Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2013 5:58 PM

Jul 2012
I'd like it to become a thing to talk about the shows, most of which are anime, that come on Toonami on Saturday nights, and live chat about them while they are on as well. We could also discuss what we think should be on next, and other Toonami related things.

Forgive me if this is in the wrong part of the forums. I don't know where it should go, but since most of the stuff Toonami airs is anime, I felt it could go here.

EDIT:
Currently Airing:
Dragon Ball Z Kai (11:00PM CST)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (11:30PM CST)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (12:00AM CST)
Samurai Champloo (12:30AM CST)
Naruto: Shippudden (1:00AM CST)
One Piece (1:30AM CST)

Shows Aired To Completion Since 2012:
Deadman Wonderland
Casshern Sins
Samurai 7
Cowboy Bebop
Sym-Bionic Titan (Not anime)
Thundercats 2011 (Not anime)
Eureka Seven
IGPX
Sword Art Online
Soul Eater
Black Lagoon
Bleach
Space Dandy
Blue Exorcist
Hellsing Ultimate
Gurren Lagann
Sword Art Online II
Michicko to Hatchin
Inuyasha: The Final Act
Dimension W
Parasyte -the maxim-
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Not anime)

Movies Aired On Toonami since 2012:
Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone
Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance
Kick Heart
Akira
Summer Wars
Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa
Trigun: Badlands Rumble

Shows To Air On Toonami:
Samurai Jack (Not anime)

Movies To Air On Toonami:
TrishaCatOct 15, 2016 10:36 PM
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2013 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
Bleach is on! And thus, one of the worst Toonami shows in my eyes is now airing!
Jan 26, 2013 9:09 PM

Jun 2011
toonami is for losers
Jan 26, 2013 9:18 PM

Jul 2012
FastWheels said:
toonami is for losers

How so, good sir?
Considering it's the only thing on television that airs non-kid anime and has unique commercials that do things like review video games and have stylish cool music, not to mention that some of the anime is pretty good, like Eureka Seven, Fulmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Casshern Sins, and Inuyasha, I'd say Toonami is pretty awesome.
Jan 26, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2011
Battlechili1 said:
FastWheels said:
toonami is for losers

How so, good sir?

because its for losers
Jan 26, 2013 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
FastWheels said:
Battlechili1 said:
FastWheels said:
toonami is for losers

How so, good sir?

because its for losers

Explain yourself.
I mean, its the only channel that airs good, non-kiddy anime like Casshern Sins, Eureka Seven, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, that also has unique commercials that review video games with cool music in the background all being told by a cool talking robot. Not only that, but it airs anime for 6 hours.
Jan 26, 2013 9:25 PM

Oct 2012
Eh...I think you could do this with MAL's IRC chat.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 26, 2013 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
Tavor said:
Eh...I think you could do this with MAL's IRC chat.

I didn't know such a thing existed. Ah well. I still want a thread to discuss toonami and everything about it, though. And if you mean the argument, it's related to the thread's subject.
Jan 26, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2012
Whats the line-up now I havent seen it since the debut.
Jan 26, 2013 9:43 PM

Apr 2012
Battlechili1 said:
FastWheels said:
Battlechili1 said:
FastWheels said:
toonami is for losers

How so, good sir?

because its for losers

Explain yourself.
I mean, its the only channel that airs good, non-kiddy anime like Casshern Sins, Eureka Seven, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, that also has unique commercials that review video games with cool music in the background all being told by a cool talking robot. Not only that, but it airs anime for 6 hours.

He just doesn't have a reason that "it's for losers" lol
Jan 26, 2013 9:43 PM

Jul 2012
Tvking00 said:

Toonami schedule in order: Bleach, Naruto, Thundercats, Samurai 7, Sym-Bionic Titan, Eureka Seven, Tenchi Muyo GXP, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Inuyasha.

Samurai Seven and possibly Sym-Bionic Titan are about to finish airing though. May be replaced with something else.
Jan 26, 2013 9:44 PM

May 2011
Tvking00 said:

Don't ask it's pretty much shit. I'm so sick of seeing Cowboybebop it's not fucking funny. All they do is re-run all the same shows and it gets boring as shit after watching it for years. I'm so done with Toonami if anything Adult Swim should just become Anime Swim that would be legit but nah they would rather play Children's Hospital and other shit that lacks any substance what so ever.

