Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 16, 2013 6:36 AM

Sep 2012
I got a new idea for re-making SAO for making a better story. so here it goes.

Sword Art Online Remake
animated by sunrise with 52 episodes.
genre : Shounen, Action, Comedy, MMORPG, Slice of Life Adventure

The main plot of the story is to play the game, get stronger and beat so many bosses as they can, once the final boss is defeated on floor 100, you can get the ''World Seed'' as a reward.

Kirito, Klein, Silica, Lizbeth and Sinon were the main characters of the story.
their goal is to level up higher and higher, beat all the final boss until they reached floor 100. each characters can log out if they had plan on real life.

The good point about this anime is Kirito is not so Gary Sue but he is so badass but sometimes, he is ignoring girls and he is focusing on slaying monsters to level up.
Kirito`s sword is called ''Slash Buster'' it is a sword that looks like a gun, if you press the button, it will shoot lasers for long range and the sharp blade can destroy hard shield.

Asuna, Sachi, Yui and Suguha doesn`t exist in this anime to make it better.
the Antagonist is a Magic Swordman who can hack the game with his magic sword.

Sword Art Online Remake is better than the original because the remake has 52 episodes.
it has more action, more adventure, less romance,and more serious plot.
also this remake has no ecchi and it is rated PG-13.

so what do you think?

and why the original SAO sucks? read this one
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-782743/sword-art-online-plot-being-ruined
ElfinMintyMar 16, 2013 8:10 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2013 7:20 AM
Nov 2010
ElfinMint said:
no ecchi

52 episodes and no glopping. Sounds horrible
Mar 16, 2013 7:23 AM
Jul 2012
Z-flame said:
ElfinMint said:
no ecchi

Yup. No glopping? What is this bullshit.
Mar 16, 2013 7:25 AM

Feb 2009
Sound like fanfiction.
Would not read.
Mar 16, 2013 7:31 AM

Sep 2012
JavierR said:
Z-flame said:
ElfinMint said:
no ecchi

because ecchi moments on the original SAO ruined the plot.
Asuna and Suguha is the worst SAO character and they ruined the story.

also the remake took place on Aincrad and Alfheim doesn`t exist.
Mar 16, 2013 7:41 AM
Nov 2010
No glopping was what ruined the original SAO anime in the first place. Countless of people were highly disappointed that scene wasn't animated.

And yet you want them to sit through 52 episodes for nothing. What is wrong with you?
Mar 16, 2013 7:46 AM

Feb 2009
ElfinMint said:
JavierR said:
Z-flame said:
ElfinMint said:
no ecchi

Nothing was ruined. The show just didn't meet your expectations or didn't appeal to you.

But please, continue with your fanfiction-ish type of thinking.
God knows I need a good laugh right about now.
Mar 16, 2013 7:48 AM

Sep 2012
i`m still not yet finished with my fanfiction.

i`ll post it here when i`m done.
Mar 16, 2013 7:55 AM

Dec 2012
belatkuro said:
Elfinmint said:

Nothing was ruined. The show just didn't meet your expectations or didn't appeal to you.

But please, continue with your fanfiction-ish type of thinking.
God knows I need a good laugh right about now.

This^ also Asuna didn't ruin shit.
Mar 16, 2013 7:55 AM

Oct 2012
No, sounds sucky. Besides, for me the point of SAO is how it shows the things that can go wrong, and the things that can go right with virtual reality. And how people react to it. This idea completely throws that out of the window and tries to make it a generic battle shounen, with enemies that don't have emotion, aka BORING enemies...
Mar 16, 2013 7:59 AM

Jun 2009
Oh le facepalms...

No Sachi?!

Will not read
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2013 8:02 AM

Mar 2013
I agree with the 52 episodes. Seriously, the pace of the original anime series was WAY too fast. Get rid of the ALO arc and maybe I'll give it higher than a 6.
Mar 16, 2013 8:05 AM

Sep 2012
Original SAO = the action/battle is short, more romance with forced drama.
Action is 40%, Romance is 45% and Drama is 15%

SAO remake = it`s like One Piece MMORPG with swords and there will be 10 villains with badass attitude.
Action is 80%,Comedy is 10%, Romance is 5% and Drama is 5%
ElfinMintyMar 16, 2013 8:44 AM
Mar 16, 2013 8:12 AM
Sep 2011
In reality only one thing is possible - animation of SAOP, the history of all 75 floors of Aincrad, but it's stll being written. Maybe it will be many OVAs.
Mar 16, 2013 8:13 AM

