Forum Settings
Forums

Otome Game 'Diabolik Lovers' To Be Animated

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 18, 2013 5:26 AM

Jun 2012
Oh my, that's something to look forward too because Kon-sama is in it and it's bloody. I love both and a combination of it and a lot of other seiyuu's I really like, too. I really really want them to keep the cast because that's all a bunch of talented boys that.
I also like the soundtrack to the game, and hope they keep it for the anime.
Feb 18, 2013 5:43 AM

Sep 2011
bippo said:
Official anime site: http://anime-dialover.com/

What the hell? one day, 9 tweets and already 2k+ followers?
Feb 18, 2013 6:56 AM

Nov 2009
I guess I'll give it a shot. I dunno, I keep trying to watch otome game adaptations and can't seem to even get through the first episode in most of them. :/

I really love the artwork though.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Feb 18, 2013 7:17 AM

Jul 2012
I actually like otome anime and reverse harem no matter how bad the production or ending will be. But hey that's just me^^

I really like the character designs, reminds me of Amnesia. Can't wait for this one (vamps, bishies, reverse harem!)! I'm just hoping the girl isn't soft voiced and very timid like the heroine in Amnesia and more like Yuuki in Vampire Knight >.<
Feb 18, 2013 7:42 AM

Apr 2011
The only problem I really have (after having read the synopsis) is why the hell are all the guys sadists? Was the script writer not bothered to have a little variety in his game?
Feb 18, 2013 7:59 AM
Mar 2010
yhunata said:
The only problem I really have (after having read the synopsis) is why the hell are all the guys sadists? Was the script writer not bothered to have a little variety in his game?

this comment made me lol. Actually, does the game explain why they're sadists?

Downgrade355 said:
bippo said:
Official anime site: http://anime-dialover.com/

What the hell? one day, 9 tweets and already 2k+ followers?

Why is it so surprising? O_O is it really uncommon to have 2k+ followers in one day? I don't have a twitter so.
Besides, AMNESIA has like 15k followers right now and look how it's gonna sell.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 18, 2013 8:00 AM

Aug 2011
HikaruIzumi said:
This looked really good until...
dtshyk said:
...but sadistic boys...

No, just no.

So, it'll have several copies of the same character with different looks? WTF? The way I see it is that it will be ALL about the bad boy cliche. Totally not watching something with ZERO creativity.

Guess you haven't played the game. No they're not all the same. They're pretty different. I've played the game, so...

Just because they're all sadists doesn't mean they're all the same person... =.=

Yui is actually a pretty good heroine (depending on the route) and you people who think this is a simple game, it's not. It's really creepy, and has a twisted story line; take it from someone who's played it.

I suppose they're going to do Ayato's route, huh? I WANTED SHUU OR TSUNBARU BUT OKAY THAT'S FINE TOO.

All characters have reasons as to why they ended up the way they did. I say you give it a try (I agree Amnesia wasn't as good as I thought it'd be). I don't want to get my hopes up TOO high or I'll be let down like Amnesia let me down, but I'm quite excited.

Daeyamati said:
Somehow I knew this would happen eventually. After playing through parts of the game, I can say that I'm excited for this. I just hope that they keep the seiyuu from the game and get someone kick-ass to voice Yui.

I have faith that they can adapt this without butchering the game.

Rejet, you can take my money AND MY SOUL now.

This. I LOVE YOU REJET.
LaciieFeb 18, 2013 8:04 AM
Feb 18, 2013 8:16 AM

Jun 2008
Actually, if you've played the game, it isn't that much different from Hakuouki and Vampire Knight in a sense~

Itami-chan said:
I never thought in a million years that Rejet would try to adapt Dialovers into an anime. And it's coming. I'm excited as all get out, but I'm worried about how the anime is going to turn out.

Same here, it's not like the plot can be ignored... and that involves some pretty scary things I don't want to imagine in anime format *shudder*

phoenixalia said:

It has to do with the story, but I think there was no reason for Reiji. :O

UtsukushiiYume said:
I suppose they're going to do Ayato's route, huh? I WANTED SHUU OR TSUNBARU BUT OKAY THAT'S FINE TOO.

