Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist' To Be Animated

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 24, 2012 4:12 AM

Oct 2008
OMG O ^ O unbelievable!! prodigious ^0^ HU HU HU
Dec 24, 2012 4:42 AM

Jan 2011
So excited!! I absolutely adore Makai Ouji.
I had no idea it was so popular!
Dec 24, 2012 5:05 AM

Aug 2011
Looks good!
Dec 24, 2012 5:06 AM

Sep 2011
Queen-Neehola said:

Not to interrupt your fun time but, where did you get the idea that it was popular?
Dec 24, 2012 5:34 AM
Jun 2009
Sounds good, judging from the synopsis (which does not really tell all about the work itself). I suppose I would give it a try when the anime comes out.
Dec 24, 2012 5:46 AM

Dec 2009
supermegasonic said:
well apparently its like pandora hearts

Enough for me to be looking damn forward to it. And it looks like something from the 19th century, which I love. Too bad adaptations of this style is getting less and less common.
Will read the manga later.
LiinahDec 24, 2012 5:49 AM
Dec 24, 2012 5:51 AM

Oct 2010
I'm so excited! Makai Ouji is one of my most favorite manga of all time, I didn't expect that it would be able to get an anime adaption, though. My day has officially been made! (✪⥎✪) Anyone who's thinking of checking out the manga totally should.
Dec 24, 2012 6:09 AM

Sep 2011
What are you people saying? It looks nothing like Pandora hearts, there's a big difference between the two.
Dec 24, 2012 7:11 AM

Feb 2010
The massive amount of genres makes me skeptical, but it does sound interesting. We'll see how it turns out.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 24, 2012 7:25 AM
Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
Queen-Neehola said:

Not to interrupt your fun time but, where did you get the idea that it was popular?
Maybe she got it from the fact that the manga is getting an anime?
(That came out ruder than I thought it would, sorry.)
Anyway, it's shoujo so I'll definitely watch it.
Dec 24, 2012 7:44 AM

Sep 2011
shymel said:
Maybe she got it from the fact that the manga is getting an anime?
(That came out ruder than I thought it would, sorry.)
Anyway, it's shoujo so I'll definitely watch it.

Knowing mal members, i think that's case. but the fact is that something doesn't have to be popular to get an adaption, there are many examples, such as this one.
Dec 24, 2012 9:10 AM

Aug 2011
YES.

Things just keep getting better and better.
Dec 24, 2012 9:10 AM
Mar 2010
Downgrade355 said:

Knowing mal members, i think that's case. but the fact is that something doesn't have to be popular to get an adaption, there are many examples, such as this one.

welp, I read lots of shoujo and there are many other shoujos like this one so for it to be chosen out of all those other shoujo, it has to mean something right? I dunno why either to be honest but that's my closest guess.
On that note, this is also from Comic Zero Sum, the same magazine where Karneval, which is getting an anime in Spring 2013, is serialized.
I would think that they would wait to see Karneval's sales in manga and anime form and see how it does before animating another one from the same magazine.
It seems funny.
But well, the anime was announced a long time back but it's only gonna air in Spring.
If I had to be optimistic, I'd say that even before the anime airs, rather, after the announcement, Ichijinsha saw a rise in either magazine circulation or tank sales for Karneval. So, perhaps boosting Karneval's popularity was a success and now they're trying it with a different manga.
Just my opinion.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 24, 2012 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
@phoenixalia
i don't think i've ever seen this nor Karneval make it to the rankings.
Dec 24, 2012 9:33 AM

Nov 2009
Shoujo. Bishies.

I'm in!

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Dec 24, 2012 10:45 AM
Mar 2010
Downgrade355 said:
@phoenixalia
i don't think i've ever seen this nor Karneval make it to the rankings.