Dec 2012
ElfinMint said:
Original SAO = the action/battle is short, more romance with forced drama.
Action is 65%, Romance is 25% and Drama is 10%

SAO remake = it`s like One Piece MMORPG with swords and there will be 10 villains with badass attitude.
Action is 90%, Romance is 5% and Drama is 5%

What about the people who liked the show for the romance because im sure not gonna watch a show about leveling up in some MMORPG game , im actually very glad SAO didn't focus too much on MMO rules and shit.
Mar 16, 2013 8:17 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:

What about the people who liked the show for the romance because im sure not gonna watch a show about leveling up in some MMORPG game , im actually very glad SAO didn't focus too much on MMO rules and shit.

because japan got shit taste.
Reki Kawahara is the WORST FANFIC WRITER IN HISTORY OF JAPAN.
All his stories sucks.

i`m not sure if Reki is a hipster?
Mar 16, 2013 8:21 AM

Apr 2009
belatkuro said:
Sound like fanfiction.
Would not read.

But SAO is a bad fanfiction as well.

tsudecimo said:

What about the people who liked the show for the romance

They can still read twilight. It has better character development as well.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 16, 2013 8:23 AM

Sep 2012
.Hack// series is better than SAO.

they are all underrated but good anime.
Mar 16, 2013 8:27 AM

Dec 2012
ElfinMint said:

because japan got shit taste.

And the western community clearly have excellent taste herp derp..

Nidhoeggr said:

tsudecimo said:

You must really hate SAO to say twilight has better romance.

I don't even get the point of this topic if you want to make a fan fiction make a blog.
Mar 16, 2013 8:28 AM

Dec 2012
ElfinMint said:
.Hack// series is better than SAO.

they are all underrated but good anime.

So this is another rant thread what a shocker!!
Mar 16, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2012
I`m not ranting, i`m just showing my opinion.

look at the first post on this thread, you can see the link to make you understand that part.
Mar 16, 2013 2:17 PM

Jul 2012
I thought the original SAO was good, but not to the extent of great. The idea of the anime is to clear a death game. Your fan-fiction completely destroyed how it was supposed to go. The death game was what made the anime so interesting. Even though Sinon is my favorite character, I do not think she'll fit into the SAO atmosphere as much, even though her hidden skill can be an archer. If they can log off anytime they want, it's not much of a death game but more of a regular MMORPG setting anime. Was this what you wanted? It sounds very generic and boring if you ask me. I wouldn't mind if Asuna isn't in the anime, because she's a bore. She has no character developments whatsoever, so she's almost like a background character. Sachi actually played a big role in the anime, because she was the driving force that drove Kirito into continuing the death game and finally, clearing it. If she is not in it, there's no factor that lead to Kirito continuing on living. The magic swordsman, who can hack the game, is practically Heathcliff with magic. There was no magic in the original SAO, so it's a complete ruination. The ecchi moments didn't really ruin the plot, more like it sort of fazed out the idea of a death game and seriousness in the anime. The ecchi moments are practically comedic events, more than how it was meant to be. The ecchi moments can just be out of the anime, unless the original novels actually called for it. From what I've read, only the Silica tentacle, Asuna stripping and NTR were canon. The rest was just nonsense from the producers. I do believe the anime needs more than 20+ episodes, in order to pan out the story and arcs better, but your fan-fiction is overall, VERY boring and generic. It completely ruined the idea of what SAO was supposed to be.
Mar 16, 2013 2:19 PM

Aug 2012
As long as there is SUGUHA and her big tits bouncing.
Mar 16, 2013 2:20 PM

Jan 2008
Biggestboss said:

^
This.
Mar 16, 2013 2:23 PM

Feb 2013
I would not watch SAO if it wasn't for Asuna. Kirito was cool and all but his lack of connection to anyone bothered me.
Mar 16, 2013 2:29 PM
Nov 2010
Biggestboss said:
there's none
ElfinMint said:
no ecchi
Mar 16, 2013 2:34 PM

Aug 2012
Is OP high? SAO is unwatchable without them babes.
Mar 16, 2013 8:33 PM
Jul 2012
SAO eh? Remake eh? no Asuna eh....?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAAAAAAATTTTTTDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

WHATTDAFFFUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK AM I FAPPIN'

They will NOT make a re-make of SAO without Asuna! Not with my SOA they don't!

