Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 30, 2013 12:52 PM

Jul 2012
Has anyone watched this amazing American cartoon? What do you think of it? Somehow or another, its slipped under the radar to an extent, despite being one of the best cartoons I've seen. Great animation, nice humerous comedy for adults and children, and possibly a story is developing.
Also, Mabel is adorable.
THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pe4_sVz5wo
"THE FUTURE IS IN THE PAST! ONWARDS AOSHIMA!"
Mar 30, 2013 1:04 PM

Nov 2011
It's probably the best thing Disney has offered in a while. While it can't compare to classics like Ducktales and Darkwing Duck it's a good ways better than Phineas and Ferb and Fish hooks.

Also I saw an episode and I think I saw a creature made in reference to Spirited Away does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Mar 30, 2013 1:53 PM

Jul 2012
BlackSabotage said:
It's probably the best thing Disney has offered in a while. While it can't compare to classics like Ducktales and Darkwing Duck it's a good ways better than Phineas and Ferb and Fish hooks.

Also I saw an episode and I think I saw a creature made in reference to Spirited Away does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I've never seen Ducktales or Darkwing Duck, but I do agree that Gravity Falls is better than Phineas and Ferb and Fish Hooks, though I do at least like Phineas and Ferb. I think my main complaint with it is that its too repetitive.
I didn't notice a Spirited Away reference, as far as I know....Hmm...
Mar 30, 2013 2:22 PM

Nov 2011
Battlechili1 said:
BlackSabotage said:

I've never seen Ducktales or Darkwing Duck, but I do agree that Gravity Falls is better than Phineas and Ferb and Fish Hooks, though I do at least like Phineas and Ferb. I think my main complaint with it is that its too repetitive.

You know that thing in spirited away that wears the mask and turns into a bug like creature and starts eating everything? I can swear they had a monster in Gravity falls that looked almost exactly the same. I think the monster was made out of throw away candy or something lol.
Mar 30, 2013 2:27 PM

Jul 2012
BlackSabotage said:
Battlechili1 said:
BlackSabotage said:

You know that thing in spirited away that wears the mask and turns into a bug like creature and starts eating everything? I can swear they had a monster in Gravity falls that looked almost exactly the same. I think the monster was made out of throw away candy or something lol.

I think it was the Summerween Trixter. Look that up and tell me if I'm right.
EDIT: www.gravityfalls.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_allusions
Mar 30, 2013 2:36 PM

Dec 2011
I watched a couple episodes after hearing a lot of praise about it, but I couldn't get into it.
Mar 30, 2013 2:40 PM

Nov 2011
Battlechili1 said:
BlackSabotage said:
Battlechili1 said:
BlackSabotage said:

I think it was the Summerween Trixter. Look that up and tell me if I'm right.
EDIT: http://www.gravityfalls.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_allusions

Yes that's it! I knew it looked too similar to be a coincidence!
EmperorDemonGavaMar 30, 2013 2:44 PM
Mar 30, 2013 10:42 PM

Mar 2011
I loved it since the first episode. By far one of the most interesting cartoons of recent years. I love the characters, especially Mabel, she's just my perfect combination of crazy, adorable, and fun.
Mar 30, 2013 10:58 PM

Jul 2012
VannaBee said:
I loved it since the first episode. By far one of the most interesting cartoons of recent years. I love the characters, especially Mabel, she's just my perfect combination of crazy, adorable, and fun.

Mabel is great. I mean, she's so silly, and very quotable.
"I'll legalize everything".
:P
Mar 30, 2013 11:17 PM

Mar 2011
Battlechili1 said:
VannaBee said:

Mabel is great. I mean, she's so silly, and very quotable.
"I'll legalize everything".
:P

"HA! An invisible wizard!"
Mar 31, 2013 10:20 AM

Apr 2012
The best American cartoon would have to go to Invader Zim.
Mar 31, 2013 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah. I love this show. Mabel is great, Dipper is great, the characters are fun, the show gets a lot of laughs, the animation is good, the setting is interesting. Overall, thumbs up
The Art of Eight
Mar 31, 2013 11:55 AM

Mar 2013
Gravity Falls is now the only reason why I watch disney channel now. Phineas and Ferb has gotten really bad; they ran out of cheesy and ironic jokes. They also ran out of things to invent, seeing how they are repeating their old inventions in different ways and focusing more on perry.
merumerumerumerumerumexinfinity
Feb 16, 2016 9:50 AM

Oct 2010
Nice necro.

But agreed, this show is simply great & Pines siblings For The Win!!

...cest.
Feb 16, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah. Gravity Falls is really good. I also like Star Vs. the Forces of Evil.
Feb 16, 2016 10:21 AM

Feb 2015
Gravity Falls has ended.

Feb 16, 2016 10:36 AM

Sep 2009
Nice necro, guys.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 16, 2016 10:31 PM

Oct 2015
That's definitely one of my favorite cartoons of all time, it was really good.
Feb 16, 2016 11:04 PM

Jul 2014
It's a good show. I really have to catch up on it.
Feb 18, 2016 12:47 PM

Jan 2014
Pretty sad that it's over. Easily one of the best shows in a while, and now I have nothing to watch from Disney channel.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 22, 2016 1:40 AM

Jul 2015
Great show, wish this came out, like, 12 years ago so I would have grown up with it.

By the way, if any of you want to keep your good memories of this show alive do not, I repeat do.. fucking.. not, read or watch anything related to "Dipper goes to Taco Bell".
Feb 23, 2016 11:44 PM

Nov 2011
LeviAck said:
Great show, wish this came out, like, 12 years ago so I would have grown up with it.

By the way, if any of you want to keep your good memories of this show alive do not, I repeat do.. fucking.. not, read or watch anything related to "Dipper goes to Taco Bell".

Gonna read about Dipper goes to Taco Bell.
Feb 25, 2016 3:00 AM

Dec 2014
It's pretty freaking awesome in my opinion.
Can't believe it's finished now tho...

Feb 25, 2016 5:32 AM

Dec 2015
Waifu_Strangler said:
LeviAck said:

Gonna read about Dipper goes to Taco Bell.

My god the internet is a messed up place.

Feb 27, 2016 12:22 AM

Jul 2015
So_Phia said:
LeviAck said:
do not, I repeat do.. fucking.. not, read or watch anything related to "Dipper goes to Taco Bell".

I'm reading it right now and it's not even that bad..

edit:
I AM SPEECHLESS

I warned you once..

Now I'm gonna warn you not to read "Mabel Goes To Wendy's"..

..Fuck it, I'm making things worse, aren't I?
May 25, 2016 12:45 AM

Mar 2012
I watched all 40 episodes in about a 3-4 day span (47 if you count the shorts).

What an absolute gem of a cartoon. It was one of the most outstanding cartoons I've ever watched. Going into it, I didn't have much for expectations. Now that it's over, I'm not sure what I can watch that's going to fill the void this one left.

I also have to add, what a perfect conclusion to the show. I don't think it could have ended any better.

More topics from this board

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
3 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
3 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7584 by NiaAlexandria »»
5 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.