Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 28, 2012 5:54 PM

Apr 2012
I have only watched through episode 18 so far but I've pretty much kept up with people's comments about this show since I love it so much. I notice alot of people who don't really seem to like Asuna very much and like Suguha much more. Honestly, I don't see why. I really don't want this show to turn into a brother-sister love story. Asuna is a great female lead in my opinion and is much more enjoyable to the story than Suguha. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I would like to hear from both sides of this.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2012 6:02 PM

Jan 2008
It's usually zero to hero but instead she goes from hero to zero. I don't dislike her or anything though. Not that I favor her either.
Nov 28, 2012 6:06 PM

Nov 2011
Paul said:
It's usually zero to hero but instead she goes from hero to zero. I don't dislike her or anything though. Not that I favor her either.

Plus, how do you compete with this?
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 28, 2012 6:07 PM

Sep 2012
Ragix said:
Paul said:

her boobs have a mind of their own
Nov 28, 2012 6:08 PM
Jul 2012
Noinochi said:
Ragix said:
Paul said:

Suguha>Asuna
Nov 28, 2012 6:10 PM

Apr 2012
Haha, they do seem to. But idk, there is just something I like more about Asuna.
Nov 28, 2012 6:17 PM

Sep 2012
GoldenBRS said:
Noinochi said:
Ragix said:
Paul said:

Suguha>Asuna

Kerito is a fool for not going to her room while she's playing and doing her :creepygusta:
Nov 28, 2012 6:23 PM
Jul 2012
Noinochi said:
Ragix said:
Paul said:

hentai voice: 'my boobs are moving on their own!'
Nov 28, 2012 6:35 PM

Jun 2012
Because she's a shitty love interest.

Also,

Nov 28, 2012 6:40 PM

Apr 2012
Because she was introduced to the audience as a strong, capable, independent female but she turned out to be the exact opposite. On top of that, she is frequently used as a fap fodder.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 28, 2012 6:42 PM

Nov 2011
aozoai said:
DevilDestiny said:
Kerito is a fool for not going to her room while she's playing and doing her :creepygusta:

LOL.

Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 28, 2012 7:00 PM

Feb 2010
Ragix said:
Paul said:

all i see is useless meat :P
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 28, 2012 8:15 PM

Jun 2009
SchmidytheMini said:
I have only watched through episode 18 so far but I've pretty much kept up with people's comments about this show since I love it so much. I notice alot of people who don't really seem to like Asuna very much and like Suguha much more. Honestly, I don't see why. I really don't want this show to turn into a brother-sister love story. Asuna is a great female lead in my opinion and is much more enjoyable to the story than Suguha. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I would like to hear from both sides of this.

I think marrying your cousin is legal in Japan.

Not sure if this have change, but for Chinese, it's okay "if" your cousin's father is not blood related to your father.

something like this.

Grandpa ===> Dad ===> Dad's Brother(uncle, main branch) ===> Cousin = No
Grandpa ===> Dad ===> Dad's sister (Aunt, main branch) ===> Cousin = Okay
Grandpa ===> Mom ======> Any daugher of mom's sibling's = Okay

In short, you just can't marry cousins with the same last name.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2012 8:23 PM

Nov 2007
Wait! Isn't it because she just couldn't become a Gundam Meister?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 28, 2012 8:34 PM

Feb 2010
shanimebib said:
you mean gundam pilot RIGHT?!
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 28, 2012 8:35 PM

Apr 2012
hazerddex said:
shanimebib said:

Because women can't drive.

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 28, 2012 8:41 PM

Oct 2012
BloodRequiem said:
hazerddex said:
shanimebib said:

Because women can't drive.

What guys pay for car insurance > what woman pay for

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 29, 2012 1:32 AM

Apr 2012
Soooo I'm getting the feeling no one is an Asuna fan really lol
Nov 29, 2012 2:37 AM

Jun 2009

The question should be...

Why are you(SchmidytheMini) an Asuna fan?

I'm very intrigue, as I don't see a single appeal in Asuna, both her design and character don't do it for me, oh yeah... She cooks, that's a plus... (Asuna is as appealing as an average female chef and that's it for me)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2012 2:44 AM

Jun 2012
AirStyles said:

I'm very intrigue, as I don't see a single appeal in Asuna, both her design and character don't do it for me, oh yeah... She cooks, that's a plus... (Asuna is as appealing as an average female chef and that's it for me)

The LN and the Anime says, that she is rich, really rich.... and beautiful. I think that are 2 BIG reaosons, which can be counted.

PS: Why does the quotation fail?
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Nov 29, 2012 3:27 AM
Apr 2011
Personally I like much more the LN Asuna.

The big problem is like paul said, she goes from hero to zero.

She was Asuna the Flash, the Berseeker, etc.

Then she becomes the poor prisioner girl in the tower waiting for her "prince" to rescue her... come on, if kiritos stats were transfered from SAO, Asuna stats should also be, she could have kicked the ass out of those fucking slugs.

I think that LN Asuna still has some resemblance with what she used to be inside SAO.