More to the point Toonami sucks, as stated before it's for losers, too much of the same shit ,and WAY too much shit from over a decade abgo that nearly everyone has seen.

*Edit I forgot to mention that either this week or next week they are starting all aring shows from scratch playing FLCL again, and dropping Naruto. There is no reason to even attempt to watch shit on there any more.
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
Jan 26, 2013 9:52 PM

Jul 2012
FreakyTy said:
Tvking00 said:

Don't ask it's pretty much shit. I'm so sick of seeing Cowboybebop it's not fucking funny. All they do is re-run all the same shows and it gets boring as shit after watching it for years. I'm so done with Toonami if anything Adult Swim should just become Anime Swim that would be legit but nah they would rather play Children's Hospital and other shit that lacks any substance what so ever.

More to the point Toonami sucks, as stated before it's for losers, too much of the same shit ,and WAY too much shit from over a decade abgo that nearly everyone has seen.

*Edit I forgot to mention that either this week or next week they are starting all aring shows from scratch playing FLCL again, and dropping Naruto. There is no reason to even attempt to watch shit on there any more.

1. Most of the stuff they are airing aren't stuff that's aired on "Toonami" specifically, and unlike adult swim action, when a show ends, instead of reairing it, they actually replace it with something else. Adult swim action last year aquired one new show and reaired everything else. This year, Toonami's changed that tremendously.
2. I actually haven't seen most of the stuff they've aired.
3. They have said that they plan on bringing in more new shows.
4. As far as I've seen, there is no such confirmation for them dropping naruto, and honestly, they wouldn't drop it. They've talked about it as if it's going to continue airing, and it brings in mega ratings. Also, they haven't said that FLCL will be airing next, because as of right now the next new show they are going to air hasn't been confirmed yet.
5. Adult Swim's own shows are stupidity beyond measure. Instead, I say Toonami should be airing every night instead of Adult Swim's nonsense.
*edit* I'd also like to point out that they aired Deadman Wonderland freshly dubbed. And Casshern was DEFINITELY new to Adult Swim.
*edit 2* And another thing: Toonami workers actually allow you to go and speak to them and recomend anime to air next. Seriously.
TrishaCatJan 26, 2013 9:57 PM
Jan 26, 2013 10:12 PM

Apr 2012
FreakyTy said:
Tvking00 said:

Wonder how many times you can say "Toonami sucks"?...

But even if we have seen some of that stuff for the last decade it can still be enjoyable. Granted, they do need some new shows but they will get around to them. Symbiotic Titan needs to go though.

Maybe they can get ahold of something like Angel Beats or TTGL? that would be awesome!
Jan 26, 2013 10:19 PM

Jul 2012
SchmidytheMini said:

But even if we have seen some of that stuff for the last decade it can still be enjoyable. Granted, they do need some new shows but they will get around to them. Symbiotic Titan needs to go though.

Maybe they can get ahold of something like Angel Beats or TTGL? that would be awesome!

I actually think Sym Bionic Titan is the best american action toon out there, with the exception of maybe Legend of Korra.
Adult Swim actually hinted at airing Angel Beats at one point on the past. I hope it actually happens. And Gurren Lagann? That'd be a dream to see that on Toonami. It's so epic. And so Toonami material.
Oh look, Thundercats is on. :/
Jan 26, 2013 10:21 PM
Jul 2012
nah samurai champloo needs to be on there
Jan 26, 2013 10:23 PM

Jul 2012
GoldenBRS said:

That actually used to air on Adult Swim in other countries. (and yet someone earlier was complaining about old shows)
I'd love to see Samurai Champloo. It'd be wonderful, and seems like a "Toonami" sort of show.
Jan 26, 2013 10:24 PM

Oct 2011
I think they should drop Toonami, and just run a few ads for Crunchyroll or something so these poor people don't think they have to sit and wait for anime on a weekly basis that has been aired already.
Jan 26, 2013 10:25 PM
Jul 2012
Battlechili1 said:
GoldenBRS said:

That actually used to air on Adult Swim in other countries. (and yet someone earlier was complaining about old shows)
I'd love to see Samurai Champloo. It'd be wonderful, and seems like a "Toonami" sort of show.

