Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 25, 2013 8:35 PM

Apr 2008
SwordsmanDan said:
So I didn't see anyone ask something that's been on my mind. Where the heck can 10,000 dragons live sustainably and most likely unnoticed by humans? I mean, Edolas doesn't have magic. I guess there could be a third world that they rule over and maybe their population grew so they decided to take over another world...

The whole series I got the impression there weren't many dragons left that dissapeared at that same date. Then again I was surprised two more dragon slayers appeared out of the blue (Sting and Rogue). I mean, Sting and Rogue are probably as old as Wendy except she was frozen for seven years. I found it odd that even Wendy as young as she was had learned from a dragon seven years before that.

So yeah, I guess I'm confused with the logistics of all these dragons, they're not making sense to me.

That is precisely why I believe the dragons are going to come from the Gate opening. It is impossible to hide 10.000 dragons so there are only two ways that can happen that would make sense. One is to kill Zeref and effectively prevent Acnologia from being made. This however means the Dragons never go extinct meaning they have the 10.000+ numbers to wreck and conquer the world the moment their existence is reasserted into the present timeline.

The other is the possibility that the so called Eclipse Canon turns out to be a tunnel through time which will bring the 10.000+ dragons from the past.
Mar 25, 2013 9:21 PM

Jul 2010
YukinaxYupina said:
I feel stupid posting this question, but how did you guys come to the conclusion that future Lucy lost her arm?
IDK, it looked pretty intact to me...
When I read that I just thought it meant that she had no stamp on her hand, rather it was on her somewhere else on her body / erased.

Hello it was on this chapterhttp://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c324/18.html
Lucy said it in this page,plus she never showed her left hand when she took off the hood to show herself. In one chapter Future Lucy was trying to write something and she got a pen with her right hand and pop the cap with her mouth , notice no left hand.
RosyXkidMar 25, 2013 9:24 PM
Mar 25, 2013 10:41 PM
Jan 2011
SwordsmanDan said:
So I didn't see anyone ask something that's been on my mind. Where the heck can 10,000 dragons live sustainably and most likely unnoticed by humans? I mean, Edolas doesn't have magic. I guess there could be a third world that they rule over and maybe their population grew so they decided to take over another world...

Considering that we already have Edolas and multiple parallel timelines from F Rogue and F Lucy, then yes they could live in a higher plane of existence or a pocket dimension (btw just because it's called a dimension doesn't necessarily mean that it is small, sometime a universe can also be considered a dimension). There are fictions that have infinite universes/dimensions with different realities as well, though they usually have very complicated/ mind fucked plots because of such reason.
Mar 25, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
Darklight0303 said:
SwordsmanDan said:

The whole series I got the impression there weren't many dragons left that dissapeared at that same date. Then again I was surprised two more dragon slayers appeared out of the blue (Sting and Rogue). I mean, Sting and Rogue are probably as old as Wendy except she was frozen for seven years. I found it odd that even Wendy as young as she was had learned from a dragon seven years before that.

So yeah, I guess I'm confused with the logistics of all these dragons, they're not making sense to me.

That is precisely why I believe the dragons are going to come from the Gate opening. It is impossible to hide 10.000 dragons so there are only two ways that can happen that would make sense. One is to kill Zeref and effectively prevent Acnologia from being made. This however means the Dragons never go extinct meaning they have the 10.000+ numbers to wreck and conquer the world the moment their existence is reasserted into the present timeline.

The other is the possibility that the so called Eclipse Canon turns out to be a tunnel through time which will bring the 10.000+ dragons from the past.

Thanks for your theories. I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering this. Very interesting.
Mar 26, 2013 5:07 AM
Nov 2012
lets put Future Lucy's death into perspective.

This IS the Lucy we know. Not an alternate Lucy. This is the Lucy we saw at the start, the battles, the fights, arguements, funny events, sad events, character growth, father, friends, who earned the love of her keys.

She got to see everyone she loved killed, she lost her limb and lets of special importance, with her arm she lost her guild tattoo, which she greatly regrets as we see her lingeringly caress present Lucy's tattoo. HER tattoo, that she lost with all of her guild mates.

This is who Leo loved, Who Wendy adores, Who Natsu cares for, ALL of them have fond memories of her and she IS exactly that person. Not a copy but the actual person who stood beside them. She's gotten a horrific bum deal and done her best to undo it out of love for them, she just died saving her present.

I cant even imagine how Present Lucy is handling seeing her Future self, who's suffered so much, die like this, when she could have been with them for years and built all sorts of cherished memories.

Its all the more painful because you're mourning a dear beloved who's also still alive. It really screws with your mind when your brain is experiencing despair and mourning but also see's the same person alive and get to live with them and experience life with them.

Time Travel is always messy.
Mar 26, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2008
RosyXkid said:
YukinaxYupina said:
I feel stupid posting this question, but how did you guys come to the conclusion that future Lucy lost her arm?
When I read that I just thought it meant that she had no stamp on her hand, rather it was on her somewhere else on her body / erased.

