Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Shiina vs Aoyama
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Oct 18, 2015 8:13 PM
Aug 2015
Definetly Aoyama. Shiina is by no means a bad character, but she is kind of a lifeless sponge at times lacking any common sense. Aoyama is working hard and is not some natural genius which is the kind of character I like. She is more relatable to me and Sorata too I'm sure.
May 23, 2016 2:36 AM
May 2016
I like mashiro 😍
Jun 16, 2016 8:35 AM
Jun 2016
i like aoyama much much better heck if i have to choose between mashiro and aoyama i would choose aoyama without a hitch, i watched the anime till episode 16 and decided to watch the final instead bcause i couldnt bear to see aoyama being rejected in the following episode. shes so independent can take care of herself, hardworking, cute, too bad shes not real.
Jul 14, 2016 10:05 AM
Jul 2016
Well, I picked Nanami because she's hard working and dedicated. The thing that could've pushed her to possibly gain better reception with the audience is if she had actually confessed instead of a half-assed, "Oh, I'm not going to reveal my true feelings to you because I can't" excuse of a confession
Sep 6, 2016 4:04 PM
Sep 2016
Beric said:
This series is SO much like Toradora! The girl who just needs a friend becomes the love interest, while the mature girl (Aoyama) who is clearly superior loses out.

Aoyama is so much cuter, and a more interesting person to boot. And yes, I was rooting for Ami in Toradora.

God, this is so true! Ami despite her rough start changes into a fantastic person who actually understands everyone's feelings. Taiga and Shiino almost get a "sympathy" win which I think is a little sad.

I personally think Nanami blows Mashiro out of the water. You can love Mashiro like you do a pet dog(*cat*) or a daughter, but romantically she really does nothing for me. I couldn't even imagine trying to have a semi-sane romantic relationship with her. I would love her to death as a cute little friend that I would take care of, but I wouldn't love her romantically.

Nanami on the other hand is basically perfect. If she were a real life character that was that kind and had that much lively ambition, (and was drop dead gorgeous) I would move mountains to be with her. I've watched a lot of anime, and I can hardly think of a more perfect waifu. She is so real. Her emotions and struggle really connected with me the viewer. Sure I am mad at her for chickening out of her confession, but I am using that ending of this show to believe that the romance is open ended and Nanami wins in the end. Konda and Nanami can adopt Mashiro as their little daughter or something, as she clearly is a art savant and unappealing romantically.
Sep 6, 2016 4:07 PM

Mar 2016
Shiina is one of the worst girls I've come across in anime.

Clearly Nanami was superior.
Sep 6, 2016 10:17 PM

May 2010
deeplight said:
Beric said:
This series is SO much like Toradora! The girl who just needs a friend becomes the love interest, while the mature girl (Aoyama) who is clearly superior loses out.

Aoyama is so much cuter, and a more interesting person to boot. And yes, I was rooting for Ami in Toradora.

God, this is so true! Ami despite her rough start changes into a fantastic person who actually understands everyone's feelings. Taiga and Shiino almost get a "sympathy" win which I think is a little sad.

I personally think Nanami blows Mashiro out of the water. You can love Mashiro like you do a pet dog(*cat*) or a daughter, but romantically she really does nothing for me. I couldn't even imagine trying to have a semi-sane romantic relationship with her. I would love her to death as a cute little friend that I would take care of, but I wouldn't love her romantically.

Nanami on the other hand is basically perfect. If she were a real life character that was that kind and had that much lively ambition, (and was drop dead gorgeous) I would move mountains to be with her. I've watched a lot of anime, and I can hardly think of a more perfect waifu. She is so real. Her emotions and struggle really connected with me the viewer. Sure I am mad at her for chickening out of her confession, but I am using that ending of this show to believe that the romance is open ended and Nanami wins in the end. Konda and Nanami can adopt Mashiro as their little daughter or something, as she clearly is a art savant and unappealing romantically.