Yeah people will like it more than cowboy belop. And redline needs to be on there.
Jan 26, 2013 10:26 PM

Jul 2012
GoldenBRS said:
Battlechili1 said:
GoldenBRS said:

Yeah people will like it more than cowboy belop. And redline needs to be on there.

Yeah, I've grown tired of Bebop. I didn't care for it that much anyway. I've never heard of redline. Can you tell me a bit about it?
Jan 26, 2013 10:27 PM
Jul 2012
Battlechili1 said:
GoldenBRS said:
Battlechili1 said:
GoldenBRS said:

Yeah, I've grown tired of Bebop. I didn't care for it that much anyway. I've never heard of redline. Can you tell me a bit about it?

It is and raceing show. It is great. Type that show in
Jan 26, 2013 10:28 PM

May 2011
Battlechili1 said:
FreakyTy said:
Tvking00 said:

1. Most of the stuff they are airing aren't stuff that's aired on "Toonami" specifically, and unlike adult swim action, when a show ends, instead of reairing it, they actually replace it with something else. Adult swim action last year aquired one new show and reaired everything else. This year, Toonami's changed that tremendously.
2. I actually haven't seen most of the stuff they've aired.
3. They have said that they plan on bringing in more new shows.
4. As far as I've seen, there is no such confirmation for them dropping naruto, and honestly, they wouldn't drop it. They've talked about it as if it's going to continue airing, and it brings in mega ratings. Also, they haven't said that FLCL will be airing next, because as of right now the next new show they are going to air hasn't been confirmed yet.
5. Adult Swim's own shows are stupidity beyond measure. Instead, I say Toonami should be airing every night instead of Adult Swim's nonsense.
*edit* I'd also like to point out that they aired Deadman Wonderland freshly dubbed. And Casshern was DEFINITELY new to Adult Swim.
*edit 2* And another thing: Toonami workers actually allow you to go and speak to them and recomend anime to air next. Seriously.

Well my guide must be very far off then :/ Although at least me and you agree on adult swim being shit :P
Jan 26, 2013 10:31 PM

Jul 2012
FreakyTy said:

Well my guide must be very far off then :/ Although at least me and you agree on adult swim being shit :P

Ha, whenever they are making schedule changes, they tend to throw on a fake schedule until they're ready to reveal what'll actually be airing. Sometimes, the schedule on tv looks really crazy and weird because of it. xD
Kind of helps them be secretive and surprise its viewers.
I figure they'll make any announcements here to confirm whatever will end up airing. This is their official tumblr it seems: http://toonami.tumblr.com/
Jan 26, 2013 10:31 PM
Jun 2012
Battlechili1 said:
SchmidytheMini said:

I actually think Sym Bionic Titan is the best american action toon out there, with the exception of maybe Legend of Korra.
Adult Swim actually hinted at airing Angel Beats at one point on the past. I hope it actually happens. And Gurren Lagann? That'd be a dream to see that on Toonami. It's so epic. And so Toonami material.

I really need to see Sym Biotic Titan for my love of Genndy Tartkovsky shows, but alas I don't have cable. It looks visually exceptional and it's encouraged that more people watch this show. Plus it's got a lot of designs that look as if they're from Go Nagai manga like Mazinger Z and Devil Man (perhaps it's an influence...).

And I agree OP, Gurren Lagann should totally air on Toonami like it did on Sci-Fi Channel; but I think it is currently impossible to air because of Bandai's bankruptcy, putting a legal limbo as to who gets to air and license it. But if Bebop is still in the air... hmmm....
Jan 26, 2013 10:36 PM

Dec 2010
The lineup is pretty shit but I tune in just to support it, even though I mute it and continue watching anime that I actually want to watch. I've heard Samurai 7 is decent though, and that's airing now. Other then that, Brotherhood and Eureka 7 are the only two I would like to see continue airing. I'm not saying bebop is bad, just that it's too old. I'd rather see them air something like TTGL as most of you have said.
Jan 26, 2013 10:38 PM

Jul 2012
NexusHanzer said:
Battlechili1 said:
SchmidytheMini said:

I really need to see Sym Biotic Titan for my love of Genndy Tartkovsky shows, but alas I don't have cable. It looks visually exceptional and it's encouraged that more people watch this show. Plus it's got a lot of designs that look as if they're from Go Nagai manga like Mazinger Z and Devil Man (perhaps it's an influence...).

