Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 11, 2012 1:50 AM

Jun 2009
-DriZzi said:
xste2davenx said:
i would have to say it depends what im watching big eyes for something funny and smaller eyes for something more serious

That's kinda shallow...

There are serious show with big eyes out there.

Oh yeah...
Goatee said:
Shuhan said:
op is a dumbass.

Agreed

Agreed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2012 2:17 AM

Jun 2008
Alcapwn said:
Shuhan said:
op is a dumbass.

This and,
that vvvvvv

Interesting that every single one of you has Clannad in their favorites. What Clannad fanboys got offended because someone told them that there little moe drama has shitty character artwork? Those things don't even look human for Christ sakes? The fact that those look shitty is the one thing the OP is right.
Nov 11, 2012 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
Monad said:
Alcapwn said:
Shuhan said:
op is a dumbass.

This and,
that vvvvvv

Interesting that every single one of you has Clannad in their favorites. What Clannad fanboys got offended because someone told them that there little moe drama has shitty character artwork? Those things don't even look human for Christ sakes? The fact that those look shitty is the one thing the OP is right.

Then it's perfect, because you have YOUR opinion, and i, my opinion.
I don't mind reading/listening/watching other people opinions.
Nov 11, 2012 2:25 AM

Jun 2009
Monad said:
Alcapwn said:
Shuhan said:
op is a dumbass.

This and,
that vvvvvv

Calm down boy.

Go back to the first page and look at the example he provided.

Tell me that is not an unfair comparison. (That big eye girl picture is literally circulated around the internet for it's "QUALITY")

Use a "Normal" picture instead!

e.g. This one

even this!

AirStylesNov 11, 2012 2:30 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2012 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
AirStyles said:

Calm down boy.

Tell me that is not an unfair comparison. (That big eye girl picture is literally circulated around the internet for it's "QUALITY")

Also this.
To be honest, the picture OP used as an example, was horrible.
Actually never seen anything like it.
Nov 11, 2012 2:59 AM

Sep 2012
Alcapwn said:

i will not denied.

Monad said:

i actually loved clannad afterstory. but CLANNAD alone is a piece of shit.
and the only reason i loved clannad. is beacuse of this:

AirStyles said:

Calm down boy.

e.g. This one
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/15i7zuc.jpg[img]

even this!
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/k16omc.jpg[img]

they are big ass hell. and that is the main reason when i first was going to watch clannad, i drop it. than i decided to just go and see it, too see why was it sooo popular. and it was sht. but i finish Afterstory and i was almost crying.
Nov 11, 2012 2:59 AM

Jun 2008
Alcapwn said:
AirStyles said:

Calm down boy.

Also this.

Oh! yes the first pic is twisted but he also posted another later. You pics don't make the girls look much better ether. Air was even worse than Clannad. Only Angel Beats was kind of tolerable and didn't give you cancer looking at the characters.
Anime like Clannad went beyond having big eyes, the whole faced seems kind of twisted and the eyes are even bigger and stranger looking like they'll fall left and right. I hope that who ever was that guy that made the VN artworks and inspired them to make the anime like that get gangrene in his arm and never draws anything again.
Just look at that shit.

I'm not even gonna compare it with a smaller eye character but to another with big eyes. I chose a similar expression too.

Just look how much better it looks The first one looks like some alien creature coming for our souls or something.
MonadNov 11, 2012 3:21 AM
Nov 11, 2012 3:01 AM

Sep 2012
-DriZzi said:
Alcapwn said:

i will not denied.

Monad said:

AirStyles said:

Calm down boy.

e.g. This one
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/15i7zuc.jpg[img]

even this!
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/k16omc.jpg[img]

they are big ass hell. and that is the main reason when i first was going to watch clannad, i drop it. than i decided to just go and see it, too see why was it sooo popular. and it was sht. but i finish Afterstory and i was almost crying.
Nov 11, 2012 3:03 AM

Sep 2012
Monad said:

Oh! yes the first pic is twisted but he also posted another later. You pics don't make the girls look much better ether. Air was even worse than Clannad. Only Angel Beats was kind of tolerable and didn't give you cancer looking at the characters.
Anime like Clannad went beyond having big eyes, the whole faced seems kind of twisted and the eyes are even bigger and stranger looking like they'll fall left and right. I hope that who ever was that guy that made the VN artworks and inspired them to make the anime like that get gangrene in his arm and never draws anything again.
Just look at that shit.
[img]http://muryou-anime-wallpaper.net/wallpapers/previews/clannad-57-prev.jpg[img]
I'm not even gonna compare it a smaller eye character but to another with big eyes. I chose a similar expression too.
[img]http://www.japanator.com/elephant/ul/23000-620x-chihayafuru.jpg[img]
Just look how much better it looks The first one looks like some alien creature coming for our souls or something.

LOL and yeah, it looks pretty weird. the Fuko girl almost gave me cancer in clannad.
Nov 11, 2012 3:05 AM

Jun 2008
-DriZzi said:
Alcapwn said:

i will not denied.

