Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 20, 2008 11:41 AM

Feb 2008
Saw Batsu doing subs on Skip Beat! lead me searching about and i came across this (not the best source, i know) and was later confirmed by AS License Database. Attempts to confirm by browsing the company website proved futile as the site was in Japanese. Anyone mind checking it out for everyone else who is interested in this?

Does this officially mean that Skip Beat! will be considered licensed from January 8th onwards, or maybe not even considered licensed at all? (see GONZO as example)

And the fan subs starts to drop it already. Chihiro is confirmed to drop it (kinda). Not so sure about Ureshii-Yoroshiku.

CR becomes a step closer to becoming fully legal...
Nov 20, 2008 11:54 AM

Jun 2008
Nayah said:

Does this officially mean that Skip Beat! will be considered licensed from January 8th onwards, or maybe not even considered licensed at all? (see GONZO as example)

Chihiro is confirmed to drop it (kinda)

Yes it will be officially licensed from January 8th onward which means no more subs from Chihiro after that, just have to hope Ureshii keeps subbing at its slow pace or wait until some other group subs it.
Nov 20, 2008 12:36 PM

Feb 2008
I thought there will stop subbing this now , didn't read carefull but yeah.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 21, 2008 10:53 AM

Mar 2008
I read carefull ;p and they said that, they'll subbing to 13-th episode and then they'll drop it...

"Chihiro subs" said:
On the other hand, there is no indication as of yet whether crunchyroll will be subbing the episodes that air until January 8th. As such, unless the situation changes, we will sub until episode 13, and then drop the show.
Nov 21, 2008 12:09 PM

Jul 2008
I'm crying IRL.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 21, 2008 12:51 PM

Jun 2008
Fia said:
I read carefull ;p and they said that, they'll subbing to 13-th episode and then they'll drop it...

"Chihiro subs" said:
On the other hand, there is no indication as of yet whether crunchyroll will be subbing the episodes that air until January 8th. As such, unless the situation changes, we will sub until episode 13, and then drop the show.

Hopefully by the time they drop it, some other group steps up to the plate to continue the series or during the time chihiro is still subbing Ureshii-Yoroshiku will announce whether they will continue or stop subbing this series.
Nov 21, 2008 1:27 PM

Apr 2008
Was pretty horrified to hear this since now I'll have to waaaaaait for the DVDs to come out >.< Sad since this is one of my favorite fall 08 shows. Oh well, congratulations to them for geting licensed!
Nov 21, 2008 4:37 PM

Apr 2008
It's not really LICENSED, it's just going to be put on Crunchyroll after it airs, same with Shugo Chara, Gintama, Naruto and I assume Bleach is the fifth one. :\ Even if you buy and download from CR, the quality is awful, so I'd rather stick to fansubs until it's licensed and put on DVD.
Nov 22, 2008 3:35 AM

Mar 2008
That's really sad news. I hope another speed sub group will pick it up.

Waiting for this show is rather unbearable.

Well, I never used crunchyroll, I heard the quality is a bit better than youtube so maybe I will watch it there, if there is no alternative.
Nov 23, 2008 10:02 AM

Aug 2008
What's with the licensing of the '08 fall anime lately? How come they license them all so fast? Same with Shikabane Hime: Aka..
Nov 23, 2008 8:51 PM

Jun 2007
lzumi-chan said:
What's with the licensing of the '08 fall anime lately? How come they license them all so fast? Same with Shikabane Hime: Aka..

To stop fan subbers and to get their content on American run streaming sites like Joost and Hulu that require the content to be licensed.
Nov 23, 2008 8:57 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
lzumi-chan said:

To stop fan subbers and to get their content on American run streaming sites like Joost and Hulu that require the content to be licensed.

Yo DeathfireD, any chance that it will not get dropped?

I just checked #8 and it is amazing! I would not want anyone to stop fan subbing it.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 24, 2008 9:52 PM

Feb 2008
you guys can watch it on Youtube. a youtube user is subbing and uploading it on youtube.

Nov 25, 2008 9:47 AM

Jan 2008
Well, it's good thing that more anime is available on DVD. Yet it's not that easy with Skip Beat!. It's gona take some time and we don't know how many episodes there gonna be so not everyone can buy it instantly... I mean I hope youtube subbers would continue this project after all. ^^

Don’t lose your way towards tomorrow,
don’t fear, now spread your wings.

Last.fm | GET CHU!
Nov 25, 2008 9:17 PM

Nov 2007
Possibly no more Skip Beat fansubs? My whole winter was just possibly ruined. T.T
Dec 10, 2008 1:13 PM

Nov 2007
if this is shown on crunchyroll i wonder if skip beat will see light here in the united states. if its licence to show on cr what about united states? :(
I want them on dvds soon i hate streaming stuff :(
Dec 21, 2008 11:13 AM

May 2007
littlebluetotoro said:
you guys can watch it on Youtube. a youtube user is subbing and uploading it on youtube.

With youtube quality video? Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather wait for the DVD's and buy them.