And I agree OP, Gurren Lagann should totally air on Toonami like it did on Sci-Fi Channel; but I think it is currently impossible to air because of Bandai's bankruptcy, putting a legal limbo as to who gets to air and license it. But if Bebop is still in the air... hmmm....

Aniplex is releasing a Bluray of Gurren Lagann in Japan, and they do own the rights to the movies in America I believe, so it's possible Toonami can get Gurren Lagann from Aniplex.
And now, Samurai 7.
Jan 26, 2013 10:39 PM

Jun 2012
Toonami is overrated to me, and there isn't much good stuff on there besides overrated shounen crap.
Jan 26, 2013 10:41 PM

Apr 2012
Samurai Champloo use to be on toonami several years ago if I remember right.
Jan 26, 2013 10:42 PM

Apr 2012
Legendre said:
The lineup is pretty shit but I tune in just to support it, even though I mute it and continue watching anime that I actually want to watch. I've heard Samurai 7 is decent though, and that's airing now. Other then that, Brotherhood and Eureka 7 are the only two I would like to see continue airing. I'm not saying bebop is bad, just that it's too old. I'd rather see them air something like TTGL as most of you have said.

Samurai 7 is a pretty good show. Watched the whole series and I would say it's worth watching
Jan 26, 2013 10:42 PM

Jul 2012
MEanimaniac1 said:
Toonami is overrated to me, and there isn't much good stuff on there besides overrated shounen crap.

Well, what about Eureka 7, Casshern Sins, Samurai 7, and Tenchi Muyo GXP?
Jan 26, 2013 10:45 PM

May 2011
Battlechili1 said:
FreakyTy said:

Ha, whenever they are making schedule changes, they tend to throw on a fake schedule until they're ready to reveal what'll actually be airing. Sometimes, the schedule on tv looks really crazy and weird because of it. xD
I figure they'll make any announcements here to confirm whatever will end up airing. This is their official tumblr it seems: http://toonami.tumblr.com/

So far the only show I've really been watching is Naruto lol. If they drop that I'm pretty much done. unless they bring in something amazing.
Jan 26, 2013 10:50 PM

Jul 2012
FreakyTy said:
Battlechili1 said:
FreakyTy said:

So far the only show I've really been watching is Naruto lol. If they drop that I'm pretty much done. unless they bring in something amazing.

I doubt they'll drop Naruto. It's funny. I was one of those "Naruto haters", but after watching it on tv recently, I'd say it's a pretty good show with a lot of heart. As far as airing something amazing, currently I'm hoping that the shows that replace Samurai 7 and Sym Bionic Titan when they finish (since they'll finish soon) will be either Gurren Lagann, Soul Eater, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Black Lagoon, or Hellsing: Ultimate.
Jan 26, 2013 10:54 PM

Apr 2012
Battlechili1 said:
FreakyTy said:
Battlechili1 said:
FreakyTy said:

I doubt they'll drop Naruto. It's funny. I was one of those "Naruto haters", but after watching it on tv recently, I'd say it's a pretty good show with a lot of heart. As far as airing something amazing, currently I'm hoping that the shows that replace Samurai 7 and Sym Bionic Titan when they finish (since they'll finish soon) will be either Gurren Lagann, Soul Eater, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Black Lagoon, or Hellsing: Ultimate.

Naruto use to be a great show. It has a great story line and characters...but it's been going on for way too long :\
Jan 26, 2013 10:59 PM

Mar 2012
I haven't watched Toonami in AGES. Hell, I watched Toonami when it was in the evening block (God I feel old).

They need to bring back Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai Champloo. They should use that to replace Samurai Champloo. In my opinion, I'd say these are the best animes from Toonami/Adult Swim since I watched it.

1. Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex (This isn't airing?)
2. Cowboy Bebop (I don't care if it's aired 50,000 times. It's still a great anime. If you're sick of watching it, then don't watch it. Simple concept)
3. Rurouni Kenshin (I liked it slightly better than SC)
4. Samurai Champloo
5. Wolf's Rain
6. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
7. Trigun
8. Bleach (only through season 3, the rest of it sucked)

That would be my Toonami block if I ran it. Not in that order though.
Jan 26, 2013 11:01 PM

May 2011
Battlechili1 said:
FreakyTy said:
Battlechili1 said:
FreakyTy said:

Soul Eater I could see and would make me happy as shit, but PSG I don't thnk they could play that without some serious censorship.
Jan 26, 2013 11:02 PM

Jul 2012
Toucanbird said:
I haven't watched Toonami in AGES. Hell, I watched Toonami when it was in the evening block (God I feel old).

They need to bring back Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai Champloo. They should use that to replace Samurai Champloo. In my opinion, I'd say these are the best animes from Toonami/Adult Swim since I watched it.

2. Cowboy Bebop (I don't care if it's aired 50,000 times. It's still a great anime. If you're sick of watching it, then don't watch it. Simple concept)
4. Samurai Champloo
5. Wolf's Rain
7. Trigun

lol, yeah, Toonami's been back for such a long time.
Ghost in the Shell stopped airing to make room for other things. IF I'm right, Adult Swim sort of has the perpetual rights to that series, so they could air it anytime anyway. It'll probably be back at some point in the future. Cowboy Bebop takes up space that could be used for other shows on there, but I understand other people like it.
Jan 26, 2013 11:03 PM

Jul 2012
Why are they still airing Cowboy Bebop its a classic and all but why would anybody want to watch those re-re-re-re-re-re-re-runs again I mean seriously there has to be atleast a billion other series for them to put int that timeslot.
Jan 26, 2013 11:03 PM

Jul 2012
FreakyTy said:
Battlechili1 said:
FreakyTy said:
Battlechili1 said:
FreakyTy said:

Soul Eater I could see and would make me happy as shit, but PSG I don't thnk they could play that without some serious censorship.

I think the censorship bleeps that would be added would actually make the show funnier. Somehow the cursing isn't as funny unless some of it is bleeped, in my opinion. xD
*edit*:
Tvking00 said:
Why are they still airing Cowboy Bebop its a classic and all but why would anybody want to watch those re-re-re-re-re-re-re-runs again I mean seriously there has to be atleast a billion other series for them to put int that timeslot.

According to their tumblr, it still brings in ratings and they love it too much. :/
Jan 26, 2013 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Battlechili1 said:
Toucanbird said:

4. Samurai Champloo
5. Wolf's Rain
7. Trigun

lol, yeah, Toonami's been back for such a long time.
Ghost in the Shell stopped airing to make room for other things. IF I'm right, Adult Swim sort of has the perpetual rights to that series, so they could air it anytime anyway. It'll probably be back at some point in the future. Cowboy Bebop takes up space that could be used for other shows on there, but I understand other people like it.

Like I said, I haven't watched Toonami in ages. I prefer to watch subbed anime nowadays so I don't really have any motivation to watch Toonami.

I have a question since Simon is your avatar, did TTGL ever air on Toonami? That would be a GREAT one for that block. I think Angel Beats would be a good series to put on there as well.
Jan 26, 2013 11:15 PM

Jul 2012
Toucanbird said:

Like I said, I haven't watched Toonami in ages. I prefer to watch subbed anime nowadays so I don't really have any motivation to watch Toonami.

I have a question since Simon is your avatar, did TTGL ever air on Toonami? That would be a GREAT one for that block. I think Angel Beats would be a good series to put on there as well.

