Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2012 11:55 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
it was real nice seeing s-cry-ed again. The animation and music were great, the fights got me excited :). And the new ending!!!!!! I love how kazuma and kanami got to stay together at the end :D!!!!!! i was looking forward to what would happen at the end and it didnt let me down XD
Dec 27, 2012 10:16 PM

Apr 2007
Wow I really like the bit they added at the end! A nicer conclusion than the TV series :)

The new character seemed a bit useless, but eh, who cares. I wasn't expecting anything from him anyway lol
May 13, 2016 12:27 AM

Sep 2011
Ending was dope. Gave way more satisfying ending than the original.
Nov 7, 2016 8:31 PM

Dec 2012
Kazuma won and Cougar lived.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 3, 2019 8:18 PM

Mar 2016
Since I suffered through the first one, I figured I might as well see how else they pointlessly butchered a favorite series of mine.... and....

This was even worse than the first. I don't think I have seen worse pacing in anything calling itself a 'film' in my life, and that is no exaggeration.

Of course this happens when you take the middle half of a series and just force it all to happen in an hour and a half.

The funny thing is, I actually rewatched these episodes of the series recently, and despite me having seen S-CRY-ed well over 10 times, it was still just as engrossing as it's always been. And this was a literal slog to get through. (It took me about half a month, actually).

There were so little new scenes in this second film too, I have to wonder why it exists at all.

Mujo's pointless new buttslave/lover is the perfect representation of this movie series: pointless and included solely for sake of saying there's something 'new'.
I halfway thought they might have him at least *do* something, but no. He literally defines pointless.

I think what I hated most of this was that it tried to have all the moments of character and real emotion, that the series had to work for episodes to build up to, without any of that buildup. It was just HERE ARE THOSE MOMENTS, but without any reason for why they had meaning in the first place. It was painful to watch.

S-CRY-ed is a top 10 series of mine, ranked #4 for me, actually, and I am dead serious when I say if I had watched these films first, I would never, in a million years, have bothered with the series. I would've written it off as a poorly written, action-over-substance piece of garbage. It does the series a complete disservice, and if this review helps someone who wants to get into the series; learn only this:

DO NOT START HERE.

If you have to waste your time on these films, do so only after you've seen the original series in full.

I also really hope people or fans don't start using these films as proof of contradictory canon too; IE, Cougar not dying at the end or anything else that was set up here. It's clearly non-canon and a pointless, fan fiction level recut of the original series.

I truly don't know why they didn't just make one wholly new (and possibly even good) movie instead of butchering old footage into a very bad new narrative that it was simply never designed for. They could've made a whole new thing instead of ruining something great.

Whoever was behind this had no clue what the series was really about, I feel. The absolutely pointless new ending was proof enough of that. Garbage.

2/10 and it's only not a 1 simply because it still had the superficial 'vibe' of being S-CRY-ed; and the new acting matched the original's beat for beat, except for Mujo, who was pointlessly hamming it up for seemingly no reason.
CrimsonCWJan 5, 2020 6:13 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.