Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
May 2, 2013 3:48 PM

May 2013
Fairy Tail is countinuing... I think that the series got too close to the manga, and that's why they stopped airing it.
At the end of the 175th episode, it crearly says "TO BE CONTINUE" and that we will meet again. I think that in a year...

For the predictions I have, I've been reading the manga, not all of it, just a few. I think Acnalogia and Zeref are conected. I think Zeref is the human part of Acnalogia, for Acnalogia was once a Dragon Slayer that used too much slaying magic, transforming into one. And Zeref's "age" is the same as the how many years was the war between Dragons (400). That's why Zeref wanted Natsu to kill him, because he thinks Natsu can kill Acnalogia, thus, killing him (Zeref).

I feel bad for Zeref though... In the future, where Levy it's all wounded and crying about how that someone (Clearly Gajeel) died, I think it is because Acnalogia destroyed everything, and maybe other dragons.. Or maybe a war between the dragons that are still alive, Dragon slayers and Zeref/Acnalogia.

This is my prediction, and I'm so certain of it. I will wait until they air the series again.
May 2, 2013 5:09 PM

Nov 2010
SoleilM said:
Fairy Tail is countinuing... I think that the series got too close to the manga, and that's why they stopped airing it.
At the end of the 175th episode, it crearly says "TO BE CONTINUE" and that we will meet again. I think that in a year...
The series did get too close to the manga, but it also had low tv ratings. Also the movie's sales might have affected it.
It does say that, but if you've read the manga, then you would notice that the "TO BE CONTINUED" message is the ending to that scene in the manga. It was not made for the anime to say that it would be continued, but was in the manga originally.
May 2, 2013 5:32 PM

Apr 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
SoleilM said:
The series did get too close to the manga, but it also had low tv ratings. Also the movie's sales might have affected it.
It does say that, but if you've read the manga, then you would notice that the "TO BE CONTINUED" message is the ending to that scene in the manga. It was not made for the anime to say that it would be continued, but was in the manga originally.

Doesn't it have something to do with Lucy's voice actress as well? I remember reading that somewhere unless I'm wrong...
May 2, 2013 5:43 PM

Nov 2010
Killua1102 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
SoleilM said:

Doesn't it have something to do with Lucy's voice actress as well? I remember reading that somewhere unless I'm wrong...
Well there was something up with her, but I've heard that it wouldn't affect her current jobs. And I don't think a VA possibly not being able to do the voice would bother them that much, there are probably tons of others that would take the job. It was probably mostly if not all about the tv ratings and how close the anime was to the manga.
May 3, 2013 10:55 PM

Dec 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
SoleilM said:

I think Mashima put that panel in the manga for the anime and not just for the sake of it, also the movie sold very well (80k+ copies last I checked). In addition in may we will be seeing a BluRay release of the movie and 2 more OVAs coming in June and August, soI think all is looking good for the anime return.
May 3, 2013 11:59 PM

Nov 2010
hyperwarp said:
IntroverTurtle said:
SoleilM said:
I think Mashima put that panel in the manga for the anime and not just for the sake of it, also the movie sold very well (80k+ copies last I checked). In addition in may we will be seeing a BluRay release of the movie and 2 more OVAs coming in June and August, soI think all is looking good for the anime return.
That is possible, but why would he do that? All they have to do is put it in the anime, there's no reason to put it in the manga. Has he done a to be continued panel before? And was there anything special about that scene or chapter besides it being the one that the anime would stop at that would make him put it in there? Even if he put it in there for the anime, doesn't make the possibility of it returning greater. Many anime still haven't continued after having a to be continued message and sometimes I think sometimes a is planned but is sacked later.

Where did you get that info and what about the movie theater money? I thought it was only one more OVA, oh that reminds me there is going to be the Rave x Fairy Tail one, so that makes 6. Some people even think that that could mean that Rave Master could be getting a reboot, which would take over a year to fully air(I don't know how much chapters it has) but I believe the first Rave Master anime was around 50 episodes(which is about a year) and wasn't able to fully adapt it.
Well the tv ratings were still very low, that alone could have been cause to cancel it and possibly never bring it back.
May 4, 2013 1:21 AM

Dec 2009
IntroverTurtle said:

Where did you get that info and what about the movie theater money?