It doesn't have to. I can name a few light novels like NakaImo or DakaraH or Hagure Yuusha which before their anime were not seen on the charts for LN's either.
I can name a few manga as well.
K is serialized in two magazines, with two different manga.
K: Memory of Red is especially important if you want to understand the anime.Yet both of it's volumes didn't rank on the charts. K:Side Red also didn't rank.
But yet the first volume of the anime sold more than 7k and the second volume sold more than 5k. Full weekly data is not there for the third volume yet so I can't say about it yet.
No.6 is another example.
What I'm trying to say is, sometimes, just because a manga doesn't sell well doesn't mean the anime won't sell well.
And there are magazines like Comic-Zero Sum which only have manga like Karneval and Hakkenden yet they survive. If their manga didn't sell enough, they make it up in other ways.
K manga never appears on the charts while it sells decently well in anime and merchandise. The drama CDs are really popular.
Anime, merchandise, events etc.
Whatever it is, there has to be some reason they animate stuff like this.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 24, 2012 11:09 AM

Jun 2012
seems a bit yaoish
Dec 24, 2012 11:22 AM

Sep 2011
@phoenixalia
i think you're misunderstanding something here, someone in this topic said "i had no idea it was so popular", i asked them where they got the idea that it was popular given the fact that most people haven't heard of it and so far it hasn't even ranked. there are mangas/LN's that aren't popular and got anime adaptions, such as DakaraH and hagure which you mentioned, and that proves my whole point regarding this conversation.
Dec 24, 2012 11:24 AM
Mar 2010
Shuhan said:
seems a bit yaoish

well, I started reading it and I can say it has undertones but its not yaoi. Not even shonen ai. Below that. I think if you could watch Kuroko no Basuke, you could watch this.
Dec 24, 2012 11:36 AM
Mar 2010
Downgrade355 said:
@phoenixalia
i think you're misunderstanding something here, someone in this topic said "i had no idea it was so popular", i asked them where they got the idea that it was popular given the fact that most people haven't heard of it and so far it hasn't even ranked. there are mangas/LN's that aren't popular and got anime adaptions, such as DakaraH and hagure which you mentioned, and that proves my whole point regarding this conversation.

I'm sorry. I'm half asleep really. Its 3 am but for some reason when I lie down, I can't stay down. I know, I'm weird. Forget that I said that.
One thing I did want to say was about you post regarding Karneval:You said you hadn't seen it in the rankings.
I meant to say just cuz something's not in the oricon rankings doesn't mean its not popular. It makes money in different ways like merchandise, events and such.
I think I should have made myself clearer.
Dec 24, 2012 11:58 AM

Sep 2011
Will watch<3
Dec 24, 2012 12:02 PM

Sep 2011
phoenixalia said:

well, I started reading it and I can say it has undertones but its not yaoi. Not even shonen ai. Below that. I think if you could watch Kuroko no Basuke, you could watch this.

Comparing this to Kuroko no basket is like comparing one piece to precure, they're completely different genres with different content for different audiences <_<

phoenixalia said:

I'm sorry. I'm half asleep really.

Yeah i can see that.
Dec 24, 2012 12:26 PM

Jan 2010
Downgrade355 said:
phoenixalia said:

Comparing this to Kuroko no basket is like comparing one piece to precure, they're completely different genres with different content for different audiences <_<

phoenixalia said:

I'm sorry. I'm half asleep really.

Yeah i can see that.

Pretty sure she's talking about the amount of BL undertones. Even of something has a completely different genre and demographic, there are still things they can have in common. She's saying the level of BL in the two series is similar, not the series themselves.
Do you know Oyashiro-sama?
Dec 24, 2012 12:52 PM

Sep 2011
-KamioRika- said:

Pretty sure she's talking about the amount of BL undertones. Even of something has a completely different genre and demographic, there are still things they can have in common. She's saying the level of BL in the two series is similar, not the series themselves.

except Kuroko no basket had none. That aside, they're still completely different genres for completely different audiences, she says if you can watch KnB you can watch Makai ouji, or you're saying a basketball shounen fan can watch a shoujo blatantly and clearly intended for certain female fans? Yeah no.
Downgrade355Dec 24, 2012 12:56 PM
Dec 24, 2012 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
The story sounds interesting while i was reading so i will probably watch a couple episodes then make my decision.
Dec 24, 2012 1:02 PM

May 2008
....yes. Good.

Dec 24, 2012 1:20 PM

Jan 2010
Downgrade355 said:
-KamioRika- said:

except Kuroko no basket had none. That aside, they're still completely different genres for completely different audiences, she says if you can watch KnB you can watch Makai ouji, or you're saying a basketball shounen fan can watch a shoujo blatantly and clearly intended for certain female fans? Yeah no.