Probably OTL Too bad his route is the only one in which I bothered to do all the endings, then I only played the prologue of some, but it was so disturbing and sick (Omg, Laito's prologue... X_X) I couldn't bring myself to continue anymore... ~.~ But I heard Shuu's und Subaru's routes are the best, so I might continue them sometime after all.
Feb 18, 2013 8:23 AM

Aug 2011
Face_Faith said:
Actually, if you've played the game, it isn't that much different from Hakuouki and Vampire Knight in a sense~
UtsukushiiYume said:

Probably OTL Too bad his route is the only one in which I bothered to do all the endings, then I only played the prologue of some, but it was so disturbing and sick (Omg, Laito's prologue... X_X) I couldn't bring myself to continue anymore... ~.~ But I heard Shuu's und Subaru's routes are the best, so I might continue them sometime after all.

When I listened to Laito's drama CDs I thought he would be the typical pervy kind of character but when I played the game... he kind of surpassed my expectations. I really hope we don't do his route. His Ends aren't even that great (well maybe because I just began to dislike him at one point). But yeah Shuu and Subarun's are the best.They're just so cute I can't even. Shuu's is pretty angsty and Subarun's just plain cute. I suggest you play their routes, because really they're just so aksflkasdf =///= I loved them the best.

Ayato... meh. He had his reasons, I guess. But I didn't LOVE him. I think I liked Kanato better than him XDDD because he had a more legit reason to be so fucked up.
Feb 18, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2011
phoenixalia said:

according to my otome-maniac of a friend, nope, it's just fanservice i guess, or something like that, sadistic heroes are becoming popular lately, go japan lol.

phoenixalia said:

Why is it so surprising? O_O is it really uncommon to have 2k+ followers in one day? I don't have a twitter so.
Besides, AMNESIA has like 15k followers right now and look how it's gonna sell.

Yeah, it is honestly uncommon to get 2k followers in half a day, not even a day, But then again, 2k isn't really much as a total, and as you said, Amnesia has 14k followers and it didn't sell that well, 2k people is like 0.0002% of the population, and the otaku culture makes up like, nearly 20% of japan. but the whole point is that 2k followers in half a day is impressive, but usually the rate of followers drop after a certain amount.
still, i'm impressed.

EDIT: holycrap it's almost 3k now lol
Feb 18, 2013 9:48 AM

Aug 2011
Downgrade355 said:
phoenixalia said:

according to my otome-maniac of a friend, nope, it's just fanservice i guess, or something like that, sadistic heroes are becoming popular lately, go japan lol.

Hmm, well I don't really remember if they explain why they're sadists. I guess it's a fetish maybe. I think they ARE explained for a couple of routes. But each of the guys have issues and they have legitimate reasons for having them. Except Reiji. He's really such a bastard and has no reason for anything. You'll see why (if you choose to watch it XD)
Feb 18, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2011
@UtsukuushiiYume
Yeah, it's more a fetish than anything for most of the time, but i read some review about some other otome games (Aromarie's specifically) that tells the background story of a hero and why he's the way he is (Sadistic, crazy psycho lol).

Yeah i think i'll give it a shot, i mostly get involved in otome stuff because of my friend, since she consumes them like crazy, and asks me sometimes to look up some for her, but i did watch Hakuoki and Arcana, this also has an interesting sypnosis so i'm checking it out, i'd like to see this reiji dude lol
Feb 18, 2013 10:53 AM

Nov 2008
the characters design looks good i must say
Feb 18, 2013 6:35 PM

Feb 2011
six sexy vampire dudes? count me in.
Feb 19, 2013 1:24 AM

Jul 2012
VioLink said:
Love the character design and the FeMC looks pretty cute.

I'm usually not one to point these things out, but I don't get why 'MC' can't include females, to the point where you'd use FeMC.

The cryptic comments on this thread about the content of the otome/anime made me curious. Will watch.
LogicielFeb 19, 2013 1:36 AM
Critic.
Feb 19, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2010
If it has sex, I am in.
Feb 19, 2013 4:23 PM
Mar 2012
Apparently a sequel of the game is going to be released, it is called DIABOLIK LOVERS ~MORE,BLOOD~. http://www.otomate.jp/dialover_mb/

I wonder which route they are gonna do for this anime adaptation. Maybe they should do an anime original story like Utapri, it seems to be more successful and appealing rather than following the original materials.
melina_putriFeb 19, 2013 4:27 PM
Feb 19, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
Downgrade355 said:
@UtsukuushiiYume
Yeah, it's more a fetish than anything for most of the time, but i read some review about some other otome games (Aromarie's specifically) that tells the background story of a hero and why he's the way he is (Sadistic, crazy psycho lol).

