Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Jan 7 - 13

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2013 4:59 AM
Sep 2012
I hope the drop for Kamisama isn't that big. From my understanding, volume one is discounted and includes only the first episode and the songs.
Jan 15, 2013 5:11 AM

Jul 2011
dtshyk said:

*7, *7,659 Psycho-Pass

Keep making money, Psycho-Pass. You deserve it.

Anyway, surprised to see 6k of Kamihaji. I'm starting to feel like I should watch it (at least to understand its appeal).

9988 said:

Cant be helped when new and current fans have only eyes for mo... fan... ecc... and pandering.

Oh, surely anime fans just have eyes for that. Because it's not like OniiAi sold less than Psycho-Pass, right? *sarcasm*

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Jan 15, 2013 5:48 AM

Sep 2010
9988 said:
10, *6,249 Kamisama Hajimemashita

Second season WHEN?????

My thoughts. It was the best shoujo series of autumn 2012 imo.
Jan 15, 2013 5:50 AM

Sep 2012
9988 said:
so no, for someone as wise and well informed as you present yourself on this forums the series has not lost it allure, simply tastes have changed
Isn't it the same thing? The work losing its allure to those who bought the anime back in 2004 is just the same as saying those people have turned to other things and not spending money on this anime any more. One thing you need to bear in mind is that those people who watched the anime and bought the DVD are now 8 years older. They may have stopped watching anime altogether or found other ways to spend money even if they are still in touch with anime. I think you focus too much on how the people in the anime fandom have changed in their taste, but yet those people are the same people 8 years ago. I would say my focus on the appeal of the anime for the original fan base (and DVD buyers) is more appropriate. Your way of thinking is still stuck too much on how the anime fandom is not what it was and so such-and-such work does not sell now etc.

9988 said:
in which you do not fail is that core audience remains and makes the series sell 6k which is impressive for the current times and series it competes with, that in itself however should easily tell you the series has not lost any allure to continue to appeal and actually make its solid hard fanbase buy the dvds.
Isn't that what I said already when I said in my post " Nonetheless we can tell the remaining core fans are still sizable in number." ? I think we both are impressed with the size of the core fan still attached to this anime.

9988 said:
Cant be helped when new and current fans have only eyes for mo... fan... ecc... and pandering.
Yeah, you have to come back to this, right? Getting too stuck with this kind of bent thinking and colored eyeglasses only gets you misinterpret what is happening in the anime industry these days. As Mary_Vanucchi said above, if only that is true, then we should see moe and fan service anime being top seller every season every year.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 15, 2013 6:19 AM

Dec 2011
Progeusz said:

But yeah, it's really strange to see nothing between 2.5k and 6k.

Still got Teekyuu to come, which stalker has on 2830 DVD + Blu Ray
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 15, 2013 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
^ Still nothing between 3k and 6k, which is really a huge gap in the middle.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 15, 2013 8:00 AM
Sep 2012
Btw GuP is no.1 on amazon just now beating TTGL and the Namie Blurays. I guess amazon have new stock.
Jan 15, 2013 8:02 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
Btw GuP is no.1 on amazon just now beating TTGL and the Namie Blurays. I guess amazon have new stock.
But without the ability to order, how can the ranking jump up to No.1 ?? I am really puzzled. At first when I heard about it in 2ch, I thought it was some pranksters or trolls messing around, but it is true, but how can it be possible when you cannot still order it?

Jan 15, 2013 8:06 AM
Sep 2012
Maybe it was up for a few minutes and people just jumped in and ordered and went out of stock again? It was always like that on AKB and some Kpop albums at the music section. Or maybe just resellers from people who had the volume before it got cut??
Jan 15, 2013 8:08 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
Maybe it was up for a few minutes and people just jumped in and ordered and went out of stock again? It was always like that on AKB and some Kpop albums at the music section.
Now that you mention it. Indeed it is quite possible!! This happens only in the music section before. If that is the case, I can imagine the stock just went empty perhaps in a matter of minutes. The pent-up demand is so great!

bippo said:
Or maybe just resellers from people who had the volume before it got cut??
I doubt if there are that many people willing to pay almost double the listed price to resellers for the BD...
symbvJan 15, 2013 8:12 AM

Jan 15, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2008
*3, 41,923 *41,923 Hunter x Hunter: Phantom Rouge "Reason"
can't wait for the movie
Jan 15, 2013 8:44 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
After 1.5 hour at no.1 GirlPan v1 has now fallen back to no.2 and Yamato 2199 v5 has retaken the no.1 position as it has always been.

Jan 15, 2013 11:49 AM

May 2009
Girls und Panzer nearing the 20k mark makes me a happy man, as that show is awesome. A well-deserved first place.

Kamisama Hajimemashita doing well also pleases me, as I found that show a lot more charming than Tonari and Sukitte, respectively.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2013 1:45 PM

Sep 2011
rainvalley said:
9988 said:

Second season WHEN?????

My thoughts. It was the best shoujo series of autumn 2012 imo.

The problem is that the way they finished this series with an original ending makes it almost impossible for there to be a second season. There are implications that become apparent later in the manga if Tomoe behaves like he did at the end and it's very key to the overall plot.
Jan 15, 2013 1:51 PM

Nov 2009
Excellent, it's great to see that Oda Nobuna is selling well.

The prospects of a second season might someday happen if it can keep it's sales up...

