Forums
New
Shiina vs Aoyama
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2012 9:46 PM
Aug 2012
Serge91 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Also she has common sense compared to Shinna. In episode 8, Shinna was standing there when Sorata was almost on the verge of crying. In these times, people should be left alone but she was standing there like that. Sorry Shinna fans, i don't hate her but Aoyama is much much better compared to Shinna.

No, she isn't
Common sense? Are you reallly that blind? What about her question, about being depressed?
And... who cares about stress? Shiina's family is rich so what?
Where is the logic here?

I like Aoyama, but she isn't the only one who is under stress.
spacexplorer wrote about being famous artist...
Yeah!! I forgot, that famous people shouldn't be under stress! their life is so easy!
seriously how old are you?

DStev said:
Funny how Aoyama is catching up more and more each week. I don't understand what reasons people have for liking Shiina besides being attractive?

Dull, lack of emotion, obsessed with art and unable to look after herself. OMG what an amazing partner she'd make!

I suppose Aoyama's character is more generic though.

I don't understand what reasons people have for liking Aoyama besides being attractive?
Overreacting
No common sense
stubborn

Nope you're one who's most probably blind and most probably lack common sense too. Compared to a person who struggles every day, she is talented, don't have worry about living, gets taken care of, doesn't know the struggles in life. She gets a few good lines and everybody is all over her. Yeah she has stress so what.........Aoyama and Kanda has way more to worry about. Besides Geniuses can't understand normal people's day-to-day problems. Aoyama made one more impact to me in one episode compared to Shinna in all those episode.

Your statement can be applied to Shinna instead. We like Aoyama because of her personality. Fanboys/fangirls like you just like Shinna because she is good looking and mysterious(?). Aoyama is way more realistic and way more likable. Think before you insult someone and get your eyes and brains checked. And i am much older than people who like a character based solely on looks.

@spacexplorer: Agree with you buddy. I was like wtf in the last episode of Angel Beats like what happened, why these 2 got together??? Well quiet, mysterious(?) and good looking girls usually get bigger fanbase despite the lack of character. Mizuki (Baka to Test), Chintanda (Hyouka), Kaede (Angel Beats) are just a few examples. I don't Hate Kaede but couldn't find a reason to like her either. Same goes for Shinna i don't hate her as she is showing some development but fans treating Aoyama and Kanada like nothing makes me wanna rage.
Dragon_Slayer_XDec 4, 2012 10:01 PM

Dec 4, 2012 9:57 PM

Aug 2010
dchoy said:
Ragna92 said:
dchoy said:
While it makes sense that Shiina will probably win, don't count Aoyama out. I heard in Japan they were having a voting system where the author of the light novels had his fanbase vote on the outcome of who Sorata should end up with, in other words Shiina versus Aoyama. It was also said in the LN that Sorata's mom prefers Aoyama and thinks she would be a perfect wife.

Well I'm pretty sure that Shiina will win that poll. But I'm surprised that he's doing a poll. That usually only happens when there isn't a main girl/main female lead, but this show clearly has one.

I hate that though. For instance in Baka and Test. He should OBVIOUSLY end up with Shimada but they will probably just pair him with Mizuki. I mean sometimes the secondary character is way better than the main girl. I don't hate Shiina or Mizuki. I think both are great main character leads but at the same time, I think Aoyama and Shimada are perfect for their respective main characters as well.

Yeah I hate that also. That's why I prefer stories with more than 1 main girl, like Ichigo 100% and Rumbling Hearts. What I don't like are love triangles or harems where it's obvious who the main character is going to end up with from episode 1, like Toradora.
Dec 4, 2012 10:02 PM

May 2012
Ragna92 said:
dchoy said:
Ragna92 said:
dchoy said:
While it makes sense that Shiina will probably win, don't count Aoyama out. I heard in Japan they were having a voting system where the author of the light novels had his fanbase vote on the outcome of who Sorata should end up with, in other words Shiina versus Aoyama. It was also said in the LN that Sorata's mom prefers Aoyama and thinks she would be a perfect wife.

Well I'm pretty sure that Shiina will win that poll. But I'm surprised that he's doing a poll. That usually only happens when there isn't a main girl/main female lead, but this show clearly has one.

I hate that though. For instance in Baka and Test. He should OBVIOUSLY end up with Shimada but they will probably just pair him with Mizuki. I mean sometimes the secondary character is way better than the main girl. I don't hate Shiina or Mizuki. I think both are great main character leads but at the same time, I think Aoyama and Shimada are perfect for their respective main characters as well.

Yeah I hate that also. That's why I prefer stories with more than 1 main girl, like Ichigo 100% and Rumbling Hearts. What I don't like are love triangles or harems where it's obvious who the main character is going to end up with from episode 1, like Toradora.

I don't mind it if they give a good reason why the MC ended up with that person. Toradora was good because I think you understood why he picked Taiga or why Taiga picked him for that matter. I also like shows that give multiple routes. Only one show comes to mind, Clannad. The fact that Clannad gave a Tomoyo and Kyou OVA made my day. I could be happy with each ended (Nagisa, Tomoyo, Kyou)
Dec 4, 2012 10:06 PM
Aug 2012
Amagami SS or Yosuga no Sora was also done nicely as they gave separate arcs for every heroine. Toradora was nicely done too. But some animes like Princess Lover! or Mashiro Iro ruined it for me in the end.

I am still hoping Akihisa will end up with Minami rather than Mizuki. Mizuki is way more annoying than Minami can ever be.

Dec 4, 2012 10:15 PM

May 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Amagami SS or Yosuga no Sora was also done nicely as they gave separate arcs for every heroine. Toradora was nicely done too. But some animes like Princess Lover! or Mashiro Iro ruined it for me in the end.

I am still hoping Akihisa will end up with Minami rather than Mizuki. Mizuki is way more annoying than Minami can ever be.