Monad said:

That doesn't change the fact that that character drawing style is an abomination. I saw Clannad and i didn't exactly crucify it when giving it a score but still say the characters drawing style is as shit as it comes. Well no as it comes since Air manage to be even worse and that's shitty in the other departments too.
Nov 11, 2012 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
-DriZzi said:
Monad said:

BLALBLALBLALBLALBLablalblalBLLBLALBLALBALBLALBLLALBLALBLALBLALBLABLLABLBLALB somthing about clannad.

LOL and yeah, it looks pretty weird. the Fuko girl almost gave me cancer in clannad.

Yea, i didn't like the eyes in Clannad either.
But it's like playing a video gaming, with a wierd skybox.

Ofcourse there's different opinions, but i only watch anime for the stories.
And sometimes the girls are tolerable or more.
Nov 11, 2012 3:08 AM

Jun 2009
Monad said:
-DriZzi said:
Alcapwn said:

i will not denied.

Monad said:

That doesn't change the fact that that character drawing style is an abomination. I saw Clannad and i didn't exactly crucify it when giving it a score but still say the characters drawing style is as shit as it comes. Well no as it comes since Air manage to be even worse and that's shitty in the other departments too.

Air was made in 2005.

It's been 7 years.
A Baby will go to elmentary school
An elementary Schooler would graduate.
A Highschool Student would enter college/start working
A college student "may" have a job.
Nov 11, 2012 3:10 AM

Sep 2012
Monad said:

yeah i know did't say that it did.

looking at AIR lol pretty fuck up.
Nov 11, 2012 3:10 AM

Jun 2008
-DriZzi said:
Monad said:

Just look at that shit.
[img]http://muryou-anime-wallpaper.net/wallpapers/previews/clannad-57-prev.jpg[img]
I'm not even gonna compare it a smaller eye character but to another with big eyes. I chose a similar expression too.
[img]http://www.japanator.com/elephant/ul/23000-620x-chihayafuru.jpg[img]

moe lol
MonadNov 11, 2012 3:19 AM
Nov 11, 2012 3:11 AM

Sep 2012
AirStyles said:

Air was made in 2005.

It's been 7 years.
A Baby will go to elmentary school
An elementary Schooler would graduate.
A Highschool Student would enter college/start working
A college student "may" have a job.

LOL dafuck you mean?
Nov 11, 2012 3:12 AM

Sep 2012

wait wait wait, let me get it clear, you are saying you dont like Ushio from Clannad?
Nov 11, 2012 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
-DriZzi said:

That just made me laugh so hard!
Nov 11, 2012 3:13 AM

Jun 2008
-DriZzi said:
Monad said:

moe lol

wait wait wait, let me get it clear, you are saying you dont like Ushio from Clannad?

The character has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about visuals and character art style.
MonadNov 11, 2012 3:17 AM
Nov 11, 2012 3:15 AM

Jun 2009
It's hilarious how some people overreact over god damn EYES. Like I said in a previous post: when you are watching animation it's only natural to expect you are going to see some less than realistic designs.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jun 2009
-DriZzi said:
Monad said:

That is not fucked up.

This! Is fucked up! (Which you used as an example)

Sep 2012
Monad said:
-DriZzi said:

The character has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about visuals and character art style.

Cool. very cool.

Alcapwn said:
-DriZzi said:

That just made me laugh so hard!

indeed a very pleasent view.
Nov 11, 2012 3:16 AM

Sep 2012
insan3soldiern said:
It's hilarious how some people overreact over god damn EYES. Like I said in a previous post: when you are watching animation it's only natural to expect you are going to see some less than realistic designs.

yeah but why so drastic ones?

AirStyles said:

That is not fucked up.

This! Is fucked up!

i agere this is even better. i wonder what anime is that
Nov 11, 2012 3:17 AM

Jun 2008
AirStyles said:
-DriZzi said:
Monad said:

That is not fucked up.

This! Is fucked up! (Which you used as an example)

They are both fucked up.
Nov 11, 2012 3:25 AM

Sep 2012
Monad said:

They are both fucked up.

i just noticed you like to watch gore/more mature anime.

what is your favorite anime?
Nov 11, 2012 3:26 AM

Jun 2009
-DriZzi said:
AirStyles said:

They are both Awesome.

I like Aria The Origination thanks for asking.
Nov 11, 2012 3:41 AM

Sep 2012
AirStyles said:
-DriZzi said:
AirStyles said:

They are both Awesome.

I like Aria The Origination thanks for asking.

i like Air
Nov 11, 2012 4:00 AM

Apr 2012
Sometimes it's best for the eyes to be a completely realistic size, sometimes it's best for them to be huge. It all depends on the kind of effect you're aiming for. Neither is in any way "better" than the other. It's like asking which is better out of, say, bread or chocolate.
Nov 11, 2012 4:51 AM
Sep 2012
Big eyes.
They look so unnatural, which makes it that much more pleasant to look at.

That girl in the example with the derp eyes, i laughed more than i should have.
Nov 11, 2012 8:08 AM

Sep 2012
EradicatE said:
Big eyes.
They look so unnatural, which makes it that much more pleasant to look at.