Yeah i think i'll give it a shot, i mostly get involved in otome stuff because of my friend, since she consumes them like crazy, and asks me sometimes to look up some for her, but i did watch Hakuoki and Arcana, this also has an interesting sypnosis so i'm checking it out, i'd like to see this reiji dude lol

Yeah it does explain it for a couple of characters (e.g. Ayato, Kanato, Shuu... (I guess?)) but really the rest don't have a reason. Subarun's not a sadist and Laito well... drifts from a do-M to a do-S constantly. Reiji is the real sadist, no reasons behind any of his shit.

But yes please give it a shot. XD I love the otoge and I'm going to put my faith in Rejet and those animating DiaLovers.
Feb 19, 2013 5:54 PM
Feb 2012
This series still isnt in the database yet >.<
Feb 19, 2013 8:23 PM
Sep 2012
I just read a review of the routes. Not sure how I feel right now.
Feb 20, 2013 10:06 AM

Jun 2008
UtsukushiiYume said:
When I listened to Laito's drama CDs I thought he would be the typical pervy kind of character but when I played the game... he kind of surpassed my expectations. I really hope we don't do his route. His Ends aren't even that great (well maybe because I just began to dislike him at one point). But yeah Shuu and Subarun's are the best.They're just so cute I can't even. Shuu's is pretty angsty and Subarun's just plain cute. I suggest you play their routes, because really they're just so aksflkasdf =///= I loved them the best.

Ayato... meh. He had his reasons, I guess. But I didn't LOVE him. I think I liked Kanato better than him XDDD because he had a more legit reason to be so fucked up.

I'm glad I don't remember them too well anymore \o/ Although there's no way I could forget Laito's continuous "Bitc(h)chan" calls v.v And I cannot stand his voice (same goes for Kaji Yuuki's like this q_q) ... I think once in the game, he (or someone else :S) was whispering directly behind Yui and then kept switching his position from left to right, that was so creepy Q_Q But I have to say the music fits this game ^^° I'm going to play their routes after I'm done with the current games then >D

I suppose that's how it is... :| But even if they didn't have certain problems, I'd have a hard time even touching them. I mean... isn't it uncomfortable when they're cold alll the time... >< LOL! xDD He looks like the shouta of the group (but I think he was actually older than what he looks like :S), I'm not really into that xDD

melina_putri said:
I wonder which route they are gonna do for this anime adaptation. Maybe they should do an anime original story like Utapri, it seems to be more successful and appealing rather than following the original materials.

That'd be interesting maybe Richter's going to get a route... :D As if OTL
Feb 20, 2013 12:03 PM

Sep 2012
I don't know how I feel about this. The Main girl looks really cute. I'll probably give it an episode or two to see if I like it. Hopefully it won't be like Vampire Knight..

undead_blopa said:
It's always the same with this genre, with the kinda normal girl is victim of the most violent men who keep sexually assaulting her or treating her like trash, but she's kind of in love with one of them so it's ok. It's seriously fucked up, even more than the shonen with all the girls way too eager to undress.
So let me get this straight.

An anime with a female main character who gets bossed around/dominated by male characters is sexist toward women. But an anime with a male main character who gets bossed around/dominated by female characters is sexist...toward women. Yea I'm not buying it.

Face_Faith said:
phoenixalia said:

It has to do with the story, but I think there was no reason for Reiji. :O
I think it might have something to do with the fact that they are all vampires. You know, the whole "undead blood sucking demon" thing might have something to do with their personalities.

Just a guess. Maybe.
Feb 20, 2013 2:07 PM

Aug 2011
Face_Faith said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

I'm glad I don't remember them too well anymore o/ Although there's no way I could forget Laito's continuous "Bitc(h)chan" calls v.v And I cannot stand his voice (same goes for Kaji Yuuki's like this q_q) ... I think once in the game, he (or someone else :S) was whispering directly behind Yui and then kept switching his position from left to right, that was so creepy Q_Q But I have to say the music fits this game ^^° I'm going to play their routes after I'm done with the current games then >D

I suppose that's how it is... :| But even if they didn't have certain problems, I'd have a hard time even touching them. I mean... isn't it uncomfortable when they're cold alll the time... >< LOL! xDD He looks like the shouta of the group (but I think he was actually older than what he looks like :S), I'm not really into that xDD

I always love Kaji's voice acting but him screaming is a bit. Well it was loud. And I was wearing earphones (dummy mic man; you need earphones/headphones or you lose the pleasure) so my ears kind of died a little.