I might have to watch Amagami SS now that you mentioned it, which today was just picked up by Sentai for release sometime later in 2013. No dub for it though.
Dec 4, 2012 10:29 PM

Nov 2012
Not going to quote anyone directly.

but the reason is quite obvious as to why Aoyama is so stubborn.
She does not want to seem weak, she pushes herself so much that it eventually caught up to her. Also if she is trying to prove to her parents that she does not need anyone elses help.... remember what she said about her leaving from her parents house? They don't pay for her rent.

This is quite hard for me to choose though since I like both Shiina and Aoyama though.

Dec 4, 2012 10:42 PM
Aug 2012
alexx_310 said:
Not going to quote anyone directly.

but the reason is quite obvious as to why Aoyama is so stubborn.
She does not want to seem weak, she pushes herself so much that it eventually caught up to her. Also if she is trying to prove to her parents that she does not need anyone elses help.... remember what she said about her leaving from her parents house? They don't pay for her rent.

This is quite hard for me to choose though since I like both Shiina and Aoyama though.

Shinna fans missed that part about Aoyama and go on about her being stubborn or tsundere!!!

Dec 4, 2012 10:58 PM

Nov 2012
Yep She takes on many things! She works, she practices her voice acting, she goes to school, and she even used to take on Mashiiro duty!

While all Shiina does is work on her manga and has someone else do her chores.. yes i know she doesn't know how to do it.

So what's your argument Shiina fans?

I'm not choosing sides I'm simply trying to get the outcome of eitherside, anyways
RX-782Dec 4, 2012 11:08 PM
Dec 5, 2012 1:35 AM
Apr 2012
alexx_310 said:
Yep She takes on many things! She works, she practices her voice acting, she goes to school, and she even used to take on Mashiiro duty!

While all Shiina does is work on her manga and has someone else do her chores.. yes i know she doesn't know how to do it.

I'm not choosing sides I'm simply trying to get the outcome of eitherside, anyways

As a Shiina fan, I understand that Aoyama works hard, but the fact that she doesn't let anyone do anything for her comes off as annoying in the show. Oh, and she didn't have to take on Mashiro duty, she just wouldn't let Sorata do it at first, merely because of her belief that a guy shouldn't be doing that for a girl, which also came off as annoying. The main problem I have with Aoyama is how insufferable she is whenever Sorata is alone with Mashiro. I mean, it's so bad that Sorata almost won't let Shiina stay in his room because of how crazy Aoyama would get if she saw her there, and she does it all under the guise of it not being "proper", when you can tell that half of the reason she does it is because of jealousy.
She was also quite hypocrital when she told Sorata off for watching Mashiro sleep, yet a couple episodes later Aoyama herself is fishing for compliments about whether the swimsuit that she is wearing looks good or not. I don't hate her, but her hypocrisy tend to be a bit annoying.
I also understand that Shiina doesn't do her chores, but that seems like something that's supposed to come off as funny, which most of the times it does. And as you said, she doesn't know how. I'm pretty sure that as the show goes on, she will develop the ability to do all of that for herself. Also, Shiina working on her manga is a big thing. It is something she decided to do herself, going against what everyone else wanted her to do. It's not such a small thing, and that doesn't make Aoyama a better "character" merely because she takes on more things than Shiina does.
Dec 11, 2012 8:00 PM
Jul 2012
Shina
Dec 11, 2012 9:17 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't expect that this thread will end up as a debate.

As for this thread, it's kinda hard for me to choose... Well, I guess I'll go for Aoyama but it doesn't mean I didn't like Mashiro. I love them both.

Dec 15, 2012 11:59 PM

May 2011
Aoyama. Shiina has some sort of autism.
Dec 16, 2012 1:02 AM
Apr 2012
LEGOF said:

Do Aoyama fans always have to tear down Shiina just so their pick can look better?
Dec 16, 2012 1:30 AM

Feb 2012
gaiusbaltar22 said:
LEGOF said:

Do Aoyama fans always have to tear down Shiina just so their pick can look better?

lol no need to be offended~ He just stated his opinion why he chose her. It's a forum afterall.
And he ddn't criticize other users.
Dec 16, 2012 1:40 AM
Apr 2012
HauntingShock said:
gaiusbaltar22 said:
LEGOF said:

lol no need to be offended~ He just stated his opinion why he chose her. It's a forum afterall.
And he ddn't criticize other users.

I'm not offended, I was merely asking a question as it seems like most of those who have picked Aoyama in this thread have subsequently bashed Shiina for whatever reason. I would just prefer it if people didn't say she has autism in a derogatory manner.
Dec 16, 2012 2:17 AM
Aug 2012
Dude you just saw one side of the coin...............those who picked Shinna bashed Aoyama for whatever reason too. Eye for an eye remeber!!! Please don't try to deny that.

Dec 16, 2012 2:24 AM
Apr 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Dude you just saw one side of the coin...............those who picked Shinna bashed Aoyama for whatever reason too. Eye for an eye remeber!!! Please don't try to deny that.

I should have worded it better. I would be perfectly fine with people bashing Shiina for her lack of communication skills or the fact that she doesn't understand simple emotions, I just don't like when some have taken it further than that and attacked her character with the false idea that she has autism, which is usually meant in a completely derogatory way by those who say it. That takes it beyond the usual bickering that goes along with love triangles.
Dec 16, 2012 2:30 AM
Dec 2012
I'd vote for Shiina.
To me, Aoyama is merely annoying and ordinary.
Dec 17, 2012 5:51 AM

Aug 2012
Aoyama. Her grounding to reality makes her the better of the two.