That girl in the example with the derp eyes, i laughed more than i should have.

dunt knuw why but your comment made me laught lol
Nov 11, 2012 8:15 AM

Jul 2011
-DriZzi said:
wich one do you like more?
i prefer the old anime style over this big ass anime eye like Clannad

I LOL'D
Nov 11, 2012 8:22 AM

Sep 2011
-DriZzi said:

you are looking bad anyways, and i did't change it. just changed the picture.
oh no you are totally the bad guy in this situation, your the first one that immediatly went into insults calling him a little cunt for crying out loud, your very obviously the problem in this situation

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 11, 2012 8:58 AM

Jul 2012
-DriZzi said:
wich one do you like more?
i prefer the old anime style over this big ass anime eye like Clannad

not sure what you are actually getting at. you actually pit "old" vs. "big ass" here. Which presupposes that all new anime has big eyes and vice versa.

imo there is middle ground. lets look at Nodame Cantable for example.

this is just my bare bones thought. not really developed. i don't think i'm being a douche. Edit: if 2007 isn't new enough, well, whatevs.
Nov 11, 2012 9:25 AM

Jan 2012
-DriZzi said:

i agere this is even better. i wonder what anime is that

Kamichama Karin~ lol.

I always liked Karin's eyes ouo
Nov 11, 2012 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
-DriZzi said:

oh no you are totally the bad guy in this situation, your the first one that immediatly went into insults calling him a little cunt for crying out loud, your very obviously the problem in this situation

Kids now a days cant mind their own businness
Nov 11, 2012 10:04 AM

Jun 2009
-DriZzi said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
-DriZzi said:

Old people these days, can't adapt to changes.
Nov 11, 2012 10:11 AM

Sep 2012
lol out with the old, in with the new

Nov 11, 2012 10:17 AM

Jun 2009
clubparadisee said:
lol out with the old, in with the new

Amen brother! Amen!
Nov 11, 2012 10:34 AM

Oct 2010
What I don't get is why do you guys seem to believe that big eyes = Clannad (and Key in general) style and intentions.
Nov 11, 2012 10:56 AM

Mar 2012
I wish this guy did the character designs for everything. I guess I'd describe the eye size as medium?
JoshNov 11, 2012 11:08 AM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 11, 2012 11:01 AM

Nov 2010
Nordhau5 said:
I wish this guy did the character designs for everything. I guess I'd describe the eye size as medium?
The Cencoroll one was nice, but the others look off, and that's not just because I've seen the anime. And did you see that girl at the very bottom? those eyes do not fit with her.
Nov 11, 2012 11:20 AM

Mar 2012
I agree that the last girl's proportions look a bit off, but I still love the eyes.
LoneWolf said:
Nov 11, 2012 11:36 AM

Sep 2011
-DriZzi said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
-DriZzi said:

that doesnt work when you act out in a place of free public disscussion. If you want people to mind your bussiness you talk through PM's, and if you plan on acting immature by acting out and outright insulting another user because you made a gross exageration but cant own up to it so you resort to name calling in a place that anyone can see, then you damn well better expect someone to call you out on it

Also dont try to use an age argument or accuse someone of being younger and such when you dont have the courage to post your own age, just cause you watch a shit ton of hentai doesnt mean your automatically in the mature age group, most kids are watching porn at the age of 11ish in this day and age.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 11, 2012 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
When it comes to anime, I'm really picky when it comes the the looks of characters.

I don't mind big or small eyes, but when they look like Clannad I'm not interested.
to fruity/cheesy looking for me.
no offence.. I know it's a good show.
Nov 11, 2012 1:39 PM

Jul 2010
logopolis said:
Sometimes it's best for the eyes to be a completely realistic size, sometimes it's best for them to be huge. It all depends on the kind of effect you're aiming for. Neither is in any way "better" than the other. It's like asking which is better out of, say, bread or chocolate.

This ^
Nov 11, 2012 2:23 PM

Mar 2012
Bread is far better than chocolate. Not even a contest.
LoneWolf said:
Nov 11, 2012 3:46 PM

Dec 2011
-DriZzi said:
Nakoshi-san said:
Bill Nye

good choice, and good avatar.
Thank you, twice.

I prefer eyes that don't take up 70% of the characters face. Although, to be honest I've never really watched a series that chooses those types of eyes..
"What kind of vacuum are you filling?"
Nov 11, 2012 6:42 PM

Aug 2012
It has to be not too big but not too small
Nov 11, 2012 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
Godplayer said:

Not sure if eye thread, or boob thread.
LoneWolf said:
Nov 11, 2012 6:48 PM

Nov 2010
Nordhau5 said:
Godplayer said:

Not sure if eye thread, or boob thread.
Not sure if eye thread or eyes thread.
Nov 11, 2012 6:51 PM
Jul 2018
Godplayer said:

I agree with you..

And of course, the same rule applies to the boob thread..
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

70 by Eleben »»
7 minutes ago

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion?

castle2001 - Yesterday

42 by mahyur »»
11 minutes ago

» we already have anime about 30 year old men so why not anime about 30 year old moms be the next trend?

tappioca - 60 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
15 minutes ago

» Is your waifu photogenic?

Catalano - 2 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
25 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - Yesterday

51 by Gashadokur0 »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.