But maybe if the animate Mother Rosario they could redeem her :D
Nov 29, 2012 3:33 AM

Feb 2012
I like asuna so don't count me in lol...
Nov 29, 2012 3:57 AM

Jun 2009
Kyube said:
AirStyles said:

The LN and the Anime says, that she is rich, really rich.... and beautiful. I think that are 2 BIG reaosons, which can be counted.

So you guys like her because she's rich and beautiful?

You guys are big fans of Sawachika Eri, Chitanda Eru and the likes too?
Nov 29, 2012 4:24 AM

Aug 2009
@Leojp

" if kiritos stats were transfered from SAO, Asuna stats should also be, she could have kicked the ass out of those fucking slugs."
Asuna isnt a real player in ALO so she hasnt got ANY stats.Sugou's fault not hers.She is more like an object within the game than a player(inb4 being sexist)

"But maybe if the animate Mother Rosario they could redeem her"

Not a chance.That failed even in the LN because Kawahara added Konno Yuuki as a second MC next to Asuna.Sure she gets some development but she is entirely overshadowed by motherfucking Zekken(Konno Yuuki).

btw I dont hate Asuna.It's just that I prefer every other girl(just like with Saber in fate/)
Even Kayaba's assistant,Koujiro Rinko is more interesting for me.
ssjokgNov 29, 2012 4:49 AM
Nov 29, 2012 4:35 AM

Jun 2012
AirStyles said:
Kyube said:

I never said I liked Asuna, i only said, that being rich is a good point.
And you shouldn't compare me to the guys, who really liked Asuna and I am pretty sure, they don't like her for the big money.
But if I had to guess, they would simply like her because she is the main character and so precious to Kirito and that means, that she has to be imba, something like that.
But in general: Don't dare to attack Chitanda Eru! I really liked that character, her scary eyes and the whole anime. Well, you can write anything SAO you like I don't care, but I will protect all animes, I like, for example Hyouka! But I think that is clear.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Nov 29, 2012 4:52 AM

Sep 2010
Ragix said:
Paul said:

*PUKE* seriously......

Asuna has much more class and isn't a fanservice slut like Suguha so I like her a lot more. I'm starting actually to hate Suguha because she's retarded enough to make a character who reveals her boobs like that and people hyping her here because of her boobs is making me sick.
Nov 29, 2012 5:00 AM

Aug 2009
" I'm starting to hate Suguha because she's retarded enough to make a character who reveals her boobs like that "
Someone that gets undressed inside his/her room is retarded? -_-

"and people hyping her here because of her boobs is making me sick."
Men are men.Deal with it.

And Asuna is more dirty minded than Sugu so....
Nov 29, 2012 5:08 AM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
" I'm starting to hate Suguha because she's retarded enough to make a character who reveals her boobs like that "

I said she made a CHARACTER and witht that I meant her ALO char.

ssjokg said:

Thats why I hate most of men.

ssjokg said:

I haven't seen that so it doesn't bother me.
Nov 29, 2012 5:13 AM

Aug 2009
Ninius said:
ssjokg said:

ssjokg said:

ssjokg said:

BBCode is being bitch....

Have you played ANY MMO?Because EVERY female has her breasts in full view for the males to see.And Lyfa=/=Suguha as far as real life issues are concerned.

....And lesbians.Just saying...

Go back to the SAO arc after Kirito was rescued by Asuna.
ssjokgNov 29, 2012 5:22 AM
Nov 29, 2012 5:19 AM

Jun 2009
Kyube said:
AirStyles said:

I never said I liked Asuna, i only said, that being rich is a good point.
And you shouldn't compare me to the guys, who really liked Asuna and I am pretty sure, they don't like her for the big money.
But if I had to guess, they would simply like her because she is the main character and so precious to Kirito and that means, that she has to be imba, something like that.
But in general: Don't dare to attack Chitanda Eru! I really liked that character, her scary eyes and the whole anime. Well, you can write anything SAO you like I don't care, but I will protect all animes, I like, for example Hyouka! But I think that is clear.

You go to Hyouka Forum...

And find 1 post of mine that made fun of Hyouka, then we'll talk!!

Hyouka, in my opinion, is still the best show 2012 has to offer so far. And btw, FYI

I do like both Chitanda Eru and Sawachika Eri. I'm naming the rich and beautiful girls, NOT "RICH, BEAUTIFUL, AND SHITTY"

get it right.

EDIT: God dammit, when are they ganna fix those BBC codes!
Nov 29, 2012 5:22 AM
Jul 2012
Eri <3
Nov 29, 2012 5:24 AM

Aug 2009
Nov 29, 2012 5:27 AM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
Ninius said:

BBCode is being bitch....

Have you played ANY MMO?Because EVERY female has her breasts in full view for the males to see.And Lyfa=/=Suguha as far as real life issues are concerned.

....And lesbians.Just saying...

Go back to the SAO arc after Kirito was rescued by Asuna.

Yes, I have played WoW and Guild Wars 2. Yes, WoW has that issue but not that bad as ALO. What comes to GW2... Well they've managed to make a game where you can create a char that has small boobs (and not showing anywhere) and there are 2 races completely without boobs(!) . That game isn't sexist at all and I love that side of the game very much.

