Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 28, 2012 3:33 PM

Nov 2010
Last few months i saw a lot of topics and quotes and also reviews that say kuroko no baske is on par with this lovely all time favorite anime called slam dunk.

Personally i am sick and tired of this new generation of otakus with no taste in anime whatsoever. i just need some old school guys to back me up so that i don't feel alone in this new world. I need appreciation for slam dunk also i need some people to bad mouth kuroko no baske.

i mean really people? kuroko no baske? u serious?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2012 3:44 PM
Oct 2011
Kuroko is just an excuse for putting bishies and generic battle-shonen in a basketball manga/anime. I actually really enjoyed reading KnB, the author's writing is really good, in everything except basketball.

I've also seen all those SD vs KnB threads, and most of the answers you'll see are "I haven't watched SD so I'll vote for KnB" or "I couldn't get into SD because of the old style anime", but I guess they kinda have right in what they're saying, not everyone likes watching old-school anime, that's why reading the manga is better.

Another thing, KnB will never make me marathon 5 volumes in 1 hour, that's how amazing SD was.
Candor123Jan 28, 2013 5:39 PM
Nov 28, 2012 3:45 PM

Nov 2008
Slamdunk is classic but new generation kids prefer better art nowadays.

But hey, did you watch kuroko no baske?

I would say both animes still fulfill the entertainment for basketball fans out there regardless of the date it was aired. At least its better than the Dear Boys crap. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 28, 2012 3:58 PM
Oct 2011
DenjaX said:
I would say both animes still fulfill the entertainment for basketball fans out there regardless of the date it was aired. At least its better than the Dear Boys crap. xDD
I think it fulfilled entertainment for everyone except basketball fans. I mean seriously, why would a basketball fan enjoy an anime where a character shoots a full-court 3-point with 100% accuracy? Or a guy who can counter that 100% accuracy 3-point shot with jumping as if he's jumping on a trampoline? Or a fast player who shoots with his eyes in his ass also with 100% accuracy? And a copy-cat who can master that 100% accuracy ballet shot with also the same power? Not to mention the guy who can fucking steal the ability with also a 100% accuracy and the same power. There are lots of examples to mention, but I don't think basketball fans, well most of them, can enjoy KnB.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed KnB, but those things really irritate me to some points (I'm not a basketball fan), but I guess I was holding my expectations really high, I was expecting another SD, but I guess I was wrong, but still I'm really enjoying KnB (except the current game..)
Nov 28, 2012 4:06 PM

Nov 2010
DenjaX said:
Slamdunk is classic but new generation kids prefer better art nowadays.

But hey, did you watch kuroko no baske?

yeah i did watch it but then again, it was just mediocre. i mean besides being an otaku im also an avid basketball fanatic so when a japanese kid does a trick shot with no possible way to go in it gets on my nerves or the same thing with a full court three pointer. i know realistic values dont hold on animes that much but as far as realism goes i think hanamichi sakuragi doing a blake griffin-esque dunk is way more fun to watch because the fact remains.

if the opponent is tricky in a sports anime you do something trickier and win or lose. and it goes on an on. so when i see a full court shot that goes in all the time something goes wrong in my mind because well, it is the ultimate move you cant beat it with logic or another move.

so i like watching anime characters playing like nba players cuz there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but when that high school characters play better than the nba players it just makes me feel sad and broken. i mean there is a character that can pass the ball better than steve nash but cant make a shot i mean wtf?

it was an ok wtch at the end but the score of that anime really pissed me off.

manga was ok for a while but it didnt hold up like SD in the end.
Nov 28, 2012 5:30 PM

Nov 2010
Yes people can compare them since they are both sports anime with the same focus of Basketball, regardless of their quality.

As anime I personally like Kuroko no Basket like twice as much as Slam Dunk. Slam Dunk just got on my nerve all the time with Sakuragi always showing promise of becoming a great player and then slamming his head on the backboard, I don't remember his relationship ever going well, there was too much drama, and they lost too much. I'm sure the manga is better than the anime but in terms of anime I like Kuroko no Basket more as it didn't piss me off and was pretty interesting.
Dec 16, 2012 8:30 AM

Dec 2007
I like both series, honest. But Slam Dunk is better in a lot of ways. It's more realistic. Sakuragi is admirable whereas Kuroko is adorable. And Slam Dunk has natural humor.

