Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 21, 2013 11:57 AM

May 2012
Some nice classical music and birtmington :p quite a nice episode that new girl looks great in that saifuku!
Jul 14, 2013 3:40 PM

Nov 2012
LOL XD that beethoven music and that dera's expression XD lovely! XD
Aug 8, 2013 2:13 PM

Aug 2008
Kanna is definitely shaping up to be my favourite character. That almost dopey calm way that she talks. She's so kaawhy.
Jan 20, 2014 6:10 AM

Sep 2011
I love Choi as a character!!
Jun 8, 2014 5:12 AM

Mar 2014
Too big Dera.. Too big... .. LEARN TO DIET FOR ONCE FATASS!! (oh.. That was my inner self.)
and he goes to some tough exercises/training/muscle work... etc.. to buck up his Fat self. or just don't feed him food then until he is slimmer enough.
Music adds the mood !!
That Escalated quickly.
No pity for the fat one!!
That Face haha!!
Those uniforms looks like the ones from my school!!
Bird twirling... Nice name !!
Well... that Maid-san and from that hiphop salesman looks exactly the same!!
Dera.. wtf is with that body lol!!
Choi was really cute in this episode !!
Nice ending !! The Season of Fall ... :D
Pretty good episode !!! :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 4:29 AM

Feb 2014
Nice to see Kanna getting more attention, even though this was mostly about Choi and the bird.
Choi getting dere on being treated as a friend by the girls was cute. Guess she didn't have any friends back home.
And like Midori said, Dera's new body does look weird and kinda gross.
Sep 28, 2014 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
kanna is full of win

lol @ coffee shop owner's "Dera is shocked while I play fitting music"

and of course Choi moe

prince must be lonely with his two servants gone ;_;

great ep
Dec 21, 2014 7:45 PM

Nov 2014
Oh man, poor Dera. I'm not liking his new look, haha. The Beethoven music was a nice touch, though.
Jul 5, 2016 9:43 AM

Sep 2015
This was a pretty good episode, after moving the plot forward so much last episode it makes sense to take a breather. So here we get inconsequential hijinks as the girls including the newly acclimated Choi force Dera to go on a diet. That's pretty much all the episode is. Dera wants food, the girls won't let him have it. There are worse things to build an episode on. Kanna in particular was amusing in her creative efforts to keep the big chicken honest.

My biggest thing approaching a complaint was the baton throwing scene where they tried to force Dera to be active, was done kind of lazily. One can't say it looked completely awful. But the corner cutting was pretty apparent. Really though other than that fun episode. I've continued to enjoy Dera's slow decline into an object of abuse. The girls played off each other as well as ever. And the usage of Bach and Beethoven to dramatize a diet as supplied by the coffee shop owner was probably the funniest part of the episode.

After last week saw Choi realizing Tamako has the "scent," this episode did absolutely nothing with that story line. It contained all of one scene pertaining to the main plot. The Prince is worried Choi and Dera haven't checked in in awhile and he might be headed to this little town himself soon enough. Given we only have four episodes left that may be a welcome way to end things.
Aug 30, 2016 11:56 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, that cliffhanger from the last episode was ignored completely huh.

Probably the funniest episode of the series so far and Choi is a cute addition to the cast. The comedic timing with the classical music was great and I've always liked the chemistry the main girls share with each other when they're actually together.
Oct 31, 2016 1:35 AM

Dec 2014
beethaven music seemed so spot on..... Dera looked weird in the edn though
Feb 12, 2017 10:55 AM

May 2015
Dera and clasiccal music. :DDDD

Best scenes. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 28, 2018 10:19 PM

Jul 2016
Not the best of episodes but Kanna was great in this one. I need more of her on screen, being honest. She and her antics are just too awesome xD

And also, it seems the next episode will be focused on Anko... Yes :D Really looking forward to it then!
Mar 15, 2019 9:18 PM
Apr 2016
So, Dera was on a diet, now he's all buff xD The new girl attended school, that was cute. Good episode.
Mar 21, 2019 8:22 PM

Feb 2012
lol when Choi threw her origami crane like a shuriken at Dera.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 22, 2019 10:56 AM

Dec 2016
He looked weird and unrecognizable at the end. He had a very strict diet there XD The bird's dramatic face was priceless with Beethoven sound effect on :D

Nice episode :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 30, 2020 8:47 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol, with Dera's form in the end. The gangs got its routines again to make Dera in a good condition, aka 'dietto'. But, it ended with some bullying to the bird. Poor you, Dera! Bird-minton? Bird twirling? Truly a good joke at its era. And yeah, Choi, really excited to go to school and very kawaiii!

It seems the cliffhanger in previous last scenes still pending its revelations to bring more curiosity? Okay, nice idea, then! Fortunately, next episode give An-chan more screen time, so i can easily forget the whole bride problematic!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 24, 2020 9:19 PM

Aug 2019
Lmao ngl kinda taken away by Kanna's mono tone voice and her ability to have pin point measurements and carpentry skills. Also i like her smug aura she admits. It mocks me and i like that.
Choi seeing civilisation and going to school and such is really nice. Although it was the last thing i would of thought about from an anime called "Tamako market" will admit i'm enjoying it non the less.
Although i dislike Dera, and seeing him go through a painful diet brought slight joy to my heart. I can respect anyone who trys to loose weight to end up at a weight they are more happy with.
Jun 10, 2021 11:29 AM
Jun 2016
The top view they did when they were having dinner was kind of weird in my opinion. Well, it's rather unique and I guess they wanted to show the grandfather getting food for the bird. But still.

Usually, it's girls having a diet in these "diet episodes." I guess I can commend on the people that worked on this anime for making a bird do it instead, lol.
Oct 10, 2022 10:59 PM

Jul 2019
I hate the japanese obsession with dieting, but when it's an actual obese...(in this case) bird I'll let it slide.

Jun 23, 2023 1:13 AM
May 2023
Omg dera that is insane I can't help but laugh at the way he looks
Dec 24, 2023 7:23 PM

Dec 2022
Now why do i find that bird so cute and funny when at first i hate his narcisstic attitude, now its turn out to be his charm lol.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2013

225 by bakakisima »»
Apr 28, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2013

175 by bakakisima »»
Apr 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2013

179 by bakakisima »»
Apr 27, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

365 by Estefan »»
Mar 19, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2013

219 by HyperNova06 »»
Jan 24, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.