I don't think anyone who's played the game or listened to the CDs can forget Bitch-chan. For game only players, Laito's extreme... mama complex. I mean. His endings are all so dumb. None of them are freaking happy sigh. Only Shuu and Subarun's routes fulfilled me. Because unlike Kanato and co., Shuu and Subarun aren't always cold because they warm up to her quite a bit. In Shuu's good end, oh my god. I want to spoil so bad but I don't think you'd appreciate it and you'd think Reiji is a bitch. (Which he is)
Feb 20, 2013 2:18 PM

Aug 2011
UtsukushiiYume said:
I always love Kaji's voice acting but him screaming is a bit. Well it was loud. And I was wearing earphones (dummy mic man; you need earphones/headphones or you lose the pleasure) so my ears kind of died a little.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's ears were mutilated by Kanato's wailing.

UtsukushiiYume said:
I don't think anyone who's played the game or listened to the CDs can forget Bitch-chan. For game only players, Laito's extreme... mama complex. I mean. His endings are all so dumb. None of them are freaking happy sigh. Only Shuu and Subarun's routes fulfilled me. Because unlike Kanato and co., Shuu and Subarun aren't always cold because they warm up to her quite a bit. In Shuu's good end, oh my god. I want to spoil so bad but I don't think you'd appreciate it and you'd think Reiji is a bitch. (Which he is)

You certainly don't need to play the game to understand that Raito is a bitch. I love Hirakawa to death but "Bitch-chan" please.

I just need Shuu, Reji and Subaru.

Feb 20, 2013 5:13 PM

Aug 2011
Itami-chan said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's ears were mutilated by Kanato's wailing.

UtsukushiiYume said:

You certainly don't need to play the game to understand that Raito is a bitch. I love Hirakawa to death but "Bitch-chan" please.

I just need Shuu, Reji and Subaru.

I think my most hated characters in the game became Laito and Reiji. I love Hirakawa too but I just. Laito. Sorry nope. Reiji is just a sadist bastard and I really hate him for what he did to Shuu.

I felt like his route was basically an info route. It pretty much explained everything to me. But it wasn't like Ayato's where it felt like the main character sigh.

I just need Shuu and Subaru and I'm good.
Feb 20, 2013 7:50 PM

Aug 2011
UtsukushiiYume said:
I think my most hated characters in the game became Laito and Reiji. I love Hirakawa too but I just. Laito. Sorry nope. Reiji is just a sadist bastard and I really hate him for what he did to Shuu.

I felt like his route was basically an info route. It pretty much explained everything to me. But it wasn't like Ayato's where it felt like the main character sigh.

It's pretty sad that I didn't even find Raito remotely attractive. His everything attitude just didn't do a thing for me. His ugly past with Shuu really didn't help, either.

The only reasons I liked Reiji were 1.) Glasses 2.) His getup 3.) Konishi Katsuyuki

Cannot wait to see them animated.

Feb 21, 2013 12:49 AM
Mar 2010
So, according to ANN, more details about the anime would be in B's Log's new issue which was released recently.
But nothing about the anime was cannoned...or was it? Does anyone know if it had more details about the anime?
I just want to know if it's an OVA or TV anime. xD
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 21, 2013 12:16 PM

Jun 2008
Red_Keys said:
I think it might have something to do with the fact that they are all vampires. You know, the whole "undead blood sucking demon" thing might have something to do with their personalities.

Just a guess. Maybe.

Well... I suppose it's better if I don't spoil anything~ :X

UtsukushiiYume said:

I was confused for a moment but now I know what you mean *nods while facepalming* That sure was scary... Teddy is probably already used to it OTL

Or "Chichinashi" ._. I've already read a review summarising the endings to find out whether I should continue or not so I think I know what you mean with Reiji in Shuu's ending q_q

Itami-chan said:
but "Bitch-chan" please.