The movie wasn`t released standalone, it was bundled with volume 36 of the manga (I think they did this to see if people will buy it and a test of a potential standalone release for the BluRay, that btw will be in may)

1st week
Fairy Tail 36 181,008
Fairy Tail 36 DVD-Bundled Special Edition 65,682

2nd week
Fairy Tail 36 141,505
Fairy Tail 36 DVD-Bundled Special Edition 20,145

As of theater monney, for the first weeks it was in top charts but I dont know how much money it earned.
NovaSkyMay 4, 2013 12:31 PM
May 4, 2013 8:09 AM

Nov 2010
Where did you get that info?
May 4, 2013 12:34 PM

Dec 2009
IntroverTurtle said:

So you are un MAL but don`t read the news?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=563335&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=565825&show=0

As for the movie rankings in cinema search on animenewsnetwork news
May 4, 2013 1:28 PM

Nov 2010
hyperwarp said:
IntroverTurtle said:

So you are un MAL but don`t read the news?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=563335&show=0
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=565825&show=0

As for the movie rankings in cinema search on animenewsnetwork news
Asking for a link =/= not being able to find the info. It's common sense when someone asks where you got your info, you then provide them a link. I don't want to go digging through the news section to find the thread with it in it, when you're the one who claimed the facts.

I see it, that is pretty interesting, I would love to compare that to another shounen's stats or One Piece's stats when they come out(if they haven't come out already). Though I don't know if movie sales help the anime that much.

I checked ANN, it doesn't say how much money it made. But it was in the top charts at #9 for a week and then dropped off.
May 4, 2013 2:34 PM
Feb 2013
I don't know how things are done in Japan, but in the US, shows have been officially cancelled and returned when DVD sales got high (ex. Family Guy). But again, I don't know the inner workings of Japanese television and it's relation to DVD sales etc.
May 4, 2013 3:24 PM

Nov 2010
taydev said:
I don't know how things are done in Japan, but in the US, shows have been officially cancelled and returned when DVD sales got high (ex. Family Guy). But again, I don't know the inner workings of Japanese television and it's relation to DVD sales etc.
That is possible, and Fairy Tail isn't confirmed as gone forever. Many shows have come back from ending with a reboot or a sequel. But then again, Japan has a lot of anime, it's probably harder for one to come back if it doesn't have any backing like good ratings, ended manga, etc.
Jun 9, 2013 6:40 AM
Jun 2013
so far as i heard is that fairy tail the anime has been cancled because the voice actor of lucy did quit. im not sure of this but i saw it on a few comments on the internet and some of my friends told me about it as well,
and ofcourse i hope and wish the anime goes on because this ending makes no sence at all and ruines alot for the fans because they want to know what happenes next and how everyone did die and that stuff.
but i also think why had lucy to die and if the anime goes on will she be revived? She is and stays one of the main characters so its not usual for a main character to die and if the maine character does die not in a way
where he/she is getting kidnapped or something and then dies. no then atleast as a hero saving the world or something. plus about the dragons. i dont know much about that and i did not read the manga but when
i saw gajeel in that dragon grave. i thought that the dragon might have fought in the war against acnologia but they couldnt beat him. and also something tells me jellal gets an important role because,
there was a picture on a wall that a guy was showing that worked with the person that wanted zeref and you saf acnologia on it and someone who was holding the fire that acnologia spit out.
that person looked like mystogan and since jellal is suppost to be mystogan in that tournament i think jellal is going to or atleast trying to stop acnologia.

and this is my third edit now.
i just thought of something and that was. maybe its not jellal who has to defeat acnologia but gildart. cuz he left and maybe he will come back for that.
lostreaperzzJun 9, 2013 1:26 PM
Jun 9, 2013 8:51 AM

Nov 2010
lostreaperzz said:
so far as i heard is that fairy tail the anime has been cancled because the voice actor of lucy did quit. im not sure of this but i saw it on a few comments on the internet and some of my friends told me about it as well,
No it's not becuase of that. Her VA didn't quit, something else happened but it was a while ago and she still keeps her long running parts. It probably because the anime was catching up to the manga and it had low tv ratings.
Jun 26, 2013 8:41 PM
Jun 2013
Blackdragonwar said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Shirube said:
lnvaderZmustDIE said:
EDIT:
Oh yeah i also saw, they aren't going to cancel Fairy Tail!!!