Also, I always feel like voting for the underdog/predicted loser.
Dec 18, 2012 3:14 AM

Jan 2011
Aoyoma is so fking annoying cockblock urgh. Should just let Shiina go with Kanda
Dec 18, 2012 12:14 PM

Sep 2007
Aoyama

Dec 18, 2012 1:06 PM

Jun 2007
I quite prefer Aoyama a lot. Shiina just seems to much like a blank sheet, just plain and boring. Sure Aoyama might be annoying sometimes, but i still prefer that over Shiina.
Dec 18, 2012 2:23 PM

Feb 2012
I'm going with Shina even though she is quiet and doesn't show a lot of her emotions shes got a lot going on shes like an ice burg!
Dec 18, 2012 2:39 PM

Jun 2009
In terms of who Sorata will eventually end up with this is no contest. Aoyama is like a loli in a harem. She's the character the main will never choose in any circumstance.

In terms of personal preference, I prefer Shina. People often pull out the autism or even retarded when referring to her but quite honestly she has shown herself to not be stupid. I also get the feeling that a lot of the time she is intentionally trolling Sorata. She really is the far more interesting character. Aoyama is the token Tsundere The only tsundere's I like are well written ones on the line of Rin Tohsaka. You know the ones who don't bash the mains brains in over every little thing.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Dec 19, 2012 1:26 PM

Sep 2012
If I was sorata I would choose aoyama. I like shiina but her character is just Idk how to describe it but its like she doesn't have a personality. But sorata should definitely end up with shiina though, the way it should be.
MC117Dec 19, 2012 1:33 PM
Dec 19, 2012 7:51 PM

Jul 2012
Shiina is awesome, and the main reason I'm watching and like this show. I think she's prettier and a lot more interesting than Aoyama. Aoyama is just boring in comparison to Shiina IMO. :)
Dec 19, 2012 7:56 PM

Nov 2012
People only like Shiina only because they wish they can be like Sorata and wipe her butt for her.
Dec 19, 2012 9:00 PM

Nov 2011
I'm fine with both girls but I can't deny that sometimes, I feel that they are annoying and irritating. Aoyama's constant misunderstandings of the situation and Mashiro's inability to do anything.
—Actually, nevermind.
Dec 20, 2012 1:21 AM

Dec 2012
RaiStorM said:
why the poll ? maybe cause tsundere vs. kuudere is always intersting ? ^^

i think its most likely tsundere vs dandere??haha because emotionless,quiet suits shiina more than cool??
It's amazing how time can change a person, but those memories and moments will still be in our heart, even if those moments are gone like tears in the rain.

Dec 20, 2012 1:26 AM

Dec 2012
Mini_Lancer said:
anglelove_199x said:
-MgZ_ said:
Aoyama. Shiina doesn't blush!

lol =)) Shinna is so cute and innocent

This. I hope that she wins also xP

To be honest I think that there are too many characters that are similar to Aoyama already... Shiina for a change!

YEA Shiina FOR THE WIN!
It's amazing how time can change a person, but those memories and moments will still be in our heart, even if those moments are gone like tears in the rain.

Dec 20, 2012 2:05 AM

Dec 2012
gaiusbaltar22 said:
alexx_310 said:

As a Shiina fan, I understand that Aoyama works hard, but the fact that she doesn't let anyone do anything for her comes off as annoying in the show. Oh, and she didn't have to take on Mashiro duty, she just wouldn't let Sorata do it at first, merely because of her belief that a guy shouldn't be doing that for a girl, which also came off as annoying. The main problem I have with Aoyama is how insufferable she is whenever Sorata is alone with Mashiro. I mean, it's so bad that Sorata almost won't let Shiina stay in his room because of how crazy Aoyama would get if she saw her there, and she does it all under the guise of it not being "proper", when you can tell that half of the reason she does it is because of jealousy.
She was also quite hypocrital when she told Sorata off for watching Mashiro sleep, yet a couple episodes later Aoyama herself is fishing for compliments about whether the swimsuit that she is wearing looks good or not. I don't hate her, but her hypocrisy tend to be a bit annoying.
I also understand that Shiina doesn't do her chores, but that seems like something that's supposed to come off as funny, which most of the times it does. And as you said, she doesn't know how. I'm pretty sure that as the show goes on, she will develop the ability to do all of that for herself. Also, Shiina working on her manga is a big thing. It is something she decided to do herself, going against what everyone else wanted her to do. It's not such a small thing, and that doesn't make Aoyama a better "character" merely because she takes on more things than Shiina does.

agreed, "talent is a gift, character is a choice" Shiina painted for like her whole life, she's hardworking instead of just gifted. And i really dislike Aoyama of her over-reacting

Dec 20, 2012 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
LEGOF said:

Thats why I voted for her. something new FTW also Shiina FTW!
Dec 20, 2012 7:47 AM
Nov 2010
why do people say that Aoyama overreacts all the time? She's only overreacted like a few 4-5 times.
Dec 20, 2012 3:20 PM

Feb 2012
Z-flame said:
why do people say that Aoyama overreacts all the time? She's only overreacted like a few 4-5 times.

Gotta agree. Lately, she isn't doing that. She got used to Shiina's au– attitude.

/trololol
HauntingShockDec 20, 2012 3:59 PM
Dec 20, 2012 11:10 PM

Sep 2012
im always for the main girl, and she seems very interesting so shiina!
Dec 20, 2012 11:24 PM
Aug 2012
Z-flame said:

That's the only thing they can say about Aoyama anyway.............not like they have any other valid reason. Just goes to show she is a much better character than Shinna.

Btw the only thing changed for the main girl is that she has autism rather than being an airhead. Not that much of a difference here reused character just in a different way and the mains are most of the time the uninteresting ones!!!

Dec 21, 2012 1:18 AM

Dec 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Z-flame said:

That's the only thing they can say about Aoyama anyway.............not like they have any other valid reason. Just goes to show she is a much better character than Shinna.

Btw the only thing changed for the main girl is that she has autism rather than being an airhead. Not that much of a difference here reused character just in a different way and the mains are most of the time the uninteresting ones!!!