TTGL never has aired on Toonami, though it should. Hopefully Bandai's closing shop in America won't stop that. Perhaps Aniplex has Gurren. TTGL did air on Syfy channel a few years ago though.
Adult Swim once hinted at Angel Beats airing in 2013. That and High School For The Dead. Though whether or not they actually do it is to be determined....
Jan 26, 2013 11:21 PM
Nov 2010
Battlechili1 said:
Adult Swim actually hinted at airing Angel Beats at one point on the past. I hope it actually happens.
what?
Jan 26, 2013 11:25 PM

Dec 2010
I personally have no idea why they even bothered with Toonami if they're only going to run it every Saturday at such an absurd time. No one except anime fans are going to watch this shit, and even then only a couple of them. The great part about the original toonami that aired during the afternoon block was that it INTRODUCED people in the US to anime. This isn't going to introduce anyone to anything, because no one is going to be watching Eureka 7 at 2:30 AM EST on a Saturday night.
Jan 26, 2013 11:35 PM

Jul 2012
Z-flame said:
Battlechili1 said:
Adult Swim actually hinted at airing Angel Beats at one point on the past. I hope it actually happens.
what?

You read it right. Adult Swim once hinted at airing Angel Beats.
Here's where it's been hinted at:
http://img.ly/aI9A
There was also a bump. I can't find much though. But they do tend to do bumps about anime and hinting at new 2013 anime aquisitions.
Jan 26, 2013 11:37 PM

Jul 2012
Legendre said:
I personally have no idea why they even bothered with Toonami if they're only going to run it every Saturday at such an absurd time. No one except anime fans are going to watch this shit, and even then only a couple of them. The great part about the original toonami that aired during the afternoon block was that it INTRODUCED people in the US to anime. This isn't going to introduce anyone to anything, because no one is going to be watching Eureka 7 at 2:30 AM EST on a Saturday night.

I DVR it. xD
Really though, a few people have actually claimed to have been introduced to some shows they otherwise wouldn't have watched. Same goes for myself, actually. But yeah, the time really sucks. But adult swim gets better ratings from comedy shows, and cartoon network apparently doesn't want Toonami back. :/
Jan 26, 2013 11:38 PM

Sep 2012
Ogawd....the Angel Beats dub.....
Jan 26, 2013 11:42 PM

Jun 2012
FastWheels said:
toonami is for losers

But seriously...

They air a single good Anime in the new Toonami?

Just saiyan
Jan 26, 2013 11:51 PM

Jul 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
FastWheels said:
toonami is for losers

But seriously...

They air a single good Anime in the new Toonami?

Just saiyan

And what single good anime is that?
I think Samurai 7, Eureka Seven, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Tenchi Muyo GXP, Naruto and Inuyasha are all good shows.
Jan 27, 2013 12:06 AM

Aug 2009
Redline is an anime movie that took 7 years to make and it looks fucking amazing, it doesn't have much in the way of plot and characters but yeah its an an adrenaline fueled joyride.

Honestly I don't much T.V and general and when I did watch Toonami (like 7-10 years ago)it was airing a lot of the same stuff that its still airing now apparently and thats not really a good sign. I think the main problem is the demographic, I'm not sure if they want to air the more seinen/mature shows or try to keep it more kid friendly and stick to the average shonen. I remember they used to show a lot of cool stuff on the Sci-fi channel, from the 80's and 90's and lots of great classics.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 27, 2013 12:13 AM

Jun 2012
bottosai-01 said:
Redline is an anime movie that took 7 years to make and it looks fucking amazing, it doesn't have much in the way of plot and characters but yeah its an an adrenaline fueled joyride.
Are you implying they plan to put a dub of Redline on Toonami? If so... I'm all for it.

Battlechili1 said:
I think Samurai 7, Eureka 7, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Tenchi Muyo GXP, Naruto and Inuyasha are all good shows.
Even as Subjective as it is... Those of us who watched Toonami back in the day are likely to have seen all these a handful of times. And I understand Toonami isn't for people like I, who have seen more Anime than anybody working there, but to introduce new fans to foreign animation... Airing at midnight on Saturdays will never achieve this.
Jan 27, 2013 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
The main problem for Toonami is the fact that the internet is soo good now.
I mean, I thank Toonami for introducing anime to me, but if I had the choice to wait a week for an episode of a show that is years old and has commercials...I would rather download or buy it instead. They will never be able to be as powerful as they were when this ad came out.
removed-userJan 27, 2013 12:25 AM
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

30 by 707supremacist »»
52 seconds ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

61 by billybub »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

41 by WatchTillTandava »»
8 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

15 by Spunkert »»
8 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

6 by IpreferEcchi »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.