I can see a new meme appearing on the horizon \o/ xD

phoenixalia said:
So, according to ANN, more details about the anime would be in B's Log's new issue which was released recently.
But nothing about the anime was cannoned...or was it? Does anyone know if it had more details about the anime?
I just want to know if it's an OVA or TV anime. xD

The characters of the new game were introduced, no idea if there was anything else :O
Feb 21, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
People said they don't like these kinds of series but will end up watching it anyways, Curiosity is a wonderful thing! xD
"A show with six sexy and sadistic vampires" that promises some kind of kinky actions?! I see a cash cow already
ThangLongFeb 21, 2013 12:52 PM
Feb 21, 2013 12:53 PM

Aug 2011
Itami-chan said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

It's pretty sad that I didn't even find Raito remotely attractive. His everything attitude just didn't do a thing for me. His ugly past with Shuu really didn't help, either.

The only reasons I liked Reiji were 1.) Glasses 2.) His getup 3.) Konishi Katsuyuki

Cannot wait to see them animated.

I know right. Everything about Laito. I mean I can stand characters who are pervy but he was just way too over the top with his attitude and everything.

Reiji's character design was nice (unfortunately not his character). XD He looked like he was poking a hole through his forehead every time he did that straightening glasses pose Katsuyuki is great but in all honesty I just couldn't with Reiji at all. Laito is ten times worse though.

I could really care less about Ayato. Well. Okay. At first (while listening to the Drama CDs) I liked him the best; but then I listened to Shuu and SUBARU. I completely forgot about Ayato XD

@Face_Faith: Yeah. TT.TT SHUU. That was so unfair.
Feb 21, 2013 6:50 PM

Jul 2012
Damm, everyone's talking about the game.. I've never played but I can't wait for the anime~
Feb 22, 2013 4:57 AM

Jun 2008
toomuchcoffee said:
I think I must be M for continually watching otome game adaptations...

I feels the same...
So far the only success otome game I have seen of recent is UtaPri. That series blew my mind and the only entertaining otome adaptation. <.<'

Maybe they should just go with a fun otome game adaption than some gloomy and complicated one. I feel like they will just screw up those compelling stories from the game or just simply trying too hard like Amnesia or any other we have seen of recent. Then again what they really do wrong is the heroine is either stupid or no personality at all. The heroine shouldn't be like in the game because its different experiance. Other VN game that becomes adapted into anime wasn't that bad as otome gamt adaption. At least the guys have personality...

P.S but I have to say.. If the seiyuu use dummy mic like the game, this could actually be.. melting~
MimikoFeb 22, 2013 5:04 AM
Feb 22, 2013 3:54 PM
Jun 2009
Loved the chara designs. Sadistic boys? Why not?
Feb 22, 2013 10:05 PM

Jan 2012
I love sadistic characters <3

Omg xD more Bishounens.

This seems like it might be meh. But y'know, we can't knock it til we try it.
Feb 22, 2013 10:08 PM

May 2010
genericore
Feb 22, 2013 10:10 PM
Feb 2013
Slowpoke_ said:
I love sadistic characters <3

Omg xD more Bishounens.

This seems like it might be meh. But y'know, we can't knock it til we try it.

Yea cause we need more pretty boys. Sometimes I wonder if everyone just wants anime to become the cartoon version of Twilight..
Feb 23, 2013 4:55 AM

Jun 2008
^ Aren't there more pretty girls than pretty boys in anime, anyway? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

UtsukushiiYume said:
@Face_Faith: Yeah. TT.TT SHUU. That was so unfair.

o.o! Now I'm interested in his route~ From the start I was actually looking forward to playing his the most, but he turned out to be unexpectedly lazy (and his voice kind of conceited). :S Then I'll save Subarun for later xD
Feb 24, 2013 1:50 AM
Mar 2010
lobe said:

Yea cause we need more pretty boys. Sometimes I wonder if everyone just wants anime to become the cartoon version of Twilight..

Well, boys get pretty girls and girls get pretty boys. :}
But considering that most anime now only have pretty/cute girls and only a handful of anime have pretty boys...see where I'm getting at?
Feb 24, 2013 1:56 AM

Sep 2012
lobe said:
I know right?

We need more plot.
Feb 25, 2013 1:33 PM

Aug 2011
lobe said:

Bro, DiaLovers is no where close to the shit that is called Twilight. It's creepy (sometimes sick) and actually has a plot. It's not just all pretty boys.