That's the only thing you can say about Shiina too, emotionless?what's more

Dec 21, 2012 10:04 AM
Aug 2012
SmilePlease said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Z-flame said:

That's the only thing you can say about Shiina too, emotionless?what's more

I really i made a whole lot of points in my previous posts but let me ask you first...........why do you like her? She is cute? She has a great figure? She is a genius? Or because she is autistic? Or maybe the fan service? Admit it or not more than half the votes she got was because of her looks and fan service. I mean who wouldn't vote for a mysterious girl(?) who doesn't even have the sense to dress properly and walk around without panties unless someone tell her to put them on!!!

Compared to that Aoyama got the votes because of her personality and hardships rather than her looks. Sorata and Aoyama are 2 characters i come to respect very much. If you still wanna know what else i can say against Shinna then i will write a post later.

Dec 21, 2012 11:03 AM
Apr 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I really i made a whole lot of points in my previous posts but let me ask you first...........why do you like her? She is cute? She has a great figure? She is a genius? Or because she is autistic? Or maybe the fan service? Admit it or not more than half the votes she got was because of her looks and fan service. I mean who wouldn't vote for a mysterious girl(?) who doesn't even have the sense to dress properly and walk around without panties unless someone tell her to put them on!!!

Compared to that Aoyama got the votes because of her personality and hardships rather than her looks. Sorata and Aoyama are 2 characters i come to respect very much. If you still wanna know what else i can say against Shinna then i will write a post later.

First of all, Aoyama was the last one who forgot to wear panties, and I'm pretty sure that one of the main reasons that people like Aoyama is because of her looks, and also her tendency to embarrassingly blush. Plus, Aoyama's characterization is comparatively one-dimensional, though not completely, since she basically is partially defined by her exaggeratedly tsundere qualities. Not to mention, Aoyama's had the same amount, if not more, of fanservice as Mashiro. Did you not see the latest episode when Sorata walked into the bathroom and she was naked? In fact, that seems to be her main purpose lately, whereas Mashiro is actually developing as a character. Aoyama's "hardships" haven't even been touched on since her introduction, while Mashiro's difficulties definitely have. As for me and the majority of others, it's not her looks or her "autism", which, by the way, is a complete misappropriation of her antisocial tendencies, that illustrate her as the better character. Mashiro has a much better personality than Aoyama. More often than not, Aoyama exhibits relatively annoying aspects of her personality, while still possessing a somewhat dull characterization as the normal character in the group, especially in comparison to Mashiro or Misaki. Mashiro, for instance, isn't brash or occasionally obnoxious, nor does she hypocritically overreact to Sorata's kindness towards other girls.

Just because Mashiro is almost perfect at what she does, doesn't mean she is devoid of complex characterization. Mashiro typically has to work on her manga all through the night, which, of course, has been portrayed, similar to Aoyama's voice acting, as something that takes a lot of work to excel at. Even though she is an insanely talented artist, she still has to overcome considerable obstacles to achieve greatness with her manga. Also, it's ridiculous to assume that you're favorite character is miraculously chosen by everyone as the best because of legitimate reasons, while constantly dismissing the somehow impossible chance that those that favor Mashiro do so because of fully-formed reasons as well.
gaiusbaltar24Dec 21, 2012 11:27 AM
Dec 21, 2012 11:28 AM

May 2009
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
why do you like her? She is cute? She has a great figure? She is a genius? Or because she is autistic? Or maybe the fan service? Admit it or not more than half the votes she got was because of her looks and fan service. I mean who wouldn't vote for a mysterious girl(?) who doesn't even have the sense to dress properly and walk around without panties unless someone tell her to put them on!!!

She's fucking perfect anime girl. What the hell is wrong with you applying IRL logic to anime?
Aoyama is literaly most generic character in this anime. And I hate suffering driven characters.
bastek66Dec 21, 2012 11:36 AM
Dec 21, 2012 11:31 AM
Nov 2010
Complain because Aoyoma's hardships haven't been touch upon more. Complain because Aoyoma appears too much. There really isn't any middle ground for some people here.
Dec 21, 2012 11:36 AM
Apr 2012
Z-flame said:
Complain because Aoyoma's hardships haven't been touch upon more. Complain because Aoyoma appears too much. There really isn't any middle ground for some people here.

I wasn't complaining about her hardships not being focused on recently, since I'd rather she doesn't appear altogether. I was simply stating that even though many of Aoyama's fans like her because of the hardships she struggles through, those haven't been mentioned lately.
Dec 21, 2012 3:48 PM
Aug 2012
gaiusbaltar22 said:

As a Shiina fan, I understand that Aoyama works hard, but the fact that she doesn't let anyone do anything for her comes off as annoying in the show. Oh, and she didn't have to take on Mashiro duty, she just wouldn't let Sorata do it at first, merely because of her belief that a guy shouldn't be doing that for a girl, which also came off as annoying.

So that part of her makes her more charming, she has determination and pride. If that's annoying then you have a serious problem. Also taking care Mashiro was the right choice for the time being...........because Sorata was practically forced to take care of her and also starting to design a game. I hope you remember that or should i remind you?

gaiusbaltar22 said:

The main problem I have with Aoyama is how insufferable she is whenever Sorata is alone with Mashiro. I mean, it's so bad that Sorata almost won't let Shiina stay in his room because of how crazy Aoyama would get if she saw her there, and she does it all under the guise of it not being "proper", when you can tell that half of the reason she does it is because of jealousy.

So you are overlooking the fact that Shinna isn't disturbing Sorata by staying in his room all the time. Besides she got jealous sometimes but didn't your girl Shinna get jealous too and insisted on staying there? And she acts naturally in the recent episodes if you are watching carefully. Frankly you are butthurt because Shinna couldn't walk around pantless all the time.

gaiusbaltar22 said:

She was also quite hypocrital when she told Sorata off for watching Mashiro sleep, yet a couple episodes later Aoyama herself is fishing for compliments about whether the swimsuit that she is wearing looks good or not. I don't hate her, but her hypocrisy tend to be a bit annoying

That's your point? Frankly its stupid, Aoyama can't get a few compliments from the guy she likes and Shinna can walk around half-naked all she wants? Besides Shinna was also fishing for attention right after her. Buddy you are the hypocrite. You don't like Aoyama but try to make some valid points.

gaiusbaltar22 said:

Also, Shiina working on her manga is a big thing. It is something she decided to do herself, going against what everyone else wanted her to do.

