Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 8, 2013 3:11 AM

Aug 2008
IndoExamurai said:
KaiserNazrin said:
IndoExamurai said:
This episode proves why I consider this arc as one of my favourites. We get a huge insight and development of the overall plot and whats going on so far in the Gintama universe. Things are surely going to become more interesting and darker in the future.

But I need someone to clarify though, i'm kind of confused with the factions and who wants what.
So is the Tendoshu the amanto group, Oboro and Sadasada right?
And if that's them, then who are the Hatsubashi? (I think the spelling maybe wrong) Is that Takasugi's group?
If this is so, then wouldn't Nobume be a double agent or something?

Sadasada side with Tendoshu to gain power and Oboro side with the Tendoshou and not Sadasada it seems.

Hatsubashi is the another side in the shogunate who try toreplace the current shogun with their prince, Mimawarigumi is on their side but at Takasugi's side too. Takasugi's goal isn't the same as the Hatsubashi obviously.

Nobume follow Isaburo so if he side with Takasugi then she would to but it seems her loyalty isn't absolute. She did let Maizo go to Yoshirawa even though Isaburo persistently demand him not to. Being with Gintoki's group for a short time has already affect her.

I see. The political aspect of Gintama is kind of confusing with all the different names. Hard to remember. So by the looks of it there seems to be actually 4 groups or maybe even five.
-The Hatsubashi
-The Tendoshu
-Takasugi's group
-Gintoki's group
- Possibly even Katsura's group

If this is how its split for now, its going to be pretty interesting in the future lol

Well, you forgot Kamui's group which is the Harusame(the group seems to have special connection with the Tendoushu because both are Amantos). I doubt that dude and Takasugi will stay as allies for so long(like how he nearly killed Nizou for insubordination) considering the fact that although both have the same enemies, they might have other hidden motives as well.

Anyway, I can't wait for that light-sabers duel arc after this. XD
FalloutShounen3Feb 8, 2013 3:14 AM
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Feb 8, 2013 3:16 AM

Sep 2011
OTAKUADDICT said:
IndoExamurai said:
KaiserNazrin said:
IndoExamurai said:
This episode proves why I consider this arc as one of my favourites. We get a huge insight and development of the overall plot and whats going on so far in the Gintama universe. Things are surely going to become more interesting and darker in the future.

But I need someone to clarify though, i'm kind of confused with the factions and who wants what.
And if that's them, then who are the Hatsubashi? (I think the spelling maybe wrong) Is that Takasugi's group?

Sadasada side with Tendoshu to gain power and Oboro side with the Tendoshou and not Sadasada it seems.

Hatsubashi is the another side in the shogunate who try toreplace the current shogun with their prince, Mimawarigumi is on their side but at Takasugi's side too. Takasugi's goal isn't the same as the Hatsubashi obviously.

Nobume follow Isaburo so if he side with Takasugi then she would to but it seems her loyalty isn't absolute. She did let Maizo go to Yoshirawa even though Isaburo persistently demand him not to. Being with Gintoki's group for a short time has already affect her.

I see. The political aspect of Gintama is kind of confusing with all the different names. Hard to remember. So by the looks of it there seems to be actually 4 groups or maybe even five.
-The Hatsubashi
-The Tendoshu
-Takasugi's group
-Gintoki's group

If this is how its split for now, its going to be pretty interesting in the future lol

Well, you forgot Kamui's group which is the Harusame. I doubt that dude and Takasugi will stay as allies for so long(like how he nearly killed Nizou for insubordination) considering the fact that although both have the same enemies, they might have other hidden motives as well.

well the difference with nizou was he was a phyco, he couldnt control his killing habits and in turn got killed because of it. Kamui while being insane can keep his cool and hod back from pointless slaughter. I dont see kamui getting betrayed in the future but i think its obvious that like takasugi they will die eventually, which i can see 2 things, kamui dies first in a arc and then takasugi dies in the final arc series over, or the one i dont really like which is takasugi dies but kamui takes his place as the main villain of the series and the show goes on longer.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 8, 2013 3:31 AM

Aug 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
OTAKUADDICT said:
IndoExamurai said:
KaiserNazrin said:
IndoExamurai said:

-The Hatsubashi
-The Tendoshu
-Takasugi's group
-Gintoki's group

Well, you forgot Kamui's group which is the Harusame. I doubt that dude and Takasugi will stay as allies for so long(like how he nearly killed Nizou for insubordination) considering the fact that although both have the same enemies, they might have other hidden motives as well.

well the difference with nizou was he was a phyco, he couldnt control his killing habits and in turn got killed because of it. Kamui while being insane can keep his cool and hod back from pointless slaughter. I dont see kamui getting betrayed in the future but i think its obvious that like takasugi they will die eventually, which i can see 2 things, kamui dies first in a arc and then takasugi dies in the final arc series over, or the one i dont really like which is takasugi dies but kamui takes his place as the main villain of the series and the show goes on longer.

IMO, Kamui surviving is possible with a creepy smile on his face but I really doubt he will become the main antagonist assuming him having a lengthy dramatic talk with kagura about why he abandoned them and takasugi died. Also, the fact that although he's a major character on the part of Kagura, he's just a minor character on the part of Gintoki.

Feb 8, 2013 3:37 AM

Sep 2011
^ but the thing is.......that would be total shit, like thats not a interesting villain, theres no personal attatchment to it, the thing about what makes takasugi and kamui so awesome as villains is how they were related to gintoki and kagura, If anything takasugi is gonna kill their asses and then he will die after that, especially since the person takasugi is based off of does win

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 8, 2013 3:50 AM

Jan 2012
Yoshiwara always seems to bring the best out of gintama. and Tsukuyo once again proves to be the best Love interest for Gintoki. They fit together perfectly.

Amazing arc, shed a tear at the end
Feb 8, 2013 4:04 AM

Aug 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
^ but the thing is.......that would be total shit, like thats not a interesting villain, theres no personal attatchment to it, the thing about what makes takasugi and kamui so awesome as villains is how they were related to gintoki and kagura, If anything takasugi is gonna kill their asses and then he will die after that, especially since the person takasugi is based off of does win

I expect Sorachi will surprise(or troll) us about that in the future. I too like the Takasugi/Kamui tandem as a badass villain team but we don't know yet other individuals beside from Oboro(who is also a very badass villain) that the Tendoshu perks are reserving for possible upcoming arcs. Also, we don't know yet who is the third wing of Naraku besides her and Oboro. He might be a good or a bad guy. I don't know.

FalloutShounen3Feb 8, 2013 4:17 AM

Feb 8, 2013 4:18 AM

Jan 2011
very nice ending to a very great arc still WTFing over Oboro living but oh well leaves room for a even more epic fight with him

so many groups to remember now lol.
Feb 8, 2013 5:57 AM

Jul 2010
NOOOOOOO, plz don't go into fillers :'(

Crossing my fingers for the long overdue Tama-san x9999... or the Zanpakutou episode. IIRC there are still fair amounts of material to use so I hope they don't head into fillers right away.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 8, 2013 6:15 AM
Jul 2018
Raven-san said:

The ending was emotional, but I felt it was quite weird, like I understand them showing the audience the characters when they were young, but when Maizo starts holding her hands made me think this wasnt real..

I think it's a figurative representation of their death, as in, walking towards heaven (the moon). In reality, the two died there under the light pole (which used to be the place of the sakura tree) when Suzuran's hands fell.
Feb 8, 2013 8:36 AM
Aug 2011
Why does someone always spoil the perfect 5/5 voting. Damn it.

There's no words I can use to express these feels.
Truly perfect.
Feb 8, 2013 4:13 PM

Oct 2009
Takasugi!!! Man..this was the most amazing arc in Gintama ever! Just missing Zura :(
I am quite happy with the way this season is running honestly, re-runs are fine as long as they don't put them in middle of a arc. Due to this the pacing and animation is just perfect!

Also is this the main plot being revealed finally??

By the way things are going TsukiXGintoki might just happen?? XD hard to say this is Gintama.

Can't wait for more!!
Feb 8, 2013 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
Great way to end an amazing arc. One of my favorite arcs so far. Next to the Yoshiwara in flames arc. I really hope they don't do reruns, but most likely will because the other arcs are so short.