I made that post 3 years ago, but man is it nice to know I have a kindred spirit. :)
Sep 7, 2016 1:12 AM
Sep 2016
Beric said:
deeplight said:

I made that post 3 years ago, but man is it nice to know I have a kindred spirit. :)

Heh, I just finished the show and I was furious that Nanami gave up and Mashiro ends the show in the lead. I immediately went hunting for Mashiro vs Nanami discussions. Your point, though short, spoke to me and I instantly agreed with your comparison with Ami who I also thought was the Toradora best girl.

I've decided to mentally end the show with Konda holding Nanami in the rain, as they find comfort and healing in each other's arms. And then in that moment they BOTH realize they love each other as it should have been.

I don't see how so many people think Mashiro is romantic material. I would love her so much as a good and nice person, but would not be romantically attracted to her at all. Her social skills are juat so far broken.

You really can't ask for a better girl than Nanami in an anime though. So perfect. I was really hoping for a unqiue twist where the "main girl" isn't the romantic interest. I wonder if there is such a show. Akame ga kill does that I guess.
Sep 19, 2016 10:17 AM
Jan 2013
Aoyama best gurl :)
Feb 21, 2017 9:13 AM
Feb 2017
Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Aoyama is hurt a lot of times throughout the story? She made me feel and cry more!! Mashino is the obvious partner of Sorata in the end but why not go unpredictable
Feb 21, 2017 9:15 AM
Feb 2017
AngeloC said:
Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Aoyama is hurt a lot of times throughout the story? She made me feel and cry more!! Mashino is the obvious partner of Sorata in the end but why not go unpredictable

And she was not able to confess her love. 💔
Feb 21, 2017 9:20 AM

Jul 2015
This is the only anime I know that a tsundere lost lol
Shiina >>>> every tsundere in this medium
Feb 22, 2017 4:51 PM

Nov 2016
shipping side character ?? ( "side character" i know aoyama main too but im sure you got what im trying to say)

no way it only annoys you thats why shina

This is biggest problem of these love triangle animes you know result you know whos out of triangle and if you support that character it only gets annoying thats why im always supporting main b*tch :)

So far watched 16 ep
Mar 27, 2017 9:48 PM
Mar 2017
guys let me get 3 things straight
1. aoyama had crush on sorota but shiina dont even know what love is.
2. sorota treats both girls the same because shiina needs special care then why does he treat aoyama in the same way.
3. I personally recommend aoyama because I think she rejected someone else for sorota
and btw (by the way) I hate light novels I feel like dying after completing the novels and left with million questions. I like animes like this because its related to school and brings a lot of my memories back.
Apr 9, 2017 10:45 AM

Jul 2014
i love Aoyama, hardworking and realistic.
i think Shiina is overrated
May 29, 2017 2:42 AM

Oct 2013
Aoyama. Too bad
Oct 4, 2017 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
Shiina 1048 52.48%
Aoyama (your vote) 949 47.52%
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 8, 2017 11:22 PM
Jul 2018
tough call, love them both, but I'll pick Aoyama
Sep 23, 2018 9:27 PM

Aug 2017
Aoyama for sure. Better looking, better voice, better personality, more competent with practical things. She would make a better girlfriend, wife, mom. Who cares about the art.
TheDeadApostle said:
Shiina is one of the worst girls I've come across in anime.

Clearly Nanami was superior.
Agree
Mar 2, 2020 3:06 PM
Dec 2018
People like Shina for entertainment in an anime but it isn't close if you think about real life.

Are there people out there who would really choose Shina over Nanami? Shina would be a real pain in real life. I'd choose the determined, stubborn girl any day of the week. Maybe not as entertaining on a television screen but it isn't even close if they were real people.

Mar 15, 2020 8:26 PM
Oct 2019
i am going through the posts and all I see is aoyama.
Are you guys delusional?
Shiina Mashiro is for sure best girl in the show.
Apr 6, 2020 1:30 AM
May 2016
Gab5 said:
People like Shina for entertainment in an anime but it isn't close if you think about real life.