Oh MY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD! IT'S NOT A-1 PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's this guy named ElfinMint let's have a look at this guy's face...
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ElfinMint

IT'S A GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her favorite anime is.....................................what! boku no pico

LAY OFF MY SAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want SAO become YAOI for fujoshi to fap to THIS IS A COMPLETE BLASPHEMY!!

So you're sayin' Asuna is not needed??!! She shouldn't exist?? A fake girl of mah dream??? a delusion of mine???? NO!! The time and all the jizz I spent fappin' to her is REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT APPROVE!
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Mar 16, 2013 10:35 PM

Sep 2012
FailAtLife said:
SAO eh? Remake eh? no Asuna eh....?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAAAAAAATTTTTTDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

WHATTDAFFFUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK AM I FAPPIN'

They will NOT make a re-make of SAO without Asuna! Not with my SOA they don't!

Oh MY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD! IT'S NOT A-1 PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's this guy named ElfinMint let's have a look at this guy's face...
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ElfinMint

IT'S A GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her favorite anime is.....................................what! boku no pico

LAY OFF MY SAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want SAO become YAOI for fujoshi to fap to THIS IS A COMPLETE BLASPHEMY!!

So you're sayin' Asuna is not needed??!! She shouldn't exist?? A fake girl of mah dream??? a delusion of mine???? NO!! The time and all the jizz I spent fappin' to her is REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT APPROVE!

I watch yaoi hentai for the lulz like Boku no Pico.

but i hate anime with bad story and nonsense bullshit.

anyway this is Kolchao`s review to see how terrible this anime. just copy-pasted.

''As an average traveller of the internet, I have been bombarded with millions of images regarding this anime, most of them filled with fanboys/girls saying how amazing Sword Art Online was, and how Asuna and Kirito were the most perfect couple in history. Curious, I decided to waste 20 minutes on watching the first episode, and I do admit, it looked really fantastic. It did of course, it doesn't anymore...

Story: 3/10
I don't really know how the creator of SAO handed his work to his editor. I figured he gave him a piece of paper with "CLICHE!" written on the middle, I might be wrong.
As gamers might be aware of, reaching the final boss of any MMO is a tough job, you need to train a lot, get the best equipment and skilled companions to aid you. Considering the fact that the very first boss of SAO (the weakest) was incredibly hard to handle, you could picture the amount of work our "heroes" will have to reach the end... pretty much none. Every episode occurs around 3 to 6 months after the previous one, in a desperate attempt to make the story move forward, I don't really see why, especially when the first episodes are nothing but useless fillers. I could write a novel with the flaws of this poorly made excuse for a story, but the other reviews do a good job on it.

Art: 7/10
Being of 2012, the animation is quite good, doing all those flashy sparkles and carefully designed background is not an easy task. But still, it's not really impressive, because most new animes have the same detail and definition, so it doesn't really stand out that much.

Sound: 6/10
Like the art, good. I can't really say much, because I rarely pay attention to background music, unless it is really amazing.

Character: 3/10
Kirito is a Mary Sue, that reason alone is more than enough to make me hate him. "This boss is way too strong to defeat alone!" Kirito does it. "We need to work together to survive!" Kirito survives alone. "You can only wield one sword!" Kirito gets two of them, and the list continues. Despite being a boring, anti-social, party-pooper son of a goat, he manages to make every single girl in the series to fall for him with no effort. The same goes for his experience and skill, you would expect the other characters to be also experienced, and they kinda are, but our "hero" is always stronger than everyone by 700 miles!
Now, the girl... Asuna started of as a completely mysterious person, some time-skips later, she was the strong, independent and ruthless captain of the strongest guild in the game! Some time-skips later, she was the very cute and innocent, dinner-preparing house wife... for our "hero" of course! I enjoy character development, but this young lady is doing it wrong... I can't really say many things, unlike the other girls, she is not very fond of Kirito, but like ALL the other girls, she falls for him and actually marries him. You don't see the love, you don't see the process, they spend some time together, next thing you see she's undressing for him... But don't panic, the secondary characters are actually kind of nice, you might like them, too bad 90% of the time is dedicated to the "perfect couple"...