Btw can anyone tell me the name of the Ending song that was used this arc? I can't find it.
Feb 8, 2013 7:40 PM

Mar 2010
AWEEEEEEEEEESOMEE ARC !!

Feb 8, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2011
Tyrel said:

Btw can anyone tell me the name of the Ending song that was used this arc? I can't find it.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 8, 2013 9:31 PM

Sep 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tyrel said:

Yeah I know the opening :P. Trying to find the Ending song.
Feb 9, 2013 1:14 AM

Mar 2012
Tyrel said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tyrel said:

The ending is right at the anime's page. All you need to do is copy and paste it on Google.

"Expect (エクスペクト)" by Page
skwok-ravenFeb 9, 2013 2:01 AM

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 9, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2012
Great Arc, truly enjoyed it.
But I'm ready for some intimate Yorozuya gang action. And definitely ready for Katsura
Feb 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Apr 2011
Oh god, I cried my eyes out. That was so sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2013 4:11 AM

Jul 2010
Tyrel said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tyrel said:

OP: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/JaNHcNQG0n0
ED: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Cxdga4HMRQo
Pick your poison
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 10, 2013 5:36 PM

Jun 2011
I really hoped to see Zura in this arc. I think the reason of his absence was he's not the same guy whose goal was to destroy Bakufu in the begining of anime and he now prefers more of a non-violent approach. Still, it would've been nice...
Feb 10, 2013 5:44 PM

Feb 2008
I'm hoping for fillers I can't handle all this sad
On the other hand I'd say this was one of the best arcs ever.
Which is saying a lot.
GummyShoesFeb 10, 2013 5:49 PM
Feb 12, 2013 5:01 PM
Mar 2012
I just wish there's no 3 months of re-runs again.
Feb 13, 2013 10:35 AM

Apr 2010
LCSeixas said:
probably it will be just one week
Feb 13, 2013 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
baltazak said:
LCSeixas said:
probably it will be just one week
Doubt it, that be a really stupid idea to only do one week, they ate up 13 chapters people. They should have it be an equivalent exchange in number of weeks between anime and manga, Aka 7 more weeks not counting this week(6 weeks to air this arc including the 7 days before first ep+ 7 weeks till new episodes)

And anyone that hates the idea of this whole re-run thing, is kind of forgetting that if we were to have waited for a non re-run run, to even start this arc it would have taken till may to start and june to end, in other words you got this arc 6 months early and if the re-run idea keeps up we will be getting gintama episode months before we would have got them originally, and likely with better animation, look at the kintama arc, it was a comedy arc yet it got the serious arc treatment in terms of animation.
JizzyHitlerFeb 13, 2013 5:13 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 14, 2013 7:18 PM

Sep 2009
PRICELESSS EPISODE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so many emotions *o* !!!! and omfg Oboro >_______< grrrrrrrrr but how for the sake of? .. I think next things will lead to reuniting old joui as 4 demons and fighting against old evil...

www this episode was amazing !! as always comedy the highest quality, action blowmind <3 and really sad.. :/ but I am glad grandpa still managed to see Suzuran alive *.* www I feel really sorry for them :(( stupid old Shogun b*tch x.x

and I cant wait OST to be released <3 .. <3
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Feb 14, 2013 7:22 PM

Sep 2011
SamuraiSx said:
I think next things will lead to reuniting old joui as 4 demons and fighting against old evil...
Again I really doubt gintoki or katsura will ever fight alongside takasugi, and i doubt sakamoto has any real hostility towards takasugi.

If anything i can totally see takasugi and possibly alongside kamui them totally slaughtering those alien bakafu guys while gintoki is likley pre-occupied with a rematch with oboro in which that time hopefully gintoki will land a real killing blow.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 15, 2013 6:36 AM

Aug 2009
So far so good, the arc is amazing and crazy. Though...how many more characters will appear. It's starting to make me think that an epic war will happen.
Feb 15, 2013 6:45 PM

Jul 2011
Barion-Zara said:

-Nobume has definitely raised in my fav girl ranking a lot during this arc (Became my fav along with Tsukki and Kagura) and her relation with Oboro is interesting. I really wonder what Sasaki did for her to be that loyal to him.