Are there people out there who would really choose Shina over Nanami? Shina would be a real pain in real life. I'd choose the determined, stubborn girl any day of the week. Maybe not as entertaining on a television screen but it isn't even close if they were real people.

Taking care of people with special needs is hard indeed. But if that's the path one's heart prefer, who are we to argue? (personal experience lol)
Apr 6, 2020 6:53 AM
Dec 2018
Cybeleon said:
Gab5 said:

Taking care of people with special needs is hard indeed. But if that's the path one's heart prefer, who are we to argue? (personal experience lol)

Yes, we are not to argue!

I read an article in the paper a couple of years ago and it made me laugh cos I could relate to it so much. It was about a show i didn't even like that much, Big Bang Theory, and it was commenting on a poll that had Sheldon as the most popular character. And, like the writer of the article, i had worked with someone who reminded me of that idiot and, after that, you just dont find his antics funny! I think Shiina is similar, people who have witnessed high maintenance characters dont prefer them to solid, hardworking characters. But she's great as an anime character.

One is privileged, has one talent, decides to waste it to do something else and can hardly dress herself, the other is less privileged, works hard at everything she does, had to go against her family and cares more about the MC, even turned a reasonable person down in the process, and people are still choosing an autistic artist who needs to be looked after? Aoyama is far better! She has a kind and likeable personality. If it had been Shiina's rival from art school I would understand, she was great, although you would need security to fend her off!
Apr 6, 2020 6:53 AM
Dec 2018
Cybeleon said:
Gab5 said:

I read an article in the paper a couple of years ago and it made me laugh cos I could relate to it so much. It was about a show i didn't even like that much, Big Bang Theory, and it was commenting on a poll that had Sheldon as the most popular character. And, like the writer of the article, i had worked with someone who reminded me of that idiot and, after that, you just dont find his antics funny! I think Shiina is similar, people who have witnessed high maintenance characters dont prefer them to solid, hardworking characters. But she's great as an anime character.

One is privileged, has one talent, decides to waste it to do something else and can hardly dress herself, the other is less privileged, works hard at everything she does, had to go against her family and cares more about the MC, even turned a reasonable person down in the process, and people are still choosing an autistic artist who needs to be looked after? Aoyama is far better! She has a kind and likeable personality. If it had been Shiina's rival from art school I would understand, she was great, although you would need security to fend her off!
Apr 6, 2020 6:54 AM
Dec 2018
Cybeleon said:
Gab5 said:

Jun 9, 2020 11:28 PM

May 2011
Mashiro easily; within the show and if it were real life. Aoyama although sweet, hardworking, etc etc. is the typical basic and generic girl next door. A dime a dozen. Not for me, lol. She also has a questionable future.

Mashiro on the other hand is a prodigy, and autistic. Two extremes is more interesting. She needs Sorata, he's basically helping a blank canvas learn the colours of life. She's also on her way to being living legend and a huge success to boot. She has no ego, arrogance, or ill will. She's pure white, just like her name.

Ask this, why was Sorata bored and just drifting through life even with Aoyama in his everyday life in episode one? Mashiro changed everything.

Misaki on the other hand had a balance of both of their traits. She's a prodigy in her own right, and she knew what she wanted. She's overly energetic but for some deadbeat people that might be what they need. Let's go Jin! The real winner lmao
Kayaba-Jun 9, 2020 11:33 PM
Jun 10, 2020 12:48 AM

Dec 2018
Aoyama deserves some love imo. I think she’s a pretty interesting character and I personally find it a little annoying how high maintenance Shiina is.
Jun 12, 2020 5:04 PM
Aug 2011
Mashiro! I just watched episode 5 and as an autistic person Aoyamas behavior towards Mashiro was highly triggering! Like she is super ableist D=
Jun 29, 2020 10:30 AM