No, she's saying that if you can stand the amount of BL undertones in one anime, then you could stand it in the other one. It has nothing to do with the demographics.

Let's say you have an anime that has slight BL undertones, but it's a shounen sports anime. Then you have another one that is a shoujo, but has the same amount of BL undertones as the sports one. Then someone who has watched the sports anime asks if the shoujo is a yaoi. She answers, saying that if you can tolerate the amount of BL in the sports one, then you can tolerate the amount of BL in the shoujo one and that the amounts are similar. She's not saying "If you liked Kurako no Basuke, then you will like this!".

... If that makes any sense. You seem incapable of comprehending text, so I tried to break it down for you. I feel like I may have made it more confusing though.

Also, what? People can't enjoy more that one genre? Oh, I'm a girl who likes shoujo, so I guess I can't enjoy shounen blatantly intended for males, huh?
Dec 24, 2012 1:32 PM

Sep 2011
@-KamioRika-
The anime in question here is Kuroko no basket, which as i said, has no BL undertones (unless you're a fujoshi, and you have that goggles thingie whatever they call it), so no. I think Kuroshitsuji would be more appropriate in this case, for being the infamous shounen with BL undertones.

Okaaaaay so you enjoy shoujo a shounen, good for you, that must mean every guy who watches Shounen (or any other genre for that matter) is going to watch a Shoujo with bishounens (Not even a solid shoujo), traps, and BL undertones or whatever it is you're talking about, makes so much sense i can't believe i haven't thought about it before.
Downgrade355Dec 24, 2012 1:36 PM
Dec 24, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2010
Downgrade355 said:
@-KamioRika-
The anime in question here is Kuroko no basket, which as i said, has no BL undertones (unless you're a fujoshi, and you have that goggles thingie whatever they call it), so no. I think Kuroshitsuji would be more appropriate in this case, for being the infamous shounen with BL undertones.

Okay, I can agree with you there. I haven't watched Kuroko no Basket, so I wouldn't know. I can agree that Kuroshitsuji would have been a better comparison.

Downgrade355 said:
Okaaaaay so you enjoy shoujo a shounen, good for you, that must mean every guy who watches Shounen (or any other genre for that matter) is going to watch a Shoujo with bishounens (Not even a solid shoujo), traps, and BL undertones or whatever it is you're talking about, makes so much sense i can't believe i haven't thought about it before.

I never said that every guy who watches shounen is going watch a shoujo filled with bishies. I'm saying that it's not impossible that a guy can like both shounen and shoujo. You made it sound like people cannot enjoy more than one genre.
Dec 24, 2012 1:55 PM

Sep 2011
@KamioRika
Well yeah.

And of course, people can like multiple genres (the vast majority here do like several genres), it's just that certain genres aren't for everyone ;p
Dec 24, 2012 2:05 PM

Jan 2010
Downgrade355 said:
@KamioRika
Well yeah.

And of course, people can like multiple genres (the vast majority here do like several genres), it's just that certain genres aren't for everyone ;p

Okay, I see what you are saying now. Sorry for being a jerk! .-.
Dec 24, 2012 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
@-KamioRika-
It's fine, don't worry about it.
Dec 24, 2012 2:51 PM

Apr 2012
that's great!
i was planning to read it anyway
Dec 24, 2012 3:04 PM

Feb 2008
I've read a few chapters of this manga a long time ago but it was not really that interesting...
Maybe this adaptation will change my mind about it so I will give a try ~
Dec 24, 2012 3:34 PM

Jun 2008
Downgrade355 said:
Queen-Neehola said:

That's probably because there are (relatively?) many replies in this thread and the number of people who know this piece (and have replied in such a short amount of time as well) is unexpectedly high for that person :O Plus, I suppose its popularity rank on MAL is not bad~ And even if you say something doesn't have to be extremely popular to get an anime adaption, it's not like any manga/novel/etc. gets one right away~ But in the end, I think it's the amount of replies that caused this reaction.

