Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2013 5:25 PM

Feb 2011
Just had a conversation in a Suggestion thread, figured I'd post it here as it could help others perhaps.

IntroverTurtle said:
dperolio said:
You can do both of these. It just involves going beyond the range of what they expect you to do (i.e. manipulate it in a way that works).

For instance, IntroverTurtle, I've manipulated your list where you can have comments and customize it however you want without exploiting the tags use which you seem to be so against. The downside of this method is that you would have to edit your code each time you want to add a comment, but it doesn't really take much more time than writing the comment anyway.

The result (after clicking a "Comments" button):

I'm not against it, it's just if there's something better why not use it or atleast why not let people know. I think you are confusing my enthusiasm and excitement for the comments section for hate on the tag system.
And that is great, are you able to leave in certain things under there? And will this affect anything differently like the load time? How big of a code am I going to need for each entry, I've got a pretty big list.

No load time differences. You can't leave certain things under there. You can manually add whatever you want on a case by case basis if you want.

Also, that's a faux comment section, but I figured out how you can actually include the comment section (so you can add youtube, images, etc. like normal) while getting rid of the rest. Again, these are very hacky methods, but it's the best you can do unless they completely re-structure the HTML of lists, which I can't see them doing (though it's really needed).

The result:

The extra code you need for this one is simply:

#more15061 table {
margin-bottom: -240px;

The number after more corresponds to the anime id on MAL. Sadly, you must add this for each anime on your list, since MAL does include any class... Even at that, you could almost use:

#list_surround table:nth-of-type(2n+6) {
margin-bottom: -240px;
}

And your job would be done... Sadly, MAL's 'more' tables aren't even tables, until you click the button to load the table into the html. That's a good thing though, they're using JSON and AJAX, which loads it only when it's needed (reducing bandwidth usage, lag, etc.) But they should add least add a class to it... Very easy and would give us easy easier customization of it.

EDIT: Well, ex-nay the last bit sort of. I forgot the more div has a class. >.< So you can simply use

div.hide table {
content: 'Comments';
height: auto;
border-color: #2b2b2b;
border-style: solid;
border-right-width: 1px;
border-bottom-width: 1px;
border-left-width: 1px;
border-top-width: 1px !important;
background: url("http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x314/Crow009/grayfire45.png") repeat !important; opacity: 0.99;
color: #fffc00;
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 11px;
width: 100%;
min-height: 21px;
padding-bottom: 10px;
padding-top: 5px;
padding-left: 10px;
padding-right: 10px;
}

(updated the code above to reflect)

So actually, this method would require no additional codes to be added for each anime on the list--- quite nice.

You could do a lot more with this, include add and formatting images, youtube videos, and much more. It's also possible to add animated events that run initially when the 'More' 'Comments' section is expanded.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [CSS - MODERN] ⚡️ Fully-Customizable Layouts (2023 updates!) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Jul 21, 2017

359 by CLModerno »»
May 5, 7:50 PM

» [CSS - MODERN] Add side renders to list layouts (including for each category!)

Shishio-kun - May 15, 2021

3 by gwynsyl »»
May 5, 1:41 PM

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7819 by Nunphell »»
May 5, 12:35 PM

» [HALL OF LEGENDS] Hacker09, MyAnimeList's #1 coder!

Shishio-kun - Dec 10, 2023

9 by hacker09 »»
May 2, 9:29 PM

Sticky: » 💚 [REPAIR STICKY] Repair/speed up a design + Request a layout fix

Shishio-kun - Nov 17, 2023

1 by Zelathis »»
Apr 29, 7:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.