewhere that Sato already did some drafting for where the story will continue and go, to see if the manga was still popular, and finally to let fans know that they haven't forgotten about it. Another thing to note is, the popularity of zombies aren't as demanding in Japan compared to North America and while the manga is supposedly still coming, it seems to be on hiatus still.

The next chapters of H.O.T.D. are VERY crucial on deciding if the series will end or continue when they go on sale. Basically, if North American H.O.T.D. fans don't buy digital copies, they'll take it as a sign of losing interest and the series will end prematurely... so don't be upset if that does happen. It'll be the fault of those not supporting the creators.

I held off from the series a few years back until finally finishing it now but I personally feel that it has potential for a second round (the last episode made me go: Is that it? More please) but no idea on how soon and depending on how slow or busy Sato has been with his other projects.
Mar 19, 2015 11:19 AM

Jan 2015
We are waiting you HOTD season 2...and obviously the manga too
Mar 28, 2015 9:11 PM
Feb 2014
Plinius said:
Still hoping...still praying...

You have my thanks for the fanservice (y)
Apr 12, 2015 9:52 AM
Apr 2015
Before I start, I just want you guys to know that this is my first post here and also to a forum so please correct me if Im doing it wrong. I also want to apologize for my bad grammar since english is my second language.
Without further a due, I am here to tell everyone who's tired and sick of over hearing a false rumour about 'Second Season of Highschool of The Dead is finally green lit!' that you should only rely on official websites i.e AnimeNewsNetwork.com who ovbiously doesn't spread false information. I'm also an HOTD fanatic but I don't really hope much for the second season since its nearly like we're talking about 1% or so to be aired. I still didn't lose my hope though so I also want to share to everyone who hasn't still heard of the website called Anichart.net which is basically a chart/timetable of anime that are currently on air/ airing date of a certain anime by year/ and also TBA animes.Go check this website regulary and you might just know that you will see 'HOTD S2' on their chart soon :P It's a legit website and I do trust this website since its giving me the right information i.e It gave me the exact airing time of the 3rd season of DXD :.

And oh btw, Shouji Sato's manga 'TriageX' just got an anime and was started to aired 3 days ago (I've seen it and I was really impressed). If the anime production went well, it might be a good sign that Shouji and Daisuke will have their motivation to continue what they left on HOTD manga.
Apr 25, 2015 9:43 PM

Nov 2012
My only guess is that if they were to continue the anime they'll have to get a new director and God knows how that would turn out. I highly doubt Araki would be available if he's committed to Shingeki no Kyojin (and let's face it, it's in his best interests to choose SnK over this series).
BTW I'd rather have HXH come back from hiatus X'D
May 3, 2015 12:21 PM

Mar 2015
I can't believe it. 4 years without any progress or development of the series season 2? The season 1 pretty much leave me hanging. By this point, I don't care if they want to do an original animation or anything, I just want to see the characters back. The OVA said until next time, but when is it???

May 23, 2015 1:09 AM

Nov 2014
Don't really think it is going to happen anytime soon, though I would really like it, its been quite a long time
Jun 7, 2015 2:34 PM
Jan 2015
This is the thing with ecchi/harem anime. Maximum 2 seasons. Sekirei made me lose my mind searching for a a third season and it is much worse than HOTD because the ending was ridiculous. At least season of HOTD finished with a beautiful ending.

The best harem/ecchi of all times is now Highschool DXD in the third season but is rare to happen.

Makes really sad because when an anime finishes and i know there will never be another episode again my heart gets totally broken.
Jun 16, 2015 9:30 AM

Sep 2013
Traige X, Kohta cameo XD

Maybe Xebec will pick up HOTD?
Jul 13, 2015 11:24 PM

Sep 2014
Aries said:
Its never a good sign to go on hiatus

Nope, only manga series I can think of where the author did come back in a reasonable amount of time was Deadmans Wonderland, but by that time they already fucked up the anime to a point where a second season wouldn't even be possible. Would have to redo the entire thing
Oct 26, 2015 4:53 PM
Oct 2015
Hiei3x said:
This is the thing with ecchi/harem anime. Maximum 2 seasons. Sekirei made me lose my mind searching for a a third season and it is much worse than HOTD because the ending was ridiculous. At least season of HOTD finished with a beautiful ending.