phoenixalia said:
Shuhan said:
seems a bit yaoish

I haven't read/watched the other one, but I can imagine it's one of those manga/anime with lots of male characters which attracts the kind of BL fangirls who think of any sort of interaction between two males as a BL moment (although I may be wrong). Sometimes, these fanbases give off wrong impressions... It's not a BL manga, but I cannot deny there's no material for such fans, either... x'D
Dec 24, 2012 4:18 PM

Jul 2012
Hoping for the best.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 24, 2012 8:43 PM

Oct 2011
Sound like pandora hearts for some reason, But Id'e watch it
Dec 25, 2012 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
It seems interesting because it reminds me a bit Pandora Hearts.
Maybe i'll first try to read the manga and i'll decide if i want to watch the anime version.
Dec 25, 2012 3:32 AM

Sep 2011
Face_Faith said:

I haven't read/watched the other one, but I can imagine it's one of those manga/anime with lots of male characters which attracts the kind of BL fangirls who think of any sort of interaction between two males as a BL moment (although I may be wrong). Sometimes, these fanbases give off wrong impressions... It's not a BL manga, but I cannot deny there's no material for such fans, either... x'D

This is actually a good explanation.
Dec 25, 2012 7:26 AM

Dec 2009
Mik0 said:
It seems interesting because it reminds me a bit Pandora Hearts.
Maybe i'll first try to read the manga and i'll decide if i want to watch the anime version.

I thought that at first too, but it's really crappy especially if you compare to PH. ;w; The only similar thing I've seen so far is the master-servant relationship, which is pretty common in mangas with the 19th century theme. Well, not saying the manga overall is bad, but I didn't like it. Still, I think it's cool that it's going to get an anime, at least it's something "different".
Dec 25, 2012 7:30 AM

Nov 2008
Looks gay.
I'm in.
Dec 27, 2012 1:48 AM
Mar 2010
Bunns said:
Looks gay.
I'm in.

this made me lol.
Dec 27, 2012 6:18 AM

Jun 2010
Oh, another yaoibait in the style of PH & Kuroshitsuji.
Dec 27, 2012 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
Liinah said:
I thought that at first too, but it's really crappy especially if you compare to PH. ;w; The only similar thing I've seen so far is the master-servant relationship, which is pretty common in mangas with the 19th century theme. Well, not saying the manga overall is bad, but I didn't like it. Still, I think it's cool that it's going to get an anime, at least it's something "different".

Infact I wanted to say that "Devil and Realist" remind me PH just because of the master-servant relationship.
If you delete this particular(and the 19th century setting) it seems different from PH(or at least it seems to me)
Dec 29, 2012 8:49 PM

Oct 2012
WTF!!! YES!!! i'm so happeh... i didn't see that coming.
ps: wtf ppl, comparing this w/ pandora hearts, i really hope this will be better since PH is trash [for my taste] especially that dickhead al*ce.
zozeDec 30, 2012 12:33 AM
Dec 30, 2012 6:43 AM
Oct 2011
Will try this, hope it doesn't make me regret.
Dec 30, 2012 8:22 AM

Jun 2008
Bunns said:
Looks gay.
I'm in.

Me too;)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 30, 2012 8:45 AM

Dec 2009
zoze said:
ps: wtf ppl, comparing this w/ pandora hearts, i really hope this will be better since PH is trash [for my taste] especially that dickhead al*ce.

You just got my dead wishes. Saying that after only watching 5 episodes, oh well. It's your opinion, will respect, but you should definitely try the manga.
Dec 31, 2012 8:18 PM

Oct 2012
Liinah said:
zoze said:

You just got my dead wishes. Saying that after only watching 5 episodes, oh well. It's your opinion, will respect, but you should definitely try the manga.

no, actually i've wactched more than 5 episodes, and i've read the manga, and i think it's already good as what i've rated. 2/10 or 1/10
Jan 1, 2013 8:37 PM

Oct 2010
OMG, I was planing to read the manga!!! It seems so goood xD Now I'll just wait for the anime *.*
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

18 by malvarez1 »»
9 minutes ago

» Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - 9 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
9 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Today

3 by Rinrinka »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Announces Additional Cast Pair, 1-Hour Premiere

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

2 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

3 by VittoCheri »»
Today, 6:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.