As for the art, I can't say one is better than the other since each has it's good points (KnB has clean, striking colors; SD realistic). But considering this is a shounen manga, SD's art works better, is more effective.
Dec 16, 2012 8:42 AM

Sep 2012
I like Kuroko, but if you're a sport fan like me, then the answer is obviously Slam Dunk. The number of bullshit in Kuroko is just too damn high.
Jan 13, 2013 8:44 AM
Jan 2013
You would have to be ridiculous to think Kuroko's Basketball even COMPARES to the brilliance that is Slam Dunk!

Slam Dunk is BEYOND BRILLIANT. Kuroko's Basketball is a complete joke! Yes, I like Kuroko's Basketball but at the same time I know it's a ridiculous anime with that generation foolishness.

Slam Dunk is HILARIOUS, will make you cry, REALISM, and much more! Not only that but Slam Dunk moved a NATION irl which was Japan to LOVE Basketball and still until this day continue to be HUGE for what the series was and continues to be. It has even gotten RAVE reviews here in the United States of America for the brilliant manga/anime movement to make Basketball huge in Japan. CNN even recently back at the end of November 2012 interviewed the creator just to see what he had been up too LOL. Where he talked about his new series vagabond/ the success/movement of Slam Dunk (Slam Dunk has sold 119+million copies as of this day).

If you have seen Kuroko's Basketball but NOT Slam Dunk...you seriously need to watch Slam Dunk! You will laugh every episode, cry sometimes, realize how the story could really happen, and soooo many feels. One of many differences between Slam Dunk and Kuroko's Basketball is that Slam Dunk ACTUALLY has GREAT character development/story for every character...where as in Kuroko's Basketball you see constant basketball games with NO back story of characters that leave you wondering (Where did he come from, what do they do outside of school, really another game already, or why can't we see his or her daily lives?!) Slam Dunk is VERY realistic with the story because it shows what the students do during school, outside of school, at home, and much more. The anime even brilliantly shows what characters on other teams are doing at their schools. The main character Sakuragi Hanamichi joins the basketball team for a hilarious reason but the story that follows with him is extraordinary. I promise that you will NOT be disappointed if you watch/read Slam Dunk. It's truly a legendary anime!
Snowballx350Jan 13, 2013 8:49 AM
Jan 13, 2013 9:04 AM

Aug 2012
Slam Dunk is a masterpiece. Kuroko no Basuke is pretty good, looks really cool with all those 'special atks' and all; but as someone who likes basketball i must say that Slam Dunk is better.
Jan 18, 2013 9:07 PM

Apr 2012
Slam dunk, nuff said
Jan 26, 2013 6:52 AM
Oct 2012
I like them both, but I actually prefer Slam dunk =)
Jan 26, 2013 6:59 AM
Dec 2012
im not saying kuroko no basket is bad...but i think slam dunk is far better
hey you..that middle finger is looking at you
Feb 1, 2013 11:33 AM

Jul 2012
Candor said:
DenjaX said:
I think it fulfilled entertainment for everyone except basketball fans. I mean seriously, why would a basketball fan enjoy an anime where a character shoots a full-court 3-point with 100% accuracy? Or a guy who can counter that 100% accuracy 3-point shot with jumping as if he's jumping on a trampoline? Or a fast player who shoots with his eyes in his ass also with 100% accuracy? And a copy-cat who can master that 100% accuracy ballet shot with also the same power? Not to mention the guy who can fucking steal the ability with also a 100% accuracy and the same power. There are lots of examples to mention, but I don't think basketball fans, well most of them, can enjoy KnB.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed KnB, but those things really irritate me to some points (I'm not a basketball fan), but I guess I was holding my expectations really high, I was expecting another SD, but I guess I was wrong, but still I'm really enjoying KnB (except the current game..)