That point is completely gone after the latest episodes. Rita told her to draw manga and she was also successful at it. She is a genius.....be it painting or manga she is good at it. And no she didn't decide for herself. Honestly i couldn't stop laughing when i saw this point cuz you mistook Shinna and Manga for Aoyama and Voice Acting.

gaiusbaltar22 said:

First of all, Aoyama was the last one who forgot to wear panties, and I'm pretty sure that one of the main reasons that people like Aoyama is because of her looks, and also her tendency to embarrassingly blush. Plus, Aoyama's characterization is comparatively one-dimensional, though not completely, since she basically is partially defined by her exaggeratedly tsundere qualities.

Are you sure you are not mistaking Aoyama with Shinna again because those points can be said exactly for her.
First of all, Shinna was the one who forgot to wear everything except panties in the last episode, and I'm pretty sure that one of the main reasons that people like Shinna is because of her looks.....looks simlar doesn't it?

And pardon me what exaggeratedly tsundere qualities? She acted like that a few times........you really haven't seen much tsunderes have you? Not a surprise because most fans mistook Shinna for a Kuudere instead of a Dandere.....so stupid mistakes like that can happen.

gaiusbaltar22 said:

Not to mention, Aoyama's had the same amount, if not more, of fanservice as Mashiro. Did you not see the latest episode when Sorata walked into the bathroom and she was naked? In fact, that seems to be her main purpose lately, whereas Mashiro is actually developing as a character.

Seriously are you retarded or just watched the latest episode only? Want me give you a list of fan services used..........

Shinna ( ep1:19.00-21.00, ep3:17.20-19.00,ep11:5.42 )
Aoyama ( ep5:15.00,ep11:8.00-9.00 )

I am excluding episode 7 and 8 because they had the same amount of fan service for both. Also Aoyama forgot to bring a change compared to Shinna forgetting to wear it every time. Also i am not counting the countless time she goes to Sorata's room with just a shirt on. Sorata has to remind her most of the time. So your fan service logic is basically bs/invalid/nothing actually. Most of Shinna fans are looking at her fan service only not Aoyama. Get your facts straight.

gaiusbaltar22 said:

As for me and the majority of others, it's not her looks or her "autism", which, by the way, is a complete misappropriation of her antisocial tendencies, that illustrate her as the better character. Mashiro has a much better personality than Aoyama. More often than not, Aoyama exhibits relatively annoying aspects of her personality, while still possessing a somewhat dull characterization as the normal character in the group, especially in comparison to Mashiro or Misaki. Mashiro, for instance, isn't brash or occasionally obnoxious, nor does she hypocritically overreact to Sorata's kindness towards other girls.

She has a personality? Sorry i wasn't aware. She is a blank state most of the time. Doesn't know what feeling are, doesn't know what success and failures are and also if it is anti-social tendencies(?) not autism then isn't it like she is making Sorata do her chores while she has all the time to do her work and walking around half-naked to seduce him? Your own logic contradicts you. Because it's a problem and she can nothing about it that's why i am not bashing her even worse about her personality. Sure she did change a little bit but that's all that happened till now.

Also doesn't over react???..................funny she was going around saying "Sorata no baka" for half of the episode, getting jealous of his sister and Aoyama and may i add that she added Ketchup to his face in the latest episode when Sorata was so damn tired after those sleepless nights because she was irritated.

gaiusbaltar22 said:

Just because Mashiro is almost perfect at what she does, doesn't mean she is devoid of complex characterization. Mashiro typically has to work on her manga all through the night, which, of course, has been portrayed, similar to Aoyama's voice acting, as something that takes a lot of work to excel at. Even though she is an insanely talented artist, she still has to overcome considerable obstacles to achieve greatness with her manga. Also, it's ridiculous to assume that you're favorite character is miraculously chosen by everyone as the best because of legitimate reasons, while constantly dismissing the somehow impossible chance that those that favor Mashiro do so because of fully-formed reasons as well.

So when did i say Shinna doesn't work hard? You and some other fanboys/fangirls completely misunderstood my points. I was trying to say all Shinna does is draw her manga. She doesn't have to worry about anything else. Someone always takes care of her chore and other stuff. Compared to that Aoyama and Sorata has lot more to worried about. Aoyama does all her work, do part time jobs and Voice acting not to mention taking care of the dorm chores too. Same goes for Sorata.........taking care of Shinna, dorm chores, his cats, Game designing etc.

So when i person does several jobs and when another person does only one job at the same time...............its pretty normal the 2nd one would be successful because thats the only thing he/she is doing. And plz don't tell me only Shinna doesn't sleep all night long. Sorata had 4 sleepless nights too. Also you missed the part in the latest episode when Aoyama went to make snacks for them saying its the only thing she can do for them atm and that show how much she cares for them and wants to help them.

So i didn't say you have to like my favourite character nor did i say you have to hate your favourite character. I only said Aoyama is much better than Shinna as a person. But since the LN and Anime is focused on Shinna she will be chosen definitely.............so there isn't much to discuss about. But if all you can do is belittle a character with stupid reasons then that's another thing. As you can clearly see how wrong your points were........i hope so atleast.

Also the latest episodes are going to be more focused on Shinna so Aoyama won't be getting much spotlight in my opinion but saying she shouldn't be in the anime in complete stupidity. You don't like her fine but insult her for no reason at all and the same can be done for Shinna in many ways.