The best harem/ecchi of all times is now Highschool DXD in the third season but is rare to happen.

Makes really sad because when an anime finishes and i know there will never be another episode again my heart gets totally broken.
Highschool DxD is waaay more fanservice than HOTD. But that's actually the example I was hoping HOTD would follow. DxD anime has continued after the manga already stopped. I hope HOTD does similar. The characters and story so far have been developed to the point that they can build off of it quite easily now and have plenty of material to work with. They can break off of the story where the anime currently left off, arriving at the shopping mall, or they can animate the rest of the manga and then go from there. There's enough material to just about make a new complete season from the current manga alone... but who knows, they may not have permission to animate anymore HOTD, whether from the manga or even original material based on their characters. I don't see any other reason why they wouldn't make anything new otherwise
FareWhetherFanOct 26, 2015 4:58 PM
Oct 29, 2015 8:44 AM

Oct 2015
So theres really no season 2.... Goddamn it they kept it hanging zzz
Oct 29, 2015 8:44 AM

Oct 2015
So theres really no season 2.... Goddamn it they kept it hanging zzz
Oct 29, 2015 8:51 AM

Jul 2013
FareWhetherFan said:
Highschool DxD is waaay more fanservice than HOTD. But that's actually the example I was hoping HOTD would follow. DxD anime has continued after the manga already stopped. I hope HOTD does similar. The characters and story so far have been developed to the point that they can build off of it quite easily now and have plenty of material to work with. They can break off of the story where the anime currently left off, arriving at the shopping mall, or they can animate the rest of the manga and then go from there. There's enough material to just about make a new complete season from the current manga alone... but who knows, they may not have permission to animate anymore HOTD, whether from the manga or even original material based on their characters. I don't see any other reason why they wouldn't make anything new otherwise

To point out a few things that are wrong:
• DxD continued after the manga stopped because it's actually a light novel adaptation.
• There isn't enough content to make a second season and it wouldn't have a proper place to stop at.
• It's not the studio that decides what gets animated in the vast majority of times. It's usually the source material publishing company and the video distributor that lead the project.
• There is no benefit whatsoever in continuing the anime because they can't promote a manga that is on hiatus.
Dec 7, 2015 9:47 AM

Jan 2012
The first season feel incomplete we needs s:2

Dec 17, 2015 7:54 PM

Sep 2013
Kruzy said:

• There isn't enough content to make a second season and it wouldn't have a proper place to stop at.

The supermarket arc can be done in 10 ep. so they can just add in a filler episode and extend some scenes, it also ends in good place (sucks that it'll never be completed thou :(
Jan 6, 2016 4:28 PM

May 2013
5 years going on 6, I'd be shocked if they even make another official announcement regarding S2 lol
Feb 3, 2016 1:11 AM
Dec 2015
they honestly need to make a season 2! honestly whats taking so long?? argh was awesome anime!!
Mar 30, 2016 7:37 AM

Jul 2014
lol never gonna happne

I was reading my full color edition of HOTD today after breakfast
many years ago I buy it at some anime event I was starting college when I fell in love with HOTD now I already finished college, 5 years later, and didnt had a season 2 XD

Apr 2, 2016 9:24 PM
Mar 2016
there probably won't be a season 2, the manga is dead and back then, zombie animes were not popular.
Apr 2, 2016 9:37 PM

Mar 2015
LeWick said:
there probably won't be a season 2, the manga is dead and back then, zombie animes were not popular.
sure it's not as popular as western, but doesn't mean it not sells at all! HOTD breaking 100K sells for manga. it's the author and artist who decide to not make more. both of them separated afterwards.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.