Thanks Candor for this ....always saying the right things
Anyways as a basketball player I can tell you .....if someone watches KnB for realistic basketball ...LOL
KnB has a good interesting story for a shounen sport series and most like it for the animation and art and its the most recent basketball anime and that's pretty much why I like it
Not to mention basketball anime are few , if there was another basketball anime that were to come out now and be more realistic and show better movement with players and better crossover animation THAT would be what I would watch something that looks like an actual basketball game.
I settle for KnB because that's the best were gonna get and nothing annoys me more than their stupid power ESPECIALLY the copy cat power ....as someone who practices daily this is the most upsetting thing out of all the powers ....funny thing is all the powers are skill sets that great players have in real basketball it's just that in Kuroko those skill are taken from just being a skill to superpowers . So I think because basketball anime is scarce people choose KnB it's the best recent basketball THEMED anime you can get however KnB does a good job showing team ethic which is about it
Feb 9, 2013 10:37 AM
May 2012
As usual, people cannot have a decent discussion without bad mouthing everything they can...

Slam Dunk is for people who prefer sports manga.
Kuroko no Basket is for people who prefer Shonen manga.

Compare them all you want, in the end it will be your opinion speaking so don't complain about what others think.

If you think Kuroko no Basket is bad because the moves are unrealistic, you're stupid.
If you think Slam Dunk is bad because there are no super special moves, you're stupid.

And please, stop complaining about today's tastes... seriously, you look like a bunch of old geezers... It is normal for people to prefer new things over some of the old ones, if that didn't happen we would still be trying to make fire with sticks and stones...

Slam Dunk is over, it was incredible and epic, now make way for Kuroko no Basket, it's his turn, so behave like normal people for once and zip it.
KolchaoFeb 9, 2013 10:50 AM
Feb 11, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2011
I do okay with that comparison, but Slam Dunk will always win IMO, esp. in some aspects :
Character
Character development
Story pacing
Gags

Other than those points, it will be depends on the reader/watcher POV

But it would be a better comparison if someone compare Kuroko no Basuke and Eyeshield 21
Feb 11, 2013 2:38 PM

Nov 2010
tensaigandy said:
I do okay with that comparison, but Slam Dunk will always win IMO, esp. in some aspects :
Character
Character development
Story pacing
Gags

Other than those points, it will be depends on the reader/watcher POV

But it would be a better comparison if someone compare Kuroko no Basuke and Eyeshield 21
Actually KnB is not over yet, so those might be expanded on more in the next season or so.

While those may have closer a atmosphere in terms of sports stories, they are two different sports.
Feb 15, 2013 8:08 AM
May 2012
I don't see why you'd compare them, other than the fact that they are basketball sports anime.

They are completely different, and they're made in 2 different generations.
Apr 6, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2013
I like them both,

kuroko n' Slam dunk make you want to play basketball.

kuroko 9/10 Slam dunk(less exaggeration) 9.5/10
Apr 13, 2013 12:50 PM

Apr 2011
deniz1 said:
Last few months i saw a lot of topics and quotes and also reviews that say kuroko no baske is on par with this lovely all time favorite anime called slam dunk.

Personally i am sick and tired of this new generation of otakus with no taste in anime whatsoever. i just need some old school guys to back me up so that i don't feel alone in this new world. I need appreciation for slam dunk also i need some people to bad mouth kuroko no baske.

i mean really people? kuroko no baske? u serious?

Every anime viewers have different opinions on each anime so please respect their opinions...and
Even though you're a big fan of Slam Dunk you don't have the rights to mock Kuroko no Basket and even calling people to bad mouth on it, only a non-educated person can come up with that kind of idea even though you're frustrated about its popularity. You can share your thoughts in a nicer way though.

Actually, you don't have to seek appreciation for Slam Dunk anymore, there are many viewers out there that love/like that show especially in my country.

For your information, Kuroko no Basket's mangaka/author is not that familiar with basketball rules when he started the manga so that's why the characters have impossible skills. One more thing, Kuroko no basket is an ANIME and anime is not meant to be realistic because it's fictional so don't compare it with real-life basketball.

Anyway, it's inevitable for the viewers to compare it because they're both about basketball but it doesn't change the fact that they're both different in many angles.

P.S.
"I am a huge fan of both Kuroko no Basket & Slam Dunk"
mshitsugaya10Apr 13, 2013 1:05 PM

Apr 13, 2013 12:55 PM

Jun 2007
I love me some basugay and I've been into anime for a long time.

However, I don't feel you can really compare the shows because - while both having the same sport as a focus - they are entirely different STYLES of storytelling. Kuroko no Basuke is a battle shounen thrown onto a basketball court, and this actually works really well for it and plays to the author's strengths. He's admitted not knowing all that much about basketball before it even got animated, albeit he did say he's taking learning it very seriously (which shows given the series did start getting a little more realistic about some of the rules and things), while also keeping the series as what it is - a battle shonen with a unique setting for it.