Also majority of the fans like Shinna because of her cuteness and fan service but i didn't say all of them. But weak points like that doesn't help. I mean its not her fault that other painters and Rita had to give up painting, its not her fault that someone has to take take care of her and its definitely not her fault that she doesn't understand human emotions. It can't be helped if she was born that way. Arguments similar to yours doesn't help much. Also i have been very rude in my post so i should probably apologize to you. I get carried way too easily but you are welcome to prove me wrong.

bastek66 said:

She's fucking perfect anime girl. What the hell is wrong with you applying IRL logic to anime?
Aoyama is literaly most generic character in this anime. And I hate suffering driven characters.

So what's the point here? I hate perfect characters who get anything they wish and like characters who improve by struggling. Also Shinna is the more generic one they just replaced the normal airhead type with Autism.........Aoyama is better than that. And what the hell is wrong with you? I can apply any logic i like but the facts won't change. If you don't have anything to say other than some BS like "why are you applying IRL logic" then stop bitching. You have read the novels and have more ideas so what? Keep that to yourself!!! If you don't like it ignore it or give some good points. That's all.

Dec 21, 2012 4:53 PM
Oct 2012
bastek66 said:

You mean that Aoyama is the most normal character in this anime. She is the only character that hasn't been blessed with god given talent (even Sorata had success the second time he tried something he has only spent weeks learning) and who has also had to support herself in her drive to achieve her dreams. It isn't her "suffering" that people respect, it is her drive to make her dream a reality that people identify with and respect.
Dec 21, 2012 5:46 PM
Apr 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
So that part of her makes her more charming, she has determination and pride. If that's annoying then you have a serious problem. Also taking care Mashiro was the right choice for the time being...........because Sorata was practically forced to take care of her and also starting to design a game. I hope you remember that or should i remind you?

Though certainly commendable, her stubborn refusal to allow anyone else to help Mashiro was, in fact, annoying. No to mention, she was basically compelled to do it because she didn’t want Sorata to be alone with her, not out of some remarkably noble gesture, even though, in time, it did seem she was doing it more from her own kindness.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
So you are overlooking the fact that Shinna isn't disturbing Sorata by staying in his room all the time. Besides she got jealous sometimes but didn't your girl Shinna get jealous too and insisted on staying there? And she acts naturally in the recent episodes if you are watching carefully. Frankly you are butthurt because Shinna couldn't walk around pantless all the time.

Perhaps Mashiro has disturbed him slightly, of course, but Sorata’s never mentioned it, and I wasn’t really overlooking it, since it’s clear that Aoyama didn’t act according to her desire for Sorata’s well-being, but rather due to her jealousy, which I’d be somewhat fine with if she hadn’t continually masked it as something more. WTF, I don’t give a damn about idiotic fanservice, since it’s not close to being one of the many reasons I’m watching the show. You should be perfectly aware that one of the primary reasons she was so annoying throughout those few episodes is that she was continuously interrupting the chance for any development to happen between Sorata and Mashiro, not because of some childish desire to constantly see her pantless. Also, considering I wrote this comment prior to the latest episode, you shouldn’t assume that all my perceptions of Aoyama still stand, since it’s obvious she’s become slightly more subdued since the few episodes that involved her reacting to everything quite obnoxiously.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
That's your point? Frankly its stupid, Aoyama can't get a few compliments from the guy she likes and Shinna can walk around half-naked all she wants? Besides Shinna was also fishing for attention right after her. Buddy you are the hypocrite. You don't like Aoyama but try to make some valid points.

You’re really misinterpreting what I’m saying; I don’t care whether or not Aoyama was fishing for compliments, since, as you said, Mashiro had done it as well. It’s the fact that she had, up until that point in the show, been constantly berating Sorata for any attention he gave towards Mashiro, acting as though it’s insanely improper, when she would long for the same attention just moments later, which definitely was hypocritical. I couldn’t care less about Aoyama merely wanting attention, but that’s not the point I was making.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
That point is completely gone after the latest episodes. Rita told her to draw manga and she was also successful at it. She is a genius.....be it painting or manga she is good at it. And no she didn't decide for herself. Honestly i couldn't stop laughing when i saw this point cuz you mistook Shinna and Manga for Aoyama and Voice Acting.

Of course Rita partially suggested that she should draw manga, but it is also something she herself wants to do. Plus, I didn’t know anything about Rita’s involvement, so it’s not as though the comment was incorrect at the time.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Are you sure you are not mistaking Aoyama with Shinna again because those points can be said exactly for her.
First of all, Shinna was the one who forgot to wear everything except panties in the last episode, and I'm pretty sure that one of the main reasons that people like Shinna is because of her looks.....looks simlar doesn't it?

And pardon me what exaggeratedly tsundere qualities? She acted like that a few times........you really haven't seen much tsunderes have you? Not a surprise because most fans mistook Shinna for a Kuudere instead of a Dandere.....so stupid mistakes like that can happen.

Your revised statement doesn’t negate what I mentioned. The point I was responding to mentioned the last one that forgot to wear panties, and that was Aoyama in the pool episode. It had nothing to do with Mashiro walking around with panties on. Of course, there are many that like the way Mashiro looks, but that is merely one of many factors as to why the majority prefer her character, just as there are many Aoyama fans that like the way she looks. It goes both ways.

When Aoyama occasionally attempts to deny her own feelings to herself and others and blushes, while berating Sorata for seeing her in her underwear or the like, then she’s a tsundere. Also, I said she was partially defined by her tsundere qualities, not completely, but it’s not as though the show has provided me with much else in the way of her characterization to go on.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Seriously are you retarded or just watched the latest episode only? Want me give you a list of fan services used..........

Shinna ( ep1:19.00-21.00, ep3:17.20-19.00,ep11:5.42 )
Aoyama ( ep5:15.00,ep11:8.00-9.00 )

I am excluding episode 7 and 8 because they had the same amount of fan service for both. Also Aoyama forgot to bring a change compared to Shinna forgetting to wear it every time. Also i am not counting the countless time she goes to Sorata's room with just a shirt on. Sorata has to remind her most of the time. So your fan service logic is basically bs/invalid/nothing actually. Most of Shinna fans are looking at her fan service only not Aoyama. Get your facts straight.