Plus like pheonixalia said, boys get their girls and girls get their guys. I'm actually glad otome game adaptions are just becoming more popular. There are already a lot of anime with fanservice for guys
LaciieFeb 26, 2013 12:37 PM
Feb 27, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
I'm glad, I hope anime is less scarier.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 27, 2013 6:26 PM
Apr 2011
Will absolutely watch! I love animes adapted from otome games! ♥
Feb 27, 2013 7:56 PM

Jul 2008
HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKERS
OMFG i listened to those CDS OH MY DEAR LORD
HIRARIN AKA RAITO

i'm sorry I'M JUST REALLY EXCITED.
Feb 28, 2013 4:43 PM

May 2008
They should keep all the scary creepy bits so anime only watchers can get the pants scared off them.

This ain't your regular cutesy lovey lovey boy harem game. Far from it, totally the opposite.

Feb 28, 2013 7:25 PM
Aug 2011
'ereee we go.

I, for one, am a fan of the Diabolik Lovers drama CD & PSP game [both of which, I assure you, are truly R-15+; if you disagree about the drama CD, I suggest you try Shinsengumi Mokuhiroku Wasurenagusa, a drama CD series which is /still/ not R-18 technically]. I am not an M, yet I can't say that I didn't enjoy this do-S series. Mostly for the voice actors & art, and the dummy head mic. I suppose the last will be nonexistent in the anime, though.

It was one of the two otome drama CDs I had found for the first time. The other being Amemakura, a much calmer and romantic one, so this hit a bit hard. Also, they both used dummy head mic, so it was as if the characters were actually there, whispering into your ear & whatnot. Except with Diabolik Lovers, they were biting the hell out of you/Yui. It's a miracle she didn't die of bloodloss.

I liked vampires; however, I didn't like the romanticized view of them, which is why I was quite surprised after stumbling across Diabolik Lovers. It portrayed vampires in a strangely unique way compared to how they are in typical popular culture. The drama CDs lack in romance. Completely. Admittedly, some of them are quite smutty. The situation CDs consist of each brother speaking to "Yui," which would be you, as a meal rather than a love interest. Every single one of the Sakamaki brothers is sadistic; the level of sadism each brother has varies, though.

The game goes into romance more; however, I feel that most of the endings were twisted and dark rather than romantic. The romance develops late into each route, as well; like I said, it mostly consists of their regarding of Yui as a meal and a toy.

I guess that it would be better to say that if you are here for the sparkly, romantic vampire stuff, you should leave. If you can't handle the heroine being treated as I've mentioned, do the same. If you get scared of the content and/or are not at all masochistic, you should be wary of the drama CDs and games.

Honestly, I prefer a dark story to a sweet one. I was glad that I found Diabolik Lovers in the end. I love the voice acting especially. Toriumi Kousuke immediately became my favourite [and so did Shuu]; I hadn't heard Midorikawa Hikaru in such a role [it took me fifteen minutes on Ayato's situation CD to realize the same voice belonged to Tomoe Yoh from Starry Sky]; Kaji Yuuki was perfect, despite and especially because of the fact that he sounded so annoying [his cute but yandere yelling was impressive]; Kondo Takashi portayed his character very well [I love tsundere characters, anyway]; Katsuyuki Konishi shocked me quite a bit [I was used to his America voice from Hetalia]; and... Hirakawa Daisuke was too perfect for his role [whenever I hear his voice anywhere, I freeze up out of fear].

From oldest to youngest: Shuu [19], Reiji [18], Raito [17], Kanato [17], Ayato [17], Subaru [16?]. Based on their official birthdays, Ayato is the youngest of the triplets & Raito is the oldest of them, which I refuse to believe due to earlier evidence of Ayato being the oldest among the three.
They have different mothers. Shuu & Reiji are Beatrice's children; Raito, Kanato, Ayato are triplets of Cordelia; Subaru is the only child of Christa.

My favourite to worst list based on the drama CDs alone: Shuu/Ayato, Subaru, Kanato, Reiji, Raito.
My favourite to worst list based on the PSP game: Shuu, Subaru, Ayato, Kanato, Reiji, Raito.

I won't go into specifics. Shuu's character was very interesting, but scary in the VERSUS CD. Ayato was the rude, obnoxious "ore-sama" who liked to mess around with the heroine, but he balanced it out in the VERSUS CD with Shuu. Subaru is a tsundere. I have bias towards them, as long as they're not annoying; he's not. Kanato was probably the most annoying character, a yandere [which I hate, but he's so interesting]. He's the middle of the triplets [with Ayato & Raito], but he acts like a spoiled child. Reiji was like some sort of messed-up sadistic butler character, but he was a bit funny at times, although dull. Also, his biting sounds are scary. Raito, however... I hate him. A lot of people seem to like him, but he's the most perverted character & I might have suffered some sort of trauma listening to him. Enough to the point that, despite being aware of Hirakawa's nice voice at times, I freeze up when I hear it. I can't like it anymore.