Slam Dunk is more like a sports shonen, which actually puts it into an entirely different genre.

If you're too dumb to recognize the difference of a battle shounen and sports shounen - just because they happen to have the same setting - that's nobody's fault but your own.
Apr 17, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2013
Candor said:
Another thing, KnB will never make me marathon 5 volumes in 1 hour, that's how amazing SD was.

I definitely agree with this, haha. When I started reading SD, I was really into it. It makes me not want to stop, so I'm going with SD than with KnB.

I can't really say the things that makes SD more epic, but in my own opinion, maybe I just like to see how the protagonist struggles in getting better. Because in KnB, Kuroko is already one of the best.

Another thing I don't like about KnB is it's unrealistic feel. May as well turn it into a card game. It's like, "Go, Kuroko, use Misdirection", haha.

Well, this is just my opinion though. It still depends on the reader.
Apr 18, 2013 5:54 AM
Apr 2013
I was so relieved to see that post when I google'd it and YES I google "Slam Dunk is better than Kuroko Basuke" word by word. I totally feel you and for those implying it's a juvenile practice to ask for people to bad mouth a popular opinion I will nicely suggest for them to GTFO. =)

His request is not only legitimate in my humble opinion but I swear after reading and hearing so much about this supposedly amazing/great new sport manga, someone like me - both a basketball and manga enthusiast - was greatly disappointed.

I won't be shy around the subject and imply I like/enjoy both works because to me KnB was ridiculous. I admit I was harsher on it because this is a sport I played competitively and Slam Dunk changed my world but it just felt like another Eyeshield 21 or Prince of Tennis to me except the characters are less memorable (I didn't even bother learning any names through my 100 chapters try of the manga). Feels like it's all about bishies. But I don't watch anime anymore, this is strictly from the manga, maybe it's one of those weird case where anime IS better.

Anyway, I won't bad mouth since some people seem to be sensitive and really I don't have anything BAD to say about it because it just didn't reach me at all. It's sport THEMED (like someone mentioned). Anyway, overrated protagonists (both irl and in the manga) and super unrealistic moves apart, it broke my heart when I realized people can't recognize art. Slam Dunk is so much more than an adrenaline rush. So that's why I google and found this life-saving post. Thank you ! This feels like some support group honestly, my sanity is saved. Actually just made an account to tell you that =)
michelicious11Apr 18, 2013 6:00 AM
Apr 18, 2013 6:13 AM

Mar 2013
Slam Dunk is all in the past. Today, Is all about KnB. SD had its time to shine. Now is KnB turn. Stop hating.
Apr 18, 2013 6:20 AM

May 2012
Harutora said:
Slam Dunk is all in the past. Today, Is all about KnB. SD had its time to shine. Now is KnB turn. Stop hating.

You're like comparing the :hack// series with SAO. ''hack// series is all in the past, it had its time to shine. Now its SAO turn. Stop hating ''

Quality will always be quality , it doesn't matter which timezone it is.

KNB turn to shine ? Just because there is no other same bkb genre to compete with ? I called that as running a race without a competitor

Thus, people compared KNB with SD , because SD is an all time favorites and its still running in people hearts

/inb4 cheesy
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 18, 2013 6:24 AM

Jun 2009
KnB is pure shit! only some simple minded fujoshi who fap to KnB every night and ppl that only care about art quality saying KnB is better

Slam dunk show you how to be hero from zero. in fact, when I was still a kid, I learned how to block, rebound, lay-up from slam dunk.
Apr 18, 2013 7:23 AM
Mar 2011
sorry in sales you cannot SD is the 2nd biggest selling manga ever
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 18, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2009
DateYutaka said:
sorry in sales you cannot SD is the 2nd biggest selling manga ever

I'm pretty sure Slam Dunk is the 4th biggest selling (Dragonball is the 2nd). What's your source on that?