-Tsukki was sooo cute blushing when she was told she is beginning to act like Gintoki hehe. Man this arc shipped GinxTsukki so hard and I loved every moment of it.

Woohoo finally caught up to Gintama, and caught up to a rerun. (next ep).
Anyways I totally agree. Nobume has picked my interests. I love her personality. And her mysterious background.

Kagura was already on my favorites but yes, both Tsu-ki and Nobume(mukuro) along with Kagura, have become my favorites of the show.
And if I had a top 20 favorite characters they would be in it as well. But since it's only top 10, Kagura is somewhere up there.

And with that, I hope they make an arc about Nobume(mukuro) too!

Haha i loved that part too, where Tsu-ki was blushing as she was being told she was acting like Gin-san. It was cute.

Well...this show has gotten alot more interesting than it already was. Can't wait for the next NEW episodes.
Mar 1, 2013 6:28 PM

Apr 2010
Loved this arc, the Shogun was so awesome, he isn't only one of the most funny characters, he's also kickass. Can't wait for next week for the next arc! (that's supposedly it's gonna be the last for this season

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Mar 3, 2013 2:07 AM
Mar 2013
Does anyone know the ending song for this ? >.<
Mar 6, 2013 5:14 PM

May 2012
^ thats gintama 13th opening song(Sakura Mitsu Tsuki)..

wow this arc is my fav...i have a feeling that takasugi and gintoki will team up to fight tendoshu.. It would be more awesome if katsura show in this arc also the flashback so great.. And ginXtsukki so cute both are blushing lols.. finally caught up, gonna read the manga next..
Dark_MessiahMar 6, 2013 6:09 PM

Mar 11, 2013 5:49 PM

Mar 2008
i actually cried for maizo and suzuran T^T
even after i replayed the same scence for a second time
sakura mitsutsuki suited this arc just perfectly
definitely one of the best arc, may even be the best

not to mention we get to see a glimpse of gintoki's past (shouyou's student)
Mar 20, 2013 7:04 PM

Mar 2008
awesome!
gintoki x tsukuyo <3
Mar 21, 2013 6:12 PM

May 2012
Wait, so Nobume is working for both Takasugi AND Sasaki? I'd like an episode about that please!

Who is this "Naraku" that keeps getting mentioned? This arc may have resolved a lot of plot points, but it also set up many more! She appears to have a history with Oboro, but they dont go into detail... I'm intrigued!

Anyways, amazing arc with a beautiful ending! I loved it! Took a while to get going, but these last couple eps were epic! We finally got to learn a little more of Gintoki and Takasugi's past (yay) and it expanded the mythology in a great way. Sorachi literally has no limits for what he can do in Gintama (being a crazy sci fi show and all) so yeah, nice he's developing the plot further!

I'm also glad they didn't resort to the old Gintama trope of "the bad guy isn't bad, he's just misunderstood" - Nope, this Sadasada guy was all kinds of cruel and evil!

NEEDS MOAR ZURA

5/5
Mar 28, 2013 3:04 PM

Sep 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
SamuraiSx said:
I think next things will lead to reuniting old joui as 4 demons and fighting against old evil...
Again I really doubt gintoki or katsura will ever fight alongside takasugi, and i doubt sakamoto has any real hostility towards takasugi.

If anything i can totally see takasugi and possibly alongside kamui them totally slaughtering those alien bakafu guys while gintoki is likley pre-occupied with a rematch with oboro in which that time hopefully gintoki will land a real killing blow.

I think you don't have any good perception in leading this plot with possible future story occuring ..O.o
I believe on the other half, that they will reunite since Oboro seems really dangerous and for 3 of them most detesteful person! and that those amanto who are responsible for all that mess will make something terrible which will force them to fight again together! BUT I din't say they would fight shoulder by shoulerd, I just said they will reunite joi and fight against old evil. and Sakamoto pretty knows when he needs to interfere so he wouldn't stay and watch his friends bleeding in one serious fight.
also Takasugi and Kamui can't reunite since they don't have any simmilar goals but only Gintoki and killing. it doesn't make sense at all what you are telling about their uniting O.o .. it can be only just a fake show for making use of both but not fighting alongside. and takasugi isn't so stupid to just hate and destroy bakufu, I think he have deeper plans .
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Apr 7, 2013 1:45 PM