Enjoyment: 4/10
Other than an occasional joke over here and there and the rare appearance of some secondary characters, there's not much to enjoy. You can still watch it for the pretty colors.

Disappointing, overrated, lame in general... Don't bother to watch this. The feeling is similar to "Two girls One cup". You start with something good, but in the end you get sh*t, except not literally this time...

show less.''

that`s what he said, also read this to understand more the truth about SAO
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-782743/sword-art-online-plot-being-ruined
Mar 16, 2013 10:41 PM

Mar 2012
Those garbage reviews are irrelevant to what you're proposing.
Mar 16, 2013 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
Rewrite the story to make more sense, development the characters more because I knew only about 3 things max with each character, and keep it within SOA, none of this Alfheim crap
Mar 16, 2013 11:42 PM

Dec 2012
ShinoAsada said:
I thought the original SAO was good, but not to the extent of great. The idea of the anime is to clear a death game. Your fan-fiction completely destroyed how it was supposed to go. The death game was what made the anime so interesting. Even though Sinon is my favorite character, I do not think she'll fit into the SAO atmosphere as much, even though her hidden skill can be an archer. If they can log off anytime they want, it's not much of a death game but more of a regular MMORPG setting anime. Was this what you wanted? It sounds very generic and boring if you ask me. I wouldn't mind if Asuna isn't in the anime, because she's a bore. She has no character developments whatsoever, so she's almost like a background character. Sachi actually played a big role in the anime, because she was the driving force that drove Kirito into continuing the death game and finally, clearing it. If she is not in it, there's no factor that lead to Kirito continuing on living. The magic swordsman, who can hack the game, is practically Heathcliff with magic. There was no magic in the original SAO, so it's a complete ruination. The ecchi moments didn't really ruin the plot, more like it sort of fazed out the idea of a death game and seriousness in the anime. The ecchi moments are practically comedic events, more than how it was meant to be. The ecchi moments can just be out of the anime, unless the original novels actually called for it. From what I've read, only the Silica tentacle, Asuna stripping and NTR were canon. The rest was just nonsense from the producers. I do believe the anime needs more than 20+ episodes, in order to pan out the story and arcs better, but your fan-fiction is overall, VERY boring and generic. It completely ruined the idea of what SAO was supposed to be.

^^ Agreed
SAO wasn't the best but it was an interesting concept, What you're trying to recreate sounds like a bore, I might as well be playing an actual MMO instead :P
Mar 17, 2013 12:55 AM

Dec 2009
If it follows better the novel like most of the real fans were dissapointed then I wouldn't mind watching a remake.
Mar 17, 2013 5:40 AM

Apr 2009
tsudecimo said:

No, I read the first book because a female friend had it in their car when we were on a trip and while Bella is a horrible self-insert like Kirito, Edward is a creep and all other characters were as bland as in SAO they at least took themselves some (well, very little) time to start the romance instead of explaining everything with "lol timeskip, of course they got to know each other better". At least that's what I remember from it, I still try to forget the horrible experience that was reading Twilight.
It's just that the romance in SAO feels so forced that even Twilight looks a bit better in comparison.
Mar 17, 2013 12:23 PM

Nov 2011
@Elfmint- While I agree, I must also say that you are wasting your time. SAO is not geared at our gender and, although fanboys will not always admit to it, one of the main reasons SAO is popular is BECAUSE of the terrible fanservice, gratuitous harem elements, and just general misogynistic tendencies of the series.

In addition, I hate to be rude, but judging by the way you type I would say you might want to avoid writing fan fiction until your writing skills improve.

MOST fan fiction is terrible because many fan fiction writers believe that, despite the fact that they never cared about their writing classes in school and never read actual books, they can still write- Which is false.

And, before you try to give the "Well just because I write bad on forums doesn't mean I'll write bad when I'm serious' argument- No. The way you type on forums indicates the style of typing you are comfortable with, which is usually a good indicator of how you would type an essay, a story, etc.

This is why 'internet speak' is a TERRIBLE habit to get into.
Mar 17, 2013 12:36 PM

Dec 2012
Amberleh said:
@Elfmint- While I agree, I must also say that you are wasting your time. SAO is not geared at our gender and, although fanboys will not always admit to it, one of the main reasons SAO is popular is BECAUSE of the terrible fanservice, gratuitous harem elements, and just general misogynistic tendencies of the series.