Ps. I'm not lesbian, just so sick and tired of men treating women as sex objects.
Nov 29, 2012 5:27 AM

Jun 2009
JavierR said:
Eri <3

ssjokg said:
Sawachika Eri.
Best Rich and Beautiful girl ever.

I concur!

EDIT: Still waiting for the BBC fix.
Nov 29, 2012 5:29 AM

Aug 2009
Ninius said:

That game isn't sexist at all and I love that side of the game very much.

Ps. I'm not lesbian, just so sick and tired of men treating women as sex objects.

Games being sexist for showing boobs...

I am sorry that I dont treat Suguha or any other 2D girl as real girls.
Nov 29, 2012 9:04 AM

Jan 2010
ssjokg said:
Ninius said:

That game isn't sexist at all and I love that side of the game very much.

Damnit, you should learn better next time. Anime 2D Girls = Real Life 3D girls. Get it straight!
Nov 29, 2012 9:11 AM

Aug 2009
Teldara said:
ssjokg said:

Damnit, you should learn better next time. Anime 2D Girls = Real Life 3D girls. Get it straight!

Lately MAL has made me incapable to recognize sarcasm so I hope you are joking...
Nov 29, 2012 9:20 AM
Oct 2012
SchmidytheMini said:

This is the reason why most romantic novels end at the wedding. One, it's because the relationship generally becomes boring (Tolstoy's famous opening line from Anna Karenina: "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"). Two, because people don't want them to have sex (Milan Kundera makes a great observation about this in "Immortality"). And three, there is a great deal of projection that goes on when people read or watch a show (Asuna is obviously taken, so outside of NTR fantasies, she doesn't appeal like the fresh Suguha does).

I know this sounds like so much pyscho-babble, but it does allow you to predict the behavior of most people fairly well. Try it out sometime.
Nov 29, 2012 9:29 AM

Aug 2009
I dont really care about Asuna being with Kirito.
The problem is that Asuna doesnt change that much through the course of the story.Being lovey-dovey with Kirito wasnt that much of a change.

Her best character development is in Aria(which was skipped in the anime and isnt included in the published original SAO),Mother Rosario, and that part in Alicization.

But still, I cant like her as much as the others.Even though Silica and Liz had even less char development....
Nov 29, 2012 9:36 AM

Feb 2009
"Her best character development is in Aria(which was skipped in the anime and isnt included in the published original SAO),Mother Rosario, and that part in Alicization."

Aria was published separately just this year in Dengeki. It has a cover page plus two illustrations from abec(the illustrator of SAO).
And it's included in Progressive.
Nov 29, 2012 9:42 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
"Her best character development is in Aria(which was skipped in the anime and isnt included in the published original SAO),Mother Rosario, and that part in Alicization."

Aria was published separately just this year in Dengeki. It has a cover page plus two illustrations from abec(the illustrator of SAO).
And it's included in Progressive.

It wasnt part of the first original SAO novel series.thats why I dont include it
Nov 29, 2012 11:58 AM
Feb 2012
Because the fujioshis tell you who to like and who to not like and they seem to be succeeding with the collective Asuna hatred.
Nov 29, 2012 9:09 PM

Apr 2012
Getting a couple of people for Asuna now haha. The person who was talking about MMO games with big boobs though....it really doesn't matter -__- Big or small, just do it!
Nov 29, 2012 10:21 PM

Aug 2008
Asuna really isn't so bad...but there's just so little to her character that there's just not much to appreciate about her.

Kirito's the one who sucks...get it straight (more so in the LN tho).
Nov 29, 2012 10:26 PM

Apr 2012
In general, I wouldn't mind if all the females just disappeared from the story as a whole. They're kinda pointless... actually Kirito is pretty annoying as well.

.___. I just realized that I hate most of the characters in SAO.
Nov 30, 2012 5:19 AM

Jun 2009
Clouded-Flame said:
In general, I wouldn't mind if all the females just disappeared from the story as a whole. They're kinda pointless... actually Kirito is pretty annoying as well.

.___. I just realized that I hate most of the characters in SAO.

hate is a strong word buddy.

As little as I cared for the characters in there, I still wouldn't go as far as claiming I hated them.
Nov 30, 2012 6:39 AM

Sep 2009
I don't hate Asuna at all. I think she is actually strong. The only arc where she is helpless is this ALO one and that is no fault of her own. She is a core character of SAO, so if you don't like her at all maybe it would be better if you don't watch the other seasons lol.

Nov 30, 2012 6:50 AM

Feb 2009
I thought more peopled liked Asuna more. like 2000 people added Asuna to their favourite characters list and about 200 for Suguha.
Nov 30, 2012 7:04 AM

Jun 2009
aiJenni said:
I thought more peopled liked Asuna more. like 2000 people added Asuna to their favourite characters list and about 200 for Suguha.

Big mystery isn't it?

What do those people see in her?
Nov 30, 2012 7:08 AM
Jul 2012
AirStyles said:
aiJenni said:

Big mystery isn't it?

What do those people see in her?

A strong heroine that doesnt take no shit
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2012

705 by amf85 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2012

686 by amf85 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

745 by amf85 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.