Also, I'm just going to leave this here: http://theotaku2anime.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/stop-comparing-slam-dunk-and-kuroko-no-basket/
Apr 18, 2013 1:12 PM
Jul 2012
slam dunk
Apr 18, 2013 1:24 PM

Oct 2011
Stop spamming?
May 14, 2013 7:36 PM
May 2013
The only reason i would say thats bad about Slam Dunk is the fact that the anime is incomplete. I was completely disappointed, because i watch more anime than read manga. I just wished they could finish. And knb cannot even be compared to slam dunk. The only thing in common between them is basketball but thats it.
May 15, 2013 5:32 AM
Oct 2012
I'm sure Slam Dunk is a better manga, but both animations get me on my nerves.
May 15, 2013 8:29 PM

May 2012
RicoDaMann said:
The only reason i would say thats bad about Slam Dunk is the fact that the anime is incomplete. I was completely disappointed, because i watch more anime than read manga. I just wished they could finish. And knb cannot even be compared to slam dunk. The only thing in common between them is basketball but thats it.

That would be the same as Berserk, Break Blade, Chrno Crusade, Kyo Samurai Deeper, Samurai X and most manga out there.

Lots of anime didn't complete the manga or stay faithful to the original work.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
May 15, 2013 8:46 PM

Nov 2010
Tommk said:
RicoDaMann said:

That would be the same as Berserk, Break Blade, Chrno Crusade, Kyo Samurai Deeper, Samurai X and most manga out there.

And that's why I and a lot of other people rated down those series and others like them. The manga readers see it as a good adaptation of part of the manga, but anime only watchers see it as a half finished story, a big flaw. Sakuragi showed promise, but we never got to see what happened to it.
May 16, 2013 1:21 AM

Apr 2013
Really don't see the similarity.
May 16, 2013 7:05 AM

May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Tommk said:
RicoDaMann said:

And that's why I and a lot of other people rated down those series and others like them. The manga readers see it as a good adaptation of part of the manga, but anime only watchers see it as a half finished story, a big flaw. Sakuragi showed promise, but we never got to see what happened to it.

May 18, 2013 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
srsly people #_# you can't compare anything to slam dunk i watched like 60 episodes in one day i even bought cd's to watch it faster but kuroko no basuke i watched 2-3 episode/s and dropped it *_* Slam dunk is legend dude by the way i gave kuroko 2nd chance because i dropped the series after finishing episode 1 then dropped it again after watchng episode 2 or 3 i don't even remember

BY THE WAY i respect kuroko no basuke fan base and everything but it's just my opinion so also please respect my opinion & thanks for understanding
removed-userMay 18, 2013 4:00 AM
May 18, 2013 4:44 AM
Oct 2012
I've been watching Slam Dunk this past few days, and if I can line out a basic difference that'd be that Kuroko turns basketball into some sort of shounen battlefield (special powers, hellish awesome skills), while Slam Dunk is way much realistic. I can perfectly enjoy both, but if I had to choose, I'd choose Slam Dunk.
May 24, 2013 5:25 PM

Oct 2011
Slam Dunk has transcended Anime. KnB did not.
May 24, 2013 5:35 PM

Nov 2010
ZaWaldo said:
How has it transcended anime? By having an unfinished one?
May 24, 2013 5:46 PM

Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
ZaWaldo said:

It helped increase the popularity of Basketball in a lot of countries (I know it did in my country) and was a quite the worldwide phenomenon at the time.
May 24, 2013 5:52 PM

Nov 2010
ZaWaldo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ZaWaldo said:

It helped increase the popularity of Basketball in a lot of countries (I know it did in my country) and was a quite the worldwide phenomenon at the time.
How much? And KnB is a new anime and story, so you can't say it did not, you can say it hasn't yet. And that has nothing to do with the quality of an anime.
May 24, 2013 6:31 PM

Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
ZaWaldo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ZaWaldo said:

How much? And KnB is a new anime and story, so you can't say it did not, you can say it hasn't yet. And that has nothing to do with the quality of an anime.