In addition, I hate to be rude, but judging by the way you type I would say you might want to avoid writing fan fiction until your writing skills improve.

MOST fan fiction is terrible because many fan fiction writers believe that, despite the fact that they never cared about their writing classes in school and never read actual books, they can still write- Which is false.

And, before you try to give the "Well just because I write bad on forums doesn't mean I'll write bad when I'm serious' argument- No. The way you type on forums indicates the style of typing you are comfortable with, which is usually a good indicator of how you would type an essay, a story, etc.

Sigh
Mar 17, 2013 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
Amberleh said:

Well, I wouldn't say it's misogynistic. It's probably because some girls don't have the tendency to like that sort of thing. I'm sure some ladies like to watch SAO. However, I do agree with your "terrible fanservice, gratuitous harem elements" comment.

+1 on the comments about the poster's illiteracy!
Mar 17, 2013 8:27 PM
Nov 2010
Objurgo said:
^^ Agreed
SAO wasn't the best but it was an interesting concept, What you're trying to recreate sounds like a bore, I might as well be playing an actual MMO instead :P
That's all the show was. A concept.
Mar 17, 2013 8:43 PM

Oct 2011
Z-flame said:
ElfinMint said:
no ecchi

Pretty much.
Mar 18, 2013 3:30 AM

Sep 2008
Can we atleast leave in the tentacle rape? :c

Nidhoeggr said:
tsudecimo said:

No, I read the first book because a female friend had it in their car when we were on a trip and while Bella is a horrible self-insert like Kirito, Edward is a creep and all other characters were as bland as in SAO they at least took themselves some (well, very little) time to start the romance instead of explaining everything with "lol timeskip, of course they got to know each other better". At least that's what I remember from it, I still try to forget the horrible experience that was reading Twilight.
It's just that the romance in SAO feels so forced that even Twilight looks a bit better in comparison.

Twilight > SAO /thread
Mar 18, 2013 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
SAO is perfect as it is it dosen't need remake.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Mar 18, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2009
Matas said:

Twilight > SAO /thread

I think SAO is more like the Twilight for 12-year old boys, but whatever.

wukp said:
SAO is perfect as it is it dosen't need remake.

There is no such thing as perfection.
Mar 18, 2013 10:30 PM

Sep 2012
The best way to understand SAO

btw Negima is good and better than SAO.
Mar 18, 2013 11:16 PM

Nov 2011
Elfmint, I share the same sentiments as you, believe me.

I sympathyze with your 'false advertising' stance on SAO because that is MY biggest problem with it as well. I also share the same sentiment that hentai/ecchi anime are less offensive if they are advertised as such because they aren't trying to present themselves as something they are not.

ALL THAT BEING SAID- It is nearly impossible to take you seriously considering 4/5 of your favorite anime are HENTAI. Disgusting loli/shoutacon ones at that, it seems. Honestly, as offended (This is a strong word- 'Offended' is not quite accurate. It would be more accurate to say that I burst out laughing every few minutes due to how over-the-top yet dead-serious it was about it's fanservice and pandering) by SAO as I was, I find your tastes far more offensive than the whole of Sword Art Online.
Mar 24, 2013 8:14 PM

Feb 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

tsudecimo said:

OK no even though i don't like sao that much NOTHING! I HAVE SEEN IS WORSE THAN TWILIGHT OK
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 24, 2013 9:24 PM

Sep 2009
Lol, at least it sounds more consistent then the original.
Mar 24, 2013 9:35 PM

Jan 2013
They mad cause they all want dat Kirito D.

Jelly.
Mar 25, 2013 6:07 AM

Apr 2009
hazerddex said:

OK no even though i don't like sao that much NOTHING! I HAVE SEEN IS WORSE THAN TWILIGHT OK

Then you haven't seen many movies. There is stuff far worse out there.
Still, Twilight is pretty bad and SAO is even worse in terms of character development.
Mar 25, 2013 6:20 AM

Sep 2012
It wasn't even that ecchi. There were like 3 scenes.

If SAO had too much ecchi, so did Death Note.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

71 by ItsQuintaly »»
May 5, 12:05 AM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.