Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 17 18 [19]
Jul 28, 2022 12:04 AM
Jul 2022
Great show. Loved it even on the second watch. Gonna binge season 2 and season 3 (which i've never seen) and see how this all shakes out. They killed one too many main characters for my liking but still really enjoyable and see why this show gets so much hype. 8/10 for me :D.
Aug 9, 2022 3:39 PM

Jan 2021
I’m so glad that Kogami got to kill Makishima. Also, why did Shion and Kunizuka sleep with each other? They didn’t seem to have that kind of relationship, but whatever I don’t mind.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Aug 10, 2022 6:30 PM

Mar 2018
God this show was so amazing. The psychological aspects were vast, from the introspective characters to the questioning of society, law, and what it means to be good or evil. The emotional aspects were equally as strong due to the investable characters and show in general.

The show was a 8/10 in the first half, feeling a bit stretched pacing wise and could have been trimmed down, but it really picked up and felt really invested into the show on the last half.

This show is right at the bottom edge of my 9's / At the very top of my 8's on initial thoughts, but considering the amazing psychological aspects it brings, tips it to a 9.
Sep 20, 2022 6:12 AM
Jan 2021
The duality between the two characters is displayed at its fullest which makes it a really interesting and poetic episode, while also presenting the consenquences it had on our "main character" and her internal struggle, I also think is kind of edgy overall which is why I don't find it a masterpiece or a perfect episode but I still think it was good overall
Oct 1, 2022 1:28 PM
Nov 2020
Great Conclussion to the anime
Oct 3, 2022 7:19 PM
May 2020
Will always be peak fiction
Oct 24, 2022 2:10 PM
Apr 2022
imma delete somebody rn
Nov 1, 2022 5:07 PM
Sep 2016
Perfect execution of a concept.
Jan 8, 2023 1:59 PM
Jan 2021
It was decent. I liked some scenes and that's that.
Feb 4, 2023 10:27 AM

Jun 2019
My 218th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.

Mar 5, 2023 8:11 PM
Oct 2017
This show wasn't as smart as I wanted it to be, there were lost of shortcuts made in the story and the villains were a bit paper mache but overall I thought it was very enjoyable. Nobuchika as an enforcer might fit better since he is less competent than Akane, and the change in dynamic between him and Akane is still pretty good.

The concept of a detective knowing the truth of the security system being controlled by a hivemind of brains in jars and keeping it secret to keep the order is just badass, I don't think she has a good psycho pass just because she is a protagonist, I think she could even be criminally asymptomatic like Shougo and still not know, I give them the benefit of the doubt with the character, will surely watch season two, and I still hope Kougami appears in the next episodes.
PhixiatelyMar 5, 2023 8:14 PM
Mar 30, 2023 10:40 PM
Mar 2023
Great and satisfying ending
Apr 6, 2023 9:51 AM
Jan 2022
yaxşıdır izləmək olar
Apr 8, 2023 4:07 PM
Aug 2020
Still as great as when I first watched it.
May 16, 2023 11:13 AM
May 2023
Very appealing ending to one of the finest anime ever.
May 17, 2023 10:09 AM
May 2023
Brillant story. keeps you interested as you slowly fall in love with the development of the series
May 31, 2023 2:22 PM

Apr 2013
"The law should not protect the people, the people should protect the law" might be one of the dumbest quotes in anime I've ever heard. There is no shortage of bad laws in the history of men, just because it's a law doesn't mean it should be protected. I did not understand why there are so many people who dislike Akane, now I know.

From the moment we got shown what the Sibyl system actually is, the story kinda fell apart for me. 200 brains judging a whole country is pretty dumb by itself, but it gets even worse if they can't judge some dude because he was born this way. 5/10
Jun 20, 2023 2:21 AM

Dec 2022
Akane has been a bit counterproductive to any sort of protagonistic goals in this anime, to be honest. Too many times she got in Kougami's way while he was trying to deal with people where killing them was the better option in the long term than capturing them. In the first episode it was justifiable since she expertly diffused the situation and calmed down the panicking woman, lowering her crime coefficient in the process. Ever since that point, however, her handling of any given situation has been less effective. It feels like she only tags along with Kougami to draw out the action scenes. I absolutely adored this episode anyway, since Yuki finally got avenged. I was worried that they'd have Shougo escape to be recycled as an antagonist in later seasons, so I'm glad that he didn't overstay his welcome. Didn't like his character in the slightest, and was waiting to see the end of him.