Jul 2009
Such an amazing arc. Probably the best 'serious' Gintama arc so far.
Apr 9, 2013 10:54 PM

Aug 2012
Ever since Oboro appeared and a bit more was revealed from Gintoki's past, this arc easily became a favorite. Not to mention the Tendoshu made an appearance, as well as Takasugi. I'm just curious as to why Takasugi wants to destroy what is left of Shouyou though, after avenging him and whatnot.
Apr 17, 2013 8:17 PM

Oct 2012
Even though they fight for two different reasons they both fought for one purpose this time...Sadasada's head. So Oboro is still alive and the Bakafu is still in power so at least it's not chaotic. The ending made me cry though god damn it Gramps.
Apr 18, 2013 5:37 PM

Jul 2010
My god, I'll forever be thankful towards Takasugi for killing Sadasada, he was filthy scum which should've died from those freaking needles (Gintoki took like 2 or 3 at the begin and vomited blood + was paralyzed to the point where he couldn't move anymore...) so I was really happy he killed that worthless trashy character.

I'm very interested to see how the foreshadowing conflict will turn out in the future, Gintama manages to amaze me with it's epicness and story with every single serious arc so I'm expecting something I can't handle when the Tendoshu and Gintoki + Takasugi (and hopefully also Katsura) finally clash... I could probably wait for that forever as long as it'll be animated in the end. And let's not forget Kamui who seems to have some kind of alliance with Takasugi.

Katsura would hug Gintoki to death if he knew he was behind this coup d'etat and even pulled it off, more or less and I kind of wanted him to be in this arc, even though he's not trying to completely destroy the Bakufu anymore he should've showed up since it's about a coup d'etat... but anway it's still a erfect arc, 10/10, what else to say than that is was epic.
Apr 23, 2013 12:43 AM

Jun 2011
chanotek said:
Best Gintama arc ever. The comedy, the action, the plot, everything was perfect. 11/10.

Only thing missing was Zura.

Missing out Zura and it's the best Gintama arc ever? I beg to differ.

Takasugi's appearance was HOLY SHIT :D Awesome as heck, everytime I hear that voice in that appearance, I got chills!

The ending blurred out my vision ;_; What happened to the old guy? Did he died too?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 27, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2012
i agree. one of the best Gintama arcs ever. and missing Zura.
beautiful ending. i cried. <3

it's possible the old guy died out of sadness, but who knows...
私の力はあなたの理解を超えています
Apr 29, 2013 7:09 PM

Sep 2011
Natsu12345 said:

What happened to the old guy? Did he died too?
yah both of them died together, really bittersweet, they both finally see eachother after decades away only to pass away together, however they are both finally together and nothing will interrupt their time together anymore.

God damn it this arc was so beautifully depressing

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 30, 2013 11:06 AM

Oct 2012
It was an allright ep didn't see anything special or unique about it , good story line wish their was some action or comedy in it :(

Sep 10, 2013 3:42 PM

May 2012
This great arc came with a great ending! I do wonder what will happen next!
Oct 20, 2013 7:39 AM

May 2013
I loved this arc! The plot and the action were incredible.
Finally Takasugi showned up again, long time no see XD I agree with some people here, the only thing missing was Zura...
Oct 24, 2013 7:48 AM

Dec 2012
A great episode to end a perfect arc~!! Finally Takasugi shows up!!
Mar 19, 2014 6:47 AM

Oct 2013
I can't hold all of these feels :(

best arc ever !
May 24, 2014 11:26 AM

Oct 2013
Those Japanese hairstyles are ugly as fuck, no, fuck Japanese people, all of them.
May 29, 2014 9:35 AM

Sep 2012
Very good arc! More Tsukki love.
Jul 28, 2014 6:47 AM

Jun 2012
Incredible. Action, comedy, drama, everything just excels. Touching ending to one of the best Gintama arcs so far.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 28, 2013

180 by lordgaara »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 7, 2013

101 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 31, 2013

148 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.