Smh.

They are cancelling Fairy Tail though...

Showing reruns =/= continuing the Anime.

Dude, are you a FT hater? Not this comment but you really seem to hate FT. Why? And yes, I commented on the topic about what mark you would give to fairy tail with an explanation.

Hello everyone Im new to this but I want to support this fellow's idea. It is very resonable. If they are showing re-runs that means that they are planning to continue the anime. If they were to stopped, then they wouldnt even show re-runs. It would be a waste of time and money. I believe that one of the reasons why they stopped is because the anime was too close at that time to the manga.....That would have been a disaster by now and nobody would see the manga if there were episodes lol....Also, they say, as I saw on Hiro's twtter, that they recruit new members for the anime production so that meas that they will continue otherwise they would not spend more money on it......They just want to make a pause so that they can sell the manga and earn more money its just a bussiness lol....
Jun 26, 2013 8:46 PM
Jun 2013
SoleilM said:

For the predictions I have, I've been reading the manga, not all of it, just a few. I think Acnalogia and Zeref are conected. I think Zeref is the human part of Acnalogia, for Acnalogia was once a Dragon Slayer that used too much slaying magic, transforming into one. And Zeref's "age" is the same as the how many years was the war between Dragons (400). That's why Zeref wanted Natsu to kill him, because he thinks Natsu can kill Acnalogia, thus, killing him (Zeref).

I feel bad for Zeref though... In the future, where Levy it's all wounded and crying about how that someone (Clearly Gajeel) died, I think it is because Acnalogia destroyed everything, and maybe other dragons.. Or maybe a war between the dragons that are still alive, Dragon slayers and Zeref/Acnalogia.

This is my prediction, and I'm so certain of it. I will wait until they air the series again.

I totally agree with you. if they were to definitely cancelled it....Then they wouldnt say that or show re-runs......They are only buying some time to advance the manga and earn more money by selling the manga.......If there was an economic or any other sort of problem that would require to cancel it for ever, then they would never incest more money on a new crew for animation or airing re-runs......I believe that after the reruns catch up where they left off, they will continue that being probably next summer about a year because i dont think they will show filters in the reruns....
Jun 26, 2013 9:14 PM

Nov 2010
piratex809 said:
Hello everyone Im new to this but I want to support this fellow's idea. It is very resonable. If they are showing re-runs that means that they are planning to continue the anime. If they were to stopped, then they wouldnt even show re-runs. It would be a waste of time and money. I believe that one of the reasons why they stopped is because the anime was too close at that time to the manga.....That would have been a disaster by now and nobody would see the manga if there were episodes lol....Also, they say, as I saw on Hiro's twtter, that they recruit new members for the anime production so that meas that they will continue otherwise they would not spend more money on it......They just want to make a pause so that they can sell the manga and earn more money its just a bussiness lol....
Welcome to MAL.
And not really, Katanagatari and Soul Eater that we know of(there's more) started rerunning after their anime stopped and they haven't continued yet. And if they were planning to continue the anime, they would say that.
We already have seen that it had bad tv ratings. My thinking and basically what Mashima has supported to is they are airing reruns to see if they can make a sequel, remember the series had bad tv ratings and was catching up to the manga. They are airing reruns called Fairy Tail best, meaning the best episodes, so only the episodes that they think will get new viewers. If they get more viewers than before then the anime might get a sequel when the manga has gotten further, if not then it stays dead. Mashima already said in his tweets to support the reruns. Re runs don't waste money like the first run does because they have already been animated, all they have to do is reshow it and rake in the advertising money, the money which depends on the amount of people watching.
When did Mashima say that they were recruiting people for the anime production team?

piratex809 said:
I totally agree with you. if they were to definitely cancelled it....Then they wouldnt say that or show re-runs......They are only buying some time to advance the manga and earn more money by selling the manga.......If there was an economic or any other sort of problem that would require to cancel it for ever, then they would never incest more money on a new crew for animation or airing re-runs......I believe that after the reruns catch up where they left off, they will continue that being probably next summer about a year because i dont think they will show filters in the reruns....
Then you would know if you read the manga, that that "TO BE CONTINUED" message was in the manga too. It wasn't made for the anime. And plenty of anime have said to be continued or see you again and have never came back.
Jul 5, 2013 2:40 PM
Jul 2013
Hi all!