I was impressed with this anime, especially since it didn't bog itself down in technospeak, sociopolitical drivel and constant exposition. I feel like that's something these futuristic cyberpunk dystopia anime may have a tough time with, considering how easy it is to pad the length of anime like this. Fortunately, Psycho-Pass doesn't have any useless padding, and keeps you engaged throughout.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 24, 2023 2:03 PM
Sep 2022
I liked the show a whole but the final episode seemed more of set up for the second season more than a climax for the season but overall a great show
Jun 29, 2023 3:46 AM
Nov 2016
When I started watching this anime I was interested, the premise was good, but halfway through it I started getting bored so I dropped the rating a bit, however, the last few episodes were good so I upped the rating again. The anime is nice, it does have a couple of blunders here and there but it's nice overall, I liked the touch of Akane explaining the routine to the rookie in the last couple of minutes of the episode just the way it happened in the 1st episode when she was a rookie, it was pretty nice and made me smile.

My final rating for this season:

8/10

Edit: After careful evaluation, I decided to lower the rating again back to:

7/10
xZabuzaxJun 29, 2023 11:11 PM
Jul 17, 2023 1:51 PM

Aug 2019
Makishima’s kicking the grenade was badass ngl. 

I’m glad Kogami was the one who killed Makishima instead of being used by the Sibyl system. I don’t think we’ll ever find a replacement for Makishima. 

Also, damn, that’s unfortunate, Gino’s crime coefficient increased, so now he’s an enforcer, but at least he seems happier and livelier than he did before. Also, he’s looking extremely good without the glasses ngl, even Akane noticed lol. 

That’s a nice way to end this season, now Akane is the experienced inspector. I guess we won't see the new enforcers until the next season. I’m glad that the girl from the academy case ended up joining them. 
Sun_ChanJul 17, 2023 5:00 PM
Aug 28, 2023 7:25 PM

Jul 2012
People r not protected by the law,
The law is protected by its people..

Akane 2nd has arrived!~

Still countinues!
Idk if I had a chance to watch another one soon..

Oct 23, 2023 7:02 PM

Nov 2014
Simply one of the best anime TV series ever. Urobuchi is a one of a kind talent, the skill with which he fuses the intellectual with the emotional to create a dizzyingly heady concoction like Psycho-Pass is unmatched. At the time of writing I haven't watched the sequels, but I cannot imagine they come close to the original series without Urobuchi in control of the story.

Also, love the attention to detail in the direction - for example, we are clearly shown that Kougami's revolver holds five bullets, and exactly five are fired over the course of the last two episodes before Makishima picks up the revolver and attempts to kill Akane with it but finds it empty empty. There are so few shows that would bother with something like that, it's a hallmark of greatness.
Oct 29, 2023 6:21 AM

Oct 2023
The end was not that great. I think I was expecting more... But will watch second season just to check my doubts.
Jan 5, 9:47 PM
Mar 2023
even on a rewatch the ending is SO HYPE
Feb 21, 1:41 AM
Aug 2023
So after all that Shougo has done, they didn't even make him suffer like having his hand blown off first or something. Instead they try to give him a graceful ending by playing classical music and shit, so unsatisfying. It's clear the plot was overly playing favorites with his shallow character designed to look like it was deep. Like how the hell is he such a good fighter when it's shown Kougami beats the snot out of sparing robots? Because the plot demands to make Shougo seem superhuman, and always has the upper-hand and gets away until the plot says his time is up. Well at least he's dead, and not getting away with it by being incorporated into the Sibyl system.

It was so dumb that after the truck crashed, he somehow found Akane unconscious in the fields of crops. Like she should have totally been thrown in the crops somewhere, and impossible to find so fast. But of course they got to give Shougo that power and tension shot of holding a gun to her head. But it's so ridiculous, so the gun is out of ammo, why didn't he just stomp her head in if he was actually serious about killing her? Because that stupid scene was never serious about killing Akane, just trying to do some stupid build up for Shougo's death.

This anime was pretty good in some ways, but ruined itself in some very stupid ways with the details. I think that's why I found it so incredibly frustrating, and am so harsh at criticizing it. If this anime was not so close to being good, I think it would have been less infuriating, and I wouldn't care as much to point out the non-sensical crap. These last few episodes wasn't that bad, but that's because there was less non-sensical details because there wasn't much actual detective work. They just guessed what Shougo's plans were, and were right.
Feb 29, 1:19 PM
Dec 2013
thought provoking and i loved the use of different philosophies
Mar 5, 12:27 PM
Aug 2021
What a finale. So we lost 3 of the original crewmembers.
1 got downgraded. Two of the crew r still banging😂 Idk how since they're always supposed to be monitored. Ko actually got his revenge on Maki. I genuinely didn't know what would happen my guess was as good as anyone's 😂. Akane has now become a true MC. I didn't expect the beginning to be the ending and the ending to be the beginning🤣. It hurts to know the Kagari is dead and everyone is still wondering what's going on with his life. Ginoza has developed that nose his dad always talked about. Since his guess about Kagari was spot on
Apr 23, 6:11 AM
Apr 2021
Only ending that was suitable and logical for anime.
Pages (19) « First ... « 17 18 [19]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.