The problem with streaming on crunchyroll and youtube is the quality of the video is so low it's unbearable to sit and watch. Just wait and see, who knows maybe Ureshii/Yoro will keep subbing them, and there's always DVD subbing groups down the line. Ultimately though it is their decision, as they'd be fansubbing something that is licensed. Either way the show is good enough to want to buy it and support the industry when the DVD's do come out. Hell I even got my boyfriend to watch and enjoy this show...
Dec 21, 2008 10:41 PM
Oct 2007
So even though I don't watch the YT version since I go for the raws anyway, the YT subber says he/she will stop subbing in January as well.

I've taken a look at the sample CR has of Naruto that they will stream HD upon payment later on, and the quality actually looks quite nice. They only showed the OP sequence though so I'm not sure how well the subbing will be. Or are they even subbing it?

I sincerely hope Ureshii/Yoroshiku will continue. If not, I'll endure raws and understand at least half.

But anyway, anyone planning to pay for the CR service?
Dec 22, 2008 5:21 PM

Sep 2008
does that mean that after it gets licensed there wont be any subbers and then i cant watch it?!!?!?

or is there someone else subbing it?!?!

like i saw all the other comments and i'm just wondering if they will keep on subbing. cuz for instance youtube, i heard they were like deleting stuff to do with anime... and then for the chrunchyroll, didnt they get those eps from youtube???
maybe i'm just like making stuff up, but can someone explain it a little more....

Your worries may seem like the world, but compared to the world they don't even come close.
Jan 2, 2009 12:51 PM

May 2007
TeARsFade said:
does that mean that after it gets licensed there wont be any subbers and then i cant watch it?!!?!?

or is there someone else subbing it?!?!

like i saw all the other comments and i'm just wondering if they will keep on subbing. cuz for instance youtube, i heard they were like deleting stuff to do with anime... and then for the chrunchyroll, didnt they get those eps from youtube???
maybe i'm just like making stuff up, but can someone explain it a little more....

It all depends on the subber's intentions. Many groups will stop subbing something once it has been licensed. As of now, Chihiro has said they will stop at episode 13 I believe. However there are DVD subbing groups, so if there is a DVD release down the road, one of them may pick it up.

The thing to watch right now, in my opinion, are the joint subs of skip beat by Ureshii & Yoroshiku. Many people thought they would stop subbing it, however just recently there was a skip beat episode 7 posted on the baka-updates new releases awhile ago.

There's no news posted about it on either of Ureshii's or Yoro's sites though, just a release on their tracker. So if you're wanting something a bit higher quality than chihiro, go look for it on baka-updates. Who knows, maybe they will keep subbing it in secret?
Jan 2, 2009 5:32 PM

Apr 2008
If you wanna watch it, crunchyroll just got permission to put it, so go there. They will keep putting the episodes there. If not, then wait for the DVD's -o-

I think the quality is ok, cuz I'm used to Youtube's, and CR's is better xD. If you don't wanna pay on CR, then just wait a week after the ep has aired in japan, and they come free
lupi_sanJan 3, 2009 6:23 PM
Jan 2, 2009 8:18 PM

Dec 2008
I'm just praying that Ureshii-Yoroshiku's going to keep subbing it, even if they are are a bit behind Chihiro right now. I just don't want to pay for CR's service when the quality is pretty crappy, and I refuse to watch anime on Youtube (I can't stand the quality, at all). So if they don't, I guess I'll just wait for the DVDs or something. :\ I am following the manga and so far, the anime's stuck to it pretty closely, so it isn't too big of a deal.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 11, 2009 6:28 PM
Oct 2007
You know, even if CR "licensed" it and only show it "on the same day" for people who pay, there are some nice people who pay, watches it, and then rip the stream off from CR to be streamed on some other sites like Veoh so everyone else can watch the new episodes "on the same day". I mean, seriously, I think it's a matter of time before CR realizes, "Doh!" or maybe they already realized it. =_= Or maybe I'm just imagining things and there really aren't such nice people. XD
Jan 11, 2009 7:22 PM

Feb 2008
As it stands right now. Chihiro has released their 'last' episode, Ureshii-Yoroshiku are releasing it at their snail pace as usual, BATSU went M.I.A and some 'new' fansubbers just miraculously appear right on time as if on que to save the day..

Just who are these [HorribleSubs]?
Jan 12, 2009 1:09 AM

Jan 2008
I want to watch it on CR but it's not available for my region... too bad. I hope some good people will rip it off crunchyroll and show it to the world.. XD
Jan 12, 2009 9:34 PM

May 2007
You could always get "Crustyroll's" version. It's in 1280x720 and a link is on TokyoToshokan.

Haven't watched it to see if it is any good, but considering the awesome play on names, I think I'll download just to see.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 8, 2009

56 by eaticia »»
Mar 10, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MagicalEmi - Mar 29, 2009

245 by cornonacob »»
Jul 14, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Mar 15, 2009

27 by Yuki8160 »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 8 Discussion

Annisa - Nov 24, 2008

34 by s4gail0na »»
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 PM

» Is it bad that i watched this for the acting part and not the romance part

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Jul 2, 2022

13 by Mahificient_79 »»
Jul 3, 2022 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.