I’m talking about fanservice in general, and, even from what you wrote, they’re quite similar in the amount of fanservice that each have had. Actually no, I’m pretty damn sure that most of Shiina’s fans don’t like her merely because of her fanservice. That is a ridiculous thing to say, since, even in this thread, many of those that voted for Mashiro have stated numerous, non-fanservice related reasons as to why.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
She has a personality? Sorry i wasn't aware. She is a blank state most of the time. Doesn't know what feeling are, doesn't know what success and failures are and also if it is anti-social tendencies(?) not autism then isn't it like she is making Sorata do her chores while she has all the time to do her work and walking around half-naked to seduce him? Your own logic contradicts you. Because it's a problem and she can nothing about it that's why i am not bashing her even worse about her personality. Sure she did change a little bit but that's all that happened till now.

Also doesn't over react???..................funny she was going around saying "Sorata no baka" for half of the episode, getting jealous of his sister and Aoyama and may i add that she added Ketchup to his face in the latest episode when Sorata was so damn tired after those sleepless nights because she was irritated.

The reason I and many others like Mashiro is because her personality is constantly, albeit slowly, evolving. I don’t consider any of your points as indicators for autism, since she’s able to progress from them, and is only the way she is because of a severe isolation from others for much of her life.

She was also saying “Sorata no baka” because of his inconsiderate attitude towards her, not solely due to jealousy. The miniscule ketchup incident was a throwaway joke, and pales in comparison to the majority of overreactions from Aoyama earlier in the show.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
So when did i say Shinna doesn't work hard? You and some other fanboys/fangirls completely misunderstood my points. I was trying to say all Shinna does is draw her manga. She doesn't have to worry about anything else. Someone always takes care of her chore and other stuff. Compared to that Aoyama and Sorata has lot more to worried about. Aoyama does all her work, do part time jobs and Voice acting not to mention taking care of the dorm chores too. Same goes for Sorata.........taking care of Shinna, dorm chores, his cats, Game designing etc.

So when i person does several jobs and when another person does only one job at the same time...............its pretty normal the 2nd one would be successful because thats the only thing he/she is doing. And plz don't tell me only Shinna doesn't sleep all night long. Sorata had 4 sleepless nights too. Also you missed the part in the latest episode when Aoyama went to make snacks for them saying its the only thing she can do for them atm and that show how much she cares for them and wants to help them.

So i didn't say you have to like my favourite character nor did i say you have to hate your favourite character. I only said Aoyama is much better than Shinna as a person. But since the LN and Anime is focused on Shinna she will be chosen definitely.............so there isn't much to discuss about. But if all you can do is belittle a character with stupid reasons then that's another thing. As you can clearly see how wrong your points were........i hope so atleast.

Also the latest episodes are going to be more focused on Shinna so Aoyama won't be getting much spotlight in my opinion but saying she shouldn't be in the anime in complete stupidity. You don't like her fine but insult her for no reason at all and the same can be done for Shinna in many ways.

Also majority of the fans like Shinna because of her cuteness and fan service but i didn't say all of them. But weak points like that doesn't help. I mean its not her fault that other painters and Rita had to give up painting, its not her fault that someone has to take take care of her and its definitely not her fault that she doesn't understand human emotions. It can't be helped if she was born that way. Arguments similar to yours doesn't help much. Also i have been very rude in my post so i should probably apologize to you. I get carried way too easily but you are welcome to prove me wrong.

You have also completely misunderstood some of my points, and please, stop calling everyone that likes Mashiro a fanboy, while conveniently detaching yourself from the label, since you’re reacting in the same manner as I and many others have.

The point is that they all have considerable responsibilities, and I wasn’t singling one specific character as having more. I never said Mashiro was the only one that didn’t sleep; I was simply stating the weight of her responsibilities, not comparing it with others. I actually liked Aoyama’s caring moment in the latest episode, and never mentioned anything that contradicted that.

I don’t consider any of my previous points wrong. I don’t mind those that have a legitimate opinion of Aoyama as their favorite character, but that doesn’t mean that I should conjure up a perception of her character that I simply haven’t seen to a great extent throughout the show. Maybe she’ll become a better character by the end, but, for now, she only, to me, appears to be the typical and unnecessary third wheel that temporarily stunts the relationship growth of the main pair.

I wasn’t insulting Aoyama, but her character has seemed rather inconsequential to me, and I’d simply prefer the story if she wasn’t in it, which isn’t that incendiary of a comment. I wouldn’t mind others saying the same of Mashiro.

I really haven't seen the majority of others liking Mashiro primarily because of her fanservice. There's certainly been some that do, but the same goes for those that prefer Aoyama. Although I don't really blame her, it is slightly Mashiro’s fault that she can’t understand others emotions and that she has to be taken care of, but it’s definitely not her fault that Rita and the other painters were so weak that they had to quit at the mere sight of someone better than them. Even if Mashiro did understand those emotions, the outcome would have been the same. She shouldn’t have to stop and wait for everyone else’s talent to catch up to her own. No problem; I wasn't really offended by anything you said.
Dec 21, 2012 6:02 PM

May 2009
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
So what's the point here? I hate perfect characters who get anything they wish and like characters who improve by struggling. Also Shinna is the more generic one they just replaced the normal airhead type with Autism.....

Takuan_Soho said:
You mean that Aoyama is the most normal character in this anime. She is the only character that hasn't been blessed with god given talent (even Sorata had success the second time he tried something he has only spent weeks learning) and who has also had to support herself in her drive to achieve her dreams. It isn't her "suffering" that people respect, it is her drive to make her dream a reality that people identify with and respect.