Its been a time from the last comment in this discussion, so I dont know if Anyone would still read this. Nevertheless, I know you guys have been freaking out about episode 176 and this is what I believe what Will happen. First of all, the "to be continued" thing IS from the manga, but also appears in the anime. They probably did this to look at the popularity of FT. It also increases in the time that the broadcast has been stopped. Its to build Tense for the moment the anime 'returns'. Now here is the deal. How can you possibly think the series would continue in about a month after it has been stopped? It has been 3 months from nog, but the first comments were from a day after it had been stopped and you were already making accusions it has been stopped forever.
Second, and most important, the maker of FT tweets on 11 july what is going to happen with the series. What exactly it contains is unknown, but just like me, I have faith it would be good news. The maker, mashima, also told us to wait for good news. So, unlike a few of you. I have faith in him. You havent FT enough if you doubt about what the maker tells us :D.
Owww, and here is a link to verify things
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-30/final-fairy-tail-episode-ends-with-to-be-continued-message
Jul 5, 2013 3:01 PM

Nov 2010
Braveknight8 said:
Hi all!

Its been a time from the last comment in this discussion, so I dont know if Anyone would still read this. Nevertheless, I know you guys have been freaking out about episode 176 and this is what I believe what Will happen. First of all, the "to be continued" thing IS from the manga, but also appears in the anime. They probably did this to look at the popularity of FT. It also increases in the time that the broadcast has been stopped. Its to build Tense for the moment the anime 'returns'. Now here is the deal. How can you possibly think the series would continue in about a month after it has been stopped? It has been 3 months from nog, but the first comments were from a day after it had been stopped and you were already making accusions it has been stopped forever.
Second, and most important, the maker of FT tweets on 11 july what is going to happen with the series. What exactly it contains is unknown, but just like me, I have faith it would be good news. The maker, mashima, also told us to wait for good news. So, unlike a few of you. I have faith in him. You havent FT enough if you doubt about what the maker tells us :D.
Owww, and here is a link to verify things
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-30/final-fairy-tail-episode-ends-with-to-be-continued-message
You forget that he also said he had good news right after the anime ended and it was really nothing and then another one in June and it was nothing, maybe even more(I'm not that up to date). The one on July 11 was supposed to be on the 4th or whatever, he keeps on changing it.
Jul 5, 2013 5:57 PM

Dec 2009
Introverturtle, why are you on Fairy Tail threads when you clearly dislike the series? Honestly, when the anime does return, I'm going to enjoy laughing my ass off at you since you're the one trying to prove it will never return.

I don't care if you say Hiro has no say with the anime, that is actually not true. He has had much influence over the anime adaptation and even incorporated a filler arc as canon, and he told fans that the anime version will come back. Regardless of what you say, it's clear people will trust the author more so than you.
Jul 5, 2013 6:30 PM

Apr 2013
I only hope it closes the Grand Magic Games arc...

The last day was so awesome, I really want it to be animated...

Jul 16, 2013 12:03 AM

May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
SoleilM said:
I think it was made for anime.. From what it looks, Its already planned that the anime will end at that chapter..

Jouten said:
He has had much influence over the anime adaptation and even incorporated a filler arc as canon, and he told fans that the anime version will come back.

^ just as he said,.
Dark_MessiahJul 16, 2013 12:07 AM

Jul 17, 2013 7:47 AM
Jul 2013
Hi again!

So I got good news about fairy tail.
According to hiro mashima he is going to make a sequel of the anime :)
That is what he said on the 11th on Twitter.
he is starting to make it, so at least there Will be a sequel.
Dont know how long it is gonna take though.
Nov 14, 2013 7:21 AM
Nov 2013
But do you guys know about the new Fairytail episode? The OVA with Rave Master. It shows that there will be a continuation for episode 176. Probably next year. And the voice actor for Lucy did not quit.
Dec 8, 2013 12:29 AM

Mar 2013
Hey guys, after a LOOOOOOOOOONG ass break i was finnaly able to read all the comments about the 176 predictions, i really hope they are going to continue it ASAP

IMD
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kradical - Aug 12, 2011

92 by shiroyasha367 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

103 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

186 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - May 31, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - May 24, 2010

103 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.