Here's hoping.
Jan 15, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2009
Yeah. I hope for Oda Nobuna S2 too. It was real surprise for me. Too bad such sales is 50/50 thing. Enough to make the S2 but not enough to really hope for one.
Jan 15, 2013 5:13 PM

Sep 2012
AO968 said:
Girls und Panzer nearing the 20k mark makes me a happy man, as that show is awesome. A well-deserved first place.

Kamisama Hajimemashita doing well also pleases me, as I found that show a lot more charming than Tonari and Sukitte, respectively.

Love Girls Und Panzer, well deserved.

Couldn't get into Kamisama Kiss though. Tried the first couple of episodes, didn't finish the second one.

Loved Sukitte and Tonari but sadly I am one of the few who did.
Jan 16, 2013 11:53 AM
Sep 2011
Could I ask did the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure DVD's come out yet? I've been kind of slacking on looking at sales this past month and I am really curious for if it does well.
Jan 16, 2013 12:52 PM
Sep 2011
jmal said:
edl01 said:
Could I ask did the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure DVD's come out yet? I've been kind of slacking on looking at sales this past month and I am really curious for if it does well.

January 30th, so the data will be out on February 5th along with Magi and a few other shows.

It's looking to do very well, possibly 10k first week if Amazon Ranking Stalker isn't overestimating it.

Thanks for the info.
Jan 16, 2013 10:35 PM

Jan 2013

I'm excited about this! Is it enough to really hope for a season 2?
Jan 17, 2013 1:20 AM

Feb 2010
Glad to see GirlPan adding a good amount again this week.

*9, 11,210 *11,210 Ginga e Kickoff!! "Jinsei Wahaha!"

This may be one of my favorite anime songs 2012. Good to see it rank, but I wish it sold more.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 17, 2013 4:50 AM

Jul 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Tari Tari? Really? What is this nonsense?

The show was great, so i dont see any surprise there, and it's definitely not a nonsense.
Jan 17, 2013 9:12 AM

Apr 2011
I still haven't watch Girls Und Panzer. It must be really good.
Jan 17, 2013 11:56 AM

Jun 2012
Suprised to see Psycho Pass v1 at 7k! Grats to Noitamina for having a hit, been a while since since Guilty Crown since a Noitamina show hasn't sold that much on the 1st volume

Dissapointments:

As much as I'm glad that PA Works Hanasku Iroha I mean Tari Tari sold well, I'm dissapointed that this will only encourage them to make more shows in that vein. Slice of life shows are already crowded as is X ( More shows akin to Angel Beats plox!( I know it has a slice of element component to it but the show over all had a different tone to it than its previous works

Moyashimon... I'm sorry your sales are so low....
Jan 17, 2013 1:17 PM

Feb 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
Dissapointments:

As much as I'm glad that PA Works Hanasku Iroha I mean Tari Tari sold well, I'm dissapointed that this will only encourage them to make more shows in that vein. Slice of life shows are already crowded as is X ( More shows akin to Angel Beats plox!( I know it has a slice of element component to it but the show over all had a different tone to it than its previous works

Moyashimon... I'm sorry your sales are so low....
By that logic, wouldn't they make more shows like Angel Beats instead of Tari Tari/Iroha? Angel Beats easily sold double what Iroha and Tari Tari sold COMBINED, so why would they be encouraged to make more shows like Tari Tari?

Or maybe *gasp* they do shows they like/want to?
Jan 17, 2013 1:33 PM

Dec 2012
Yvese said:

Maybe they run out of new ideas.
Jan 17, 2013 2:32 PM

Dec 2007
jmal said:
New additions: here
Full weekly list: here

Full list is up.

Top 100 BDs lists are friggin' amazing.

Chuunibyou tops 17k.
Psycho-Pass tops 8k.
Hidamari is mere inches from 10k.
K Vol. 1 is over 9k, and all four volumes rank. 9k for Vol. 1 is a pretty big deal, it was only 5.2k first week.
Updates for Hidamari, Darkness, LB, SAO, Hyouka, even the Strike Witches movie.

Wow, I'm really happy for K over 9K!?? XD and Chuunibyou is inching closer to 20K its sales are way better than Hyouka's eventhough I prefer the latter
Jan 17, 2013 3:44 PM

Nov 2009
jmal said:
ThangLong said:
Yvese said:
Maybe they run out of new ideas.

Since the great majority of anime are still adaptations, it's not usually up to the animation production studio to come up with ideas. It also seems a little harsh to say they're "out of ideas" after just two original shows that only share a limited degree of similarity. I'm not saying I necessarily want them to make more like that - I dropped both of the shows in question. But I don't think it has anything to do with not being able to come up with anything else.

One cannot simply re-create an anime that is similar to Angel beats plot because of how complex it's story-line is, that's probably why?

Well an anime is called an original piece for a reason...
Jan 18, 2013 3:33 AM

Oct 2007
K is over 9000!

Those top100 lists are godly, I hope they'll be a norm from now on. Darkness at #3 pleases me.
Jan 18, 2013 4:12 AM
Sep 2012
Progeusz said:

Those top100 lists are godly, I hope they'll be a norm from now on.

Is this your first autumn anime season?
Jan 18, 2013 6:15 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Progeusz said:
Those top100 lists are godly, I hope they'll be a norm from now on.

Yes, the Oricon list extending to 100 BDs should be a permanent change. Just as important is Oricon tracking data for BDs up to, it looks like, 200. So even if we don't see that in the weekly lists, it'll still be there getting counted in case a title reappears in the top 100 later on, or ranks in mid-year or yearly lists.

So there is hope I will see Sukitte Ii Na Yo there after all, sigh...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
42 seconds ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.