If I were to speak of the story itself in the PSP game, which I won't go into detail, I would say that it was very dark. Very dark and somewhat confusing. There are a few holes here and there. I didn't especially like Yui; however, I can't blame her for the situation she got herself into. I'd rate it about 7-8, though.

Art's beautiful, though. Lovely, lovely art. Lovely...

When I heard that Diabolik Lovers was receiving a sequel game, more drama CDs, 4 more vampire characters, character songs, and an anime... well, I was surprised that I was actually /dreading/ most of it. There is such a thing as too much, after all. Especially an anime, I'm not too fond of otome games being adapted into anime. Most of the Dialovers fandom seemed to await it with joy, but I simply wondered, "WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?" Even the 4 transfer student vampires, who are said to be even more sadistic than the first 6. 10 of them? Crazy.

The Mukami brothers; Ruki [Sakurai Takahiro], Kou [Suzuki Tatsuhisa], Yuuma [Kimura Ryohei], Asuza [Kishio Daisuke]. No point in talking about them yet, though, and they shouldn't have anything to do with the anime.

Oh, crap, I ended up typing a wall. WELL, ANYWAY...

tl;dr - I'M ACTUALLY DREADING THE ANIME BUT I'M TRYING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IT. Seriously, I like the dark story and all, but I can't imagine it being adapted. And so early... I'm most definitely looking forward to the voice acting and hopefully the art [I really hope they don't do too badly with it]. All the characters are sadistic and there's no Twilight/Vampire Knight sparkly kirakira dokidoki romance crap. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

OH ALSO, RAITO'S NAME IS OFFICIALLY WRITTEN AS LAITO, I THINK... It's habit.
Feb 28, 2013 7:41 PM

Aug 2011
Blippity said:
tl;dr - I'M ACTUALLY DREADING THE ANIME BUT I'M TRYING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IT. Seriously, I like the dark story and all, but I can't imagine it being adapted. And so early... I'm most definitely looking forward to the voice acting and hopefully the art [I really hope they don't do too badly with it]. All the characters are sadistic and there's no Twilight/Vampire Knight sparkly kirakira dokidoki romance crap. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.

Haha, well said. Most if us are looking forward to it and scared about how it's going to turn out. I just hope they aren't going to tone things down needlessly because it's the anime adaption. Character butchering is a no, but sadly I can see it happening. I'm also slightly curious as to how they'll deal with that art...

Blippity said:

Hope that this is not going to turn into a Light Yagami situation. In that case Raito/Laito's name would eventually be turned into Light. Let's hope not, that'd be a weird change.

Feb 28, 2013 11:22 PM

Aug 2011
Itami-chan said:
Blippity said:

Haha, well said. Most if us are looking forward to it and scared about how it's going to turn out. I just hope they aren't going to tone things down needlessly because it's the anime adaption. Character butchering is a no, but sadly I can see it happening. I'm also slightly curious as to how they'll deal with that art...

Blippity said:

Hope that this is not going to turn into a Light Yagami situation. In that case Raito/Laito's name would eventually be turned into Light. Let's hope not, that'd be a weird change.

Yeah it's not Raito it's Laito. It was in a magazine once, I've forgotten which one but it's lost in the sea of books and papers in my room.

What I'm most scared of is how they're going to do the art. I mean look at KuroKin.

the game:

the anime:

THE HELL DID THEY DO TO IKKUN.
Mar 1, 2013 4:27 AM
May 2007
UtsukushiiYume said:
Yeah it's not Raito it's Laito. It was in a magazine once, I've forgotten which one but it's lost in the sea of books and papers in my room.

Also this site has already listed their names. I'm looking forward especially to the character CDs. Finally songs by each vampire, 6 character CDs in total and I hope there will be more ♥
Mar 1, 2013 7:46 AM

May 2012
Sadistic boys? I'm now interested when's this coming out?

"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?" - Lelouch Vi Brittania
Mar 1, 2013 11:46 AM

Jun 2008
Shadow-Chan said:

the game:

the anime:

THE HELL DID THEY DO TO IKKUN.

... wha.. I don't even know what to say after seeing that -.-
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
53 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
9 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.