Shiina (not Shinna) isn't airhead. Christ, watch more anime if you mistake totaly different archetypes.
Yes, Aoyama is normal AND most generic character in this anime. There is bunch of nearly same looking girls with same attitude towards MC.
Dec 21, 2012 10:48 PM
Aug 2012
gaiusbaltar22 said:

I really haven't seen the majority of others liking Mashiro primarily because of her fanservice. There's certainly been some that do, but the same goes for those that prefer Aoyama. Although I don't really blame her, it is slightly Mashiro’s fault that she can’t understand others emotions and that she has to be taken care of, but it’s definitely not her fault that Rita and the other painters were so weak that they had to quit at the mere sight of someone better than them. Even if Mashiro did understand those emotions, the outcome would have been the same. She shouldn’t have to stop and wait for everyone else’s talent to catch up to her own. No problem; I wasn't really offended by anything you said.

Maybe i was a bit quick to judge. But i will point out some things. Aoyama acted like that during those few episodes but recently she is a lot more tolerant. She didn't over-react when she saw the fiasco with Rita, covered Sorata and Mashiro with a blanket.......if you need more then i can go through the episodes and tell you when and where. All i am trying to say the facts you say about Aoyama are all based on those 1-2 episodes when she over-reacted and lately she has changed and become more tolerant. She is a tsundere but not exaggeratedly tsundere as spme people are saying.

Also all of them were in swimsuits at that time and so Aoyama asking for some compliments isn't improper in any way as you are saying because she called it improper when Shinna went into Sorata's room wearing just a shirt. Get the situations straight. Also you saying that fan service is the only purpose is Aoyama is definitely wrong when Shiina has the larger amount of fan service from the first episode.

Btw are you saying Rita is weak? She is probably one of the best after Shiina, she was there with her for 10 years straight taking care of her and drawing non-stop but no matter what her hard work wasn't accepted by that dumbass Grandfather telling her to quit because she could never be as good as Shiina? I hope you can understand what kind of shock it was. I am not blaming Shiina because she was born that way and i am not telling you to like Rita either (you probably hate her). Yeah the outcome won't change but the fact that she can't understand their feelings makes it even worse.

I will be honest with you, even i was annoyed with Aoyama a bit in that episode but after knowing her circumstances, i came to respect and like her character way more than the main girl. I never said i hate Mashiro for her problem but Aoyama is the better choice at least in my opinion. Well there is a visual novel upcoming so everyone should be happy about their favorite girl.

@bastek66: Looks like you are only one here who watches anime. Well lucky you for being such a amazing person. Stop being full of yourself. I never said she is an airhead but if she didn't had Autism she would definitely be called one. You really can't deny that and it wasn't that hard to understand. Also you hating a character doesn't make him/her bad.
Dragon_Slayer_XDec 21, 2012 11:32 PM

Dec 22, 2012 6:03 AM
Apr 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Maybe i was a bit quick to judge. But i will point out some things. Aoyama acted like that during those few episodes but recently she is a lot more tolerant. She didn't over-react when she saw the fiasco with Rita, covered Sorata and Mashiro with a blanket.......if you need more then i can go through the episodes and tell you when and where. All i am trying to say the facts you say about Aoyama are all based on those 1-2 episodes when she over-reacted and lately she has changed and become more tolerant. She is a tsundere but not exaggeratedly tsundere as spme people are saying.

Also all of them were in swimsuits at that time and so Aoyama asking for some compliments isn't improper in any way as you are saying because she called it improper when Shinna went into Sorata's room wearing just a shirt. Get the situations straight. Also you saying that fan service is the only purpose is Aoyama is definitely wrong when Shiina has the larger amount of fan service from the first episode.

Btw are you saying Rita is weak? She is probably one of the best after Shiina, she was there with her for 10 years straight taking care of her and drawing non-stop but no matter what her hard work wasn't accepted by that dumbass Grandfather telling her to quit because she could never be as good as Shiina? I hope you can understand what kind of shock it was. I am not blaming Shiina because she was born that way and i am not telling you to like Rita either (you probably hate her). Yeah the outcome won't change but the fact that she can't understand their feelings makes it even worse.

I will be honest with you, even i was annoyed with Aoyama a bit in that episode but after knowing her circumstances, i came to respect and like her character way more than the main girl. I never said i hate Mashiro for her problem but Aoyama is the better choice at least in my opinion. Well there is a visual novel upcoming so everyone should be happy about their favorite girl.

@bastek66: Looks like you are only one here who watches anime. Well lucky you for being such a amazing person. Stop being full of yourself. I never said she is an airhead but if she didn't had Autism she would definitely be called one. You really can't deny that and it wasn't that hard to understand. Also you hating a character doesn't make him/her bad.

I agree with you that Aoyama is a lot better and more tolerant lately. I especially liked when she covered Mashiro and Sorata with a blanket. I am just hoping that her character continues to stay that good, as pretty much every character was at their best in the last episode.

I also don't hate rita at all. I was more referring to the others, that went to school with Mashiro, as being weak. I didn't really care for Rita all that much in her first two episodes, as I agreed with Ryuunosuke when he told her off. She wasn't weak, but I don't agree at all with her coming to resent Mashiro because she couldn't paint as well as her. It just didn't come off that well, and wasn't that great of a first impression. She was really good though in the last episode, as her interactions with Ryuunosuke were fantastic.
Dec 22, 2012 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
Misaki... I love Dandere characters but Misaki is just so much better than Mashiro
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 22, 2012 5:32 PM

Jul 2011
Shiina was adorable at first, but now she's just a bother.
Aoyama, on the other hand, is (like stared above) "hard-working and straightforward", which I find much more attractive and likable compared to "sheepish and dependent". Even though I'm not that fond of tsunderes, Aoyama isn't too bad. So for now I pick Aoyama over Shiina... unless something changes in Aoyama's character.
"Humans are mean by nature, they are kind by choice."
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2012

213 by Liddo-kun »»
Feb 9, 3:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.