Jun 2011
Good lord, I posted this eight years ago and the discussion is still ongoing haha. I'm glad to see such lively debate on an anime/manga that ended six years ago.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Jan 1, 2021 10:50 AM
Jan 2021
The answer is obvious, Aoyama, I find Shiina very irritating and always takes away the spot light from Aoyama and sorata, I understand that she is a side character, but she is more down to earth and suits sorata more than Shiina. Also facing reality shiina was designed as in my eyes the “perfect being” I say this because her success rate whether it being her manga entries to her being able to confess to sorata have always ended with success. However Aoyama has had it hard since the start therefore she is more suited and defines a real human being not some “perfect being”. Additionally Aoyama supports and helps shiina with everything trying to make her independent and at the same time happy. Shiina however has no sympathy for Aoyama at all being a psycho and running out into the snow just to get support from sorata completely ruining the possibilities of the amazing scenes Aoyama could have had with sorata. Therefore I rest my case, Aoyama is better.

Jan 3, 2021 8:07 AM
May 2018
Aoyama is way better than Shiina.
Jan 8, 2021 7:37 AM

Aug 2008
The friend types usually have no chance, the quirky newcomer seems to win out and I get the feeling that is how it will go here. Aoyama is superior, Shiina would be like dating a child anyway.
Jan 22, 2021 8:54 AM

Jul 2020
Aoyama. Waifu all the way
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
May 6, 2022 2:46 AM
Feb 2022
Aoyama all the way. She's one of my favorite anime characters of all time
May 28, 2022 9:39 AM
Oct 2021
The only anime where I wouldn't mind either of choices. Both are good in their own way.
May 28, 2022 9:41 AM

Aug 2018
I'd choose the one who does not have severe autism.
Aug 5, 2022 2:46 AM

Jul 2019
Shiina every day of the week including 29th February. I LOVE SHIINA.

Also how is x vs y thread allowed? Must be a relic of what the rules were like in the day.

epidemia78 said:

ratio
Aug 5, 2022 2:53 AM

Aug 2018
NextUniverse said:
Shiina every day of the week including 29th February. I LOVE SHIINA.

Also how is x vs y thread allowed? Must be a relic of what the rules were like in the day.

epidemia78 said:

ratio

my autists > yours

Dec 19, 2022 5:37 PM
May 2020
At first I liked Shiina but as the show dragged on she got more and more annoying. Nanami is truly the one that fits with Sorata. Both of them are untalented but willing to work hard for their dreams. I'll never understand Kuudere fans. Shiina possess a lot of similarities with dogs, children, and robots, and personally I'm not into any of those. At a certain point i realized it was a losing battle and i should just cut my losses instead of watching another 4 hours just to be dissapointed.
Aug 8, 2023 1:56 PM
Jun 2022
Generic and boring : go Nanami
Exotic and potentially problematic : go Shiina

Nanami is just your average IRL girl with an inferiority complex and an ego so big one wonders how is she able to keep doing the same thing over and over even after she knows it leads nowhere?
Shiina would depend how it feels, she is shown to be both very affectionate but also dependant(emotionally) but she will always forget the world exist when she is doing what she loves. So the question is, can you handle to let her be apathetic and will you be there for all always emotionally and otherwise?

I'd take my chances with a Shiina, people like Nanami already plague the world and they are only loyal to their own needs, will rely on you when she needs and move on when you've served your purpose.
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
Aug 2022
I don't even understand why people simp over shiina she has worst character in entire anime history, she does not even have strength to pull her own weight, gets pampered every fking time, she's practically a child looking for a baby sitter who'll take care of her. Dude compared to aoyamA she's so much more, she have problems, she deals with them, have suffered still trying her best, inspite all the problems in her life she even supports the MC which shina does not I've not seen shina supporting MC, Aoyama actually likes him not like shinna who only need a care taker
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2012

213 by Liddo-kun »»
Feb 9, 3:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.