Hello it was on this chapterhttp://www.mangahere.com/manga/fairy_tail/v26/c324/18.html
Lucy said it in this page,plus she never showed her left hand when she took off the hood to show herself. In one chapter Future Lucy was trying to write something and she got a pen with her right hand and pop the cap with her mouth , notice no left hand.

No right hand. The mangastream scanlation actually botched that bit.
Mar 26, 2013 5:39 AM
Jan 2011
Some interesting news from Mashima's Twitter:

I’m not making any progress with the name. There are times when I finish 20 pages in 2 hours, and there are also times when I can’t even get 1 page done in 10 hours.

ネームが進まない。2時間で20P終わる時もあれば、10時間かけても1Pも進まない時もある 。

It’s been a while since the last time my name was rejected entirely. I’m redoing all 20 pages. But since it’s for the sake of making an interesting story I won’t consider it all that troublesome.

久しぶりにネームの全ボツくらった。20P丸々書き直し。だけど面白い一話を作る為なら全く苦 じゃない。

Name here is basically a storyboard of a chapter.

To sum up Mashima’s chapter gets rejected ENTIRELY by the editors, and have to rewrite a new one again. This gives multiple meanings, like maybe he tried to kill someone off and the editors didn’t like this decision. This also means that now FT will go a different route compared to the planned note that has been released earlier (about Lucy kneeling before Zeref and such).
Mar 26, 2013 5:53 AM

Apr 2008
Talukita said:

I’m not making any progress with the name. There are times when I finish 20 pages in 2 hours, and there are also times when I can’t even get 1 page done in 10 hours.

It’s been a while since the last time my name was rejected entirely. I’m redoing all 20 pages. But since it’s for the sake of making an interesting story I won’t consider it all that troublesome.

To sum up Mashima’s chapter gets rejected ENTIRELY by the editors, and have to rewrite a new one again. This gives multiple meanings, like maybe he tried to kill someone off and the editors didn’t like this decision. This also means that now FT will go a different route compared to the planned note that has been released earlier (about Lucy kneeling before Zeref and such).

Hmmm not sure how to feel about this. Now it's going to be nagging me quite a bit if what he originally intended was not actually better than what he has to do now.

I also wonder if this means the chapter will be delayed.
Darklight0303Mar 26, 2013 6:11 AM
Mar 26, 2013 10:10 AM

Jul 2010
Darklight0303 said:
RosyXkid said:
YukinaxYupina said:

No right hand. The mangastream scanlation actually botched that bit.

Oh right in keep forgetting that ,I meant right hand dude.
Mar 26, 2013 10:21 AM

May 2012
Oh god i'm speechless i knew somehow someone would die but I wasn't expecting it soon. Can't wait for the battle next week and i hope to get more clear with the mysteries of the story right now.
Mar 26, 2013 2:19 PM
Dec 2012
Talukita said:

ruh hoh

instead of Lucy kneeling before Zeref, she will act scared when she sees him and her boobs will bounce

i think that's more or less what the editors are looking for as of late.
Mar 26, 2013 5:37 PM

Sep 2012
mtgowns said:
Talukita said:

ruh hoh

instead of Lucy kneeling before Zeref, she will act scared when she sees him and her boobs will bounce

i think that's more or less what the editors are looking for as of late.

haha yes i know what you mean! I couldn't believe how crazy that pinup war between Mirajane and that other woman got in the colusseum;)
Mar 26, 2013 9:50 PM

Nov 2009
damn. i havent felt something like that since future gohan died leaving trunks all alone. T-T i dont even know how to react to something like that in FT but natsu was so amazing this chapter. might be the best fairy tail chapter ever since it actually had a meaningful flashback, lucy did something useful and natsu had like 50 badass face panels. wow
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2013 1:04 PM

Aug 2007
"Some person will closed the door. And that is Lucy" When I read this and before the name of Lucy was out, I supposed that she was, but... I need some explanations, and NOW!
Mar 28, 2013 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
awww so sadd ;c
Mar 30, 2013 6:34 AM

Oct 2009
Finally got back to checking the forums, and I got tired reading or the comments especially about haters vs criticism. At least most of my questions have been answered.

@Darklight0303: I like your theory of three timelines a lot, it also goes along the lines of what I've been thinking. What I've been pondering didn't make a lot of sense to me but you cleared it up with your detailed explanation of time travel. Thank you for that.

Sad that Future Lucy died... it was inevitable but I got sad and angry at Rogue for killing her.

I do now still wonder if Mashima's original plans and ideas were better before his editors made him change it. >_>
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Apr 4, 2013 3:51 AM

Jun 2008
UGH....if only the present Lucy had died.

Seriously, go ahead and kill her, she's easily the worst character.
May 18, 2013 11:30 AM

Mar 2012
This manga is a bloody joke.
May 22, 2013 2:23 PM

Jul 2009
As usual Lucy is the key to all of this. There must be some change in circumstances for her to want to close the Eclipse door.
Dec 27, 2013 1:05 AM

Oct 2013
natsu vs future rogue :0
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Sep 8, 2017 7:10 AM

Feb 2013
Wtf, the tears can't stop.
RIP Future Lucy.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 284 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - May 25, 2012

163 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aoo-kun »»
Apr 25, 6:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.