Well I can't give you actual statistics about this :p BUT I can say that everyone in my school started playing basketball because of it, even made me join a basketball club and was hearing similar stories from SD fans from other countries. It's a given that when reading about Takehiko Inoue (or the SD legacy), inspiring a whole generation of Japanese youth to playing this sport is always cited among his achievements.
Well, it wouldn't have had that much of an impact and such positive reception if it wasn't a quality product wouldn't it? It's definitely more revered than KnB and I only mentioned this because I don't want to delve deep into comparing both of their plot/pacing/characters since as another poster mentioned before they're really too different to compare and aim for a completely different audience for me to compare them head to head.
May 24, 2013 7:17 PM

Nov 2010
ZaWaldo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ZaWaldo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ZaWaldo said:

Well I can't give you actual statistics about this :p BUT I can say that everyone in my school started playing basketball because of it, even made me join a basketball club and was hearing similar stories from SD fans from other countries. It's a given that when reading about Takehiko Inoue (or the SD legacy), inspiring a whole generation of Japanese youth to playing this sport is always cited among his achievements.
Well, it wouldn't have had that much of an impact and such positive reception if it wasn't a quality product wouldn't it? It's definitely more revered than KnB and I only mentioned this because I don't want to delve deep into comparing both of their plot/pacing/characters since as another poster mentioned before they're really too different to compare and aim for a completely different audience for me to compare them head to head.
To a point, but that doesn't mean it's better than an anime that hasn't done that. More revered because of the type of story and possibly because KnB has been out for way less time, big popularity takes time, same with big popularity in other countries. So instead of talking about their plot, pacing, characters, etc, you went for something not completely related to the quality of the anime and something that the other anime can't match up against because it's not old enough and isn't popular yet so it hasn't been brought to many countries?
May 25, 2013 11:28 PM
Jun 2009
I loved SD, so naturally I was excited when I heard about Kuroko. Needless to say, I was completely let down. They are polar opposites in every way if you disregard the basketball part.

Slam dunk had that intense rivalry/bromance combo, classic die-hard main character, actual tactics and strategies, and a diverse cast of characters.

KnB had superpowers.
May 25, 2013 11:30 PM

Jun 2011
The reason I don't really like Slam Dunk was because I am not here to see how Hanamichi starting basketball from the scratch. It was boring and slow, real slow.. I think I will get back to it now and skip those unnecessary parts.. If I really like the characters, I might consider going back to watch those I've missed. KnB was more.. unrealistic.. but it was cool

ZaWaldo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ZaWaldo said:

Not only Slam Dunk, most of the good old anime did, like Major (not that old), or some other that I can't name lol, maybe Hajime no Ippo?

Zealot said:
I loved SD, so naturally I was excited when I heard about Kuroko. Needless to say, I was completely let down. They are polar opposites in every way if you disregard the basketball part.

Slam dunk had that intense rivalry/bromance combo, classic die-hard main character, actual tactics and strategies, and a diverse cast of characters.

KnB had superpowers.

Implying that KnB has no intense rivalry/bromance combo, die-hard main character, and to a lesser extend, actual tactics and strategies?
ToG25thBaamMay 25, 2013 11:35 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 25, 2013 11:33 PM

Nov 2010
Natsu12345 said:
The reason I don't really like Slam Dunk was because I am not here to see how Hanamichi starting basketball from the scratch. It was boring and slow, real slow.. I think I will get back to it now and skip those unnecessary parts.. If I really like the characters, I might consider going back to watch those I've missed. KnB was more.. unrealistic.. but it was cool
Well too bad, he stays like that for basically the whole anime. It's not a complete adaptation.
May 25, 2013 11:37 PM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Natsu12345 said:
Well too bad, he stays like that for basically the whole anime. It's not a complete adaptation.

Uhm, is it a good choice to skip through the boring parts and get to the matches, only to come back if the characters are appealing?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 25, 2013 11:46 PM

Nov 2010
Natsu12345 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Natsu12345 said:

Uhm, is it a good choice to skip through the boring parts and get to the matches, only to come back if the characters are appealing?
Yeah that might be fine, but there is some conflict resolution that brings in a new player that is kind of important(I believe in the middle). You might want to check to make sure with someone who's watched it recently.
May 27, 2013 12:09 AM
May 2013
Slamdunk all day. I guess being a basketball fan helps?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 95 Discussion

ember-moon - Jul 12, 2013

6 by bucciest »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Mar 24, 2008

78 by Ricky16 »»
Mar 25, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 27 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jun 8, 2010

25 by Koumazoku »»
Feb 17, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 79 Discussion

Jawaese - Aug 10, 2011

9 by kensherman902 »»
Jan 20, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Slam Dunk Episode 41 Discussion

Jawaese - Jul 31, 2011

14 by kudzuken »»
Jan 1, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.